AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elfen Lied

Hybrid View

Anbu the Assassin chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2009 12:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Elfen Lied

I don't think I see one in here.. Well, anyone ever hear it? It's a good anime for me, BUT the details is minus and the art is just not fit the story.. And also it's have unesessary nudity in it.. But the Op music is cool! Well, discuss..

Once could be a fluke and twice a coincidence, but thrice proves it's a real ability.

Junior Member edo'sgirl is on a distinguished road edo'sgirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2006 07:08 PM
    Threads

I like Elfen Lied. I think it's cool. Your right, there could have been less nudity, but I think that it was a pretty good anime.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

I didn't like the anime all in all, but there were a few good points that it had to it.

I didn't understand why the main characters would even consider putting themselve in the line of fire for some strange naked girl that they found on a beach. Yet, if you think about it yourself (For the guys out there), what would you do if you found a hot naked chick on the beach that only knew how to say nyu?

Enough said. xD
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

-+The King of Viper+- Mamushi will become famous soon enough Mamushi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 08:50 AM
    Threads

I like it. But you're right. Too much nudity. They're useless. But actually, it's very cool. Shattered human body parts, you can see the bone from it's piece..... But I prefer the ending song...
    Fhhhsssshhh....

Saint de Fello

the fire alchemist HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog is infamous around these parts HellHog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2006 11:26 AM
    Threads

never heard of it but ill watch it soon

family
    mom:luck_sharingan_sakura
    brother:rowloman
    sister:angelic_doll_hikaru
    wife:.....
    son:.....
    daughter:.....
    dad:.....
    still accepting people to join my family the more the better please join

number 1 with a bullet macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2 has much to be proud of macus2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 03:47 PM
    Threads

i have seen it, its not that bad

"You can't have the Green AND White Ranger!
    They're the same person!
    D: "

Anbu the Assassin chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

Lucy is cool. I like her.. I like Lucy, not nyuu.. You know what I mean.. I hope.. ^^

Once could be a fluke and twice a coincidence, but thrice proves it's a real ability.

Junior Member sharinganuzr10 is on a distinguished road sharinganuzr10's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2007 08:55 PM
    Threads

i liked it. but in the beginning i was surprised with all the blood. this anime has to be the bloodiest anime ive ever seen!

i LOVE THESE ICONS!!!!
    Check out my Sakura Vid=http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfY5OYlMMFE

-+The King of Viper+- Mamushi will become famous soon enough Mamushi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 08:50 AM
    Threads

You're right. Lucy is cool. Not like her other side, Nyuu. OMG. I want to kill that other side of her. Really. I hate a girl type like her! So, Lucy won't have a silly side like that.
    Fhhhsssshhh....

Saint de Fello

Hyuuga Clan's Byakugan -Neji_Hayabusa- will become famous soon enough -Neji_Hayabusa-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2007 02:04 AM
    Threads

Post removed due to language
    Last edited by Regex; 09-25-2006 at 11:00 AM.

Member g00b will become famous soon enough g00b's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2006 12:01 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied was a really good anime, yes, a fair amount of nudity and gore, but i liked the story too, and the ending was ace

Member Ouroboros Anarchy is just really nice Ouroboros Anarchy is just really nice Ouroboros Anarchy is just really nice Ouroboros Anarchy is just really nice Ouroboros Anarchy is just really nice Ouroboros Anarchy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2007 01:25 PM
    Under the pool table of the Aigburth Arms
    Threads

I love Elfen Lied. Even when you ignore the nudity and gore the story is well written. The stuff dealing with repressed memories and psychological trauma isn't something you see in many animes and mangas. Well none of the ones I've seen or read.

And I disagree. Nyuu is cool, Lucy may be the cool psychotic killer, but Nyuu is the cute sister most Otaku would love to have, well at least this Otaku would.

Member TMcMahon51 is on a distinguished road TMcMahon51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2006 06:30 AM
    Threads

Elfen Lied is the one where people end up being dismembered a few times, right?

If so, then yes, I do find it pretty cool. There aren't many anime I know of with that kind of gore, except for Hellsing, and another that I can't exactly remember.

I really need to come around more often

Junior Member TheDevil'sReject is on a distinguished road TheDevil'sReject's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 03:37 PM
    Threads

I've seen the first 10 episodes so far and i must say that i am really enjoying it. I admit that sometimes the nudity is a bit....pointless, but putting that issue to one side, it's still a great anime and a great achievement overall.

Taking Your Cares Away...One Swipe At A Time!

Senior Member anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Gizmo Pocky Gemini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: tehpaddleduck

I have seen bits of ElfenLied, enough 2 realise shes insane xD
    All i have seen is her rip people's limbs of and kill, does she even have a nice side?

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

Everything in it is perfect :]

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

I really like it even though it has the unnecessary nudity. Some might say the nudity was actually part of the story. But who knows. But anyways, the action is really good and if you like a lot of gore in your animes, then you will like this one.
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Member Gnosis is on a distinguished road Gnosis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 07:55 PM
    Threads

Elfen Lied was a masterpiece. It was extremely well written, the way they put scenes of comedy with scenes of drama. The nudity served a noble purpose, though some of it was unnecessary. Without the nudity of the Diclonius, it would not have felt as realistic, or felt as serious. When people are captured and torture, they do not get clothes. You have to be mature enough to really enjoy the story, otherwise it can really freak you out.

I love Elfen Lied. Even when you ignore the nudity and gore the story is well written.
    The nudity and the gore are an integral part of the story. Without the brutality of the Diclonius, we would not feel what the writers are portraying.

I didn't understand why the main characters would even consider putting themselve in the line of fire for some strange naked girl that they found on a beach. Yet, if you think about it yourself (For the guys out there), what would you do if you found a hot naked chick on the beach that only knew how to say nyu?
    Kouta put himself in the line of fire for Nyu, beacause he a loving and kind person. It was not because she was a "hot naked chick." He would have done the same for the little girl Mayu. There exists a philosophy where you put others above yourself, and risk your life for other's well being. Go do some research on it, you might learn something.
    Last edited by Gnosis; 10-30-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Любовь в тебе и во тне как опиум.

Junior Member Vodovorot is on a distinguished road Vodovorot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 03:42 AM
    Threads

The anime rocks. Just rocks. Don't mind the fansab - it is just to attract some pathetic hentai lovers (if you are one - you are pathetic! lol). I totally enjoyed the thing - the anime, not fansab, - and i can tell you guys, it will be the best thing we are to see in this year, except for Karas, of course.

>_<
    It is only by fate, that any life ends, and only by chance that it's mine... not yours! (Oblivion)

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

The hell is "Fansab"?

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

I agree, the violence and nudity is very necessary for the story.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fansab is usage of nudity in anime, used to attract larger amount of viewers. lol
    It is only by fate, that any life ends, and only by chance that it's mine... not yours! (Oblivion)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, sorry for spelling - it is spel fansub. That's it. FANSUB.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Well.. Fansub is just when unpaid fans are translating and subtitling an anime... I think you may be confused.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I saw it on /b/TV about 2 months ago with Masali. It was funny.
    Really, i'm the first to enjoy the whole...Nudity+Gore equation, but this was just too much. Not too mucH in terms of the amount of gore and nudity...Too much in terms of how lame it was.

Closed Thread

Thread Information