AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need some more recommendations of horror films

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2006 11:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I need some more recommendations of horror films

I have seen a few sick horror films by renting them, and I loved them. I am looking for some more films that look like "House of Wax," "Hostel," and "TCM" for rental.

Can anyone introduce me some that are/were released recently? Must not be the films released before 2004.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I suppose there's "Saw" (2004) or even "Saw II" (2005). They're horror/thriller with, I'm told, elements similar to "Hostel." "Final Destination 3" (2006) made me laugh, but it's probably like that wax movie that way.

May I ask why you're restricting yourself to >2004? If you're looking for real scares, older movies are often a better bet.

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 01:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

SAW WAS SO GROSS. x__x; Not even that SCARY. Just DISGUSTING. Same with Cabin Fever. A real movie is Halloween. @_@ I hate scary movies. ;_;

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not scary, no, but of the same calibur of films the OP mentioned. Frankly, I haven't found ANY very recent films to be scary.

Circlejerk Elitist DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 04:50 PM
    Threads

By Reiko, ''Not scary, no, but of the same calibur of films the OP mentioned. Frankly, I haven't found ANY very recent films to be scary.''
    Yeah, I would basically agree, most of the horror films are not really that scary, ''How of Wax'' was just plain creepy in the scene when the guy used wire cutters to cut the girl's finger off....--shudders-- or the ''Texas Chainsaw Massacre,'' I didn't really find it scary. .just cruel and unusual.

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 01:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Generally in horror films it's supposed to be the element of surprise that gets you. "NO NO. DON'T TURN THAT CORNER. HE'S TH-- AHHH". =P They like to put grotesque crap all up in there, too. You know what? I thought the Ring was scary, but that's just because that chick CAME OUT OF THE TV. x__X!!

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Yandere = LOVE Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2013 04:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The really scary horror films are Japanese horrors. The really scary and twisted ones are..

Audition
    Infection
    One Missed Call
    Ju-On
    Jurei

and many more
    Signature by Seung-li

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by idoll famine
    Generally in horror films it's supposed to be the element of surprise that gets you. "NO NO. DON'T TURN THAT CORNER. HE'S TH-- AHHH". =P They like to put grotesque crap all up in there, too. You know what? I thought the Ring was scary, but that's just because that chick CAME OUT OF THE TV. x__X!!
    I always find that it's the things they don't show that scare me most. In Ju-On, for example, a scene that actually sent chills down my spine was hearing Kayako coming. Not seeing her. Knowing what's coming. Or, from the same movie, characters screaming at things we don't see.

Senior Member chibi_battousai_tousuke is on a distinguished road chibi_battousai_tousuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 02:07 AM
    Threads

though not technically a horror movie, a good scary movie is signs. Shamylan gets me everytime with that.

Yugure's goddess, major props belong to

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm interested in disrubing sick movies. Have you guys seen Ghoulies? No spoiler please.

Senior Member chibi_battousai_tousuke is on a distinguished road chibi_battousai_tousuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 02:07 AM
    Threads

ichi the killer

Yugure's goddess, major props belong to

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 01:14 PM
    Threads

Excorsist.

End of Topic.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2008 10:05 AM
    Threads

How about Stay Alive

I think it was a good horror movie.
    If You Want To Battle, I'm ready at anythime
    I'm out to destroy all evil.
    Follow Your Own Path.

It Will Lead You To Your Heart.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2015 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by idoll famine
    A good thriller or what-you-might-call (borders on horror) it is the mothman prophecies. It isn't that frightening (atleast I didn't think so), especially if you don't pay attention to the details, but if you do, you will constantly have this eerie feeling of almost seeing things that are... out of place, or seeing things you're not quite certain you saw.

It's just these tiny details, for an instance, in one scene you can see the main character and his mirror image, and I could have sworn the mirror wasn't in sync with the picture. This is all very discretely done, and not at all obvious to the viewer. Very disturbing. Creeped me out far more than your average guy-with-a-sharp-metal-object-kills-a-bunch-of-kids movie.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Idolizing J.Skellington. hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2007 02:12 AM
    Threads

I agree with Reiako. The movies before 2004 were pretty good...Like that "The Shining". Classic. But it all depends what your looking for....Sneakyness, gore, thriller, HOLYBAJEEBIESDIDYOUSEETHAT?!.....Depends. ^_^

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 12:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a random fool
    I'm interested in disrubing sick movies. Have you guys seen Ghoulies? No spoiler please.
    I haven't, but it's a horror/comedy, and IMDB gives it 2.9/10, sooo...
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 09:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you weren't restricting yourself to years 2004 and up I would say Evil Dead 2.
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose was pretty good....
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Seiko's Ramen Boy! Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 10:43 PM
    Threads

the... grudge...?
    or the ring?.....
    . _ . - ` スタイル -- Chaux Aka Inu

A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am more interested in a horror film which persecute many innocent girls and make use of their corpse. Any film like this?

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 11:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

There has'nt been anything like that in a 8 years outside of the Independant/Underground/B/Cult Movie networks. o _O Good luck finding anything. You'll need it.
    Aside, most of those types of movies are not "board friendly" , can't have the kiddies getting their hands on a movie like MSP.

Okay, the only thing I -can- suggest would be Eating Razors. It's not an insult, but a real movie. Enjoy your nightmares.

Edit: Okay. Those movies people listed suck, the only thing scary about them is how much people dished out to see them. = (
    Last edited by Nineteenth; 07-25-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I read the whole thread...

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 12:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a random fool
    I am more interested in a horror film which persecute many innocent girls and make use of their corpse. Any film like this?
    Not quite that bad, but The Devil's Reject's is that type of movie. I imagine House of 1000 Corpses is too.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member Prons is on a distinguished road Prons's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2006 07:34 PM
    Threads

You may like the Japanese movies "Audition," which kind of inspired Hostel, and the director (Takeshii Miike) appeared in Hostel. I also sugguest the Guinea Pig franchise, as a matter of fact, Guinea Pig caused a national crisis when some American actor (I forget who) saw the first and thought it was a real snuff movie, Skinny Puppy even did a song about it.

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 07:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Last House On The Left

Chud

The Fog

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Necrophagia

Salems Lot

Demons

Night of the Demons

Frightnight

Exorcist

Cujo

Cradle of Fear

Zombie

Video Dead

The Unnameable

The Howling

The Shining

The Thing

Misery

Dolls

Devils Rejects

Nosferatu

The Omen

The Seventh Sign

Seven

Saw and Saw2

Ah hell can't recall any more off the top of my head at the moment.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Devil's Reject is good? Can be compared to "Hell Raiser?"

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 07:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Depends on if anything can be compared to Hellraiser lol
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information