AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Recent Americans Don't Like to Have Kids???

Banned Forum / Chat ysh227 can only hope to improve ysh227's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2006 04:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why Recent Americans Don't Like to Have Kids???

Why Recent Americans Don't Like to Have Kids???

my friend told me that for thsoe Americans who are younger than 35 nowadays, they hate to have kids despite getting married; thus, they prefer just to spend their rest of lives with their soul mates with NO KIDS.

Do you know why?

Even those rich adults, they do not like to give birth to newborns, they just wanna enjoy the fun and wrok rest of their lives...

Do you guys know any reason for this?

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmmm it seems as if this is a sterotypical situation, don't be so gullable to your friends opinion dear

it depends on the certain person cause everyone is an individual and is different

as for me i don't really want to give birth to a kid, but for some reason i wouldn't mine adopting a couple kids when i am older as a foster care parent or something similiar to that when i retire

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, so you wanna follow the step of Nicole Kidman?

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Well with the general cost of living rising faster than inflation it seems like maintaining an adequate lifestyle I’m not surprised that people are less inclined to have children. When a couple is struggling to maintain a mortgage and feeding themselves, the last thing they need is another mouth to feed.

Addicted to Capernicus! Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 05:56 PM
    Threads

Ok here's my thoughts on the subject:

NOT everyone wants kids, and ALOT of people do. It's one of those things. some people like to go to work, more than stay home to watch a child. Some people just don't like to be around kids, do I have anything against them? Of coarse not, because I have friends who are married and in their twenties, and they are happy.

If you are happy the way things are, do you really want to try something different, usually not.

Next time try to see if it's more of a magority and not just a few people. Many people I know who are young and married really want kids.

I personally want to adopt mostly because there are so many children who have no family and just want to be loved. Is there such a problem with that?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

adoping kids is awesome.

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1) So annoying.
    2) Why bother? Let's just enjoy our lives.
    3) School and University expenses.
    4) Children will be of no use for the parents when they grow up. What's the point?

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Maybe these Americans finally realized kids are annoying little retards who do nothing but create a larger crater in your wallet than what killed the dinosaurs only to turn around and tell you off once they have the ability to speak. This is after they tell you that they hate you and that your 18 years of parenting and hard work amounted to nothing of course.

Screw kids

Addicted to Capernicus! Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 05:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Maybe these Americans finally realized kids are annoying little retards who do nothing but create a larger crater in your wallet than what killed the dinosaurs only to turn around and tell you off once they have the ability to speak. This is after they tell you that they hate you and that your 18 years of parenting and hard work amounted to nothing of course.

Screw kids
    Hahahahaha...
    Wow...best post on this subject!
    Reps for you! And I can see where your coming from...

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You see... This is why people think i'm weird. Not only do I want children, I'm actually looking forward to it. I just like kids. And I don't know how people can HATE children when they themselves used to be children.

Brownies :Q__ Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2008 12:48 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ysh227
    Why Recent Americans Don't Like to Have Kids???

my friend told me that for thsoe Americans who are younger than 35 nowadays, they hate to have kids despite getting married; thus, they prefer just to spend their rest of lives with their soul mates with NO KIDS.

Do you know why?

Even those rich adults, they do not like to give birth to newborns, they just wanna enjoy the fun and wrok rest of their lives...

Do you guys know any reason for this?
    Tell your friend that, not all things that you see on the TV about americans is true.
    I would like to have a few of my own and like ByO735 I would also like to adopt a few kids when I retire. A full house? nah, not that crazy ^.~
    Oh yeah, my commander has EIGHT kids! and most people I know at least have 4-6 kiddos of their own.

much love, ~dai

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Seriously. What is up with you and questions about americans? America has been your favorite topic to talk about. Yeah anyway it is teenagers I think you are looking at. Teens of cuorse do not like younger kids. I'm 20 and I think they are great. They are weird but fun to be with.

cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes has much to be proud of cherryblosmes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    You see... This is why people think i'm weird. Not only do I want children, I'm actually looking forward to it. I just like kids. And I don't know how people can HATE children when they themselves used to be children.
    ur soooooooo right!! i totaly agree with u Red i dont think ur weird cuz i love kids too ^^ i want to have my own kids and adopt kids. lol ^^ they are innconet and cute and adorbale. how could some just say kids are annoying and they were just a kid like anyone else ur soooooooo right ^^
    *lost in the world of broken and dead hearts,
    traped in the mist of ones who lied,
    confused by how foolish i am ,
    wanting to disappear in my world alone with ones who care for me,
    is that forbidden to ask that-tell me someone*

sig by Nespa thank u so much ur awsome !!! lol ^.^
    the famous Crimson Soul the best stalker ever

Senior Member Plaidbutterfly will become famous soon enough Plaidbutterfly will become famous soon enough Plaidbutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2006 03:27 PM
    Threads

Economically, Americans (and generally in the "western" world) the trend has been to have less children (not more) - this is because of the fact that children now are seen more as investments than as potential moneymakers. In other words you don't have more children because you need more people to help around the farm; you have fewer children because you want to make sure to get them into posh preschools and even posher colleges so that they can go out and compete with people for really good high-paying jobs (to support you in your old age!).

Add into this the fact that infant & child mortality rates have plummetted the last few centuries (or even decades), and the need to have nine children because only three of them might make it to adulthood becomes a lot less pressing. Nowadays you can have three children and it's very good odds they will grow into adulthood, barring freak accidents or diseases, compared to the odds of the say 1890s or even 1920s.

It's true some couples just don't have kids. However if you want examples of that I would say your best bet would be Europe, if you want to write alarmist articles, as many European countries (Italy I believe is an example) actually have a negative birth rate at the moment because of emmigration and an aging population.
    Looking for an Inu-Yasha Roleplay Board...
    Please PM me if you know of one!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dunno, I dislike children because they remind me of all the reasons I hate people in general.

They are petulant, whiney, unthinking, gullible, and a self-centered.

In fact, most people are simply large, physically mature children. At least children have an excuse for it, I guess.

...As for the reason we procreate less, there are three trains of thought. Either women are having children later in life to account for a longer lifespan; the cost of resources is such that having more then a couple kids is fiscally unsound, or die-back.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

God of Jello Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2007 11:30 PM
    It's on a planet, now guess where I live!
    Threads

It costs money, can be painful, and is just plain scary. Not to mention old expectations that used to be set for people have thankfully faded out some with modern culture and people are starting to be allowed to make their own choices on children without so much outside influence.
    Show your work.

8(2x+3x-15)+2=7+19
    8(5x-15)+2=26
    40x - 120 + 2 = 26
    40x - 118 = 26
    40x=I saw what you did with that thirteen year old.

A++

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    I am with you and so is my bf so i guess we are werid then

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Kids are expensive. I love'em, but seriously; they kill your wallet.

Plus, some people just don't like kids. Women are also having kids later in life, since it's safer than it used to be.

There are tons of reasons people aren't having kids, or are holding off.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Hallo everyone! ^_^ Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: thornwillow Steam ID: thornwillow

OK, well ... I fit into this category, being a 22 year old male who is at the age they consider 'marriage age' and 'having children' age in America. I think Plaidbutterfly said it all when they mentioned the fact that we don't need to have as many kids because there aren't that many people on farms anymore. And money has a huge issue to do with it.

Getting back to my point. A lot of people my age, the kids who were born in the mid-80s just don't want to have kids so young. I know this because I'm friends with just about everyone I know and many of them want to live their lives first and get a college degree. In all honesty, no one is going be financially prepared for children, but you can try. Some of my friends do have kids, but that wasn't from trying, they children they have were accidents, according to the situation they were in. So I do believe that people my age aren't having kids as much because of we'd really like to live our lives first! Enjoy what youth we have!

Because all in all, we're still kids. I don't feel you're really grown until you start into your 30s. And the thing about your friend ... unless they are American and live here, then they don't really have any credibility. And a general statement like that is untrue because there are always exceptions to the rules, and there are a lot of 'em.

Make Wallpapers or Sigs? Check Out My Images

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The world is overpopulated, this is a good thing. The fewer of us there is to share the resources of the world the better--to an extent anyways, we naturally need a certain numbe of people to ensure the existance of humanity, but it's a mere fraction of today's numbers.

Do I want kids? No. Physical reproduction is inefficient. I want genetically engineered offspring, ridden of all sorts of human weakness.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member kingoftown is infamous around these parts kingoftown is infamous around these parts kingoftown is infamous around these parts kingoftown's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 10:50 PM
    Threads

I also think that people under 35 may not want children, because they know they have a good chance of having children after 35 when they are more ecomonically settled. The time pressure isn't there as much as it was 20 years ago. Plus people are living longer, so you aren't really rushed to having children in your 20's or early 30's. That's my opinion.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I want children. I don't know about other Americans not wanting them but I do. I already have names. <3

Stay in my memories. Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 03:25 PM
    with my Shinigami, circus clown, and hot-tempered Asian in a safehouse... oh the times we'll have!
    Threads

maybe they don't want the responsibility. maybe they just realize the burden...

or maybe they just wanna PARTY!
    Last edited by Furubalova; 09-13-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Senior Member lordraziel will become famous soon enough lordraziel will become famous soon enough lordraziel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

i would love to have kids but for me one of the reason not to have some is i dont want to turn out like my father or the other fathers out there that treat there kids like crap either they mistreat them or run out on them and tell them its there fault like mine

my fifth sig hope everyone likes it im gonna make alot more so be ready for a quick change

Halo 2 Sucks Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2007 06:19 PM
    Threads

Yeah, it is true that some people dont want kids. Even if they burn a hole in your wallet, thats a prt of being a parent. We all were/ are kids that do everything which we now hate. Just a simple part of life, if you dont want kids, then you wont pass on a generation. Not that big of a deal, you may change when you get older more towards the 30s to 35s.

Closed Thread

Thread Information