AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach - Official Discussion Thread MK2

Junior Member lduke1990 is on a distinguished road lduke1990's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2007 10:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default noob looking for dubbed Bleach

ok, this is going to sound really retarded, but I just saw an episode of Bleach on YTV (I'm Canadian) and HATED the voice acting. So, simple question, does any one know where I can get the first 50 episodes?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Down ask for downloading sites and things of that nature. It's against the rules here. Also, since those episodes are licensed, it's illegal for them to be distributed outside of FUNimation's consent.

As for the voice acting in the english version, it's not all that bad. It's been improving steadily.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Junior Member lduke1990 is on a distinguished road lduke1990's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

Default appology(sp)

Sorry, didn't read all that clearly, and no the voice acting sucks

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:20 AM
    Threads

Hmm, interesting new chapter that's up. I do got a question though: what the heck did Ishida use in order to attack Zaera-Pollo? I mean, I see a big pentacle, but I don't know if that's from the 8th Espada or from Ishida, because Zaera-Pollo says something about sealing Uryu's spiritual energy. Anybody have explanations?

And it's also interesting to see Renji use a kido spell. Seems like Zaera-Pollo didn't anticipate that.
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Thanks to Chimes for the Avatar

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, the pentacle was definetly Ishida's, and that was one crazy looking attack...I just hope the next chapter gives it some kind of explanation.

And, still no news of Sado, Ichigo, or Rukia.

Delirious K-pop Fanboy Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Man these cliffhangers are killing me. The beauty of the manga is it's keeping me on my toes in terms of story elements. But there's so much that needs to be resolved in so many frames a week. Well, it's to be expected.

Anyway, I was positive on Renji doing some form of crazy "What the hell was he thinking" approach to contrast with a fighter like Ishida. Still, it surprised me how effectively it stunned Pollo. That attack of Ishida's was definitely out of left field. Not much to go on besides knowing it's a Quincy original.

And Xero's got a point. We can only wonder about those 3. I'm honestly ready for a main character to go down, but those three don't seem likely. Rukia...she isn't as vital as in SS, but I wouldn't say she's gone yet. Chad JUST got his powers evolved for god's sake. I don't see him dying. Ichigo goes without saying.

Might be my connection to the characters, but I'm not seeing a clearcut death here. Opinions?

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

Well, with Bleach, I wouldn't even rule out Ichigo dying. But I don't see any of those characters dying, personally (though I wouldn't mind Rukia going down, never liked her much). I do wonder though how in the heck Ichigo can possibly defeat Ulquiorra, not to mention the additional Espada. By the way, do Aizen and co. count as Espada, or something else?

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

New chapter up. Kinda groddy to see Zaera/Szayel eat his own fracción in order to regain his strength, but I wasn't surprised that he would treat his subordinates like that. I just didn't think he'd actually consume them.

Well anyways, I guessed we missed out on a chance to see his arrancar release, but at least Ishida and Renji have got time to think. That's pretty much what Uryu's best at doing, anyways. That's what's most disappointing in this chapter, at least to me. I was just so anxious to see another Espada release, but I didn't get one.

And we get an update on Ichigo, though I don't know what Grimmjow intends to do.
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Probably whatever lets him have another go at Ichigo, since their previous fight was not concluded. He is alot like Kenpachi after all.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsAUserName View Post
    And we get an update on Ichigo, though I don't know what Grimmjow intends to do.
    I thought it was obvious (I called it a few chapters back), that he plans to use Orihime to heal Ichigo based on the "Only-I-Can-Defeat-You-Because-I-Want-Revenge" angle.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sounds like what I had imagined happening. I somehow don't see Grimmjow switching sides and aiding Ichigo and crew.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

In his mind hes not aiding Ichigo. He's just settling his score with him. Theres no doubt that he probably blames Ichigo for the humiliation he suffered (losing his arm, temporarily not being an Espada, getting all scared up from Ichigos attack) and wants to pay him back, with interest. He'll use Oro to heal him, then he will try to kill him himself. Besides, I don't think he likes the ideal of Ulquiorra being the one to kill Ichigo.

I knew Ishida had more tricks up his sleeve. Apparently his knew bow has more additional applications than just the sword like function. I'm begining to really like Zaera. He's actually giving them a chance to come up with a plan to defeat him while he slips into something more comfortable lol. Can't get much more arrogant and cocky than that. And the blatant disregard for his comrades is such a nice trait for a bad guy. Really, I can't think of the last time I saw someone eat their subordinate.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Zaera reminds me way too much of Mayuri...the two would probably get along fairly well. Disregard for allies, scientist, crazy experiments, experiments on subordinates, experiments on self, out of his mind, thinks he knows everything about Ishida, thinks he knows everything about everything...yeah, I don't even know which of the two I'm describing any more...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So, basically they are both creeps? True statement, though. Any thoughts which of the two will end up dealing the final blow, assuming it is Renji or Ishida?

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Zaera and Mayuri are ridiculously similar. I think they would be too busy trying to dissect each other to start much of a friendship lol. Maybe Aizens crew is meant to reflect the Gouten 13 in a way. (10 Espada plus Aizen, Tousen & Gin = 13)

Zaera = Mayuri (Reasons described above)
    Grimmjow = Zaraki (Want to beat Ichigo with their own power)
    Ulquiorra = Byakuya (I'll probably catch hell for this comparison lol. Both powerful, skillful, intelligent, arrogant and have a decent fanbase)

Just a random thought.

I think Renji should be allowed to get the final blow. All this time he has been punked and toyed with despite the fact that he is one of the major characters. Ichida already got an impressive win against the former espada. Plus he has been somewhat impressive in this fight as well. So far Renji has had his bankai negated and we never even got to see HOW Zaera beat him up. I think his character kind of needs this. That way he can say that he beat both brothers.
    Last edited by Mugetsu; 05-30-2007 at 05:07 PM.

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Chapter 277...my inner Fanboy is extremely happy right now...Not quite sure what will happen in 278, but the way Kubo Tite likes to do things, he'll probably switch back to Renji and Ishida before coming back to Ichigo, Grimmjow, and Ulquiorra.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sounds like the way it goes. Who you think has the upper hand, Grimmjow or Ulquiorra? Rank wise, Ulquiorra is the favorite, but the way Bleach is going, nothing is for certain. I hope that this one gets resolved before Renji/Ishida's battle.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    Zaera and Mayuri are ridiculously similar. I think they would be too busy trying to dissect each other to start much of a friendship lol. Maybe Aizens crew is meant to reflect the Gouten 13 in a way. (10 Espada plus Aizen, Tousen & Gin = 13)

Zaera = Mayuri (Reasons described above)
    Grimmjow = Zaraki (Want to beat Ichigo with their own power)
    Ulquiorra = Byakuya (I'll probably catch hell for this comparison lol. Both powerful, skillful, intelligent, arrogant and have a decent fanbase)
    You forgot the similarities between Shunsui Kyouraku and Stark. Both seem like womanizers who have domineering aides working for them.

Now, back on topic. To be honest, I was actually kinda disappointed with the new chapter. I've been tearing my hair out waiting for TK to finally show us another Espada release, but nooooo, we had to go back to Ichigo. But there's always the possibility of an Espada release shown in the battle between Ulquiorra and Grimmjow. Small consolation, but if TK goes back to the Renji/Ishida vs Grantz fight, without showing us anything new, then I think I'd explode.

Well, at least there's a limiter of some sorts to Orihime's powers. That means she can't reject everything, though I'm assuming the reason is that she hasn't quite honed her abilities yet.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I have a huge feeling that either next chapter will be back to Ishida and Renji, or we will have a quick chapter of confrontation between Grimmjow and Ulquiorra and then back to Ishida and Renji. That's kind of how Tite has always done things with Bleach.

As for who has the upper hand, I'd have to say Ulquiorra. In the Material World, when Ichigo and Grimmjow last fought, Ichigo was ahead both because of his Vaizard abilities and Grimmjow having only one arm. I believe that should Grimmjow have had both arms, the fight would have been just about equal. Considering Ulquiorra beat Ichigo fairly easily, and that even Grimmjow was afraid of Ulquiorra showing up, we know that Grimmjow at least finds Ulquiorra to be trouble for him, and assuming he's on the same level as Ichigo, he won't prove much of a challenge for Ulquiorra.

Also remember that the gaps between espada power levels have been great. Rukia, who isn't even a seated officer, was able to defeat (be it at the cost of her own life) Aaroniero, the 9th Espada, and yet Ichigo, who is at least Captain level fought fairly equally with Grimmow, the 6th Espada...and lost miserable to Ulquiorra, the 4th Espada.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This last chapter leaves no doubt that Ulquiorra is superior to Grimmjow in strength. After their confrontation Grimmjow was injured while Ulquiorra did not appear to take any significant damage. The fact that a guy like Grimmjow had to kind of cheat just to get him out of the way shows that he didn't think he could really beat him.

And I still don't think that Ichigo (hollow or not) is as strong as Grimmjow with 2 good arms. Fighting one handed is a significant handicap. Also, when they fought in the material world, Ichigos transformation took Grimmjow by surprise. Now he will be expecting it and prepared. But usually when a character get's their butt kicked and gets healed, they come back stronger. I think the same will hold true in Ichigos case now.

I was also wondering why Aizen would give the Espada a device to punich their enemies. That thing reminds me of the Phantom Zone device from Superman. What happened to good old fashioned dismemberment???

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So, I'm going to import the Bleach artbook that came out last December (see my last journal entry), and while doing some research on it, I came across what could be an interesting spoiler. I won't post the image here, just in case someone may not want to see it, but, me being a fan of the character, I figured I'd share. I'm not sure if it's actually in the artbook, but it does appear to be Kubo Tite's artwork...so, no guarantees...

Here you go.

It's Tatsuki with what appears to be a Fox/zanpakutou
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 06-30-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Junior Member Pernan is on a distinguished road Pernan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2007 10:25 PM
    Threads

Well i don't read the manga and it looks like i'm very behind in the story, i posted a question in another thread a few days ago and i'm not sure if it'll be answered so i thought i'd try in here.

Can someone tell me why the title is "Bleach" to begin with? i love this show but can't for the life of me figure out the point of the title. I appreciate any help.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Pernan View Post
    Can someone tell me why the title is "Bleach" to begin with? i love this show but can't for the life of me figure out the point of the title. I appreciate any help.
    As far as I know, a specific reason has never been given by Kubo Tite, but I've posted my theory previously in this thread. Essentially, bleach is a chemical used to remove stains and dark spots and make them white/light. In the series, Ichigo is like bleach in that he removes darkness (Hollows, Arrancar), and makes it good (white being a color representative of purity). Thus, Bleach is just a metaphor for Ichigo.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    I was also wondering why Aizen would give the Espada a device to punich their enemies. That thing reminds me of the Phantom Zone device from Superman. What happened to good old fashioned dismemberment???
    The real question is why Aizen doesn't want Ichigo and Friends to be killed right off the bat. I believe he was expecting for the Espada to betray eachother with the device.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

281 was epic. I can't wait for next week's chapter. Grimmjow's released form looks crazy...and kind of like Gamma Akutabi (from Kubo's Zombie Powder) for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information