AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Do you own a gun?

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Agreed, Diesel. It's true. Close combat, shotgun is probably the best weapon you could have. Unless, however, it's past a certain point, with most shotguns, is about thirty yards. Then, it's rendered ineffective.

Hawk's fellow Misha1688 is just really nice Misha1688 is just really nice Misha1688 is just really nice Misha1688 is just really nice Misha1688's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2006 10:32 AM
    Threads

I don't have a gun cause it's illegal. The best protection you can have here are pepper spray's and for that you have to be 18.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Krsnik
    Agreed, Diesel. It's true. Close combat, shotgun is probably the best weapon you could have. Unless, however, it's past a certain point, with most shotguns, is about thirty yards. Then, it's rendered ineffective.
    for home defense nothing is better then a shotgun "A pistol for home defense is only to fight your way to your shotgun"- can't remember who said it lol
    EDIT: I own a 590 w/ no choke, and with slugs I cant hit a chest size target at 100yds, so it depends what type of ammunition you're using and what choke the shotgun is(when using shot instead of slugs the higher the choke the longer the distance)
    Last edited by der Scharfschüt; 08-26-2006 at 08:36 AM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2014 09:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by der Scharfschüt
    for home defense nothing is better then a shotgun "A pistol for home defense is only to fight your way to your shotgun"- can't remember who said it lol
    Home defense is overrated. If you're burgled, you're more likely to be hit when you're at vacation or at work than when you're actually at home. So then your shotgun is pretty useless.

If you really want to feel secure, you're looking at a mote filled with sulphuric acid, landmines, guard dogs, guard towers with snipers, electric fences, IR-cameras, seismographs (to detect digging), metal detectors and lots of lots of barbed wire; with your home being a concrete bunker, 50 ft into a mountain.

But then, nobody will ever be able to get in or out of your house.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Home defense is overrated. If you're burgled, you're more likely to be hit when you're at vacation or at work than when you're actually at home. So then your shotgun is pretty useless.
    wtf are you talking about lol, I ws just stating that a shotgun is best for home defense, this topic is about guns not where your more likely to be robbed at lol

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Misha1688
    I don't have a gun cause it's illegal. The best protection you can have here are pepper spray's and for that you have to be 18.
    Yes.. I know the situation... But I don't think I'll ownin the future a gun. I think they are just to dangerous.

Senior Member HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker is a name known to all HyperHacker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2008 12:28 AM
    Mario Raceway, 1509.831, 217.198, -564.429
    Threads

I wouldn't trust myself with a gun. I fear I'd lose my temper and shoot something I shouldn't. <_< >_>
    <-- totally addicted to .hack
    (\_/) - This is TEH BUNNAY. Copy him into
    (0.o) - your sig to help him on his way to
    (> <) - world domination.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkatex
    Yes.. I know the situation... But I don't think I'll ownin the future a gun. I think they are just to dangerous.
    Guns are not dangerous. A fully loaded and functional weapon will not fire unless the person pulls the trigger. Yes you may have a negligent discharge if you throw the damned thing stock first into the ground but even then it is a relatively slim chance.

Guns aren't dangerous as long as you use common sense and respect it. Guns are only dangerous when you have an idiot behind the trigger because like all mechanical devices it's the operator, not the tool.

Kurtz's partner in crime lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 06:37 PM
    in your closet, so don't try to find me...
    Threads

yes. a vintage 1893 rifle that uses lead balls. still works but used for decoration
    please good rep me i know the rules now and i don't want to be alone because my rep...
    *sniffle*
    current rep

super perv, sniper, and mech pilot,
    Kurtz Webber. my hero...

What if god was one of us Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3 is infamous around these parts Jewel <3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2006 12:31 PM
    Idoll I was misslead by this comment because you said "jewel did not sing it" in the bad rep :-/
    Threads

Several guns. Including a rifle with a sniper scope.

Never fire an unloaded gun at yourself. Even if its unloaded a bullet could be in the chamber.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel &lt View Post
    Several guns. Including a rifle with a sniper scope.

Never fire an unloaded gun at yourself. Even if its unloaded a bullet could be in the chamber.
    Good point. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't. I don't see anything wrong with them, I'm just not interested. I think along the line of passive defenses... Thick metal doors, locks and bars on the windows, burglar alarms, panic rooms, overly elaborate death traps, auto-turrets... things of that nature. I guess I'm just more of a mutant guard-bear sort of guy.

@Diesel: I personally plan on building my house at the earth's core… or maybe on the surface of the Sun. I haven't decided.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331 is on a distinguished road Jester1331's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2006 05:42 PM
    Threads

Default any

no i don't but swords are better

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I own some airsoft guns. I used to own a luger, but it's gone.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I have a glock, altho I prefer a sig. I've been to the range to learn how to shoot that and several other guns including a light weight rifle, feather weight shotgun (I'm really not a big person) and some revolvers.

I also am looking into getting my CCW, Ryans sisters boyfriend is joining the State Police and he says its a good thing to have just in case. I find that they're good for self defense, if someone breaks into the house for ANY reason, not just to steal, I'd like to be prepared. There are a lot of whackos out there, and nothing says "Get offa my porch" than a sig in your face ^^

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Guns are not dangerous. A fully loaded and functional weapon will not fire unless the person pulls the trigger. Yes you may have a negligent discharge if you throw the damned thing stock first into the ground but even then it is a relatively slim chance.

Guns aren't dangerous as long as you use common sense and respect it. Guns are only dangerous when you have an idiot behind the trigger because like all mechanical devices it's the operator, not the tool.
    I know this stuff just from movies.. But I think you're right Sagat.
    Here are the rules of owning a gun very strict...
    You firstly be min. 18 years old, second: you must justify why you want to posses a gun. Then you are verified by the police and just then, if they say it's OK, I think after a waiting period of 6-8 weeks you're the legal possesor of a GUN.

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

Owning guns isn't common at all over here. My stepfather has some for clay pigeon and pheasant shooting, but since they have to be kept in the gun cabinet at his father's house, I only get to use them when he brings one round to shoot a rat or put down one of the pets in an emergency (I'm not the one shooting rats and injured pet bunnies though- never shot anything more sentient than a Coke can)

stick ninja zappa_demon is infamous around these parts zappa_demon is infamous around these parts zappa_demon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2006 12:30 PM
    Threads

dont have one now but i got a killer sling shot
    come se my forum at http://animepop.aceboard.com

Spirit Goddess Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Eve's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2008 07:34 AM
    Threads

No, I do not own a gun, nor do I ever plan on owning a gun. I like to watch movies or anime with great gun battles, but personally, I would not like owning or shooting a gun in real life.
    Soul Reaper: Taking on the Afterlife, One Soul at a Time!!

Tale Arians YOU Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale has a reputation beyond repute Ariantale's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2007 06:56 AM
    Threads

I do not, sadly. Though, what would I give for a Browning Hi-Power Mark III..(Childhood dream ;-;)
    Last edited by Ariantale; 10-25-2006 at 10:15 AM.
    --
    -Lovely Set by Thornie-pie -

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information