AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should teachers be alotted the ability to have off campus food on campus?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should teachers be allowed to bring off campus food on to campus?

Member Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 07:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Should teachers be allowed to bring off campus food on to campus?

Ok the thing at my school is that students arnt allowed to bring off campus food onto campus because our caffateria is "federally funded" -yet we still have to pay for it- but teachers can....I did ask one teacher about this an he said cause were teachers then I replied well were teachers to you always say that we teach the teachers something every day but we still cant... An then he did reply he just shrugged his shoulders.... i mean whats the big deal... why cant we bring off campus food onto campus an they can.
    Last edited by Ziah_Midnyte; 09-25-2006 at 04:04 PM. Reason: i for got a sentance
    Suicide is a form of art really,
    If only others could see its beauty...

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

It depends on the situation.
    If a stundent is bringing lunch from home then it should be allowed. If they want to drive off and pick something up, then I think they shouldnt.
    Back in my old highschool, students used to be allowed to leave campus to get lunch. Several students died in a car crash, then there were students who wouldnt return to school, and a girl even went missing.
    Teachers however, are adults. They've been driving for some time now, most teachers are responsible enough to come back to work, and its highly unlikely that someone would kidnap them..seeing as how they're much older, bigger, and wiser.
    My two cents
    Last edited by Ωmega; 09-25-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typos -_-''

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Let me get this straight.

You aren't allowed to pack a lunch at home and bring it to school? That seems like a pretty absurd policy, and I'm not certain I believe it.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Detrimental Remnant. Gauze is a jewel in the rough Gauze is a jewel in the rough Gauze is a jewel in the rough Gauze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2007 06:28 PM
    Threads

They're teachers. They get paid. They have privileges. Teachers have a tougher job than we do, as students, and they put up with a lot of crap. But I really can't say I know how you feel on this particular issue. My school is allowed to bring food, as long as they don't see it outside the cafeteria. Regardless, teachers get perks. And on their salary, some can't buy a lunch in the cafeteria every day for a whole school year. =\

I have another solution for you, too. Don't let them see the food. o.o
    A.K.A. Dorean Myron / Myrcice Maeghym / Torturous Anodyne / Nocturne Filth / ~Devilish Kidnapper~ / Kuromaru
    . . .
    | Signature by Moi |
    . . .

Senior Member Plaidbutterfly will become famous soon enough Plaidbutterfly will become famous soon enough Plaidbutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2006 03:27 PM
    Threads

If they aren't late for class, sure. Why not? It's their money and a happy teacher is a well-fed teacher. Students can always bring food from home if they don't like what the cafeteria offers. At my school I know several businesses make good money specifically delivering food to our school, both to students and teachers. The administration allows it provided nobody is late to class waiting on their food, and that we heed their occasional heavy-handed wordings to tip.

Simply put it's a priveledge, not a right, to go off campus and get nice food for lunch. Teachers get it because they're older. At my school going and getting lunch out (when you're free in the period next to lunch and have time for it) falls under the category of "senior priveledges", along with coming in one period late when that one period is free and leaving one period early. These priveledges can be taken away for any sort of disciplinary action and it's up to the good behavior of the overall class to ensure that we get them.
    Looking for an Inu-Yasha Roleplay Board...
    Please PM me if you know of one!

Member Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte is infamous around these parts Ziah_Midnyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok we are allowed to bring packed luches from home with home made food in them we arnt allowed to bring any dairy queen -wich is right across the street- or an fast food resturant food to school though... an the teachers usually are late... well mine at least

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

First of all, the school trying to force you to buy food from the cafeteria is absolutely ridiculous. And quite possibly just a way for the administration to show how "sucessful" their funded "health/food program is".

Secondly I think it's fine for teachers to bring their own food. Half the time they may not even have time to GO to the cafeteria and wait in a (most likely very long) line just to eat as they have to prepare for their next lesson, mark papers etc etc.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

So you can bring food. The rule in place is more to keep you from going off campus during your lunch period.

As students, they need to be keeping tabs on you, because they are responsible for you during the hours of school. Saying that you can not bring food from off campus is a method of discouraging students from leaving. Now the obvious excuses would be "I brought it from home earlier" or "My mom brought it to me." By eliminating fast food from off campus, they have now eliminated these excuses, allowing them to have a better idea if you had left or not.

Teachers are not the responsibility of the school.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

What if god was one of us Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2006 12:31 PM
    Idoll I was misslead by this comment because you said "jewel did not sing it" in the bad rep :-/
    Threads

Teachers are paid and students are not. They have more privilages because they are paid to do a job. They can't force paid staff to buy lunch at school because they actually have the power to quit if they do not get good benefits. Kids have very little power and so its easy to boss them around.

I do think its not cool that you can't bring your own food maybe its because they want your money(lots of places want only your money so get used to it infact alot of places force you to buy their food but employees are paid so they can bring food its not just at your school that this happens ) It seems a little bit obsurd in some ways as well.

Your saying you can't bring a home made lunch either right?
    Last edited by Jewel <3; 09-25-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok well you all have wonderous opinions that I like an your right I didnt think of it that way thank you.....but now brings up another question about the caffeteria...... would that be going off topic should i just post another one or would it be ok to post it here its about the hole federally funded thing.....

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They should be allowed. But of course, I don't really have a strong opinion for I do not attend any college and such.

What if god was one of us Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Idoll I was misslead by this comment because you said "jewel did not sing it" in the bad rep :-/
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rukia Kun
    They should be allowed. But of course, I don't really have a strong opinion for I do not attend any college and such.
    Until you get to college you wont be treated as an adult. Since college students are legally adults 99% of the time they can't tell you what to do. However middle school and high school students are not adults and have to be looked after. I think that its not unfair that they can't go off campus during school to buy lunch because they are kids. I think its obsurd if they can't bring a home made lunch in which case the school just wants their money(like a movie theater). But from what I read he was not clear in this and said you can't bring ANY off campus food.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok..that is what it sounded like.......but do you think its fair tohave to pay for federally funded food I mean seriuosly your paying for food that was bought with the taxes you also payed....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ziah_Midnyte
    ok..that is what it sounded like.......but do you think its fair tohave to pay for federally funded food I mean seriuosly your paying for food that was bought with the taxes you also payed....
    Its not fair man. Most things in this world are unfair and you need to get used to it. It is not going to change because thats just how it is. The school knows they can boss you around and they are going to do so. They basically want more of your money and they are going to get it no matter what you do. You are better off just learning to deal with how unfair things are in this world. There are alot of things you are going to have to just deal with and this is one of them.

Theres people that work their whole lives and don't make as much as some 20 year old kids who get paid to play video games and suprisingly are now richer than some very hard working middle class people.
    Last edited by Jewel <3; 09-25-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel &lt View Post
    Its not fair man. Most things in this world are unfair and you need to get used to it. It is not going to change because thats just how it is. The school knows they can boss you around and they are going to do so. They basically want more of your money and they are going to get it no matter what you do. You are better off just learning to deal with how unfair things are in this world. There are alot of things you are going to have to just deal with and this is one of them.
    I was speaking for other people on that question cause im to poor to afford school lunch an have food stamps so scence i use federal money -food stamps- i dont have to use them to buy there food..... heh federal money people are so selfish.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ziah_Midnyte
    I was speaking for other people on that question cause im to poor to afford school lunch an have food stamps so scence i use federal money -food stamps- i dont have to use them to buy there food..... heh federal money people are so selfish.....
    Yeah and it sucks doesn't it?

PS: I can berily read what you said infact I probably missread it because of the poor grammer and spelling. :-/
    Last edited by Jewel <3; 09-25-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm so sorry for that. I do have a problem with doing that. I know I'll just use spell check off of AOL before I post it. <heh me trying to fix the problem...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes! Look at me go! L.O.L.

hit with insane stick razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:37 PM
    Threads

*ooo the wave! lol*
    yah that does seem unfair. but hey, thems the rules
    A SPLENDIFOURUS SITE FOR VIDEO GAME LOVERS.. Or so I would like to think XD Please click the banner.

i love random pms! they tickle

random pms: 15
    more please?

Phantom Thief Dark Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2006 12:16 AM
    In the middle of freakin nowhere...seriously
    Threads

Students at my school can but you have to have a drivers lisence and you can only do it at your lunch period.
    http://s1.bitefight.org/*************58159
    http://z10.************.com/MidnightSanctuary/
    Please go to and check out my site. I just made it so I dont know if you will like it.

(\_/)
    (o.O)
    (> <) This is bunny.Copy Bunny in to your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    Owner:Luxa II

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Dark
    Students at my school can but you have to have a drivers lisence and you can only do it at your lunch period.
    Well arnt you a lucky person. lol

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Regex

You aren't allowed to pack a lunch at home and bring it to school? That seems like a pretty absurd policy, and I'm not certain I believe it.

This is an absurd situation like Regex pointed out.
    Anyone should be allowed to bring some food they made at home. I really found out that for eg. in France the pupils and teachers don't have the right to do this.
    It's really one of the most stupid rules someone could imagine.

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    Threads

If the school states that NO ONE is allowed to have it, including teachers, then no, they shouldn't be allowed. But if it is part of the teacher's lunch rights or whatever to bring in food, then they should. Some teachers aren't allowed, but at the same token don't mind if the students do either (obviously so they don't tell on em). But there are different rules for teachers and students, and those rules should be looked at and carried out accordingly.
    The Greatest Tragedy in Final Fantasy History
    They know their job. Do you?

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Regex

Damn, you beat me to it.
    And also you made the point about the kids being the school's responsibility during the school hours. Teachers can do what they want because they aren't adolescents, and they are teaching, and lunch is their break time. They are permitted to come and go as they please, as they are not the school's responsibility. When they have a half hour when they aren't being bothered by 15-30 kids, I can't blame them for wanting to take off to Taco Bell.

Listen, most of you are adolescents still, and like it or not, you are the school's responsibility until you get home at the end of your school day. Permitting you to leave school grounds would cause a huge liability problem, especially if anything were to happen to any of you. Further more, they can't necessarily trust you all to come back to school afterwards, or be back on time.

It is a rule that you can't leave school grounds to go get food, during the hours of school. Not that you can't bring it with you.

If it was true that students couldn't bring food to school, just like Regex said, it would be absurd, and you wouldn't be allowed to bring a packed lunch. After all, you bought that food at the store and cooked it or prepared it at home, not the school.
    Last edited by Kishiro; 09-27-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro
    Damn, you beat me to it.
    And also you made the point about the kids being the school's responsibility during the school hours. Teachers can do what they want because they aren't adolescents, and they are teaching, and lunch is their break time. They are permitted to come and go as they please, as they are not the school's responsibility. When they have a half hour when they aren't being bothered by 15-30 kids, I can't blame them for wanting to take off to Taco Bell.
    actually, don't know about other schools, but most of my old teachers brought food from home. They spent most of their free period grading papers and doing paperwork so that was less they had to do when they got home.

Closed Thread

Thread Information