AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Brain Scramble #1

Last but not least the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2012 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Brain Scramble!

Here is a brain teaser below that I hope you haven't heard already. Try not to read other people's post before you answer.

A son and his father were in a car when the engine died in the middle of the railway cross. Despretly, the father tried to start the engine again as the oncoming train beared down on them to no avail. The father was killed and the son was sent to the hospital.

At the hospital, the surgeon was expecting a normal routine, but on seeing the boy, the surgeon goes pales and mutters: "I can't operate on him. He's my son."

How could that be??

I will give rep to the first few people with the right answer and also people who has an interesting answer too
    Last edited by the_last_icarian; 09-26-2006 at 05:09 PM.
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2014 10:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

There could be several answers to this:
    The father that died was the boys' stepfather
    The doctor was the boys stepfather
    The man that died was a priest

And thats all I can think of o_O

the darkness in the light _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 06:14 AM
    Threads

it was a different kid ??
    Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
    nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

The surgeon is his mother

the darkness in the light _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 06:14 AM
    Threads

or the surgeon was his mother other tahn that i dont know
    Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
    nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Fishes Swim In Zig-Zags Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads

O.o' Toughie ^_^'

I think its either:

-The father was "God" Maybe Not Sure ^_^'

-the dad was hodine ( a magician XD)

-that was an evil twin of his real father ( a clone if you will) XD

* sorri if my post hurts some 1 for some reson* I'm sorri =3
    +If Life gives you lemons, you squirt it in people's eyes+

la vie est exciter ainsi juste
    ほんとに好きです。CC Lemon 。わたしすきanimeです
    ぜんぶelseひみつです

Last but not least the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    There could be several answers to this:
    The father that died was the boys' stepfather
    The doctor was the boys stepfather
    The man that died was a priest

And thats all I can think of o_O
    Very thoughtful answers, I haven't thought of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperaesthesia
    The surgeon is his mother

Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowscala_Xx
    O.o' Toughie ^_^'

I think its either:

-The father was "God" Maybe Not Sure ^_^'

-the dad was hodine ( a magician XD)

-that was an evil twin of his real father ( a clone if you will) XD

* sorri if my post hurts some 1 for some reson* I'm sorri =3
    L0l nice. Good thoughts.

PS. I'm sorry I just realised I've given too much rep in the last 24 hours so I can't give any at the mo. Gomen nasai!
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

I think I've read too many sporkings of awful fanfiction- after posting, I spent five minutes trying to think of logical explanations and everything kept coming back to bloody mpreg. Damn you, internet!

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 05:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This one cracks me up... Why are doctors assumed to be male? I'm female, and I intend to go to med school o.O

~Temptress Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

The surgeon is his mother.

[edit] I answered that without looking at the previous answers, so I didn't cheat. [/edit]
    Last edited by Elena; 09-26-2006 at 05:25 AM.

Accio Brains - Ron Weasley

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    This one cracks me up... Why are doctors assumed to be male? I'm female, and I intend to go to med school o.O
    Yeah that's the whole point of the brain teaser. It's that your brain will automatically assume all surgeons are male, so that confuses you even more!

Quote Originally Posted by chibielena
    The surgeon is his mother.

[edit] I answered that without looking at the previous answers, so I didn't cheat. [/edit]
    Yup good on you! When I first read the quiz I feel for it full-on
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Brain Scramble #2 got closed because I was supposed to keep it in one thread.

Gomen nasai! Sorry!
    So from now on all Brain Scrambles will be in this thread ok!
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    I don't think it's necessarily about gender. The "How could this be?" gives the impression that it's a much more complex solution than it actually is. It's creating the illusion of eliminating the obvious answer.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870 is infamous around these parts judu870's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2006 07:28 PM
    Threads

the doctor is his mother i jsut hade to think about it and that is the logic answer i think i like it can u get more
    judu baby

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

Duh...No one thinks about females. I've heard this when I was six. It's his mom.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 05:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    I don't think it's necessarily about gender. The "How could this be?" gives the impression that it's a much more complex solution than it actually is. It's creating the illusion of eliminating the obvious answer.
    Perhaps a little from column A and a little from column B. If something is presented to me as a brain teaser, I'm going to be more aware that the answer is likely right in front of me. I could be among a minority in thinking that way, though.

On the other hand, from personal experience, people DO tend to assume people in the medical field are male. I work in a pharmacy. Every day I am faced with people who have trouble grasping that we have FEMALE pharmacists on our staff. And even my coworkers, when questioning a customer about their doctor, tend to refer to the doctor as "he" prior to establishing gender.

Closed Thread

Thread Information