AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Animes be made into live action movies?

Junior Member Anime Alchemist will become famous soon enough Anime Alchemist will become famous soon enough Anime Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2006 05:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Should Animes be made into live action movies?

I think they should. I mean animes seemed to be ignorned by the movie making industry. American Superheros are going to run out eventually.
    Anime should get the attention it deserves.
    If the anime is good enough then I think it should be made into a movie. I'm sick of waiting...

Legend Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2011 08:32 PM
    Threads

It depends. For instance, some Anime series should stay as Anime, because they contain that special element that makes it really good as its original medium. If you take a look at an American graphic novel writer such as Alan Moore and tons of his work converting to the big screen, many of them weren't meant to become films, because they contained something that could only be achieved in its original medium. In the same way, I can only see a select few titles making their way onto the big screen. Some titles I could see on the big screen are probably Black Lagoon, Tokko, Ergo Proxy, Hikaru no Go, Beck, Suzuka and Ray the Animation.
    More than a thousand problems. Less than a thousand solutions.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

It'd be great if anime could be made into live action films. As long as the film turns out good, I'm great with it.

I'd like to see Perfect Blue become a live action movie; it'd be a great thriller. I'd pay the $4.50 to go see it at the theatres any day.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I hope not... I don't think that they would translate very well... for some reason I always felt that the fact they were animated allowed for a different connection, so to speak, then there would be in live action. Besides they could never be as good as the original.

And finally people with strange hair colors (like in the guy in my sig) would look REALLY strange in live action
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Legend Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes has a spectacular aura about Thousand Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2011 08:32 PM
    Threads

Has anyone seen the Sailor Moon live TV series? There's an example of bad real live adaptation haha. It's so corny. I heard that they're making DBZ into a live action movie too? Is that confirmed or true?
    More than a thousand problems. Less than a thousand solutions.

Senior Member Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2006 04:47 PM
    Threads

Sure, some anime titles probably deserve a live action film. But some on the other hand shouldn't, because as we all know hollyweird has it's ways for screwing things all to heck. And some anime titles have gotten live action films. Some of them are good, most of them are awful. To name a few, there's The Guyver, Kekko Kamen, GTO and Initial D.

Oh and don't worry about them running out of American superheros. It won't happen, especially when the typical comic flick gets at least one sequal.
    Last edited by Shiro Akuma; 08-06-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    Come visit me and others at...
    http://www.twilightcity.net/forum/index.php
    Hot for Teacher ____________________________________ Prime for President

Thanks to Nespa for the sig.

Remie.Remmerz.Rum Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan has a reputation beyond repute Remie-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 10:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Eyes
    I heard that they're making DBZ into a live action movie too? Is that confirmed or true?
    I don't know about there being a DBZ live-action coming out, but I did see a few minutes of the Dragonball live-action movie yesterday on the Spanish channel. ~.~ It was weird 'cause it was made in Hong Kong and the fighting scenes were horrible...Hehe. But the costume and hair were ok...>>

Anywho, there aren't alot of anime that'd make a good live-action. Someone in another forum said Gravitation and I nearly gagged. I can't image that at all! But, Beck and Perfect Blue might work..And they have a Cromartie High School and GTO live-action. XD I want to see them.
    Set created by moi. <3
    Character: Akira
    Series: Air Gear
    Photography = LOVE. <3

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

I dont really like the idea of aniem being made into live action. I just think it would ruin the anime.

And speaking of the Sailor Moon live action show. I saw the first episode just cause I was curious and my friend had it on his comp. If your a big Sailor Moon fan you would hate it becasue it so extremely stupid. You would be mad. But I kind of found it funny because it was do rediculous.

And speaking of the DBZ live action movie. Hollywood was actually thinking of doing it but botched it for some reason or another and to say the least, I am happy they didnt ruin the show with a live action.
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Senior Member TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25 is infamous around these parts TheOathkeeper25's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2007 08:01 PM
    Threads

heck no are you crazy.it looks fine just the way it is
    Kakashi,Sauske,and kh rule.

... loves YOU! Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2008 07:22 PM
    Threads

Well it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe only SOME animes can. Just ones that have a reality influence to it.
    FYI Anime Alchemist is my older sister.
    Last edited by Princess Hoshi; 08-07-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

I don't think it should

Senior Member tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2007 03:32 PM
    Threads

NO! it wouldn't be the same

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Eyes
    Has anyone seen the Sailor Moon live TV series? There's an example of bad real live adaptation haha. It's so corny. I heard that they're making DBZ into a live action movie too? Is that confirmed or true?
    yeah i read about that but they never went through with it,Jackie Chan was going to be Goku,it would have been really corny.
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

I'm not weird i'm gifted Lorikachan98112 has a spectacular aura about Lorikachan98112 has a spectacular aura about Lorikachan98112 has a spectacular aura about Lorikachan98112's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2007 01:18 AM
    Threads

Default Should anime be made into live action movies?

I don't think anime should be made into live action film's..I mean look at what's happening to the superhero movies...
    .:________________________________:.
    My love, blind me, kill me, In our blue room.

Junior Member my tears of sorrow is a glorious beacon of light my tears of sorrow is a glorious beacon of light my tears of sorrow is a glorious beacon of light my tears of sorrow is a glorious beacon of light my tears of sorrow is a glorious beacon of light my tears of sorrow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2007 02:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tears of sorrow
    NO! it wouldn't be the same
    i think the same as my sister, it just won't be the same, it would look like, well, wired
    Time To Die

Senior Member Kakashi Sharingan eye has a spectacular aura about Kakashi Sharingan eye has a spectacular aura about Kakashi Sharingan eye has a spectacular aura about Kakashi Sharingan eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2007 12:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Alchemist
    I think they should. I mean animes seemed to be ignorned by the movie making industry. American Superheros are going to run out eventually.
    Anime should get the attention it deserves.
    If the anime is good enough then I think it should be made into a movie. I'm sick of waiting...
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!
    If you like naruto or hinata click on this link...

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I would say that making it live would definately be an interesting way to display anime. I don't think that all anime should be displayed on the big screen though because it would look far too different, and honestly I like it the way it is. If it maybe made movies with the use of computer graphics, or say art, and somehow made it into the movies on the big screen like the series, then I may find that to be really quite fascinating.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

... loves YOU! Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2008 07:22 PM
    Threads

I would say that making it live would definately be an interesting way to display anime. I don't think that all anime should be displayed on the big screen though because it would look far too different, and honestly I like it the way it is. If it maybe made movies with the use of computer graphics, or say art, and somehow made it into the movies on the big screen like the series, then I may find that to be really quite fascinating.
    Yes I agree with you. Computer graphics would be good Like the Final Fantasy Movie. Using real people just would be weird and how would the industry find people that look like the characters?

onto the end Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 01:37 AM
    Where dragons roam free and cats can talk
    Threads

I do and don't think they should. I do because it would be a new way of showcasing anime. Like if some one liked the movie, they could go out and buy the anime and mangas. and Don't because it would be separating from the anime feeling and designs and it would be harder to, like example if some one where to do a magic attack, it would be harder for them to make it look realistic as it is shown in the way in the anime. (And right now, i'm think of the El Wind attack from Fire Embelm: Path of Radiance...)
    A signature I made for another forum, but I like it just a little bit to much. ^^

Junior Member asincuka is on a distinguished road asincuka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2006 05:49 AM
    Threads

i don't think it should because it will be different version of the anime

Knust Hjertet Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 12:27 AM
    Threads

It would probably ruin the magic, anime should stay that way...anime. Sure it might be a great theoretical concept, but if you put it up to live action as we have it today. It could only be butchered, I mean, is anyone going to put up the budget necessary to get it correct?

I seriously doubt it as anime is yet to be taken that seriously, and if it were who is to say that they would do it "right", and in the correct way in the eyes of fans. It may flop regardless, the realm of anime is much better. Look at video games that were adapted...poor in just about anyones sense. Just take the live action of Super Mario Brothers the movie...horrid.

As much as I would like to see live action Cowboy Bebop and a hot in the flesh Faye Valentine, I sadly say I'd have to pass as the possibility of a live action movie of it is next to impossible. Not satisfying in any case.

Wish if was a possibility though, maybe way in the future as technology and more things become possible in live action.

Mega budget production CG...thats a possibility.

But on the other hand I stumbled across this on my surfing rambles, it isn't an anime but it is another possibility that ppl are "getting" the concept of crossing games,anime and live action. I do not know if this is from an actual movie shoot or what, but if it indeed is...it dose look a bit promising! Could Samus and Metroid be a live action in the future? And could it actually be good?
    Last edited by Moon Helix Avatar; 08-09-2006 at 06:26 AM.
    (An American Original. Made In Norway.)

"Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting."

"Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow."

"Decide carefully, exactly what you want in life, then work like mad to make sure you get it!"

"Defeat never comes to anyone until they admit it."

"Failure is the path of least persistence."

Forsaken by her master Guardian of light has a spectacular aura about Guardian of light has a spectacular aura about Guardian of light's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2006 12:55 AM
    in the deepest, darkesst, most secluded! receses of my mind
    Threads

ya i think they sould but you have to make sure its only certain ones otherwise say the anime Descandants Of Darkness (Yami No Matsuei) how would they mak a pheonix that looked good? i dont know about you but ive never seen a phoenix in a movie and i think its for good reason...THEY CAN'T DO IT!

Trompe l'oeil. Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena has a reputation beyond repute Athena's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Pink And Blue Ribbon Blue Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2012 01:35 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb

No, i dont think they should, anime is perfect as animated shows, plus anime means japanese animation....and isnt animation supposed to be non-realistic? Oh well, my opinions are my own....
    "Perception is the only reality."

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

It really shouldn't. They would be done horribly no matter what and anime should stay anime. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stay in my memories. Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 03:25 PM
    with my Shinigami, circus clown, and hot-tempered Asian in a safehouse... oh the times we'll have!
    Threads

no cause i think it would take away from the animation and what it is... well thats what i think

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information