AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Has Anyone Ever Played Apples To Apples?

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Has Anyone Ever Played Apples To Apples?

Has anyone ever played apples to apples?
    if you have what did you think of it?
    do you have any fun memories from that game?
    me and my friends were playing it a couple days ago
    my friend ashely has a nursery rhyme book, and so we took the original nouns out of some nursery rhymes and placed in apples to apples cards that we randomly drew
    here is a few examples of some crazy mad libs we got
    "if leaf blowers were earthquakes, hawaii would ride"
    "i had an impulsive ben stiller, more deadlier then my charging rhino"
    "if all the ticks were 1 giant penguin, oh what a patriatic girlfriend that would be"
    yes stupid yet amusing ^-^

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Never heard of it. How do you play it?

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default for those who ahve never heard or played apples to apples

here is how you play the game, its really fun
    APPLES TO APPLES
    by Out of the Box
    Ages 12 +
    3 to 10 Players
    Playing Time: 20-30 minutes
    Easy To Learn

Starting the Game

1. Remove the card tray from the box.

2. Choose a player to be the first judge.

3. The judge deals seven red apple cards, face down, to each player (including him or herself). Players may look at their cards.

Playing The Game

1. The judge picks a green apple card from the top of the stack, reads the word aloud, and places it face up on the table.

2. Players (except the judge) choose the red apple card from their hand that is best described by the word on the green apple card played by the judge. Players quickly place these red apple cards face down on the table, according to the following rules --

Six or more players:
    • The last red apple card placed on the table will not be judged and is returned to that player's hand.
      If you snooze, you lose!

Four or Five Players:
    • Only the first four red apple cards placed on the table will be judged.
    • Players may play one or two red apple cards from their hand. (Players attempting to play two cards must place them on the table, one card at a time.)
      Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

3. The judge mixes the red apple cards so no one knows who played which card. The judge turns over each red apple card, reads it aloud, and than selects the one he or she thinks is the best described by the word on the green apple card. The player of the selected red apple card is awarded the green apple card played by the judge.

4. To keep score, players keep the green apple cards they have won until the end of the game.

5. The judge collects all of the red apple cards played during that round and discards them into the box bottom.

6. The card tray, and the role of judge, passes to the player on the left. The new judge deals enough red apple cards to bring each player's hand back up to seven.

7. Play continues following steps 1 - 6 until someone has earned enough green apple cards to win the game!

Winning The Game

(Number of Players) - (Green Apple Cards Needed To Win)

(4) - (8)
    (5) - (7)
    (6) - (6)
    (7) - (5)
    (8-10) - (4)

Want to Play Again?

Simply return the played green apple cards to the bottom of the card stack. Pass the card tray to the next judge and you're ready to play again!

If you reach the end of the red apple card stacks, just shuffle the discards and refill the card tray. The card combinations in Apples to Apples are virtually limitless.

Playing Tips
    • It's OK to play a red apple card that isn't a perfect fit. Judges will often pick the most creative, humorous or interesting response.
    • Lobbying and "table talk" are encouraged! Players can comment on cards and try to convince the judge to pick a particular card - either their own or a favorite choice.
    • Playing red apple cards that appeal to the judge can improve your chances of winning. This is often called "playing to the judge."
    • Red apple cards that begin with "My" should be read from the judge's point of view. For example, when the judge reads "My Love Life," it should be assumed that it is the judge's love life that is being described by the word on the green apple card.

Apples To Apples Variations

"Apple Turnovers"
    For a change of taste, start by dealing five green apple cards to each player. The judge turns over a red apple card from the top of the stack. Players choose the green apple card from their hand that they think best describes the word on the red apple card. The judge then selects the green apple card he or she thinks is best, and awards the red apple card to the person who played the selected green apple card.

"Baked Apples"
    For a more leisurely and thoughtful game, allow everyone, except the judge, to play a red apple card in each round. You may wish to set a time limit for each round to prevent a player from taking too much time.
    "Crab Apples"
    For a tart twits, choose the judge red apple cards that are least like, or the opposite of, the word on the green apple card. For example, you might choose "Charging Rhinos" when the word "Dainty" is played.

Instagram|Tumblr

I shall eat your pies :3 suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky has a brilliant future suky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2007 01:32 PM
    Threads

Lol, that's was funny, but I haven't hear of it either. I've heard of duck, duck goose, but nothing like apples to apples o o
    It sound interesting, I'll give it a try and thanks for posting how to play it too ^ ^.
    Eat my shorts and I'll eat your pies! -devours-
    See?-->INFO you do? are you a newbie? then CLICK!
    (Thanks Nespa)

Love is something precious that can hurt, but also bring u the most important person in your life, so please don't take it for granted is someone says they love u.

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lol classic memories recently of mine from this game:

i was the judge and i had the card Depressing
    my friends picked there cards from there card hand of what card they thought was most depressing
    these were the answers:
    Bill Clinton
    The Great Depression
    Icebergs
    lol now that i think about it bill clinton was pretty desprate lol but i went with the great depression cause people were desprate to get out of that era

Instagram|Tumblr

SLE's Andy! FroHawK will become famous soon enough FroHawK will become famous soon enough FroHawK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2006 02:10 AM
    Threads

ive played this game it was really fun. i played it with my brother and his friends. i dont really remember any of the words we had but i remember that it is a really fun game

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

another classic memory from playing apples to apples

my friend was a judge and had the card ruling on something like that
    we placed the cards that we thought were most ruling
    here were the cards
    canada
    bill gates
    & the 1970's
    lol we choose canada, we were like canada would obviously rule the world lol

Instagram|Tumblr

Senior Member aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop is a jewel in the rough aimforthetop's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2006 04:22 PM
    Threads

Hey I played it just tonight
    Whatever you do don't click HERE

Brownies :Q__ Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2008 12:48 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BLOODyOrCHIDZ735
    lol we choose canada, we were like canada would obviously rule the world lol
    No it wouldn't >.> I didn't say that
    Quote Originally Posted by suky
    I've heard of duck, duck goose, but nothing like apples to apples o o

You're my ducky suky :3
    Anywho, I haven't heard of it either. I'll try it out sometime, that's if understand it first >.> but thanks for posting how to play it ^.^. luv ya! lol

much love, ~dai

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

1. This is not a video game so it doesn't belong here.

2. This is spam.

3. Closed.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Closed Thread

Thread Information