AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is so great about Neon Genesis Evangelion?

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

My attention span is fine...It does appear to have a deep psychological meaning-but really-it's hard to even try to get into it when you fail to care about the characters I suppose. I didn't like the main characters Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Ritsuko, Misato or Gendo.

If you watch the second ending however--the series also has to do strongly with sex. That huge Rei that rises up-Yeah, she's supposed to be having sex with the universe and all the noises are orgasmic sounds. That's explained in the extras...I dunno, but I find that incredibly odd. Also-Shinji and Asuka/Rei (because some how the 2 are assimalated during this whole Third Impact after Shinji decides-"Oh, yea, I wanna live. There are people who care!" ) become the next Adam and Eve...

The first ending stunk and the second wasn't any better in my opinion. But, that's just my opinion.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Member anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2006 09:23 PM
    Threads

k my friend has given me all of evangelion...havnt seen it yet...though from what I've read up on it and from the posts here it's immersed in it's own huge deep mythology.

some find it tiresome and others connect with it...both sides seem valid to me to be honest.

anyway I like my light entertainment and I also like my 'brain to work', depends on mood.

from a neutral point of view, is it worth watching right now? I'm sure I'll get around to it but at the moment I'm not so fussed.

anyone want to try and sell this franchise to me lol?
    Last edited by anime4fun; 10-03-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Member BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250 is a splendid one to behold BaBiiAnGeL250's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 01:28 PM
    Threads

I...don't really understand it...The very first time I watched it i thought it was ok because I'm not into that Sci-Fi robot stuff I guess it's not very interesting to me...but i admire the way everyone thinks of it so please don't mind what I say ^^
    ^^ This Beautiful Set Made By Trinity Muse ^^

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

Well, you must ask yourself, why do people like FLCL? Why do people like Gundam, or Samurai Champloo, or any other anime? WHy do you like a certain anime?

Its because it catches peoples interest, whether it be a certain character, the story, or just the way it looks. Whatever it may be, it catches your eye and it makes you want more....and more....and more....

Its simply peoples interests, I, for example, like FLCL, but you may not, I dont know. But i like it because of its randomness, its humor and its story. Simple as that.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Junior Member dudethedreamer is on a distinguished road dudethedreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2006 04:08 AM
    Threads

registered just for this topic

i hate eveglon simply because of how much people like it as if was anytihng great or uniqe like akira, casshan (though it was sorta weak). they have pitiful characters like the main character boy (who was the main reason i stop watching), hes a prick and having a prick as the main chaarcter is distastful, the girls around him another pair of hot anime babes (which has almost the same characteristic as any other hot anime babe in any other anime) but gay-boy was very distastful and thus i couldnt contiune watching eva which in itself i tohught was good...

so ah, i hate eva not cause it sucks but because of the fact that i didnt get to watch it because the gay-main chaarcter ruined it! =(

why do japanese always have gay boys like that in anime which could have been very good? like Shingetsutan Tsukihime, god i would have realy love that series (CIEL Sempai and warcuid is so awesome)...

bachiatari akanbe ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2006 08:21 AM
    Threads

It has a wonderous storyline and it isn't some cliche of all the other mecha anime. I especially love how it challenges each charachter and takes you further into the mind of each one to show what they're thinking. <3 It's a great series in my opinion but you really have to pay attention to detail. Kind of like .hack//sign. It's legendary, but if you skip episodes you won't understand the legend.
    ~Made By Marudashi
    "kiesaru kono sekai de anata to aishi tsuzukeru

tamerai mo mayoi mo iranai
    tsuite oide..."
    Gackt: Illness Illusion

(Translation:In this world that melts away, I'll continue to love you

Faltering and lost and unneeded
    Come here with me...)

Member anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun is a jewel in the rough anime4fun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Zanthose: haha yeh I understand the mechanic of why people may like or dislike something...I just wanted someone who knows about Evangelion to say why they may like if for what reasons...and why I may like it or just as equally people who may dislike it and for those reasons. so not an answer perhaps so general or disconnected from Evangelion itself i.e broad, but everything you say is cool and I agree with your post so cheers, everythings appreciated.

@Dudethedreamer: I understand what you're saying but if you're going to discuss why you don't like it...I'm all ears to both sides of the argument could you do it a little less neanderthal? lol not saying you are but your post just expresses your distaste for the main protagonist as you think hes 'gay'...

@Oukoku Inmetsu: cheers for answering my question ^_^ and an insight into what some people think of the series.

@BaBiiAnGel205: XD not to worry there maybe I'll like it maybe I won't...cheers

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dudethedreamer
    registered just for this topic

i hate eveglon simply because of how much people like it as if was anytihng great or uniqe like akira, casshan (though it was sorta weak). they have pitiful characters like the main character boy (who was the main reason i stop watching), hes a prick and having a prick as the main chaarcter is distastful, the girls around him another pair of hot anime babes (which has almost the same characteristic as any other hot anime babe in any other anime) but gay-boy was very distastful and thus i couldnt contiune watching eva which in itself i tohught was good...

so ah, i hate eva not cause it sucks but because of the fact that i didnt get to watch it because the gay-main chaarcter ruined it! =(

why do japanese always have gay boys like that in anime which could have been very good? like Shingetsutan Tsukihime, god i would have realy love that series (CIEL Sempai and warcuid is so awesome)...
    O-o That's....Great...But I was not inquiring as to why people liked or disliked EVA. I could give a rats tail about why you like/dislike it. I wanted to know what was so great about it. I hear people praising it like it's the deepest thing they've ever seen when really I don't think it is very deep. Soo-yea...I know that if you dislike it it's not 'great' to you...But Shinji's characteristics make little difference to what I was asking about. x.x;;
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by かごめ
    O-o That's....Great...But I was not inquiring as to why people liked or disliked EVA. I could give a rats tail about why you like/dislike it. I wanted to know what was so great about it. I hear people praising it like it's the deepest thing they've ever seen when really I don't think it is very deep. Soo-yea...I know that if you dislike it it's not 'great' to you...But Shinji's characteristics make little difference to what I was asking about. x.x;;
    lol...well you'll want to know why people like it to base your judgement on your question 'why do people think its so great?' since it's these set of people that will give you your answer.

and hopefully someone here 'since i havnt seen it yet' can explain in their own words the whole 'religion' of Eva and the values it promotes for you to either agree to or disagree to 'why is this so great?'

I'm with you on this and I want to know why its held in high regard also so I can decide whether to watch it now or just when I can get round to it...
    Last edited by anime4fun; 10-04-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Senior Member tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 07:27 AM
    Threads

I agree 100% to every comment that Manwards has said in this topic.

Sig made by Riina-chan

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

I agree 100% to every comment that Manwards has said in this topic.
    Saying that you agree with someone is not worth posting about if you aren't putting any personal opinion. I'm sure there's a rule somewhere about that.

Now, back to Evangelion. The series does make little sense in the end, and it tends to be very confusing for most. If you're a nerd like me, then you'd see that there is some deep psychological meaning to some of the references that they make (Lance thingy which name I can't spell.).

In the end, however, it was a confusing series that was made by a man that was border-line psychotic in the writing of the manga.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Senior Member tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 07:27 AM
    Threads

Ok sorry for that post above but I think I Manwards has said all that I can myself say about NGE. If you wanna hear what I think about it. Well... I love how every charecter fits into story so well and how every charecter seemed to have life before series started. Also what I find great in NGE is the storyline of growing slowly from chlid to adult

Sig made by Riina-chan

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

I cant say i exactly like Evangellion but then again i cant say i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwards
    You're right about the depth of the characters, Zenkinacu. They may start out as stereotypes (the "wimp", the "*****", etc.) but the reasons for their behaviour become apparent over the course of the series, and the final result is characters more complex and realistic than most other shows I've seen, animated or otherwise.
    I couldnt agree more, the deep characters are truelly unique and great. They are much better than most other characters and i like that as that is how i tend to write my stories...Same goes with the story, its so much deeper than most and takes so much more to understand, I enjoy that.

However, i do not enjoy how it jumps so much and how fast it goes. It like jumps from somebody being in once place to BAM they are somewhere else, that bugs me, but other that its a pretty good series.

So, overall, I enjoyed it, but I wouldnt watch it again.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Silent Hill's Executioner Xulchibara The Red God will become famous soon enough Xulchibara The Red God's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2006 05:32 PM
    The Unforgiving Hell Know As Silent Hill...
    Threads

Hmhmhm..the best about NGE? It's story line is great, the charactors fit well and add into the already awsome story, the animation may not be the best but the feeling you get after watching an episode makes up for all of that...and the best part? If you've ever seen the ending, trying to understand all of what just happened and what was really going on in all of the episodes will make your brain scream in agony trying to think. The series is all around awsome.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

well, good news soon is that 4 new movies (and maby a live action movie, (but not sure if an american made one is really gonna happen there. some claim by 2010 it will, but well... might aswell look into it ^^; )) are said to be coming out and should answer alot of questions about the series that people didnt get ^^;
    (the first 2 movies are recaps of the series, and the next 2 are gonna be other alternate endings. or that's what they say so far)

but if you really wanna understand it, you're gonna need to get the platnium dvd box set. the directors and crew in it answer pretty much everything.
    but they also point out, there's no one true answer with evangelion. its seen differently by everyone with no right or wrong answers.

still, for the sake of this topic. might aswell try to explain one view from the directors ^^;
    basicly, all of evangelion is in shinji's head. just a teen mind going through puberty(sp?)
    in the last eps of the series, he goes over everything and starts trying to understand himself and where he fits in.
    but there are soooo many things to note in this series. like rei being a total mother figure, or auska always wearing those head peices from her plug suit, kind of like horns.
    even things like which eye and arm get damaged on the eva's have meanings behind it.
    it's when you go back and re-watch the series, you notice more and more and once again ya view of the series is switched ^^;

sooooo yeah O_o

shinji also seems like a total wimp. but funny fact is, soooooo many teens going through that age are exactly like him its because of that, they hate him more. lol think about it.
    the best lines he says are like "i hate everything!" total teen drama ^^ or "no-one cares about me!"

anyways, if anyone went through all that, cool ^^ cause i think i was just blabbing on bout random things there O_o

basicly, i think evangelion has so much appeal because you can watch it over and over, always seeing something new, always getting new views and always seeing characters differently.

and if they make those new movies, they better stick to that style and not ruin it >_<

thanks for reading ^^ the entire 0 people that did

(and agreeing with the above poster. it really kills ya brain trying to understand it all. if i can find the mythology of evangelion on you tube, i'll post it. its really worth watching and is a total brain pain )

=[[Wolfwood]]=
    Last edited by Wolfwood; 10-07-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Member DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat is infamous around these parts DanTheGreat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2006 06:56 AM
    Threads

End of Evangelion was pretty crap. though the wanking part made me laugh.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    well, good news soon is that 4 new movies (and maby a live action movie, (but not sure if an american made one is really gonna happen there. some claim by 2010 it will, but well... might aswell look into it ^^; )) are said to be coming out and should answer alot of questions about the series that people didnt get ^^;
    (the first 2 movies are recaps of the series, and the next 2 are gonna be other alternate endings. or that's what they say so far)

but if you really wanna understand it, you're gonna need to get the platnium dvd box set. the directors and crew in it answer pretty much everything.
    but they also point out, there's no one true answer with evangelion. its seen differently by everyone with no right or wrong answers.

still, for the sake of this topic. might aswell try to explain one view from the directors ^^;
    basicly, all of evangelion is in shinji's head. just a teen mind going through puberty(sp?)
    in the last eps of the series, he goes over everything and starts trying to understand himself and where he fits in.
    but there are soooo many things to note in this series. like rei being a total mother figure, or auska always wearing those head peices from her plug suit, kind of like horns.
    even things like which eye and arm get damaged on the eva's have meanings behind it.
    it's when you go back and re-watch the series, you notice more and more and once again ya view of the series is switched ^^;

sooooo yeah O_o

shinji also seems like a total wimp. but funny fact is, soooooo many teens going through that age are exactly like him its because of that, they hate him more. lol think about it.
    the best lines he says are like "i hate everything!" total teen drama ^^ or "no-one cares about me!"

anyways, if anyone went through all that, cool ^^ cause i think i was just blabbing on bout random things there O_o

basicly, i think evangelion has so much appeal because you can watch it over and over, always seeing something new, always getting new views and always seeing characters differently.

and if they make those new movies, they better stick to that style and not ruin it >_<

thanks for reading ^^ the entire 0 people that did

(and agreeing with the above poster. it really kills ya brain trying to understand it all. if i can find the mythology of evangelion on you tube, i'll post it. its really worth watching and is a total brain pain )

=[[Wolfwood]]=
    Ya know, you're the first person who has actually made any kind of real sense to me. xD I don't know why, but your response has made it a little easier to see than the other ones...No offense you guys!

私は犬夜叉の妻である

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

End of Evangelion was pretty crap. though the wanking part made me laugh.
    Made me laugh too. It wasn't crap it just wasn't all that interesting. I found it odd. To me at least. Oh well.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

I'll tell you what's so great about Neon Genesis Evangelion
    nothing, nothing at all

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by der Scharfschüt
    I'll tell you what's so great about Neon Genesis Evangelion
    nothing, nothing at all
    Awh! Must you be so harsh, Scott!?
    It's an okay anime.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name something that's deeper.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member Oo13LUoTHUG26oO is on a distinguished road Oo13LUoTHUG26oO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2006 10:52 AM
    Threads

If you don't understand, it's better not to ask questions. Your head will asplode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean
    I finally watched The End of Evangelion, and I think I finally understand now (with a little bit of confirmation from outside sources).

Since Shinji decided to return the world (or thepeople in it) to it's physical form he returned. From here on out a person has a choice if he/she wishes to return to their former self or stay as on entity. Asuka and Shinji are the first two to return to the world. There is some speculation about Asuka's appearance at the end, but I think it is just her becoming herself once more. She had gone through a huge amount of emotional trauma (coma, finds her mother's soul in her Eva, is torn apart or reduced to LCL, goes through instramentality, returns to a physical form, is being strangled by Shinji).

But, as someone else said, Hideaki Anno loves screwing with people's minds. Some of Gendo's last words are cut out (originally there was to be an explosion silencing his words, but once it was removed Hideako left them silenced anyway).

The voice actress of Dr. Akagi was given a hint by Hideaki as to what these words were, and to this day only she and Hideaki know what Gendo had said.

Anyway, thanks guys. And screw you Hideaki, I want to know what those words are.

Also, as for my favorite episode, either the one where they must synchronize their movements or the first half of The End of Evangelion. I believe it's basically what happens in Episode 25 and is titled Air, but I could be wrong.
    This is a somewhat good analisation by Gilean. It may come in handy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000
    Name something that's deeper.
    Pft. You're asking for a mine of over a million different things there. If you really want me to list things that are deeper I will. :d

私は犬夜叉の妻である

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pft. You're asking for a mine of over a million different things there. If you really want me to list things that are deeper I will. :d
    Yes, I do.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

What a waste of a post. He already asked you to name something deeper. Nice job repeating the question.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information