AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Youtube are droping the sells of manga and anime dvds

Senior Member anime911 is on a distinguished road anime911's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2006 09:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Youtube are droping the sells of manga and anime dvds

well u really cant blame the people that usually wacth vids on youtube, its like the best free video website ever! I had read something that certain companies think we rather wacth the anime on youtube and its been botherin with there sells. I just got done wacthin all the episodes for Samurai deeper kyo and Im actually happy sumone uploadin them cause the Dvd's were never found in Delaware where I live and now Im thinkin bout wacthin the whole Naruto seris on there! I kno sumbody thats already farther then Toonami in the way they air the episodes.. do u think this is wrong??

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

Well, it's not like it's the actual website that's responsible for the anime, but those who download it and fansub it, and broadcast it on Youtube. It's kind of like the same as reading scanlations online.

But that shouldn't stop me from buying the anime. Right now, I've been on a complete Ouran High School Host Club fix on Youtube. But it's a new anime that hasn't even finished in Japan, nor has it been released as an anime in the States yet. But once it is, nothing is going to stop me from buying it when it comes to DVD. For me, Youtube is just so I can "test" an anime series.

I have also been a bit skeptical about buying Ayashi no Ceres on DVD (1- they're so darn expensive. 2- Shuro, my fave character is only in one friggin's episode!), so I started to watch it on youtube. I'm not crazy about the anime (the manga is better), so I'm not going to spend $100 dollars for 24 episodes!

So, if Youtube viewers are like me, then some DVD companies shouldn't worry...I'm still gonna buy anime, I just need to find a new job.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Member Tasukiseishi is on a distinguished road Tasukiseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2007 05:01 PM
    Threads

Exactly. I download anime, but I will still buy it when it comes out. I think of it like test driving a car. Would you buy a car you saw in a picture without driving it around first? What if you don't like it?

So watching it on Youtube isn't hurting anything. Oh... and can you tell me where your finding these anime you mentioned? I tried looking but all I get are AMV's. Not that those aren't entertaining...

Senior Member anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG is infamous around these parts anime OG's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 10:30 PM
    Threads

a yo anime 911 u my pplz yo but.....u put this in the wrong forum...this should be in the mics and ect forum. LOL
    my famliy Lorie, anime 911, Guilty Gear, blackfuse81, Jiraiya, animeglobe

[1] On The Line! Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2007 10:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tasukiseishi
    Exactly. I download anime, but I will still buy it when it comes out. I think of it like test driving a car. Would you buy a car you saw in a picture without driving it around first? What if you don't like it?

So watching it on Youtube isn't hurting anything. Oh... and can you tell me where your finding these anime you mentioned? I tried looking but all I get are AMV's. Not that those aren't entertaining...
    It depends on the anime. If you are looking for a not so popular one, then you will have a hard time looking for it or if by chance you find one, but isn't complete. I had problems like that too before, but you know...there are kind people around, so all you've got to do is ask for a favor. Ask those members who are into uploading anime episodes nicely, just like what I did.

And I so agree with you on your first statement. There's too many too pick among anime's and manga and inorder to choose what you really like and be satisfied try and test before buying is effective, so that there'll be no regrets.

PS: Mabye, at some point youtube has dropping the sells of anime and as for manga I don't think so, but scanlations do like fansubbed episodes. Downloading is the most common one. But the question is how serious? Is it that serious? I don't believe it much unless I see some proof and figures.
    Last edited by Uno_Caste; 08-25-2006 at 09:51 PM.
    Thanks for the cool set, Thornwillow.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, I despise YouTube in the first place, but I will say this. I have been downloading anime and manga for a very long time, but if I do like a series and I make a point of buying it when it is available in my country in order to support the anime industry.
    YouTube itself has horrible quality, episodes are split into pieces, and those who upload the anime into YouTube do not give credit to those who fansubbed it. The majority of fansubbers wish for their releases to be distributed on IRC only, and some on BT. Most anime that are hosted on YouTube are put there without permission of the groups which fansub them. At this point, anime should not be hosted on YouTube in the first place. The fansubbers don't want them there, nor do the companies which manage the sale of anime in various countries. I also find that the majority of those who view anime on YouTube can't even name the groups which fansub the anime they watch. Both the official companies, and the fansubbing groups need support. Also, I do not support the ripping and hosting of licensed anime on YouTube. There is a reason why most fansubbing groups drop anime as projects when they are licensed. If you don't know why, I suggest you look it up.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member ~kawaii~cherry~ has a spectacular aura about ~kawaii~cherry~ has a spectacular aura about ~kawaii~cherry~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2006 10:40 PM
    Threads

Its not exactly 'wrong'. I mean, I agree that the quality is bad, and it is kinda like downloading illegal mp3s instead of buying CDs, but since they don't actually *sell* the anime in my country, Youtube is the only way to watch anime for me and my friends, so we use it since we don't have any choice.

I even heard something about Youtube being the new online 'thing' on the news once, and how they were making more money than myspace or something.

s>-^--
    your smile like a delicate rose blossoming
    with my heart's sun growing into your love
    <3

~{ blog }~{ ccs }~{ sm }~{hp }~

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Youtube is not wrong.

Putting licensed anime on YouTube is illegal.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

@Regex: Basically what I am saying. Though I dislike YouTube all together, I would rather it stay only unlicensed anime instead of licensed.

Anyway, you do not have to use YouTube of get anime online. Show the fansubbers some support and use IRC or BT or something. The quality is better, and it shows you actually care about the people who donate their time to bringing you anime.
    And if you want to obtain anime legally, you can usually find licensed anime and manga for cheap online and have it mailed to you.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 08-25-2006 at 11:12 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Robot Inflicted Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman is a splendid one to behold Rowloman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 12:59 PM
    Threads

Its acceptable to watch unlicensed anime their or other anime not available in your country but shows that have been licensed shouldnt be uploaded.

Also why watch anime downloads with Bittorrent or IRC you can get fined for downloading anime, but they cant track what you watch on youtube. Also youtube is a hundred times faster, sure you cant make AMV's or burn em but who cares AMV's are a waste of time and i only need to see a show once with the exception of FLCL.
    Last edited by Rowloman; 08-25-2006 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Cuz i have more to say

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    Youtube is not wrong.

Putting licensed anime on YouTube is illegal.
    Theory: I live in Holland, the chances of me getting anime licenced here are low. Sure, some shows may get licensed, but the geater part don't (we still don't have Naruto, for example). Technically, because the anime hasn't been licensed in my country, I wouldn't be uploading licenced anime.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

[1] On The Line! Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2007 10:44 PM
    Threads

I prefer downloading anime over watching it on youtube. I don't usually watch anime on youtube either. But, youtube is my last resort whenever I failed to find and download an anime for free especially the old ones. I go to youtube mainly for looking for PV's and AMV's and sometimes when I'm curious about a certain anime and I want to know what it's all about, then i look and watch for the pilot episode's of it. If I like one, I stop watching it on youtube and shift to downloading and would definetely stop watching the anime on youtube if it didn't appeal to me.
    Last edited by Uno_Caste; 08-27-2006 at 01:56 AM.
    Thanks for the cool set, Thornwillow.

Seldz Bin Liner Boy =D Sywyn is on a distinguished road Sywyn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 07:18 AM
    Threads

Usually if I am going to start watching a new anime, I watch the first few on youtube. To see what it is like. Then if I like it and can't buy it, I'll get it from a fansubber, till it's available for me. Even then (after buying it) I only watch them subbed though, I couldn't bring myself to watch some of the dubbings (Naruto drove me mad listening to the english voices as I had saw some fansubs, Cowboy Bebop was not to bad though)
    Sywyn. Far from home

Member Tasukiseishi is on a distinguished road Tasukiseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2007 05:01 PM
    Threads

I'll agree that the quality on Youtube is pretty bad. I posted my AMV's up there and it doesn't compensate for widescreen amvs. That's irritating. But it's not only Youtube that's playing liscensed anime. Shoucast TV on Winamp does it too. You can't pick and choose what episodes you want to watch but it doesn't change the fact that it's liscensed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information