AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the future of man kind

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default the future of man kind

Now i have been wondering. Evolution has said that man was created through evolution and we started as small organisms and build ourselfs up to today. Now i ask what will we look like in the future? Will we be tall, short, big, hairy, dark skinned(uv light protection)

I think that we will be dark skinned do to the atmosphere slowly vanishing and that we will be humped back and short. Just a guess. What's you opinion?

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

We won't be around long enough, with countries like North Korea having access to nuclear weapons I don't believe that the world will be here that long. Not that North Korea would launch a nuclear weapon(because nuclear arms are more for political uses then war) but that N. Korea (or a country similar to it) may sell nuclear arms to small groups of radicals who have nothing to lose

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey ah no offence i just want to keep this strictly to the topic. And north koria can't do anything they are not even powerful.

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then I would say we would look about the same, maybe small diferences but nothing drastic. (I never said that N.Korea would launch a nuke but that a small radical group would, all it takes is one nuclear launch to start a full scale atomic war. And power isn't the issue, a country like lets just say russia is less likely to launch a nuclear weapon because they know that once they do it's all over, but a small country with nothing to lose is just that much more unstable and more likely to launch a nuclear arm. Sorry to go off topic again lol, thats the last time)

Knust Hjertet Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar has a reputation beyond repute Moon Helix Avatar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 12:27 AM
    Threads

Either we will self destruct ourselves somewhere down the line, or the world will fall under control of one ruling sect. Like one organization will bring the countries together and rule them with an iron fist, I wouldn't mind being a part of that organization to be truthful because I will sit better than most, as long as I prove useful in any case which I can be very lucrative!

Other than that to be precisely on topic with evolution, we will possibly get shorter due to climate changes and skins may get darker over time as well. Larger and more heavy body types generate too much heat when operating, so the ice caps are melting and the ozone is being shot to hell so all we can do as far as adapting is shorter and smaller I think.

I'm not too keen on evolutionary topics.
    Last edited by Moon Helix Avatar; 08-02-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    (An American Original. Made In Norway.)

"Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting."

"Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow."

"Decide carefully, exactly what you want in life, then work like mad to make sure you get it!"

"Defeat never comes to anyone until they admit it."

"Failure is the path of least persistence."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If i wanted to make a thread about nulear war and small countries then i would but this is about evolution millions or thousands of years in the future.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh like millions of years, then I would say we would still look similar to what we do now just different internally, like new organs that preform the tasks of what several of our organs would today

Senior Member sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon is a jewel in the rough sapphiredragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2006 12:05 AM
    Threads

Millions of years from now, our species will no longer exist.
    Last edited by sapphiredragon; 08-03-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, new rules, evolution millions of years in the future what would we look like. I'm not saying just post something saying were going to be dead. I want to here you opinions.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

gills, we gotta have gills, but theyd be in like the webbing of your fingers or toes, that'd be awsome

Member __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__ is a jewel in the rough __Jesse__'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 05:49 PM
    Alabama. Southern to the core. And yes, I even have the accent that goes with it.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    Now i have been wondering. Evolution has said that man was created through evolution and we started as small organisms and build ourselfs up to today. Now i ask what will we look like in the future? Will we be tall, short, big, hairy, dark skinned(uv light protection)

I think that we will be dark skinned do to the atmosphere slowly vanishing and that we will be humped back and short. Just a guess. What's you opinion?
    I'm glad you're not in charge of evoloution, zodiak. You made us into cavemen all over again! But honestly, am I the only one who doesn't think this world is going to last too much longer? I mean I know everyone here doesn't have the same beliefs as me, but come on, imagine how corrupt the world is going to be. It is obvious to me that God must have a lot of patience.

Anyway, on topic. Just because I am a Christian, doesn't mean I don't believe in evoloution (when I told my parents that, they were like, WTF?!) I believe our heads will be bigger. Obviously that's a pattern that has been going on since the beginning, since neanderthals had heads shaped much differently than ours. Also, those people who believe we will lose our little toes are wrong, I believe it helps us to balance more. If our little toes do anything in evoloution I believe they will only get bigger to make their use more apparent. I believe we will be smarter, which kind of goes along with our skulls changing structure since each evoloution of the head has come with a smarter man. zodiak, you may have a pint when you say we might have darker skin to adjust to the ozone depletion. But c'mon, more hair? I'd just like to think the decendents to my throne are not going to be a bunch of hairy werewolves. Plus, not only would the ozone depletion cause us a need to protect ourselves from uv rays, but also to keep cool. We would already be protected against the uv with our darker skin, being really hairy on top of that would just make us hot as hell.

This is kind of off topic, but did anyone see that special on the Discovery Channel about the world after the extinction of mankind. I showed the next hypothisised evoloution of animals and the world. It showed spiders being the size of dogs. According to it, the last mammal would become extinct by being devoured by spiders. Someone as arachniphobic as me, got a kick out of that. Of coarse being a Christian I think when mankind is gone most of the world will be gone, but I think there may be a part of it left. After all, animals don't have souls, maybe there still will be animal life when the world ends. Or maybe not, I don't know, I just remember hearing from a few fellow Christians that even after the world has ended, part of the earth will remain, but I don't know. The special was intresting. It had to have been at least a year and a half ago if not longer. The reason I remember it is because I don't often watch the Discovery Channel.
    Shinji Ikari=The Jack Tripper of anime.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

naw scrap that idea
    Last edited by der Scharfschüt; 08-02-2006 at 06:31 PM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. Technology is moving to fast for evolution to catch up. Barring any planet rending violence (Self inflicted or not), something like Genetic Engineering or Mind-Machine Interface will come along and make the slow process of changes accrued over generations obsolete.

Also, to the people who say we'll be shorter, the trend in the recent past has been towards humans growing taller.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    What makes you think that the atmosphere is vanishing? Not only is it almost physically impossible to remove the HUMONGOUS ammount of gas stuck in the planet's gravity well (the gas that forms our atmosphere), if it somehow happened, we wouldn't survive the zero pressure and zero oxygen.

I believe in giving birth to a new incarnation of humanity, we simply download our minds off our brains, and build our own bodies from scratch. The beauty of this is that we would be near immortal, and that we have complete understanding of how we work: Completely eliminating disease; resisting cold, heat (reasonable levels of course), vacuum, searing radiation. We could settle on the moon, or mars without terraforming or oxygen filled "bubble"-habitats. Infact, we would probably benefit from lack of oxygen, seeing how oxygen can be a real ***** at rusting metal.

Instead of having this redundant biological system, we could charge ourselves either by the fusion power that's inevitable that we get to work some time, or by nuclear or solar power.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-03-2006 at 05:31 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

one thing i'm sure of is "no hair" lol. well if we evolved from apes, they're pretty hairy right? we'll probably keep losing it.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Member Jake♥Tachy will become famous soon enough Jake♥Tachy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2006 11:07 PM
    You'll always find me with the one and only women I love, my Tachy♥♥♥
    Threads

It would be nice if we could adapt to live under water and land at the same time. I think we will have to evolve to do so, ever since it's beens said that the poles will melt and great part of the earths land will be covered.

Yeah I know, I'm cheesy <=D, but hey I'm in love.

It was scary at first, but I know when I hold him/her in my arms, it will be one of the happiest days in my life, my child.

<----You know you love him, so come on now lets do the happy dance! woohoo!

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

Humanity will be drestroyed when the sun explodes in 420 years.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Diesleman I made an error and ment to say ozone. Since more uv rays come in I predict that we may have darker skin. Sinnaku, i have said this so many times. We know the world is going to end blah blah blah. I want to know your predictions on what humans will look like in the future without the restriction of the EARTH ENDING!

Stay in my memories. Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 03:25 PM
    with my Shinigami, circus clown, and hot-tempered Asian in a safehouse... oh the times we'll have!
    Threads

i think we'll look the same (i like bein the way i am! lol)

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

Well, you gotta put the melting of the polar ice caps in this situation too. So, I'd think that IF we do change in any way, it's be into something that could swim good atleast, no? But, what do I know. xD I'm just rambling. >>;
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Stay in my memories. Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova has a reputation beyond repute Furubalova's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 03:25 PM
    with my Shinigami, circus clown, and hot-tempered Asian in a safehouse... oh the times we'll have!
    Threads

good point... i only made it to polliwog in my swimming lessons lol

Senior Member chibi_battousai_tousuke is on a distinguished road chibi_battousai_tousuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 01:07 AM
    Threads

evolution is random, and only the most fit will survive. Creatures do notjust develop a trait, but a random change is made to it when it is being made. I believe that humans in later years will be white mostly because people in other countries are dying out in droves due to diseases that we cure rather easily. I;m not white supremist, but it is true that we have more advanced medicine. Second theory is that they will be chinese becuase they have a majority of the population and great meicine, though their government sucks.

Yugure's goddess, major props belong to

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chibi_battousai_tousuke
    evolution is random, and only the most fit will survive. Creatures do notjust develop a trait, but a random change is made to it when it is being made.
    Evolution is pretty broken today. We don't die like we used to, so there's really not much natural selection.

I believe that humans in later years will be white mostly because people in other countries are dying out in droves due to diseases that we cure rather easily. ;m not white supremist, but it is true that we have more advanced medicine.
    However, in less developed countries evolution DOES work (since people die, and there is natural selection), so you might find that those who you predict will die instead evolve to get a stronger immune system.

And we don't have more advanced medicine, it's just that we can afford it.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Junior Member dr.tyrant is a jewel in the rough dr.tyrant is a jewel in the rough dr.tyrant is a jewel in the rough dr.tyrant's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2006 07:24 AM
    Threads

Default .....

ok, our evolution could go in 2 different directions

for one we could get smarter, becoming a higher being, or we could begin to gain our primal instincts again, much like a saiyan we could regain our tails, or we could die from becoming to powerhungry and destroying ourselves.

evolution has shown many things, we could have either become animals and evolved with super reflexes and animal instincts but we evolved with a higher brain power than other animals being able to solve problems with the greatest of ease

I am Sasuke Uchiha Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj is a splendid one to behold Master Ninja Aldj's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2007 02:21 PM
    Threads

I think we will have tails!!Monkey Tails!!!
    My Family
    My Wife= Sakura Itachi
    My Sister= MoonPrincess24

Made by Nespa

Closed Thread

Thread Information