AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Neon Genesis Envangelion insulting? (please read)

Senior Member Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 12:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is Neon Genesis Envangelion insulting? (please read)

OK, just so you guys know this is being posted by a guy who has seen about 4 episodes of the series, is a Christian, and loves to save money ^_^ (cha-ching). Say like the other day I saw a NGE box set at a good price while I was out shopping and I was thinking about buying it. But recently on the internet I heard it has a bunch of religous references and (aethiests please don't take this the wrong way) because of the fact I'm the kind of guy who can take religous cracks seriously sometimes I was wondering, if I do buy this box set are the characters gonna be all like "Your religion is BS, your an idiot for believing it" and stuff like that or is it not that big of a deal and theres really nothing that should really be taken offensively (honestly after watching Chrono Crusade I don't see how this can be any worse -_-). So my bottom line is does this show really put down religion or is that just an exaggeration? Also, if you guys don't mind saying, what do you think of the robot fights on there? I've seen like a clip or two of some, and saw most of what happened on the first 2 episodes and thought those mechs were like super cool. So if you wouldn't mind telling is this show like super serious 24/7 or is there a few good comedy scenes, romance, etc. And by the way, i've already heard about how much the ending sucks, trust me i'm used to seeing sucky ending by now and it can't be worse as some of those I have seen lately (*coughs* Chrono Crusade, anime not manga, Gantz, Big O). Thank you for taking time to read this. ^_^ Now please excuse me while I tend to my bleeding fingers.

Senior Member jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:01 AM
    Threads

hmm, sticky question. i dont think Eva ever straight out tells people that religion is crap or anything like that, but religions referances are everywhere in Eva. Nothing to be offended by. I think it leaves religion as an open ended question, something people need to sort out.
    its serious alot of the time, so if your looking for something along the lines of FMP forget it, Eva is straight mind melt 24/7. The mech battles are cool, and as the story progresses you discover the truth behind the Evas
    as for an ending...its all up to you to decide if it sucked or not, as i noticed from other threads its a toss up. its interpretation of the whole story arc that forms the ending, it either works for you or doesn't. your call is just that your call. I own the eva box set with the alt ending. its one of my top 10 anime's I'd say its worth having.
    Some people go through life with out ever truly going insain, what a horrible way to live

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, it's not Pro-religion or Anti-Religion, the series simply uses a lot of religious symbols. Like, one of the more powerful weapons is the Lance of Longinus.

The fights are as good as those found in any series I've seen.

The first half of the series has all that stereotypical stuff.

The ending in no way sucks, whoever told you that is shallow and stupid.

Please try to separate each thought into paragraphs. No one wants to read large blocks of unformatted text.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2009 09:15 PM
    Threads

Neon Genesis Evangelion does deal with a lot of religious stuff, but nothing bad, nothing good. Its just simply using lots of religious symbols. No opinions about religion are offered, so theres nothing you can reallly take offense to.
    There's not much comedy and the romance isn't very...romantic. There is nothing light hearted about this series. Its pretty mind-boggling and depressing most of the time, but its well worth the watch.
    The ending doesn't suck. To some it might be a bit of a let down, but its still a great ending.
    エレクトロ・ワールド

The ground shook and cracked, the sun in the sky descended into my hand

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I JUST watched end of Evanglelion last night. And I have to say the religious references are Very VERY vague, and filled with contradictions and inconsistancies. But I'm not gonna pick out specific examples, as it doesn't really make much of a difference. Evangelion just kind of Illudes to religion. It doesn't put it down or anything, it just makes references to make the story more interesting. The only thing anyone could find insulting is that, according to NGE, god is a giant robot, the fate of the world rests on an emo kid, You are now orange tang and everyone knows your secrets, The Spear of Longinus is a tuning fork.

It's more funny than insulting really...while watching end of evangelion I was seriously just laughing my arse off the whole time. Especially when Rei's arm just randomly fell off and then grew back...and then Gendo's hand fell of I was like "LMAO!!! KEEP THE ACID COMING!"
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Member Manwards is just really nice Manwards is just really nice Manwards is just really nice Manwards is just really nice Manwards's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2006 01:48 PM
    Threads

I concur with the other replies. GAINAX (creators of Evangelion) have said on several occasions that the religious symbols were used because "they looked cool". Japan cares about Christianity about as much as America cares about Shintoism. The cross-shaped explosions and Lance of Longinus merely look cool, there's no actual commentary on the meaning behind them.

To give my opinion on the ending of Evangelion, it certainly does "suck", particularly the actual End of Evangelion movie. It's not that everybody has to enjoy it or share the same opinion, so this isn't a generalisation, but a lot of people who do dislike the ending either don't understand it or don't want to understand it.

Eva
    may start out as something of an action show, with robots fighting aliens and all that, but it changes as it goes on and the end result is very much a drama based around character interaction, and the finale reflects that. A lot of people watch it expecting to see lots of battles, and a decisive "victory" at the end, and that's just not what Eva is about. Keep an open mind and stick with it and you'll see what I mean.

Personally, even if I didn't like the ending (which I very much do), it's so unique and complex that I'd respect it regardless. Saying it "sucks" is like saying Shakespeare is "boring". I can't say I read Shakespeare plays for fun, but my point is, there's so much involved in them that you can't boil it down to a single "good" or "bad". I can't, anyway.
    I can't wait for November 17th!

Reasons
    (1) Sonic the Hedgehog released for the Xbox 360!
    (2) Gears of War released. For the Xbox 360!
    (3) It's a Friday! The weekend begins!
    (4) Hmm... there was ONE more... um...

:~)

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

its not for or against relegion. and in fact, you'll need an understanding of relegion to understand it fully.
    or ofcourse the new dvd box set where they explain it.
    its the little things in the series that make this the best. like his left arm being broken sending him berserk. you can work out why they're connected yourself heh heh.
    annnnd i want to go on and on bout this but another time

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Default Well...

In Evangelion, no one is talking about each other's religion or anything like that. As a matter of fact, religion is hardly mentioned. However, there are refrences of Christianity in it like the names of the Angels, the NERV logo, Adam and Eve among other things. Actually, unless you read the first two and the last two books of the bible, you might get very lost!
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 11:57 AM
    Threads

Yeah there is no realy danger or harm. I mean as masili said it is very vaige. Plus it wouldn't be any remarks to chritianity. So go ahead.

Senior Member Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 07:03 PM
    Threads

I am like you Koshiro, I do not take those cracks about religion too friendly. Although I found that Evangelion had alittle to do with religion, but like people we deal with every day, they have their own thoughts. But there are funny and serious things in it. But it is really more focused on mental things. All I say as I fellow Christian, is to pray first, if you do not get a bad feeling about it, then watch it.

Senior Member Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 07:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90
    In Evangelion, no one is talking about each other's religion or anything like that. As a matter of fact, religion is hardly mentioned. However, there are refrences of Christianity in it like the names of the Angels, the NERV logo, Adam and Eve among other things. Actually, unless you read the first two and the last two books of the bible, you might get very lost!
    I agree with your statement

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

masili
    Add an R in there and you have my last name. No, I won't tell you where.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I've found it to be pretty laden (sp?) with Christianity actually.. Dead Sea Scrolls, Longinus, Adam/Eve, Lilith .. the angels themselves all named after angels in the testament (Sachiel, Ramiel, Sahaquiel, Zeruel, Tabris and so on) and each one named according to its purpose.

If anything it is a different ... interpretation of Christianity.

And what was said before about Christianity and Japan is true but that not withstanding I found a lot of interesting religious stuff in it.

Really though, what it comes down to, is delving into who we are as human beings .... Eva, Christianity, is a backdrop to help explain it.

That's my take on it anyways.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    Add an R in there and you have my last name. No, I won't tell you where.
    Marsili

Bwhahaha.

And yeah, it doesn't "Make fun of "religion. A lot of references, but nothing mock worthy.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Hmm...well I'm Christian too, but I wasn't offended by Chrno Crusade one bit. Though I do have something against Evangelion. The dubbing makes me cry! And I'm too cheap to go out and buy it. lol But I've seen a bit of it and I don't think you will be offended in any way.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

things like this come up alot for anime's, comics, movies, etc. when relegious symbols are used for things other then what they should be, there'll always be people making a fuss over it thinking it's making fun of their relegion.
    i personaly offended some relegious guy cause i wear a cross but have no relegion. i simply do it for the fashion (and to remind me i'm not a vampire ^^; )

neon genesis is far from an attack on any relegion. i watched through it a bit last night, and relegion referance's are used alot. but nothing in it could be seen as an attack on the relegion itself.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. It doesn't. Anyone who thinks it takes cracks at christianity is just plain dumb. Sure it uses a lot of references to christianity but they don't go into much detail about the religion specifically and like Manward said they just use the names and symbolism becuase it looks cool and gives the series a mysterious feel to it.

That aside I LOVE the ending plus the last two episodes pwn everything. (the ones where they go into the phychology of Misato, Asuka and Shinji I don't actually know if those are the last episodes... I think they are) I've also seen Evengelion: Death & Rebirth where they had an alternate (suposedly the original) ending that was kinda disapointing and leaves you hanging but the last episodes in the series are very good. The rest of the series is kinda annoying (for the most part) but in the end they make it seem like it was worth sitting through all of Shinji's whining...

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 09-07-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ep 25 and 26 were one ending. the movie was another one. its up to you too which one you rahter ^^
    i liked the series ending more. when ya finaly get an understanding of what the series is about it seems like the perfect place to end it.
    the movie one was more O_o... well, shinji lost his mind ^^; lol

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    ep 25 and 26 were one ending. the movie was another one. its up to you too which one you rahter ^^
    i liked the series ending more. when ya finaly get an understanding of what the series is about it seems like the perfect place to end it.
    the movie one was more O_o... well, shinji lost his mind ^^; lol
    REALLY?!?! COOL! (I was wondering what the heck Masali was talking about but they were talking about another Eva movie aside from the one that I've seen. I was all like O.o Rei's arm falls off and regrows? and then Gendo's hand? WTH?!?!)

anyway alright then that's cool. Yeah the series ending is freakin' awsome.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

last ep, the alternate reality was soooo funny lol
    but yeah. the idea behind the 2 endings is for you to be able to choose which one you rather and for you to decide which is the good ending and which is the bad one. and that would depend on how you see neon genesis.
    the best thing about ther series is everyone has a different way of seeing it, and that may be because of its countless hidden messages and how it's aimed at the teen experiance of going through... stuff

well, that's me trying to sum up some stuff atleast ^^; you'd be best off getting the platnium box set and watching all the directors commentaries and the mythology of evangelion. they point out sooooo much in it.

in the end, evangelion is how you see it ^^ no right answers, no wrong ones. just points of view.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    last ep, the alternate reality was soooo funny lol
    but yeah. the idea behind the 2 endings is for you to be able to choose which one you rather and for you to decide which is the good ending and which is the bad one.
    Actually, I believe the two endings are made to coincide with one another. They are not necessarily seperate. I can't really explain it myself, but if I had to, I would say the ending in the series was figurative, whereas the ending in End of Evangelion was the literal of the forementioned figurative...But yes, my explaination is terrible.

And, no, Evangelion uses religious allusions, as do many other television shows, books, movies, and anime.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

that's also possible for the endings. i was just summing up a bit of what the directors of the series said in the dvd. its still that whole "no right or wrong way to see it" thing ^^;.
    i didnt really like the ending movie much ^^; in the end of the series shinji was like, better O_o. then in the movie he just caves in on himself.

o wells. interesting NGE fact ^^
    there's 3 children, and 3 crew working the comps at nerv.
    the 3 voice actors for the kids, each married the voice actors of the crew ^^

the voice actor for shinji married the person who did the voice for the female one (forgot her name)
    voice for asuka(sp?) married the voice actor for the crew member with glasses (he was also the director for the english version)
    and the voice for rei married the voice actor of the long haired one.

bit creepy O_o

Member kakashifan3 is on a distinguished road kakashifan3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2006 04:06 PM
    Threads

I saw the whole NGE and its true the ending they showed does suck.............as for the whole religon thing(me being an atheist) i really thought they only covered what most people no the only person the really put down was well "god" and the whole Adam and Eve thing.........Any way if u want to see mechs fight watch Eureka 7 or any of the gundam series.. o well i suggest NGE it as a great anime (give or take a few things) just watch it.
    Hiten-Mutsurugi-Ryu, Ryu-Kan-Sen!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yugure's Goddess
    REALLY?!?! COOL! (I was wondering what the heck Masali was talking about but they were talking about another Eva movie aside from the one that I've seen. I was all like O.o Rei's arm falls off and regrows? and then Gendo's hand? WTH?!?!)

anyway alright then that's cool. Yeah the series ending is freakin' awsome.

love
    dani
    dude
    Death and Rebirth isn't the other ending. Death is a recap movie for NGE, and Rebirth is a giant trailer for End of Evangelion (It's basically the first half of EoE). EoE is the alternate (true?) ending. And it is awesome.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah, EoE was the alternate. but i think it was mostly an excuse for a huge fight scene, lots of blood, and... i wont mention the other thing ~_^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information