AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea' 1,2 and makai kingdom

Member DemonTakemaru will become famous soon enough DemonTakemaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2006 03:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Disgaea' 1,2 and makai kingdom

Has ne1 ever played any of these games, i personally love 'em.
    Tactical/strategy rpgs with funny/hilarious comedy and really good stories that mean business in my opinion.
    I pre-ordered disgaea 2, get alot of stuff with the game strategy guide soundtrack, etc...
    RPGFan.com has the art for most of the character classes in each game.

Also i looked for a thread on these already, i may have missed it though, please let me know if there was one thanks.

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

Disgaea is awesome and Disgaea 2 looks promising....but Makai Kingdom didnt catch on with me..and to my knowledge, there isnt a thread like this.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Junior Member hyperpsyco56 is on a distinguished road hyperpsyco56's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2006 10:23 PM
    Threads

yes people who know what disgaea is. i borrowed disgaea 1 but afterwards i couldent find it in stores i have makai kingdom and im going to get disgaea 2
    freedom isn't free

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry, i'm kinda used to asking q's like has ne 1 ever played/heard of, since i usually go to forums in much smaller places.

Anyway, I liked disgaea 1 better than makai kingdom myself, Makai kingdom was way to chibi.
    Mainly the fact that your weapon were the same size of your character and the sprites for the characters them selves looked stupid and sort of dis-proportionate.
    Fav class in disgaea, of course Majin, makai kingdom, chef, and from what i've seen of disgaea 2, just based on looks, the fubuki, the male ninja, or the heavy knight.

From that day forth, my arm changed.... and a voice echoed...... Power...give me more POWER!
    ~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

Thy sins are eternal and I pray not for the dead
    ~Abel Nightlord~

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

Quote Originally Posted by DemonTakemaru
    Sorry, i'm kinda used to asking q's like has ne 1 ever played/heard of, since i usually go to forums in much smaller places.

Anyway, I liked disgaea 1 better than makai kingdom myself, Makai kingdom was way to chibi.
    Mainly the fact that your weapon were the same size of your character and the sprites for the characters them selves looked stupid and sort of dis-proportionate.
    Fav class in disgaea, of course Majin, makai kingdom, chef, and from what i've seen of disgaea 2, just based on looks, the fubuki, the male ninja, or the heavy knight.
    Um....Nippon Ichi's trademark is pretty much chibi style game graphics....so saying that Makai Kingdom was "way to chibi" doesnt really make sence....and besides, the weapons in Makai Kingdom are no smaller than the ones in Disgaea....so yea

And lets see...you look like a FFVII fan due to your Avatar, so let me mention this, the polygon graphics for VII sucked, the people looked chunks of cheese and ice cream cones, so let me ask you, why are you complaining about the look of Makai again?
    Last edited by Zanethose; 08-20-2006 at 01:33 AM.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Senior Member Sammael has a spectacular aura about Sammael has a spectacular aura about Sammael's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2007 03:28 AM
    A small little country called Brunei...<very very tiny country>
    Threads

Makai Kingdoms's not bad but I prefer disgea 1's due to the fact that in Makai Kingdom you main character's a lvl 2000++ book...I'm currnetly awaiting Disgea 2 Cursed memories ( heard that its way better then Makai)
    I fear...muffins.....instead I could use a cookie <Hurray> COOKIES!^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zanethose
    Um....Nippon Ichi's trademark is pretty much chibi style game graphics....so saying that Makai Kingdom was "way to chibi" doesnt really make sence....and besides, the weapons in Makai Kingdom are no smaller than the ones in Disgaea....so yea

And lets see...you look like a FFVII fan due to your Avatar, so let me mention this, the polygon graphics for VII sucked, the people looked chunks of cheese and ice cream cones, so let me ask you, why are you complaining about the look of Makai again?
    Seriously, nunchaku that look like to bow staves linked with a chain, and the sprites were smaller than disgaea, well at least that's how it looked to me, i don't know, i guess i can't really put it in words, but something about it bugged me.
    and ffvII graphics don't apply here, plus it was a psone game, and cd format, not dvd format.
    To put it simply before i ramble on, there was just something about it that bugged me.
    Ok then here's some info, each character class is supposed to have a unique thing that only they can do/have. all i know so far is male ninja's are still super fast, and female ninja's have a chance to attack twice.
    Last edited by DemonTakemaru; 08-21-2006 at 04:51 AM.

From that day forth, my arm changed.... and a voice echoed...... Power...give me more POWER!
    ~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Senior Member Sammael has a spectacular aura about Sammael has a spectacular aura about Sammael's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sweet can't waiit for it to be released...I've been a fan of disgea since the day I bought it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It'll be arriving at my house on the 29th - 31rst, one of those days.
    I'll let ya know what it's like, and drop a few pics from the strategy guide, and if you want, upload the ost for you guys.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll be waiting to see the screens and by the way did you know there's a disgea anime? I got the songs for it but haven't seen it yet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yep, i did.
    Also i'm getting the disgaea MANGA, it'll be great, i'll have to post a few scanned images from that as well.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hope to see how it is

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

All the dialog in those games is fantastic the presentation far less so. Sure the game play is solid but they lack any real flair in my opinion. Also they all look about a generation old, I love sprite based games but they are quite ugly. And all around just bland looking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmmph, well to each there own, personally i think they're pretty well done.
    Funny as heck and they have drama and romance.
    I think the stories are pretty solid, and the game play as well, plus i can put myself in it in a sense and customize myself.
    A major plus in my book.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh you can custimize alright, but at times it feels half the classes are just color swaps of each other. And often times the difference is negligible over all anyway.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah that is true, they could have done something better than a color change
    for higher types of a class.
    But all in all i liked it, and there were differences in stats and such of diff types of the same class, at least i noticed, especially in majin, divine majin is way better than the one right below it.
    same goes for all classes, at least that's how it seemed to me.
    also 5 to 7 more days. yeah.
    % more till it hits store shelves, 5-7 till it arrives at my door with extra goodies.
    Disgaea 2 is goona rock.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea. we all have different views of the game. I personally think it's gonna rock too! How can you say its ugly(well..I agree that the job change colors aren't that good) but yet its still a very well done game. Oh, DemonTakemaru, did you play Atlus's La Pucelle?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How can I say it's ugly? Even ignoring color swaps you have the the blatant environments cracking at the seems. This is especially bad in makai kingdom. Also anything the requires a polygonal model is just burly to look at and looks like first gen psx stuff.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes, makai kingdom was really a bad game ( your main character's a lvl 2000++ book) but its the story and the humour that makes me wanna play the game.Not the graphics and colours

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael
    yes, makai kingdom was really a bad game ( your main character's a lvl 2000++ book) but its the story and the humour that makes me wanna play the game.Not the graphics and colours

Yes it was the same for me.
    Also i never got a chance to get my hands on La Pucelle tactics, how was it.

Also, 2-4 more days, yes yes yes. 2 before it hits store shelves.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It was good! The battle system are the same but a little modifications.You can purify demons and turn them into you allies. There are comedies in the game which I find very amusing and its almost identical to disgea 1 except it does not involved the Netherworld tho

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've already mentioned the excelelnt writing but the game was just bland. I just don't think Ps2 games should look like GBA games. That's not to say it can't use sprites but put SOME style into them, or at least animated them better.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The way they were made was just fine, besides you couldn't fit the games on a gba i mean c'mon way to much data.

~Nero, Devil May Cry 4~

~Abel Nightlord~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea and the graphics are way better than the gba by like 10 times. How can you say that graphics look like the gba?! Plus disgea has like a hell of a long gameplay even the gba would explode if you put it in there

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes because you two who obviously don't know programming or anything about specs really know what you're talking about. You would lose the voice acting and the 3-d models but that's about it honestly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information