AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the wii

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default the wii

well i think that the wii will be awesome because it is going to be cheap and have downloading capabilites of all the old games and the only new system that will have zelda but i think that nintendo is pushing it trying to make a remote into a game controller ,what do u think
    Well im getting back to this website hope you can give me rep because as you can see i need it.

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

I think that Nintendo is trying to appeal to audiences that don't typically play video games by creating an intuitive control device. As long as there are good games, you'll see one in my home.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Senior Member swordsman32 has a spectacular aura about swordsman32 has a spectacular aura about swordsman32's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2007 07:33 PM
    Threads

Well, the Nintendo Wii is supposed to be a great system because you dont have to sit down, you can stand up and wriggle the remote to do all sort of neat stuff. Of course, i dont know excatly about the download feature, i mean, you can purchese Wii games to download from the system, but for the old systems and games...... I dont think the wii is cabale of that. Since the old games arent compatabile to the Wii's remote. Unless the system allows you to jack in any controller, i dont think the Wii is cabale of it.

Dammit, I'm still alive! python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 08:46 PM
    Threads

The Wii Will Bow To The Incredible Processing Power Of The Ps3
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Bunnies...

Give me all your stuff
    All your base are belong to us

SUPA TANK TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!
    BAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAH
    POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW
    BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

check out my forum site @ http://www.python862.proboards92.com

SIG'S HOLY AWESOMENESS CREATED BY NESPA

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

Well Swordman,there is a controller than you can buy for the Wii that looks like the old nintendo system controllers and WILL work for them,so you wont actually use the Wii controller for the old games,so yeah,the Wii is capable.

Senior Member lex__luthor is infamous around these parts lex__luthor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2007 03:21 PM
    Threads

yah ps3 will be cool but wii will too and yes the wii will download all the old games look in the nintendo news and i think that it will really help the youth on how they are sitting down eating and getting overweight it could really be an exercise for them
    Well im getting back to this website hope you can give me rep because as you can see i need it.

Member Anagoth9 will become famous soon enough Anagoth9's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2007 03:12 PM
    Threads

I look forward to playing with my Wii all night long. Sorry, couldnt help myself. Anyway, yes, the Wii looks very nice. Sure it's not gonna be the super-graphics-processing monster that the PS3 should be (for $600 it better be at least), but Nintendo is looking to make games more fun, not just better looking. I read a Time magazine article on the Wii and Nintendo had alot to say.

First, they said that they wanted to make the whole motion sensative controler because it is really hard to learn to play games (at least from a nongamer point of view). Take Halo 2 for example: you need to move two thumbsticks, use two trigger buttons and the A button at the same time just to jump and shoot someone. I for one look forward to swinging that controller like a sword in Zelda or aiming it like a bow.

Also, they said that they are trying to make games for a wider audience. The main videogame market is males in their twenties. Nintendo said that girls and older people rarely play games, and they want to change that. Specifically they said that when making a videogame, never listen to what gamers want; you'll just end up with a game about sci-fi ninjas and alien commandos. Sure gamers will be happy, but they won't be surprised, and the clique will stay.

Is the Wii the big system for me? No. I'm saving up money, refunding birthday gifts, and selling blood and organs to get the PS3, about a few months after it's out at least (let the bugs get discovered). But I will probably get a Wii as well (it's cheap enough comparatively). Nintendo is dedicated to originality, and that's cool. Nintendo has a special place in my heart, a loyalty to the old school.

Edit: P.S. The Wii will have two controllers: The motion sensative remote, and a Gamecube-like controller for games like Super Smash Bros. or the originals.
    Last edited by Anagoth9; 07-18-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Quote Originally Posted by lex__luthor
    well i think that the wii will be awesome because it is going to be cheap and have downloading capabilites of all the old games and the only new system that will have zelda but i think that nintendo is pushing it trying to make a remote into a game controller ,what do u think
    You know what else has downloading capabilities for all of the old games for Nintendo? Guess... The answer is in front of you right now.

I won't say any more since it'll probably be against forum rules.

And really now... The reason why most everyone who's getting a Wii is because of the nintendo character based games. Whoo! New Zelda! New Smash Bros! New Metriod! New Mario! New Kirby!

I think it'll be good for the children. But right now, the games don't interest me at all... But hey... I might buy a Wii when the price goes down to 100$. ^_~

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife
    You know what else has downloading capabilities for all of the old games for Nintendo? Guess... The answer is in front of you right now.

I won't say any more since it'll probably be against forum rules.

And really now... The reason why most everyone who's getting a Wii is because of the nintendo character based games. Whoo! New Zelda! New Smash Bros! New Metriod! New Mario! New Kirby!

I think it'll be good for the children. But right now, the games don't interest me at all... But hey... I might buy a Wii when the price goes down to 100$. ^_~
    I recommend you look for a recording of the presentation at E3. There were so many games that looked damn impressive, and the hardware was amazing.

The reason most people will be getting a Wii is because Nintendo has consistently proven that they create quality hardware and brilliant interface designs, and this generation, they've already demonstrated a number of very fun games. They're ahead of Sony in this generation so far... And they have a track record of quality. History + Present actions.. Seems like enough for me!

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looking at the Wii, it doesn't look too bad. Right now my biggest problem is with Nintendo itself. Every time I hear about them talk about it, I find that the system becomes less and less appealing. I was starting to get tired of Microsoft talking about the 360 back in October, and right now both Sony and Nintendo are just wearing away my patience with their talking.

Bear with me, I'm gonna go over a few things here.

Sure gamers will be happy, but they won't be surprised
    That's just dim wit on Nintendo's part. If the gamers are happy, they spend money. Attracting non-gamers is a much bigger task than simply switching a controler with a nunchuk remote. If anything, I'd think that would only drive people away, especially the older people. I don't care what you do to the systems, my parents, my grandparents, and almost everyone I know over 30 that doesn't play games won't care one bit about the Wii either.

Take Halo 2 for example: you need to move two thumbsticks, use two trigger buttons and the A button at the same time just to jump and shoot someone.
    Again, what are the odds of attracting any non-gamers with a simple control interface change? And how are the people who actually know how to play games going to react to those changes? I find the controler idea to be nausiating. Granted it is a step in the right direction, once games become photo-realistic with massivly interactive environments where else is there to go? But it's a step that's coming at least 2 generations before it's due. Moving a remote isn't enough of an immersion that I at least would think is called for when moving to more interaction.

The press conferences as well I can't stand. Nintendo just seems way to preachy and full of themselves when they talk about how amazing there little japanese Wii is....*heh*

I remember in one conference they were trying to compare themselves to Pepsi Co. referancing how instead of just bottling soda, they also bottled water and sports drinks, and that was aparently how Pepsi became the soda market leader..... hmm... Instead of doing one thing, they do several things..... instead of just gaming, theres DVD players and media aspects, now who is doing those again? The one thing that I remember Pepsi doing that was an attempt to change soda was with crystal pepsi, which failed miserably. Other than that, Pepsi copies what Coca Cola does. Coke was the first to make lemon coke, then pepsi followed years later to revive it. Coke was the first to make cherry coke and vanilla coke, Pepsi followed with Pepsi with lemon and pepsi with vanilla. Coca Cola is the one making the new beverages, Pepsi just markets better.

Another press conference that they did, they answered a question, "What if gamers don't get into the new control idea?" Their response was that they didn't have to, they can just flick their wrist instead of waving their arm if they don't want to. So then I ask, why should I play with that controller if I like using little movement in the first place? This to me is nintendo inadvertently saying the controler is just a gimmik. You are trying to get non-gamers to play by using this fancy remote, and then telling them they can use it like a normal controller....

Now, If all I do is watch the game tests and continue to hear about some more 3rd party support, I'd think this was gonna be a cool console (though I still hate the remote). Even if it is just Mario, SSB, Zelda.... again.... it's a much more convincing argument when I don't hear the official commentary, so to speak. I still look foreward to seeing just how much 3rd party support Nintendo is gonna get. I found the GC to be a huge letdown and the controler a hodgpodg of mishapen buttons, though the SNES and N64 were good. I'll give the Wii a chance to redeem after the price drops
    Last edited by bakakame; 07-18-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Banned Forum / Chat nintendo/zelda=isTHEbest is an unknown quantity at this point nintendo/zelda=isTHEbest's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2006 11:55 PM
    Threads

yeah their makeing a second controller.. also it said in nintendo power that the new zelda game will also be on the gamecube.. and thats cool to download the old games all you have to do is flip the countroller and its the nes one.. so i think the wii will be really great..

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

I really give Nintendo Credit for doing something truely intresting. I mean who wanted to take those air guns and virtual sticks and make them even more intresting from the arcade? I certainly did. When I first saw the Revolution the controller was not around so I though ah another gamecube, mario, zelda blah blah. However now its a rude name making it quite intresting, the Wii. Plus the controller put some intrest in too but come on, the name has so many uses! Come round and play on my Wii.

Anyway moving on. I was impressed by what I have seen at E3 but here is the thing making me just stick with Playstation 3, even though I had already saved up £200 for the Wii. I looked at my nintendo DS and relaised after 3 months since my birthday and getting the DS. The gadgets and innovation wear of, pretty quick if thats all you focus on, I re-looked at the games on offer at E3 and realised that Nintendo were looking more at the controller than the games just like I have seen on DS, they wan tto use the features thus they over load the games and make them wear out pretty fast. This is my own opinion, its not a fact so please dont start flaming me, I'm more mature than that. For me the Wii will wear thin thus I would rather spend that £200 on 4 PS3 games.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    I recommend you look for a recording of the presentation at E3. There were so many games that looked damn impressive, and the hardware was amazing.

The reason most people will be getting a Wii is because Nintendo has consistently proven that they create quality hardware and brilliant interface designs, and this generation, they've already demonstrated a number of very fun games. They're ahead of Sony in this generation so far... And they have a track record of quality. History + Present actions.. Seems like enough for me!
    Alright... Take away all of the Zelda/Mario/Kirby/Metriod supporters and will the Wii do well? The answer is an absolute "no". So far I hear people saying that they're getting the Wii because of the new Zelda or Smash Bros., Not because the quality of thier hardware is so great.

And yes, I believe Nintendo is a great company; they continue to do alot of suprising things that guarantee a steady flow of money for them, but that's all.

It's cheaper. The new controller is motion sensitive, so you can be active while playing games, and it has Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Pokemon, and Kirby games.

Great system, but no matter how much Hard Core Nintendo fans complain, it's the system that's directed mostly for the children.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright... Take away all of the Zelda/Mario/Kirby/Metriod supporters and will the Wii do well? The answer is an absolute "no". So far I hear people saying that they're getting the Wii because of the new Zelda or Smash Bros., Not because the quality of thier hardware is so great.
    You mean the only Wii supporters you know post here? Most people I'm in contact with have said that it looks exciting because of the potential. I've heard multiple people talking about how great the motion sensitive controller would be for [insert genre here] type of game. The fact that it will have Mario and Zelda games is really just a plus for us fanboys.

Great system, but no matter how much Hard Core Nintendo fans complain, it's the system that's directed mostly for the children.
    The system isn't targetting kids. The system is targetting people. Nintendo's games that they create tend to target more of a family audience, but the Wii has already been showing that it's getting a lot more third party support. Third party means more games of all genres and age groups.. You know one of the first games demoed for the Wii was an FPS? Complete with bullets and blood? It's foolish to say that Nintendo makes their system for younger people. They make their system for whoever will want it.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

You mean the only Wii supporters you know post here? Most people I'm in contact with have said that it looks exciting because of the potential. I've heard multiple people talking about how great the motion sensitive controller would be for [insert genre here] type of game. The fact that it will have Mario and Zelda games is really just a plus for us fanboys.

The system isn't targetting kids. The system is targetting people. Nintendo's games that they create tend to target more of a family audience, but the Wii has already been showing that it's getting a lot more third party support. Third party means more games of all genres and age groups.. You know one of the first games demoed for the Wii was an FPS? Complete with bullets and blood? It's foolish to say that Nintendo makes their system for younger people. They make their system for whoever will want it.
    Regex once again proves how absolutely cool he is.

I'm very excited about the Wii. The gaming potential is limitless. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and Nintendo has never let me down. Ever. I doubt they would start with the Wii.

It's not only the game selection; yes, I'm very excited for Mario/Zelda/Metroid. But there are tons of other games that will be available that will appeal to gamers who don't normally play on a Nintendo console.

Also, $250 vs. $600. C'mon. Nintendo is breaking the $200 dollar barrier for the first time, but they price they ask for is still not much if you think of the gaming experience you'll be getting.

But yes, I'm very excited. I cannot wait.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

Let's count!
    One, it's cheap.
    Two, it's new AND different.
    Three, it's easy to pick up and play.
    Four, it has the first-party franchises.
    Five, there's actually decent third-party support for once.
    Six, it's target audience is anyone who can figure out how to play.

There, that's six reasons there'll probably be a Wii in my future
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Member Anagoth9 will become famous soon enough Anagoth9's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2007 03:12 PM
    Threads

http://wii.ign.com/objects/821/821973.html
    This pretty much sums up why I am excited about the Wii.

I personally hope to see Soul Caliber IV on Wii.

Also, when Nintendo says that they want to attract non-gamers, it's not just with the remote. The remote is only the cherry-on-top, so to speak. Their main concern is with their games. That's why you have games like Nintendogs, or that sudoku game, or surgery simulations. They are taking chances, and trying to expand their audience. They say to themselves, "Why don't non-gamers play games?", then they act on it. They are not trying to disown the regular gaming community, they just want to take videogames to the next level.

I'm excited that Nintendo is trying to break new ground, technologically and socially. However, it's like I said before, it'll be my second system. I'll only be playing it for the Zelda, Mario, et.al. Of course, I would be dissapointed if they didn't make a few games to appeal to the hard core gamers. I hope they do well with it; I'd hate to see them die out in the home console department.

In conclusion:
    Wii controller=
    Wii price=
    Wii games=
    Sony&Microsoft VS. Nintendo=

Member Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2006 11:18 AM
    Threads

it is going to be the best system ever i cant wait for it

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here is what makes me laugh. They did a pre-order service for christmas in Japan. PS3 gained 80% of the market with the Wii at 20%. Of the PS3, over 60% was the 60GB version. Wierd no, well not really but I thought I should just show this to pop anyones bubble who thought Wii would sucseed on price alone. I know no one, in Real Life buying this.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Junior Member hyperpsyco56 is on a distinguished road hyperpsyco56's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2006 10:23 PM
    Threads

i want to get the wii because the ps3 is way out of my price range, and anything but the xbox360. yay wii
    freedom isn't free

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Actually alot of my friends are Nintendo supporters. They make a few nice points and for the most part I agree with them, BUT I still believe that the main pillar that's been supporting Nintendo all these years are it's original characters and the fans that go insane over them.

Read again please.
    it's the system that's directed mostly for the children.
    the system... not "a" system... Meaning I meant out of the PS3, 360 and the Wii.

When a parent goes out to buy thier child a videogame system... What do you think they're going to buy for them? The system with Halo 3, Final Fantasy XIII, or Mario? I'm talking about common sense here, no numbers, no graphs, no polls, just plain old common sense. It's the system that will target the majority of the younger children out there.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well not fully, I know a lot of parents who have no Idea what mario and zelda are but more know about GTA and Final Fantacy. And what Iv'e seen its more a whole family system people want with extras, so yet again I say the PS3 is proving these things where Wii does not.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

<3 dai's property ~dai Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 01:06 PM
    Threads

It sounds like Wii and PS3 are duking it out... Personally I don't really much care for the Nintendo Wii. I thought it would be named Revolution... guess they decided to change it... personally I won't go any higher than PS2... for now...
    The Sins of my Past will Drive my journey to my Purity in the future...
    I am on a long journey to redeem myself of Bad Rep...

It's Humbling yet pathetic...

Even if it's a small step, it's still progress, no matter how you look at it.

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

I dont know all that much about the wii but...OMG!! i cannot wait to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on it. That game looks hawwwwt.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Read again please.
    the system... not "a" system... Meaning I meant out of the PS3, 360 and the Wii.

When a parent goes out to buy thier child a videogame system... What do you think they're going to buy for them? The system with Halo 3, Final Fantasy XIII, or Mario? I'm talking about common sense here, no numbers, no graphs, no polls, just plain old common sense. It's the system that will target the majority of the younger children out there.
    It's just come down to semantics. You're missing the bigger picture. No, the system is not targetted to kids. None of them are. The system is made so games can be created for it. Nevertheless, fixing your wording, what you are saying is that Nintendo's had a history of mostly having games that are "family friendly".
    Going with that then....
    Of the three last generation systems, the Gamecube has had that higher percentage of "fun for all ages" games. That doesn't mean that the next systems will fall in the same pattern. I want to remind you one more time what I already said. The third party support for the Wii is already showing a much higher trend than the Gamecube's third party support. This means you will have a greater variety of games, and your whole idea that the Wii is more for kids is just thrown out the window.

Like I said before, look at the games demoed at E3. Actually look at the things you are arguing about. Because the things you are saying are only based on history, and not looking at the future.
    Last edited by Regex; 07-20-2006 at 04:30 PM.

You know it's true.

Closed Thread

Thread Information