AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A little change in the Rep System.

Hybrid View

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Red face A little change in the Rep System.

Honestly, I don't care about this personally; But, after browsing through a few profiles and posts, I've spotting an overly stupid trend..

The Rep System in general. It basically became a popularity contest on the level of Myspace, including the pointless images (I'm referring to sigs, another story!) that people partake in.

For reasons such as ..

Person A posts " Hitler SUXXORED"
    Person B posts " No he did'nt He was kewl!"

Person B proceeds to Negative Rep Person A.

----

That's only a generic example. Time to be frank.
    People are simply using the Rep System as a Tool to advance their popularity and to invoke on others the " I don't care if it's true or not, it's what I said" philsophy by lowering the Rep of the person they don't agree with.

This could simply be fixed by making users input/automatically log their name when they wish to give/take away rep. It puts a face behind those helpful, harmful and insultful words.

It also makes it easier to avoid and identify people who enjoy flaming others views and ideas through the use of it.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Homunculi's, Join Here! ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2006 01:14 PM
    Reading in a tree in the demon world with my best friend next to me :D
    Threads

I think you've got a point here. And i agree. I've gotten that multiple times. I think it's fair that if you give someone rep than you should have to at least have to put your name on there and a desription of why you bad repped them. And it doesn't have to be long just a short reason, and if they don't go on with this than the people who read this and who agree will hopefully do it on their own. But there's a problem that consists in that. If someone bad repped someone else then the person who bad repped them will do it back when ever possible. But still...
    Please give me rep. My rep is -19939. I'M IN DIRE NEED!!!

Sig (below) made by me. Ask me for a sig if you want one, their 99% free the other 1% is also free

Seiko's Ramen Boy! © Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 09:43 PM
    Threads

o dont do that, but...
    yep, ok. ^^
    so, when will it start?
    . _ . - ` スタイル° -- Chaux Aka Inu

A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If that could be changed then that would be splended. I agree with you completely. Very well said. I never observed myself doing it but I wont say I never have.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Okay, then. You tell me what sistem do you have in mind, that will TRULLY show a person's intellectual/spiritual value.
    If someone Bad Reps you, it's because he/she 's supposed to. That how you get Rep, after all. Your famous because you interract well with other people, or your sig shows something they agree with. It's only fair that they Rep you.
    Random Rep? Just enjoy it, it sometimes compensates for the Rep you should have gotten, but someone was out or rep, or forgot, or couldn't give good rep.
    Anyway, you'll see that the intelligent posts will always be good repped by someone. (about 75% of my rep is due to that)

~ Dr.McDoom!
    ~in the gloom.
    Last edited by Dr.McDoom!; 07-27-2006 at 06:20 PM.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you say so. It wasn't my idea. But, I still think it can be unfair at times. But anyway, my opinion does matter... ><

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

That's right. Maybe that doesn't give you the right the bash or flame, but you sure can Bad Rep for your opinion.

~ Dr.McDoom!
    ~in the gloom.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

do a search, this has been discussed countless times, and once again we're not changing anything.

suck it up.

Welcome to the internet. If you can't deal with the "bad reps" some unknown person gave you or the "popularity contest" you believe it to be. If you can't ignore it then perhaps you need to log off.

Web forum, please take what people say with a grain of salt. There is no way to make it 'perfect' and we have it at a pretty good level right now I think.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Closed Thread

Thread Information