AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Could you Recommend an anime with a TOUGH Girl?

Junior Member Damo is on a distinguished road Damo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2006 09:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Could you Recommend an anime with a TOUGH Girl?

Please?

I'm wondering if there's been any new releases in the last 4 or 5 years, fansubbed or no, where one of the main cast members is a girl allowed to kick some booty, like the guys in Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, etc.

Doesn't even have to be the main character, but I'm starting to get annoyed at Sally Sidelines. It feels like it's been a few years since I've seen seen a female character that was allowed actually be of use in a fight more often than she gets in trouble. If such a thing exists, I'd be mighty appreciative of a heads up.
    Last edited by Damo; 10-01-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Look up Mezzo.

It's kind of a strange series, but the main character is a real ball-buster. (If you don't get what I mean, then watch the first episode.)
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

overkill. .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2012 05:40 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Damo
    Please?

I'm wondering if there's been any new releases in the last 4 or 5 years, fansubbed or no, where one of the main cast members is a girl allowed to kick some booty, like the guys in Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, etc.

Doesn't even have to be the main character, but I'm starting to get annoyed at Sally Sidelines. It feels like it's been a few years since I've seen seen a female character that was allowed actually be of use in a fight more often than she gets in trouble. If such a thing exists, I'd be mighty appreciative of a heads up.
    I totally know what you mean!! I'm looking for that sort of thing myself! Well, I'd recommend Bakeretsu Tenshi [Burst Angel], it has mostly female main characters in it and it's real awesome, Jo kicks major booty! But it also has shojou-ai in it which might not be suitable to you. Umm also my pick, the anime spin-off of my most favoritist of all time video game Xenosaga. It's titled Xenosaga: The Animation and is based on a super strong android girl named KOS-MOS. However, it's not that easy to understand unless you've played the game... so thats not that great of a recommendation. My BEST recommendation to you would be Kiddy Grade, and if you pick that one up just keep in mind that the first 10 episodes are kinda lame [lots of panty shots and all that], but the rest of it is pretty awesome ^.^

Or, you could always wait and buy my anime when I make it! ^_____^ haha
    && all the world's a stage
    i existed because i dreamed it;
    i dreamed the world...//

KISEKISTUDIOS | YINGYANGANIME | DEVIANTART | TUMBLR
    [i made the gfx.]

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I can think of several examples. Recently (in the last 4-5 years) there has been Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Actually wait that is kind of old. There's Lafiel from Crest of the Stars who is a very strong female lead.

But if you are willing to watch a really old anime, the strongest female lead I have witnessed has been Oscar Francois De Jerjeyes from Rose of Versailles. She is the ultimate example of a butt kicking female.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'd buy it if I could. ^_~

I'm just totally sick of picking up an otherwise great Shounen manga (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc) and finding myself wanting to slam my head against the wall at the way the girls are just sooooooooooooooooo much weaker than the guys it's even less realistic than real life! I would totally die to have a well written story with that shounen cliche "I may look like a goofy weak kid now, but I have potential and I'm just gonna keep getting better!" but with a girl in the place of the usual guy. Why can't I find anything like that? Why? Whyyyyyyyy?

I mean, I can get some likable girls in shoujo, and a few of the much less seen characters in shounen can kick booty, but if I'm in the mood for something action I either have to put up with no girls at all or girls so useless I just wanna strangle them (do some freaking push ups Nami!).

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don: The ones where the girls actually fight are old (Rose of V? I think my grandfather watched that... well not quite, but that's pretty dang old).

And Lafiel's emotionally "tough", but I was thinking more of girls that fight on a regular basis.

Much love for Utena, but also pretty old.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Don SGI
    Recently (in the last 4-5 years) there has been Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena.
    That series is creepy, confusing, and involves lesbian character leads.

Just thought I would point that out.

The Hellhound Guardian Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 03:34 AM
    Threads

hellsing??? ceras seems pretty tough...
    I am AnimeForum.com's resident Hellhound Puppy, ain't I cute? ;3

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro Matsuchani
    That series is creepy, confusing, and involves lesbian character leads.
    I fail to see a downside...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wasn't asuming anything, just a slight warning to the anti-homosexuals. o_o;

I actually like the series.

~Temptress Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

Ghost in a Shell, Stand Alone Complex.

As much as I dislike her, Motoko Kusanagi is pretty fierce.

Accio Brains - Ron Weasley

Kyo Lover^^ tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 10:29 AM
    Threads

fruits basket has some pertty tough girls in it

this great sig is made by Alias-Revolution
    (\_/)
    (0.o)
    (><) copy this bunny on to your signature to help in his quest for world domination if you dont you will die slow

Senior Member lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2006 02:00 PM
    Threads

Maybe... hot-blooded woman?
    Hana yori dango has a tough girl, but shes not actiony or anything, just tough with words.

Thanks to Wonderwice

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

A creepy and confusing story does not make for a pleasant experience.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Pru from Bubblegum Crisis 2040 was kinda tough...

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Got Jesus? GodOrDevil? is on a distinguished road GodOrDevil?'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2007 11:02 PM
    Threads

Noir

Gunslinger Girl

Ghost In The Shell

Junior Member MaxPower is on a distinguished road MaxPower's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2009 06:06 PM
    Threads

Fate/Stay Night and Shingetsutan Tsukihime are some good ones

Member g00b will become famous soon enough g00b's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2006 12:01 PM
    Threads

Lucy from Elfen Lied is absolutely brutal, and just basically owns everyone.
    Shes pretty damn tough

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 09:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

Kiddy from Silent Mobius pretty much covers the genre of tough girl, and there are several other strong girls/women in the show. My favorites are Rosa and Rali Cheyanne.
    Last edited by ancientsilence; 10-06-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Member Doomblade will become famous soon enough Doomblade will become famous soon enough Doomblade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2007 01:08 AM
    Threads

Black Lagoon definitely a tuff female in it, tuffest i've seen in a while.

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

some i would recommend would probably include slayers series although it is pretty old, but still one of my most favorite series and lina inverse is a cool character. Another would be shakugan no shana, ergo proxy, and utawarerumono.
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

Gothic Lolita Skyla-chan Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

yeah in kiddy grade... thats some pretty big butt-whoppen[no sarcasm]
    Love hina has some too... *hem* meaning the main girl....
    There are tough chicks[and I mean sickeningly strong O.O] After the 100th episode of naruto.[trunade o.o;;]
    ~Skyla

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2007 11:22 AM
    Threads

Fooly Cooly, Excel Saga, Gunslinger Girl, and Ghost in the Shell: SAC are all good choices.

Senior Member loveheart is a name known to all loveheart is a name known to all loveheart is a name known to all loveheart is a name known to all loveheart is a name known to all loveheart is a name known to all loveheart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2006 03:02 PM
    Threads

umm what i can think of it ikki tousen... maybe umm... the burn up w/excess/srcamble... but i would pick ikki tousen...

A Work In Progress _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 06:08 AM
    Threads

I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Witch Hunter Robin, and Bleach. I'm certain that there are many more out there as well, they're just harder to find. ^_^

Closed Thread

Thread Information