AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Guitar Hero comes to Wii and 360!

Nerdius Maximus Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Guitar Hero comes to Wii and 360!

Ok, just though you folks might want to know, but I just heard that the Guitar Hero series is going multi-platform! Opinons of success? Anyone?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas Adams

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

I'm pretty skeptical about this news -- seeing as the guitar controller is made for the PS2, if they don't plan on making a plug adapter then I can't see GH going mutli-platform. Sure, those consoles will have their own controllers, but the magic of the game rests on redOctane's guitar peripheral. It just wouldn't feel the same with it.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I don't follow this stuff so someone bring me up to speed here. This guitar hero thing - is it some sort of interactive game that teaches guitar or some junk? I watched the trailer and it looks pretty neat but I wanted to confirm. Because that, for the Wii with that controller and the game showing you how to do some stuff would be friggen awesome

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

I've heard of the game, I've played the game, and quite frankly, I think it's pretty awesome. It's good to see it coming to a console that I actually have.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

Actually, the guitar peripheral itself is a lot less complex than a normal guitar. The peripheral is made in the essence of pure gaming fashion. Buttons for the notes, and the switch to activate the notes, plus the (lever) for note variance. Pretty simple stuff.

Doesn't really teach you how to play guitar, either. The game features a decent selection of about fifty or so songs (most of which are liscenced, so expect to find a few of your favorites) and the difficulty levels are adaptable enough for beginners and experts. Though, you won't get as much enjoyment from the game unless you play on "hard" or "expert" difficulty, and while those modes are more than enough to cause carpal tunnel syndrome, there's enough challenge to keep those without the guitar experience occupied for a nice chunk of time.

Hell, I like it. Awesome stuff.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

pssh, even on expert, it's nowhere near as bad as actually busting out most of those solos, and you'd have to play "the breaking wheel" constantly to get carpal tunnel. However, the game does teach you (at the highest level, at least) the basic sort of contortions your hand will have to go through if you actually learn guitar. as for cross platform action, I'm worried about the effects of going wireless on timing, since there'll be just a millisecond of lag between when you hit the button and when the game records it.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Junior Member demonslayer75015 is on a distinguished road demonslayer75015's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2006 09:46 AM
    Threads

?? I'm soo lost... Can anyone help me in the right direction or tell me what's going on??

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

It's not hard to understand - this guy is saying Guitar Hero might be going onto the 360 and the Wii. People are talking about the game and the news.
    Last edited by Storm Strife; 09-22-2006 at 04:30 AM.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Please provide a link when bringing up news and rumors.

I have heard nothing to support this, and we don't need rumors propagating here.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    Threads

I acutally heard about this at E3. They didn't release a lot of information about the game, but they did have a small demo of the game. As always, Guitar Hero looks awesome, and I can't wait to get it for Wii if I decide to buy one.

Nerdius Maximus Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928 has a spectacular aura about Gorion1928's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Please provide a link when bringing up news and rumors.

I have heard nothing to support this, and we don't need rumors propagating here.
    I can't get you the link as I got this out of my copy Electronic Gamin Monthly (EGM) Supposedly the info can be found on their partner site, 1up.com, but I can't be sure. I can however say that the peripheral is not going to be a problem. The 360 version will come packaged with its own guitar. It will work the same but it looks different.

Here is a scan I found on google for the guitar

It is an enlarged scan from a picture in EGM.
    Last edited by Gorion1928; 11-28-2006 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Mispelling

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas Adams

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The interview that I read didn't give an actual confirmation that they would be making a Wii version. It definitely looked like they were planning on making something for the Wii, but they were talking about various other possibilities, like drumming with the remote and nunchuck and things like that.

However, it is confirmed that they are releasing a 360 version of Guitar Hero II. Projected early next year.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

According to IGN there won't be a wireless version of the control for the 360.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744594p1.html

I can't say I'm at all happy about the game. I played a display demo of the first game and I can confidently say, this is one of the most asinine games I've come across.

Now, I can't play the guitar, but I'd assume that Guitar Hero teaches you to play about as well as DDR can teach you how to dance.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    According to IGN there won't be a wireless version of the control for the 360.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744594p1.html

I can't say I'm at all happy about the game. I played a display demo of the first game and I can confidently say, this is one of the most asinine games I've come across.

Now, I can't play the guitar, but I'd assume that Guitar Hero teaches you to play about as well as DDR can teach you how to dance.
    Nobody ever claimed it was meant to actually teach you to play the guitar any more than anyone claimed that playing Halo teaches you how to win in a gunfight. Guitar Hero has proven itself to be a very fun game for the PS2, and I can't imagine it will be worse for the 360, considering the utter simplicity of it.

You know it's true.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    Nobody ever claimed it was meant to actually teach you to play the guitar
    I'm just responding since someone asked that question here.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As a side note, only the 360 version is confirmed. The possibility of a Wii version, until Guitar Hero 3 is about none. However a 360 Guitar Hero is confirmed for an early 2007 release.

-Douglas Adams

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gorion1928
    As a side note, only the 360 version is confirmed. The possibility of a Wii version, until Guitar Hero 3 is about none. However a 360 Guitar Hero is confirmed for an early 2007 release.
    I said that just 4 posts up.

You know it's true.

Closed Thread

Thread Information