AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Parents Against Anime?

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

My mom doesn't really like it, but she has absolutely no problem with it. And, well, considering I'm not longer a minor, she doesn't have a choice. I don't watch a lot of anime, nor do I read any manga, but she DID used to watch Sailor Moon with me when I was younger. She thought it was cute, and was happy I was just staying out of trouble.

However, I think she's watched snippets of Akira, and well.... Heh, HEH. All I've told her is that it's a phenomenal movie, and that it's really worth watching. She won't go out of her way to enjoy something with me, but that's okay. Mostly, we leave each other alone.

I digress. She has absolutely no problem with it.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

My parents probably find it hilarious that I'm 21 and watch 'cartoons'. They don't really 'get' why I'd want to watch it, but since they've seen me watching obviously adult stuff with violence and nudity, they're aware it's not the sort of animation you'd watch as a child.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias-Revolution
    I hope I'm not the only person in this boat.

My parents found out recently that I spend most of my internet time here on AF. They "went through the site" and "found out" that it was about "nothing but anime" which is an absolute falsity. Anyway, My mom tells me the next day, "You need to stop going to that anime site" I said "What for?" She told me that I knew, and some day I'd grow up and act like I'm fifteen instead of twelve.

Do any of your parents gripe at you for being into anime and manga? As I said before, I hope I'm not the only person in this boat.
    I care nothing for Anime. Seriously. I "grew out of it" a long time ago. I still post here though.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

my dad doesnt really care he just doesnt like it when i buy too much...but my mom LOVES fma she like forces me to go on youtube and get the next episode o.O' weird huh? oh and they went to the last anime con with me too but they "had" to leave before i even got to buy the pass (i think my dad was kinda freaked and my mom thought i was gonna get raped or something it was funny ^ ^)
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Junior Member XxchidorixX is on a distinguished road XxchidorixX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2007 01:13 PM
    Threads

i can watch a much anime as i want yay ^_^
    I am an avenger... or am I
    @----------- copy and past this rose on you signature an u will get magic powers

Bow-chica-bow-wow! Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily has a reputation beyond repute Floating Lily's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 11:39 AM
    Threads

Nah, my parents don't mind, though I am one to like mangas better then anime, so they let me buy the books all the time. I might only watch a few episodes of anime a week, as most of the ones I'm watching right now are only being aired in Japan at the moment.

Though if they saw the events in Elfen Lied, or maybe even Death Note, it would probably be a different story.
    Last edited by Floating Lily; 11-30-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Senior Member anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Gizmo Pocky Gemini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: tehpaddleduck

My parents hate the fact that i like anime and im not how they want me 2 b but they dont usually moan about it, as much as they would like 2. My life, my likes, my laptop and my money so there is no prob ^_^
    They did moan quite abit about the sites i went on 2 on their comp so....i bought my own XD I just ignore them and...move along! haha

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've been watching anime for 15 years of by 17 year long life. If my parents wanted to complain about it, they would have done so long ago. Although they do check the ratings when they buy me anime for birthday and Christmas gifts and whatnot. Granted, I have watched worse that what can be found at the local Best Buy.
    They do say I spend too much time on my computer though, most of which being spent between manga, anime, and here.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack< has a reputation beyond repute >Zack<'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2008 02:40 PM
    Threads

My father loves it as much as i do. We would sit an watch some animes together ^-^
    The only way to have a life is to commit to it like crazy

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Hehe,my mom hates when I spend all my time here or watchin anime online...Even though she likes to watch Saber Rider and Mado King Granzort,she dislikes these new animes...She keeps on complaining on how they are full of violence...And my father...He hates anime...But he cannot do anything about me cuz he's never home,bwhahaha...But my mom gives me headache...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

my dad hates anime... he says it just a heap of useless voice actors yelling at a microphone... which is right for dbz

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

Senior Member Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13 has a reputation beyond repute Luna13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2007 01:42 PM
    Threads

My parents don't really mind but they really don't know what anime is. My mom does get annoyed sometimes when I go on here for a long time but she doesn't say anything if I promise to watch tv with her and still be on here lol.
    It's all my fault. I should have been there to help you. Please don't hurt yourself anymore.
    *~I Love you and I will always.Remember that~*

Love is ever lasting... woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 12:33 PM
    The Darkest Corner of Hell......so don't come visit.
    Threads

omg............................i'm so int the same boat and were sinking fast. i hate how they dont get why we do this my parents favorite phrase is "you never know who you could be talking to, chances are its some freak' and i'm like "i'm not dumb". but still they persist
    The world changed, whilst I slept soundly.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

My parents take things too literally. My mother lacks the power to understand anime. She is confused by it. My father keeps comparing it to how things work in reality. Say some guy with really tall blonde hair punches another dude through three mountains. "Whaaat? You can't do that!"

My parents hate anime, but they're totally fine with me watching it. The real beef they have is with my gaming. Although I agree with them about cutting down on those asian grind-fest MMO's would be alot more healthy for me...

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not really. My mom watches kiddy kiddy anime, and some bloody ones I watch too. But when it comes to buying the collections and stuff, she thinks its childish of me...

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Banned Forum / Chat Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2006 12:31 AM
    Threads

Parents against anime can go Edited by an Apresser themselves in the Edited by an Apresser

Case closed.

OH NO A MOD EDITED MY POST!

||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    \\//
    ``

WHERE IS IT?

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

omg............................i'm so int the same boat and were sinking fast. i hate how they dont get why we do this my parents favorite phrase is "you never know who you could be talking to, chances are its some freak' and i'm like "i'm not dumb". but still they persist
    my dads really like that >.<
    but then, they played a cruel joke on my stepsister and pretended to be a hot guy on the net... she fell for it so baddy >.<... but thats her problem!

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

They don't really seem to care. I'm more into manga anyway, so I guess reading looks better to them. My mom used to watch Wolf's Rain with me. Was fun.

Crimson Rain Sought Flower CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Eternal Moon Article Red Dango
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2022 07:08 PM
    Threads

My parents not really hates anime sometimes they also watch animes
    ^^

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Aya_Asakura has a little shameless behaviour in the past Aya_Asakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

Default yeah,..

dude, let's just say..i can feel your pain....

they think that anime is clouding up my mind but its actually helping me concentrate my imagination to a whole new form!!!

something that's never been seen before.....

but thats something to come in the future..

the darkness in the light _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 06:14 AM
    Threads

yeah my dad was against anime he was all like you cant waste you life watching carttons son and i was like there not cartoons fool there anime...
    Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
    nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Junior Member mitmiya will become famous soon enough mitmiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 07:43 AM
    Threads

My parents do not really mind what I do with my time unless it affects my studies, and since anime/manga doesn't, then they have no problem.

Kurtz's partner in crime lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 06:37 PM
    in your closet, so don't try to find me...
    Threads

they just don't/ can't understand. pity. and yes my parents are against AF too.
    please good rep me i know the rules now and i don't want to be alone because my rep...
    *sniffle*
    current rep

super perv, sniper, and mech pilot,
    Kurtz Webber. my hero...

The Kunoichi Plushie =3 AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi has a reputation beyond repute AnkoMitarashi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2008 04:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Where is that?x.x

My parents don't really care if I like anime or not. I made my mom go into manga and she liked it. I don't know about my dad since he doesn't say anything about it.
    Thanks Mira Kaiba for the super fantabulous set.
    Akito/Agito/Lind obsessed fangirl

B00ger's Special Fwend! Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2009 08:45 AM
    Threads

My parents don't really care. They know its one of my hobbies so they wont try and take it away from me. My mom still watches anime with me sometimes. ^^ I dont know how parents could think anime as a bad thing. =/
    * - - - -][ LOVE ME ][ - - - - *
    * - - - -][HATE ME][ - - - - *

Closed Thread

Thread Information