AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Air Gear

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Air Gear

A few months ago, I started reading a manga called Air Gear. It is created by the most awesome manga-ka, Oh! Great (the creator of Majin-Devil, Himiko Den, and Tenjou Tenge). I am not sure if there is already a topic for this awesome manga, but if thre is, I apologize in advance. Anyway, I am wondering how many other fans there are here of this manga/anime. Any opinions, criticisms, favorite characters/teams, etc is welcome here.

On that note, I must say that my favorite character is either Ikki or Kazu, both of whom are members of team Kogarasumaru. This manga, aside from One Piece, is without question my favorite manga going currently. I was definitely put off by the fact that the plot can be summarized as "rollerblades with awesome powers", but once you get into the series, there is just something interesting that keeps you in. Maybe that is just me.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm with you on this one. I have been reading it for the last three months. I got into it mostly because I am a huge fan of all of Oh!Great's works, and had already red Himiko Den, Majin Devil, and Tenjou Tenge.
    I really love this manga. The plot is excellent, the characters are great (my favorites being Agito/Akito and Ringo). As expected, since it is Oh!Great's work, the artwork is excellent and fast pace, and there is a huge amount of fanservice.
    The anime which was released in April started off good, but like Tenjou Tenge, was too toned down. It also got off track from the storyline set up by the manga, even in the first episode. I still watch the anime, as it is amusing, but it is going downhill.
    As for the manga, the only disappointment I have is how dragged out the current fight against The Super Beasts (that was their name right?) is. It seemed like Ikki and Agito had the upper hand, for a few chapters, but they were immediatly overtaked by the guy who has the Fang Regalia and the Mastadon-guy...yeah, I'm bad with names...

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As far as the names go, I believe the team is called Behemoth, their leader is called Udou Akira and the "Cyclops Hammer" is named something like Bandou (can't remember his name well). The part where Ikki and Agito had the upper hand was similar to when the other Kogarasu were in the middle of their respective fights. I thought it was super lame the way Onigiri won, instead of having Kazu win, but I guess one of Oh! Great's specialties is not going with what is expected. I just hope that Air Gear doesn't get as complicated and needlessly confusing as Tenjou Tenge has gotten.

The thing in recent chapters of AG that has been getting to me (the major reason I wish I could read Japanese) is why the heck Ikki and Ringo are fighting (chapter 136).

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo
    The thing in recent chapters of AG that has been getting to me (the major reason I wish I could read Japanese) is why the heck Ikki and Ringo are fighting (chapter 136).
    Chapter 136? Has it been scanlated that far? I only have up to 70...

Just a guess, but does it have anything to do with Simca?

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Mada Mada Dane yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2007 09:36 PM
    Threads

I've actually seen the anime its pretty cool,but I like the manga a lot better.!!I saw the first three episodes at an Anime Convention with my friend.My favorite character would be Ikii..^^'
    [Awesome set made by Blackdragon15]
    Are you a fan?------>

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Started reading the manga when it first came out for scanlations... And watched the anime when that first came out as well... Great art and unique storyline.

Of course the anime doesn't stand much of a chance against the manga, it's still nice to see everything in color and full motion. (I still think they changed/cut out alot of stuff though. C'mon, I think the crow thing could have been explained like in the manga. Oh well...)

Junior Member CP9-Lucci is on a distinguished road CP9-Lucci's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2006 08:14 AM
    Threads

Definitely one of my favorite mangas. Favorite charater is definitely Kazu since he is just so awesome as the underdog character who became good so fast. Loved it when he fought the guy from behemoth and even though he lost it showed him fipping him off that was so cool it had to be one of my favorite parts. Just read newest two chapters and they were actually stupid enough to do the victory pose in front of so many people. My hatred for akito's brother is even more now than the first time he was in it.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea, I can't believe they actually did the pose either. But, I guess when your leader is someone like Ikki, nothing is surprising. I wonder just how good he (Ikki) is when compared to some of the other "Kings" such as Spitfire, or even Ringo for that matter.

Closed Thread

Thread Information