AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Bleach Dub

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default The Bleach Dub

Well, seeing as how it aired in Canada last night, and the U.S. tonight (it is on right now), I figured the thread should be made.
    So, what does everyone think of the dubbing of it?

Personally, I think it is decent. I do think that the voice actor used for Ichigo sounds a bit too old for Ichigo, and the sound effects were definately played louder than in the Japanese.
    I'm glad about this. I have been watching Bleach since it first began airing, and it is one of my favorite anime, but I was hesitant about watching the dub as it had the possibility of tainting by vision of Bleach, as the Naruto did by view of Naruto.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Comparably, I thought the dub was pretty good. Nowhere near bad, but not quite dub heaven. Then again, what is dub heaven?

So, the dub is quite liveable and likeable. Oh, and about the age? Think of it like casting teenagers as Leto II and Ghanima in the Children of Dune miniseries instead of nine year olds: easier to find actors.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Senior Member sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2006 12:05 AM
    Threads

Well I just watched it about an hour ago, and I have to say that it seemed good to me. The voices fit the characters, they didn't seem to grossly mispronounce anything, and they didn't make new opening/ending music for no apparent reason.

I'm not all that into Bleach; I've only seen a few of the episodes of the anime, but I read the manga as it comes out in the US, and I like well enough.

From what I know of Bleach, the first episode of the dub seems good.

Of course, we'll have to keep watching if we want to know if the rest is as good.

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2007 11:22 AM
    Threads

With the exception of Kon's voice at the end of the episode, I was impressed by the dub.

Robot Inflicted Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 12:59 PM
    Threads

Dub good all Va's awsome and i don't see why everyone disses Ichigo's voice it sounded good to me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information