AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: expectations

KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2013 09:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default expectations

Who sets your expectations? your parents/guardians, boss, or your friends.
    I find i set my own expectations if other's expectations is too low.

Siggeh made by me. Taking requests ATM! =3

Senior Member IceDragon_1552 is on a distinguished road IceDragon_1552's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 07:59 PM
    Threads

My parents set expectations for me, but I will reach my own first. My teacher also has some expectations (and I have to follow them before I get a detention).
    If you can read this, I have taught you how to read small and hard to see fonts. Congrats. Now give me my paycheck.

Fear this empty space which is my siggie!

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Exceptations are just away parents, teachers etc can live there dreams through you, without controling you, people set me expectations, but I dont keep to them, why should I?, I know whats best for me, no one else

KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I find my circle fo friends has a huge impact on my social life.
    But i absolutely hate it when people think you set expectations for yourslef that in their opinion, is too low. Then they push you to do better. ANd thus taking over your life and taking away your right to set your own expectations.

Senior Member sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25 is a name known to all sakura_haruno25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2009 09:36 AM
    Threads

Expectations is something anybody can set for you, but to follow them and keep the fire of them alive so you can wield it like a sword into reality is another thing. That is why each and every day everyone strives for the best of their ability. I set my own expectations and follow them with paths filled with twists and intertwined traps to lurk the innocent to their doom, but nevertheless I struggle forward to one day be the best of the best...

He stands there, then walks away. MY God, if I could only say, "I'm holding every breath for you."

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure I get the question. It is a a little hazy.

However, I do set expectations and goals for myself. And I get disappointed with myself when I don't mean them, or when I don't do my best.

Why shouldn't you expect the very best out of yourself? You accomplish more when you do. Sitting around doubting yourself is not only counter-productive, but just plain ole lame and pathetic. We all have doubts SOMETIMES, but to continuously put yourself down (and there ARE people that do that) is ridiculous. I don't really buy in to the whole "I've got low self-esteem" thing. I've always seen and found that people that say that are usually just lazy. And have no real problem with self-esteem issues mentally.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wow sakura_haruno25
    such deep thought.>.<

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Your elders and parents can have expectations of you, but it's up to you whether or not you want to pay attention to what they think you should do, or what their idea of success would be for you.

I think you should always have some kind of expectations for yourself. It either makes you work that much harder, or that much less. If you set your expectations too low, you tend not to push yourself as hard if you expected more out of yourself. If you set them too high, you do work harder, but it's easier to feel dissapointed in your progress if you don't reach a certain point in a certain amount of time. Both have good and bad points, but I think you sell yourself pretty short if you never try to push your limits.

As for me.. I set expectations for myself. Sometimes a little too high, a little too ridiculous, but I like to push myself.

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 06:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

I always set my own expectations, my life is no one else's life, and they have no place in setting expectations for me. Also their opinions unless they are actually smart ones, mean absolutely nothing to me. I'm me and thats all that I am, and everything else is an outside entity to be heard, judged upon it's value and either discarded or implemented for my gain.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

♥half ADD♥ m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short is a splendid one to behold m*short's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2007 02:08 AM
    Threads

yeah i set my own expectations.....no one else.
    PenGuiNs RuLe!
    We live,
    We love,
    We 4-give and never give up,
    Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above,
    And 2day we remember to live and to love.

Senior Member Demorg is on a distinguished road Demorg's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2006 01:57 PM
    I'm lost right now. When I get there, I'll let you know.
    Threads

I set my own, yet I set them to where I will please my parents.
    Yet, that also means it's hard for me to feel fulfilled in what I do.

Senior Member Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter is a splendid one to behold Sifter's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2011 10:02 PM
    Threads

I set my own expectations....my parent's, teacher's, friend's and anyone else's I find to be way to low.
    I do my best at everything....I try to prove myself to everyone and anyone....it's just the way I am.
    "All You Have Are Your Bullets, And The Hope That When You're Out, I'll be Dead."
    "People Die, Not Their Ideas. Their Ideas Are Always Remembered, Even When The People Die." -- V

"Fair Is Foul And Foul Is Fair" -- Macbeth
    Looks are, and should be decieving, no?

"Be Not Afraid Of Greatness: Some Are Born Great, Some Acheive Greatness, And Others Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them" -- Twelfth Night

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I ignore other's expectations and set them myself.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

God of Jello Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2007 11:30 PM
    It's on a planet, now guess where I live!
    Threads

I set my own expectations and try to ignore the expectations of others, not letting them influence me possitively or negatively. In other words if I live up to someone's expectations then I do it for my own reasons and try not to care, and vice versa.
    Show your work.

8(2x+3x-15)+2=7+19
    8(5x-15)+2=26
    40x - 120 + 2 = 26
    40x - 118 = 26
    40x=I saw what you did with that thirteen year old.

A++

Grammar Nazi viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe is a jewel in the rough viewtyjoe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 08:00 AM
    Threads

I set all my own expectations, because I don't like having to follow other's expectations.
    Remember, for every interesting or cool sig you read, there are at least 10 boring sigs that make you hate reading sigs.

Have something different, then.

Closed Thread

Thread Information