AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tod's Happy Fun Time Arts

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    What kind of paper and what kind of pens?

You should also note that to ink large lines like that, don't fret about going over them a second time. May be a bit thicker, but they'll look smoother.
    The paper for that is from a spiral-bound sketch book. It's not as smooth or white as my other, non-spiral-bound hardbacks are. I'm sorry, but in my ignorance, I don't really know what kind it is. But I work on things ranging from that kind of paper to printer paper to ultra smooth manga paper. The pens used on that one are Koh-I-Noor brand, Nexus, fine point roller ball. But I also tend to use Copic of various sizes (those are what were used on the "manga" page).

The thing is I don't want thick lines. I want fine lines. Especially for the more detailed works and for things like the lines in Farfarello's hair. I'm not a thick outline kinda girl. It doesn't jive with my style or with what I want to do. And even when I do go back over them to try to smooth them out in that way, they don't really get much smoother...heh...just thicker, but still kinda rough and bumpy.

I was hoping you'd be able to help me with this, since I know you can do smooth, clean lineart. Is there some like...trick I'm missing? Should I hold my hand a way that's different than holding a pencil? Should I go slowly over the lines? Quickly? Gaaaaa.... ;_;

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

The Hellhound Guardian Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 03:34 AM
    Threads

my god...that new pic rocks ^^ if i had your skill, they'd be bowing in the streets when i walked by today!! anyho i love it ^^ i realy realy REALY hope to see more Tod ^^
    I am AnimeForum.com's resident Hellhound Puppy, ain't I cute? ;3

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Die Tod von Euch
    The thing is I don't want thick lines. I want fine lines. Especially for the more detailed works and for things like the lines in Farfarello's hair. I'm not a thick outline kinda girl.
    Well, if you aren't willing to do them digitally, then the only thing I have to say is practice. Train your hand to shake less and if you DO make a minor error, stop then continue with the original line, and try to work line thickness variation into it if possible, or disguise it somehow. Really can't think of any other way to do it. =/
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    Well, if you aren't willing to do them digitally, then the only thing I have to say is practice. Train your hand to shake less and if you DO make a minor error, stop then continue with the original line, and try to work line thickness variation into it if possible, or disguise it somehow. Really can't think of any other way to do it. =/
    I'll work on that, trying to work the variation into it if I make a mistake and such. And yeah, I guess I'll also have to just practice a lot... Especially considering I rarely ink stuff... Practice makes perfect and all. I think maybe what I really need to work on is not being ultra worried/nervous as I do it, so that it doesn't turn out so bumpy... >_>

--

D i s t u r b e d Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2008 05:00 AM
    Threads

I know I said this beforebut lovely work again. You lucky thing ... having a graphic tab... mine are all mouse drawn >> lol. I dislike thick lines too, though they do look quite good at the outside of the picture leaving the inside for the finer details.
    >>>>>|| BELOW SIGNITURE BY ME ||<<<<<

Let's do this in a cool way

Silent Hill's Executioner Xulchibara The Red God will become famous soon enough Xulchibara The Red God's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2006 05:32 PM
    The Unforgiving Hell Know As Silent Hill...
    Threads

Wow, very impresive. Your shading looks very good, hell all of it does but thats beyond the point. Nice job mate!

Initial K Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion] is a name known to all Imp[losion]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 10:18 PM
    Threads

I see you have a good grip of the body proportions. As for the inking part, well, don't try to do it in one pen stroke. It's impossible. Thicker lines, though not as good-looking as thinner ones, help give shape and "depth" (I dunno if that's the right word for it) to a drawing.

Umm, I dunno what else to say... I hope that what I've said so far makes sense.

I've learned from experience that pencil sketches sometimes look just as good as inked drawings, if not even better. It all depends on the artist's patience to go over the lines again, and again, and again, 'till everything looks good enough.

I hope I helped in some way.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

~Imp

Gothic Lolita Skyla-chan Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

Oooooo! I like the red one and 'death' >.< Please keep posting, theyre so lovely!
    ~Skyla

Member Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster has a reputation beyond repute Monster's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2008 10:04 PM
    Threads

nice job. what type of tablet? wacom?

Senior Member sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 06:22 PM
    Threads

wowo very nice i like all of them keep it up
    what anime character you are check out www.theotaku.com plz rep me if you like Naruto.

Senior Member ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi has a reputation beyond repute ore wA Tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2007 03:20 PM
    Threads

Well now, nobody's posted for quite a while^^ And only now I noticed your gallery
    Woah! I love those drawings! I specially like the Shi one It's just plain beautiful. Of course all the others are as well, awsome! And the manga page; I wish I could do something like that! I'm very lazy to do anything that is on the computer. Made very few, but those were on basic progs like Paint and stuff.
    I think too that practice will solve the lining out problem [= When we're doing it we're always so worried that we might get it wrong that it actualy does! But I'm sure you'll get it right.. You've probably improved since you last posted here
    Looking forward for more art work!

Peace~

< if you like my work, add this to your sig and support my Orange Heaven~ !Arigato Gozaimashita!

Senior Member Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew has a reputation beyond repute Kittyninjamewmew's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2007 07:37 PM
    Threads

wow! i luv ur drawings!!! i hope 2 c more and keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

thax for the sigs and advatars -Ookami- and kiss
    of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sora, only ginger... kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom has a reputation beyond repute kingdomhearts_tom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2008 10:21 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: men

Wow... what is there to say... that good from a tablet... i'm gona faint

any tips on body proportions, you've got it great, but i struggle with the neck + shoulders area.

Junior Member ::CREATIVE:: has a spectacular aura about ::CREATIVE:: has a spectacular aura about ::CREATIVE::'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 10:41 AM
    Threads

WoOoOoOoW

So CoOoL

i like them so much

i have no other words to say :

just

u r amazing

::CREATIVE::

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

Beautiful and talented. That's a lethal combination. Use it!

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Old art. But I noticed that the thread closed itself since it went so long without posts, and so I thought I'd give it some CPR. Which reminds me, if you find that your thread gets closed and I haven't left a message in it saying why, it's because of the new program thing on the message board that automatically closes a thread after going a certain amount of time without new posts. Just PM me and I'll re-open the thread for you.

Anyway, the (old) image that I made my current sig and av from...

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. Oh, and someone asked what kind of tablet I have... It's a crappy little Jam Studio one. I'm too cheap to buy a Wacom. ;_;

Hopefully I'll have some new art soon. After finals are finished with. >_>
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 05-01-2007 at 07:37 PM.

--

Smile -Noata- loves you Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 03:33 PM
    On my bed with a pencil in my hand and my sketchbook in my lap.
    Threads

wow. you are definitely amazing.

and I see awhile back that you were having trouble with inking. I don't know how much help i will be. but I will sure try and help you out. I don't use fine point or roller ball pens to ink. I use calligraphy pens and they usually work out pretty well for me. I don't believe I've posted many inked artworks on AF or any for that matter and I dont currently have any stored on this computer. But calligraphy pens work the best for me. They are long and are easier for me to hold and keep steady. My lines are never perfect. But usually come out fairly clean. You can buy different pen tips for different thicknesses. Try small pen tips for finer lines...and larger for thicker. I just have one tip right now....cause my little sister found the others and broke/lost them. In any case, with any pen tip, press hard for thick lines and softer for finer lines. And in my experience, it's best to go slow when inking. Don't get too worked up. Just relax. You are much more experienced artist than me.

Hmmmm...I hope I helped you some. I haven't inked anything in over 2 months. So, I'm a little rusty. If I ink anything new I will definitley post it so maybe I can show you how my lines turn out.

Keep posting art!!!
    Sig made by the lovely: Nespa

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward."
    - Kurogane ( Resiervoir Chronicle)

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Calligraphy, eh? That is one of the things that my screentone book suggests for inking. Hm. I think I'll give it a try. I'm past due for going to the art supply store anyway. I'll pick one up on my next trip. Thanks very much for the tips! ^_^

--

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

its all cool.. i like how you do the hair of the ladies.. really.. ehehe..

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Now...
    It's time for comments^^
    1st pic - I just love it.Just I think it ould be better if you do hands too...But,even without it,it's good.Especially faces and body proportions.very good!
    2nd pic - Same,but I kinda dont like the coloring...I mean,you've coloured it good,but there's just something that keeps me from telling that it's awesome...dunno what...perhaps her arm that is behind her head...Lack of proportions in her shoulder...
    3rd pic - Ah,this is perfect.I like how you coloured paper in green,and that face...Face is awesome,infact,I may say it's perfect...Which I dont usually tell to anyone,but this is jut too good...
    4th pic - I wont comment it since you already told about it...
    5th pic - Dark place...I like the words...Still,I kinda dont like upper part...Part bellow(with the girl)is pretty good.
    6th pic - Well,I cannot give you any advice about inking,since I'm fan of pencils,but I can say that it looks quite good.I suposse that on his nose was supossed to be scar?It doesn't look that way,it's kinda shadow of something...But,except that,it's very good.
    7th pic - This is good,and I mean it!I especially love the skeleton's face,it's awesome...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune is infamous around these parts Takune's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2007 11:18 PM
    Threads

Thats awesome!
    keep it up

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Woo! Constructive crit!

So, reply to Hama:

1st-- Hah, yeah. The lack of hand detail was the style I was going for. Give it more of a cartoony feel.

2nd-- Yeah, Ollie and I went into that on the first page. Her left arm's kind of...wonky. Doesn't bend right. :/ I like this kind of pose, so I'll have to work on fixing that if I use it again in the future.

3rd-- Aw, thanks. ^_^ I did a series of monochrome ones like this. (As seen here and here), but this one was my first and my favorite. I never felt like I managed to do as well with the other two. *pout*

(4th skipped)

5th-- Which upper part? The first square with the dark crystal and such? What part of it do you think is off, and do you have any suggestions of what could be done to change/improve it?

6th-- Yeah, that's a scar across his nose. It bothers me, too, since at a glance it always makes me think I gave his bang there a huge shadow. o_o Perhaps I should have moved his bang away from it a bit, so the two wouldn't be so easily associated. Hmm...

7th-- Danke.

--

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yay! New art!

Teenage Snape! In honor of my belated reading of the books. Hey, better late than never, eh? >_>

Sorry the image is huge. I didn't want to reduce it too much and lose the details. =/

--

The Hellhound Guardian Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Anjiru Ookami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 03:34 AM
    Threads

Ok, seriously I love looking at your style XD
    Crit: I don't see that many problems with the full body picture, but I can't shake this feeling that his forehead is too small. But theres no other problems with the picture, from what I can see.
    I am AnimeForum.com's resident Hellhound Puppy, ain't I cute? ;3

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Not to offend, but it looks an awful lot like Trent Reznor....or maybe its just me. Still, its great! I love the close up <3

I also really like the chess drawning. Death [is that who that is?] looks awsome. Gimmie more [lol]
    <3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()