AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How long will Sony last?

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Default How long will Sony last?

For the last few years Sony has been crowned 'King' of the gameing world. But with the launch of the PS3 will their title remain, or will it lead to its downfall?

The price is what seems to be the thing discouraging most people, and at $600 bucks a pop thats no surprise. Blu-ray is of course the main cause of this problem, the whole thing is just a crumby idea in my opinion because the majority of consumers dont even know what 'Blu-ray' is, much less care. The only thing theyre going to see is that 600 dallor price tag.
    Its not that blu-ray isnt a good idea, its just that it hasnt really taken off yet, its not well known, and sony is really relying on this to pick up so their console will sell. Well, I just dont see it happening. Also the whole motion-sensor controller idea makes them look like big copy-cats,and thats not a plus.....

I've really only touched base on a few things, but I'm curious to know what you others think. Are YOU going to buy one? Will good graphics, blu-ray and the words "PS3" be good enough to carry the console to success? Or is this launch going to be a dissaster sending Sony out of buisness?

Please try not to give replys like " Sony will Rule 4EVER!" Or "Sony Sucks" those really contribute nothing, and I dont want this to spawn a flame war.
    (for those who wanna know what the heck blu-ray is) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I don't believe the PS3 will be a failure; people are going to cough up the money no matter what. Sony is well known for producing solid games, and I'm hoping that this will continue with the release of the PS3. If the system was cheaper, it would probably be a huge success. However, the price tag is going to prevent a whole lot of people from purchasing it.

I, myself, will not be buying a PS3. I'm saving up for the Wii, which will be considerably cheaper.

But really, I don't know too much about the PS3. I doubt it'll bomb, but it has a good chance of losing the console war.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

First things first, blu-ray isnt the only reason its gonna be 600 bucks. Remember the hard drive, the Wi-Fi, The rechargable Controller ports? all of those things my not seem like they are big contributors to the price, but they are. They are making TWO VERSIONS of the PS3 the 60 meg harddrive and the 30 meg harddrive. 30 meg going for 500 bucks and 60 going for 600. ALSO they are making their basic online service FREE meaning they can play online for free. That right there is a nice contributor to the cost. PLUS with the 60 meg version, you can use the Wi-Fi to get online. Yes it is going to be like the PSP and have an Internet Browser but this version will be much more advanced. And one more thing, look at the Mghz output and all of the other things. Seriously you need to take everything into account before hand not just the Blu-Ray and i do understand your saying that nobody will really know about this stuff. That is true, but you must also take into account the things that they will advertise, the internet browser, the pic storage, all of its functianalities. I think that along with the previews of the games will be more than enough to grab all of the customers they need to out beat Nintendo and at least tie with Microsoft
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 02:08 AM
    Threads

really there's no telling what will happen.....i just don't get why they made a ps3.
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zanethose
    First things first, blu-ray isnt the only reason its gonna be 600 bucks. Remember the hard drive, the Wi-Fi, The rechargable Controller ports? all of those things my not seem like they are big contributors to the price, but they are. They are making TWO VERSIONS of the PS3 the 60 meg harddrive and the 30 meg harddrive. 30 meg going for 500 bucks and 60 going for 600. ALSO they are making their basic online service FREE meaning they can play online for free. That right there is a nice contributor to the cost. PLUS with the 60 meg version, you can use the Wi-Fi to get online. Yes it is going to be like the PSP and have an Internet Browser but this version will be much more advanced. And one more thing, look at the Mghz output and all of the other things. Seriously you need to take everything into account before hand not just the Blu-Ray and i do understand your saying that nobody will really know about this stuff. That is true, but you must also take into account the things that they will advertise, the internet browser, the pic storage, all of its functianalities. I think that along with the previews of the games will be more than enough to grab all of the customers they need to out beat Nintendo and at least tie with Microsoft
    You did an excellent job of spouting the same nonsense that I get from the associates at Fry's Electronics. However, as with the folks at the store, you only know the things people say when they are just trying to sell things. Nothing really about the actual system.

First off, it is the Blu-Ray that is jacking the price up that high. The other features really are cheap to develop and manufacture, relatively. Sony is known for jacking up the price on all their proprietary formats, and I believe that right there is enough reason to shy away from the PS3. Sony has a history of failing in their proprietary formats (See Betamax and Minidisc)

No, I don't think the PS3 will fail. There are too many Sony fanboys out there who will buy it right away, even if it's the absolute worst system available. In fact, the President of Sony said exactly that.
    However, I won't buy one. Sony has made it clear far too many times that they have no regard for their customers in the gaming industry. I have watched them release shoddy hardware, refuse to listen to the SOE customers in their MMO games, and flat out lie to their customers about the spec and price of the PS3. That's not a company I want to show any more support for.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

First things first, blu-ray isnt the only reason its gonna be 600 bucks. Remember the hard drive, the Wi-Fi, The rechargable Controller ports? all of those things my not seem like they are big contributors to the price, but they are.
    Yes I am aware that Blu-ray isn’t the ONLY factor in the high price of the PS3, but it IS the one contributing the most, the reason I stressed on it so much was because I see it as unnecessary and something the focus in a game system shouldn’t be on.

I also understand that the PS3 has a lot of little ’neat things’ going for it, as you pointed out. But this is the case with every console, it’s a marketing technique, BUT going on about all the other added features and extra bonuses that really DON’T matter is something fans do to deny the real problem by saying “But look at what else it can do!” Sadly this works for many people but it will only go so far.

I never said whether I was buying one or not, and the answer right now is no. The more I read, the more I lean away from it, but I do agree with Regex about how Playstation will always have enough fans coming back for more, no matter how cruddy the system may turn out to be, so it probably wont turn out to be a total flop.

Sony has made it clear far too many times that they have no regard for their customers in the gaming industry.
    Though I have no personal experience with this one, I HAVE heard/read such stories enough times to be even more turned off (and left wondering why it has retained so many loyal fans....)

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku
    For the last few years Sony has been crowned 'King' of the gameing world.
    Huh? When did this happen? I don't recall such events.

I believe sony's success will depend on what games are coming out for the ps3. I know plenty of people that would buy the ps3 just for MGS or FF. Then again there are plenty of people that would buy a system just for one game. (For example, im buying the wii just for SSBB.)

I dont believe many people care about the price. Isnt it natural that each generation of gaming gets a bit more expensive? i believe "inflation" is the word...(correct me if im wrong...im still struggling to keep my eyes open... onlyan hour of sleep will do that to a person)

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Member Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl is infamous around these parts Naruto-Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2006 11:18 AM
    Threads

well i think it might be their down fall.. they make stuff that cost too much.. but were geting a deal. they mosly make money off the games.. i think that the ps3 might cause them to stop for a while. or it could be the biggest thing ever we just have to wait............

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD
    Huh? When did this happen? I don't recall such events.
    The PS2 did lead the last generation of gaming consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD
    I dont believe many people care about the price. Isnt it natural that each generation of gaming gets a bit more expensive? i believe "inflation" is the word...(correct me if im wrong...im still struggling to keep my eyes open... onlyan hour of sleep will do that to a person)
    It's an interesting phenomenon. Look at every other electronics device.. Start with the television. It started out very expensive, and as time has gone on, the technology level has gone up, and yet, the price has still only gone down. In the electronics industry, it seems like gaming is the exception. The gaming consoles have not been consistenly going down in price like most electronic devices have been. Now we're having a significant increase in price, and it's absolutely surprising to us.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Homunculi's, Join Here! ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~ is infamous around these parts ~fullmetal_homunculiII~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2006 01:14 PM
    Reading in a tree in the demon world with my best friend next to me :D
    Threads

Lightbulb

Why they made a PS3 is beyond me because now they have to start all over and it's going to be the same crappy ads (not saying that sony is crappy) its just now people are going to start buying things that already exist in the gaming world. Like cordless controllers, there going to ad them even though people already have them only make them sound more wantable and now people are out going to buy things that they already have for the sake of their kids and how much they want something they have, just because it sounds much more cooler,But there just getting the same old crap and maybe it doesn't even work. And besides that, there are more and more ads on the internet for the PS3 free if you just do this one thing, and it draggs kids in and eventually there going to send you bills saying that you bought a sony PS3 and you have to cough up $600 dollars or their going to send you to jail or put you on trial if you don't do so, all for just that PS3 which is exactly like everything else.
    Please give me rep. My rep is -19939. I'M IN DIRE NEED!!!

Sig (below) made by me. Ask me for a sig if you want one, their 99% free the other 1% is also free

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I will agree with you on the add stuff, they are gonna advertise old stuff that they just put a knew version out and say its better. Like you said with the controllers, they are gonna emphosize the fact that all controllers are wireless, they already have. And your right, its gonna make people wanna buy it more because they dont realize that they already have it. I couldnt agree more on that aspect.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Are you a fan?

Member XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX is infamous around these parts XNo_FearX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2006 04:53 PM
    Threads

We just have to wait and see sony's future

If you need a hero i'll be one.
    If you need a friend i'll be one.
    If your freedom is taken
    I'll fight for it.

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

Well, I believe that Microsoft will come out on top (in the minds of the gaming public), when it's all said on done. I also believe that the Wii will make big dollars by having a massive installed user-base (what with its affordability). That being said, I think that Sony will do well in this next console generation, but it won't do nearly as well as it did with the PS2. The price will certainly turn off quite a few consumers, but there are plenty of fanboys and casual gamers who are hell bent on getting a PS3, because Sony has become a synonymous name for the video game industry. For some people, "If it ain't Sony, it ain't worth buyin'"

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

Huge prices are not the solely caused by Blu-Ray technology.

The consoles coming out today are being designed just like a computer, there's internet, hardrives, and other such things.

I think the PS3 will be one of Sony's biggest successes ever, there are millions of Sony fans all over the world. Too many to ignor letting themselves not buy the new system. They will buy it no matter how high the prices is. People have bought 360's and sold them on ebay for more than $1,000. The people don't care what they pay.

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

Sony uses souls in their game stations. o_o;

Drive.Drift.Dream. Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy will become famous soon enough Sephy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2007 09:58 AM
    Threads

Sony will last forever <3

They don't JUST make consoles.
    Toyz Unlimited - Toyota & Lexus Specialists

Family is in Journal

90 Firebird - Sold
    87 N/A RX-7 (Fiona) - Sold
    88 N/A RX-7 (Allie) - Sold
    87 TII RX-7 (Savanna) - Sold
    86 Cressida - Daily/Drifter
    90 240SX Hatch - Sold

Have a nice day The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel has a reputation beyond repute The Archangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2010 08:01 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: paulosergio96

due to the nature of the "japonese factor" which ppl dont seem to b disturbed by having no money to eat or drink as long as they have their precious console id say that ps3 will be a hit as it as always been. Also youve got to count that sony has probably one of the best marketing techniques ever.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaku
    Huge prices are not the solely caused by Blu-Ray technology.

The consoles coming out today are being designed just like a computer, there's internet, hardrives, and other such things.

I think the PS3 will be one of Sony's biggest successes ever, there are millions of Sony fans all over the world. Too many to ignor letting themselves not buy the new system. They will buy it no matter how high the prices is. People have bought 360's and sold them on ebay for more than $1,000. The people don't care what they pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    due to the nature of the "japonese factor" which ppl dont seem to b disturbed by having no money to eat or drink as long as they have their precious console id say that ps3 will be a hit as it as always been. Also youve got to count that sony has probably one of the best marketing techniques ever.
    I bow down to you two for bluntly putting it as so, people dont care about the money, they are gonna buy it because they want it I bow down
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Are you a fan?

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Sony's lasted for 50 years. Something tells me it's going to be around for a while.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Sony will never die. They are on top of the world.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Junior Member loko inuyasha will become famous soon enough loko inuyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2006 05:05 PM
    Threads

it will last forever and i hope it dose sony is the best in my opinion

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Regex
    It's an interesting phenomenon. Look at every other electronics device.. Start with the television. It started out very expensive, and as time has gone on, the technology level has gone up, and yet, the price has still only gone down. In the electronics industry, it seems like gaming is the exception. The gaming consoles have not been consistenly going down in price like most electronic devices have been. Now we're having a significant increase in price, and it's absolutely surprising to us.
    Well, new technology is always going to be more expensive, it is new, and there are R&D costs that need to be recouped. The reason that the 360 is much cheaper compared to the PS3 is that the 360 is based entirely on existing technology, whereas the PS3 is using new technology, like the whole Blu-Ray thing, and the multiprocessor setup. At best, I would expect costs to remain stable, with the addition of inflation.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Die hard fans and nationalism can only carry the PS3 so far. Marginally better hardware at a significant price tag is gonna stop most of the market from buying it off the shelf too early.

And yes, the $600 tag is gonna make a BIG difference. Don't forget, it'll be a year out for the 360, and you can bet your mothers life that Microsoft is gonna lower the price on the 360 coinciding with the PS3 launch, you'll probably also get to start preordering Halo 3 around that time. If MS lowers the price tag on the 360 by 25%, that means that you can get a stripped down PS3 for $500, or an Xbox 360 premium for $300. Which do you think parents are gonna be buying for the holidays?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by viewtyjoe
    Well, new technology is always going to be more expensive, it is new, and there are R&D costs that need to be recouped. The reason that the 360 is much cheaper compared to the PS3 is that the 360 is based entirely on existing technology, whereas the PS3 is using new technology, like the whole Blu-Ray thing, and the multiprocessor setup. At best, I would expect costs to remain stable, with the addition of inflation.
    Look again at what I said. The gaming technology is close to unique. Televisions have improved drastically, yet they go down in price. VCR's, DVD players, same deal. Game consoles have stayed very close in price along the years, and have recently been going up. This is different.

You know it's true.

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

The thing is, with television, there was no new technology after the advent of color television until HD came around in say, the early 90's. Look at the price of the first color television compared to the price of the first HD television. The HD is going to be more expensive, due to inflation, and the increased cost of development. The reason that TVs get cheaper is that the technology isn't constantly shifting. Once it's established, it is very easy to decrease the costs of production, and as the product's saturation increases, you can afford the decrease in profits from decreasing prices. With video games, recent generations involves new technology (the CD format for the PSX, DVD for the PS2, Blu-Ray for the PS3), and this new technology costs money to develop for gaming. Now, there is a limit to the costs incurred in researching and developing a system, so at least some of the price is going to be for pure profit.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Closed Thread

Thread Information