AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: I'm planning to run a forum

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2006 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I'm planning to run a forum

Hi guys......

What sup man~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a computing software newbie, and I intend to run a forum which can be as good as this one. I plan to have layouts of forum, news sections, and so forth.

Can I do this with FrontPage 2000? Is FrontPage 2000 good for publishing this kind of website?

And once I have done my ultra base, I wish you guys can come over visiting.

Banned Forum / Chat Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2006 07:18 PM
    Threads

Well I wish you the best of luck.

General info for you:

If you buy a website go to Dreamhost.com. Dreamhost.com is the best hosting on the internet. The cheapest package comes with a MySQL database which you will need for a forum like this one. It comes with an FTP server, a domain, and all the necessary tools for starting a forum. Be careful which package you buy. You will need a MySQL database and an FTP server and atleast 8000 GB of bandwidth which comes with the cheapest package. If you need help installing anything just PM me and I will do it for you. I recommend a phpbb since they are the best free forum on the web also.

Showing up on google:

The last thing I want to say is that you should get a google sitemap so that the google spider scans your website quicker than it would if you just waited for it to find you. There are billions of sites on the internet so think about how long it will take the google spider to find you on its own.

The reason my site does not show up on google is because I have not gotten a sitemap yet. Generally it takes about a few months to a year for google to find you. Sometimes it takes weeks.

Sincerily,

Rob
    Last edited by Prophet of Death; 07-25-2006 at 01:59 AM.

Banned Forum / Chat ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang is infamous around these parts ps2huang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey buffy
    may I ask you a question?
    Do I need to know certain amount of computing language in order to create my own ideal site? I sux at computing language.

And someone mentioned pHpBB to me, wut's dat?

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Good Luck with your forum!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wondering if this forum is made of phpBB?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lowermost part of the page says: "Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3", so I guess it runs vBulletin.

You'll probably need to know some PHP and perhaps some SQL to extend and mod
    (this forum has a number of mods installed).

And no, Frontpage is not the ideal tool for jobs like this.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hello, guys

I am not here for advertisement, I just wanna show you how ideal my community is:

http://groups.msn.com/AmusementParadise/_whatsnew.msnw

And if you feel interested, you are welcome to join my group8)

Member Ephraim is on a distinguished road Ephraim's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 05:29 PM
    Threads

Once u make the forum, PM it to me

Check out my site http://fireemblem-thesacredstones.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y it's still being updated

Closed Thread

Thread Information