AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is High School like?

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What is High School like?

What is it like? I'm going next year so I gotta be prepared ;.; I'll miss my old friends. Is it a lot stricter than primary? Is it easy to make friends?
    GONE, Goodbye.

Stubborn Half Demon AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2007 11:44 AM
    Threads

Well, I'm in the 10th grade, and no, it's not as easy as middle school

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I remember high school to be like the following:

1. All the old popular kids and cliques from JH no longer matter cause HS is so much bigger so you realize just how pointless your last five years were

2. HS filled with empty, shallow minded morons who care about impressing the opposite sex, smoking weed and spend hordes of money and time to prepare for the most useless event in existence: the prom

3. Classes are only mildly more entertaining and informative, upon leaving HS you will realize what a waste the last four years were. So in short, everything stays the same as it always was just gets harder and more retarded.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I definately agree with Sagat's #2.

The work becomes slightly harder, you get more work, and the majority of the people around you, and probably even you yourself, focus far too much on the social aspect of school (which I don't think should be there in the first place), and not enough on the reason you are there in the first place, that being to recieve an education.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member anime911 is on a distinguished road anime911's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2006 09:09 PM
    Threads

ima freshman and I really dont have alot to worry about at My high school since Im cool wit everybody... if u dont kno a lot of ppl in your high school wen your freshman try to join in a sport/club or watever so u get to kno alot of ppl dont just be a student that really does nuthin because u wont be able to expand your group a friends... I play lil football and Im playin basketball and Baseball this year and Im in the pep club so yea I got alot goin on for me but u should try these things

¤Ecstacy ♥ gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears has a reputation beyond repute gothic tears's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2009 03:46 PM
    Threads

I'm going to High School next year too. My friends are all in High School and they said it's a change but you get used to it just like Middle School.
    I'm just know I'm gonna cry once I leave Middle School....
    I just really hope I'm not going to Lyman High School (which is the school I'm zoned for) because thats the worst High school around here. Kids get murdered there alot...

Well, I'm curious still too so tell us what it's like people

Junior Member JC McVel will become famous soon enough JC McVel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2006 09:45 PM
    Threads

High school is rare, first i like it then i hate it then i like it again, its a crazy place, you meet a lot of new people, you lost a couple of old friends and then you got 11 guys in the backsit of your car going to your house just for having fun
    Royce Da 5'9''
    Nickle, nine, nine in the waistline
    Diss me fine, you won't be the first one
    Piss me off, you get done in the worst way
    I bring light to the night, put the sun in the earth's way
    Yeah
    from Independents Day
    Free Royce!!!!
    R.I.P. Proof & Chef (South Park) both are missed

Senior Member sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2009 09:36 AM
    Threads

High school is where your best years of life come in...trust me. There is so much more freedom and they are not strict. I suppose there will be loads of more work if you are preparing for the SAT test and if you're in the enrichment programs but you will absolutely lovE IT...

He stands there, then walks away. MY God, if I could only say, "I'm holding every breath for you."

Kurtz's partner in crime lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 06:37 PM
    in your closet, so don't try to find me...
    Threads

lots of homework, kinda strict, best years of your life
    please good rep me i know the rules now and i don't want to be alone because my rep...
    *sniffle*
    current rep

super perv, sniper, and mech pilot,
    Kurtz Webber. my hero...

Remie.Remmerz.Rum Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 10:01 AM
    Threads

Well, I'm a freshmen and I say it's no different from middle school besides the fact that the teachers are a bit more strict and such. But if don't get involved in that the "drama", it wouldn't seem like such a big deal really.

@ gothic tears: Lyman SUCKS. Let me repeat: Lyman SUCKS. Gah I pity you...;___; Thank God I go to Lake Howell...>>
    Set created by moi. <3
    Character: Akira
    Series: Air Gear
    Photography = LOVE. <3

Legend Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2011 08:32 PM
    Threads

High school is like a more complex version of Elementary school with older kids. There's really no way to actually explain how it's like, because it all depends on the school. There are however, the different types of groups that people fit into. You don't have to fit in with any of these groups though. Back when I was in high school, I used to hang out with tons of black kids and we were all into Hip Hop. People say that it's the best time of your life, but I think Elementary school is the best time of your life. I hated high school. You might like it though. It's different for everyone. Just remember to study harder than you did in Elementary school if you don't want to end up in summer school to collect credits. Make some new friends and stay out of trouble.
    More than a thousand problems. Less than a thousand solutions.

Dammit, I'm still alive! python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 08:46 PM
    Threads

<quote>I remember high school to be like the following:

1. All the old popular kids and cliques from JH no longer matter cause HS is so much bigger so you realize just how pointless your last five years were

2. HS filled with empty, shallow minded morons who care about impressing the opposite sex, smoking weed and spend hordes of money and time to prepare for the most useless event in existence: the prom

3. Classes are only mildly more entertaining and informative, upon leaving HS you will realize what a waste the last four years were. So in short, everything stays the same as it always was just gets harder and more retarded.</quote>

Correct!

<Quote>I'm going to High School next year too. My friends are all in High School and they said it's a change but you get used to it just like Middle School.
    I'm just know I'm gonna cry once I leave Middle School....
    I just really hope I'm not going to Lyman High School (which is the school I'm zoned for) because thats the worst High school around here. Kids get murdered there alot...</quote> Lol...

Anyway, it's alot like what gouki said. retards, dopers, and murders, OH MY!

and to gothic tears: I don't suppose you have choice?? In florida, that program for school is very popular, 'cause you choose where you want to go.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Bunnies...

Give me all your stuff
    All your base are belong to us

SUPA TANK TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!
    BAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAH
    POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW
    BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

check out my forum site @ http://www.python862.proboards92.com

SIG'S HOLY AWESOMENESS CREATED BY NESPA

Junior Member JC McVel will become famous soon enough JC McVel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2006 09:45 PM
    Threads

oh yeah, the cliques are also an important part of high school, right now right here there is a war on my high school:

Punk Rockers vs. Country Music lovers

.....so....funny xD
    Royce Da 5'9''
    Nickle, nine, nine in the waistline
    Diss me fine, you won't be the first one
    Piss me off, you get done in the worst way
    I bring light to the night, put the sun in the earth's way
    Yeah
    from Independents Day
    Free Royce!!!!
    R.I.P. Proof & Chef (South Park) both are missed

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Meh, high school is ok. I find that, although the work is considerably harder, going to a private highschool makes it so that not everyone is a shallow moron. And to make matters worse for me, it's an all boys school, so impressing the opposite sex only happens at dances, which are relatively frequent. My highschool, to put it simply, rocks. The teachers are, for the most part, cool and down to earth. The entire student body (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12) only consists of about 300 students, so there's enough diversity to make it alright, but not enough so that we're having stupid pissing contests.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki
    The world is filled with empty, shallow minded morons who care about little other than impressing the opposite sex and futile social strifes.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    My highschool, to put it simply, rocks. The teachers are, for the most part, cool and down to earth.
    Well, we all aren't lucky to have been born Masali.

High School was tough if you cared about education (as if public schools can really offer much -.-). As for the social aspect of it, I never really gave a damn. I just kept going only to make sure I graduated at the top and hopefully land a job in which would make my life considerably better than that of my folks.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

Lets put it this way, Think of a princibal with stupid rules, when u talk to him he just nods his head not paying attention. Overrunned by preps, and everything u buy is a complete rip off.

voice of the nations Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2006 04:34 PM
    Threads

I believe entirely that anything and everything is what you make of it. If you think and feel as thought high school will be lame, boring, etc, then it will be. But if you try and make the best of it, it may just end up being a lot better than you think it might. =) I didn't like most of my high school career to be honest, but I still enjoyed it as a whole.

Junior Member TheBoogiepop is a jewel in the rough TheBoogiepop is a jewel in the rough TheBoogiepop is a jewel in the rough TheBoogiepop is a jewel in the rough TheBoogiepop's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2007 12:39 PM
    Threads

If it's like my school it'll be a lot different, but no better or worse.

I'm in 10th grade now, and really disliked my freshmen year looking back at it. I'm a borderline misanthropist anyway, but my first year of high school really made me hate people.

On a lighter note though... The work is much easier. You'll get more of it, but it's a lot easier. This is from my personal experience though.

Don't get worried about your social life. Just go to school to learn and pick up friends on the way. Have fun, but don't try to have fun. It can make things miserable.

SiG's Beloved Soubi_beloved will become famous soon enough Soubi_beloved will become famous soon enough Soubi_beloved's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2006 05:48 PM
    Threads

O...It is fun!!!! ^_^
    I know you will like it!!!
    They grow up so fast T_T
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views" -Docter Who

Senior Member terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238 is a splendid one to behold terin238's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2007 02:01 AM
    Threads

It's just like middle school except with more and harder work and more people.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Best years of your life? Please. University is the best years of your life. Near total freedom, usually going to the same uni as your friends, learning actually interesting and relevent information and no one looking over your shoulder.

High school sucks period. University is fun.

Senior Member [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.] has a brilliant future [H-Es.]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2008 11:09 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyou Inuyasha
    Well, I'm in the 10th grade, and no, it's not as easy as middle school
    I agree.
    I am in high school.

They just give you more homework.

Der Übel Diktator German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2014 06:08 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: German_Sniper9

Im a 10th Grader

Depending on what school you go to is how it will be...

I go to a D rated school and its full of people who are "full of it"

but its easy to get friends, its just you have to chat with them alittle bit
    to get to know alittle bit about them so you know their personality

also be careful about entering high school
    because not alot of people like fresh man and they might even school pranks to welcome you(depending on the school)

Good luck going into high school,
    and i hope no one pranks you
    Best Of luck

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I can sum up high school in three words: a waste of time.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Closed Thread

Thread Information