AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ~Why Sailor Moon is so much hated around here?~

Junior Member March is on a distinguished road March's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 02:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default ~Why Sailor Moon is so much hated around here?~

I really want to know why Sailor Moon is soooo hated?

I really think there is no reason to hate it.It's really a nice anime and bacically I really think it created magical girl transforming anime and then everyone here thinks its weak now look at the others magical girls weapons now tell me how something so pathetic can beat Sailor Moon:-

Sailor Moon vs Mew Ichigo

Sailor Moons weapon (and some more wepons):-

Mew Ichigo's weapon:-

Now how can Ichigo win from sailor moon with such a weak and stupid heart shaped bell!?

Sailor Moon vs Card Captor Sakura

Sailor Moon's wepon:-

Card Captor Sakura's wand:-

Now if Sakura do uses a lot of cards it will take her time to realese the cards just like ~*Chibi_Sasuke*~ said in that thread so there is a lot of chances for sailor moon to win and she is more expricened and strong she could bat a 10 year old easily!!

Sailor Chibi Moon vs Ichigo:-
    Sailor Chibi Moon's weapon (the wepon on the left side):-

Mew Ichigo's weapon:
    same as the above.

Now look carefully how they look so alike Tokyo Mew Mew cheated Sailor moon and besides Chibi Usa would beat Ichigo because cheaters are losers!

Sailor Satrun vs Ichigo (thread by Sailor Chibimoon):-

Sailor Satrun's wepon:-

Ichigo's wepon (can't find anymore pics :-

same as the above
    Ichigo's dead!

Sailor Moon vs kagome

Sailor moon's weapon:-

Kagome's Arrow:-

so lets have a fair battle Sailor Moon is transformed and kagome is ready with her arrow now DUH!!!! Sailor Moon would kill Kagome and dodge or destroy her arrows.

and a zillion more threads about Sailor moon vs this and that magical girl but remember sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?.

March:Richie YOUR PIKACHU DESTROYED MY BIKE!,I SHALL FOLLOW YOU TILL THE CORNERS OF TH WORLD!

♥MARCH♥

Lord of the Sith DarkShadow60 will become famous soon enough DarkShadow60 will become famous soon enough DarkShadow60's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2008 12:27 AM
    Threads

I'm sorry but sailormoon would lose to both Kagome and Sakura in a one-one fight. sakura has alot of options and kagome one good shot and its over. if it were me against sailormoon I'd use my drain life on her then force crush then cut her into pieces with my lightsabers then fry the pieces with force storm. and no its not a good anime don't care what anybody says ITS NOT GOOD.
    Fear me The King of Darkness, and my knights.

-+The King of Viper+- Mamushi will become famous soon enough Mamushi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 08:50 AM
    Threads

Because they're so prudish! I hate them..... Especially Usagi!
    Fhhhsssshhh....

Saint de Fello

Neji ---X--- Fan Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl has a spectacular aura about Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl has a spectacular aura about Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 12:28 AM
    Threads

Well I seen a lot's of Fans of Sailor Moon Around Here

But in my Opinion I don't Like Sailor Moon At all
    Thanks to Nespa 4 the Sigi

Member sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2010 10:42 PM
    Threads

Yeah most of those sound right except for the Kagome one I think that Kagome would definately win that battle >.< Darn you pretty much beat me to the topic sorry I'm new so I have no idea what's been posted and once again sorry I wasn't trying to copy your thread/post v_v;
    You can close your eyes to reality but not the memories... We erase it from our memories, but the imprint is always there...
    If we are willing to kill inorder to save this world, then this world is not worth saving.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by March
    I really want to know why Sailor Moon is soooo hated?

I really think there is no reason to hate it.It's really a nice anime and bacically I really think it created magical girl transforming anime and then everyone here thinks its weak now look at the others magical girls weapons now tell me how something so pathetic can beat Sailor Moon:-
    I do not hate Sailor Moon, in fact I greatly enjoy the show. With all these 'versus threads' however, I like to look at things objectively. One of the most important things to note is that with Sailor Moon, it's not just the transformation that takes time, the attacks themself take up a hell of a lot too.

Sailor Moon vs Mew Ichigo

Sailor Moons weapon (and some more wepons):-

Mew Ichigo's weapon:-

Now how can Ichigo win from sailor moon with such a weak and stupid heart shaped bell!?
    Likewise, how can Sailor Moon win with a candy rod? Truth be told, Sailor Moon versus Mew Ichigo would be the fairest among magical girl fights. Both have long transformations and attacks, the difference is that Mew Ichigo has catlike reflexes, but her 'ultimate' attack does no dammage, whereas Sailor Moon can stoss around truck sized hearts. This battlw would most likely go to Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon vs Card Captor Sakura

Sailor Moon's wepon:-

Card Captor Sakura's wand:-

Now if Sakura do uses a lot of cards it will take her time to realese the cards just like ~*Chibi_Sasuke*~ said in that thread so there is a lot of chances for sailor moon to win and she is more expricened and strong she could bat a 10 year old easily!!
    Sakura needs one card, that takes maybe two seconds to release. Sailor Moon's attacks take an absolute minimum of 9-10 seconds. The obvious victor here is sakura.

Sailor Chibi Moon vs Ichigo:-
    Sailor Chibi Moon's weapon (the wepon on the left side):-

Mew Ichigo's weapon:
    same as the above.

Now look carefully how they look so alike Tokyo Mew Mew cheated Sailor moon and besides Chibi Usa would beat Ichigo because cheaters are losers!
    Chibi-Usa has only one harmless attack, assaulting the look-alike of the weapons as a reason for victory shows narrow-mindedness. It's a known fact that when alone, the anime Chibi-Usa is the weakest member of the cast.

Sailor Satrun vs Ichigo (thread by Sailor Chibimoon):-

Sailor Satrun's wepon:-

Ichigo's wepon (can't find anymore pics :-

same as the above
    Ichigo's dead!
    Okay, this is an obvious victory for Saturn, if for the weapon alone. Even without, we are talking the Senshi of death here, no chance for Ichigo.

Sailor Moon vs kagome

Sailor moon's weapon:-

Kagome's Arrow:-

so lets have a fair battle Sailor Moon is transformed and kagome is ready with her arrow now DUH!!!! Sailor Moon would kill Kagome and dodge or destroy her arrows.
    ... pardon? Have you ever done any archery? Loading, aiming and firing an arrow takes a total of 3 seconds for me, whereas Sailor Moon needs 9 to 10 for just one attack. Kagome would have unloaded 3 arrows by the time sailor Moon is finished.

and a zillion more threads about Sailor moon vs this and that magical girl but remember sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?.
    I hereby dub thee a Sailor Moon fangirl. Please, whenever you try to argue look at things objectively. The only reasons you give for victory are 'she's better!' 'the weapon is a copy' 'come on, its obvious!'

Whenever I hold a discussion, I look at the facts. I observe a characters strength and weaknesses, balance them and decide the most likely outcome. Sailor moon is strong, no doupts there, but the slow speed of her attacks make her very weak against fast oponents. Yet you never give any arguments against that. Hell, you never even spoke of them.

I carry no hate towards Sailor Moon, I love the show. but some of these matchups expose the horrible weaknesses Sailor Moon posseses. Face them instead of denying them.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

The ony reason that I don't really love it to death is because of lack of action....the fights are just weak.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Banned Forum / Chat Riyokin has a spectacular aura about Riyokin has a spectacular aura about Riyokin has a spectacular aura about Riyokin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 10:02 PM
    Threads

People don't like it much because they want heavy action people getting killed and stuff. I like sailormoon because it isn't hardcore with the fights, I find it soft and funny. Plus the story is pretty cool. Here is one person who doesn't hate sailor moon (ME)

Senior Member Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 12:23 PM
    Threads

It's too girly and lovey dovey...
    Last edited by Beautiful_Disaster; 07-01-2006 at 09:00 AM.
    Best Friend Forever: ~Pure Soul~
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into your
    signature to help him on his way to world domination

Member Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana will become famous soon enough Ayana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Its girly because its anime for girls. When I was 14 I really loved it. The fights aren't the best (I have enjoyed them) but plot is nice, sometimes romantic, characters are good and they have "rich" personalities. In Stars (last season) Usagi is mature and isn't so childish crybaby anymore. I like "SM" and I like Usagi, but everybody has own free opinion. Some people like it, some people don't.
    I'm *Ayana* now.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Because most of the people here are losers or geeks or both (I call them leeks) and have nothing better to do than sit around and compare animes or bash animes etc etc

That's the real reason

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, because sailormoon is a girly-girl anime. It's made for girls. Of course this does not mean guys can't or don't like it. I've been a fan of it for over 10 years, and usagi is my favorite character, even though she's the most understood and underrated. It's not a hardcore anime, cause it isn't meant to be.

However, I must say, it does get alot darker and more serious in the sailorstars season.

But if you want something hardcore with action and gore and blood and guts, go and find it, sailormoon is not it.

And DarkShadow60, PLEASE don't turn this into another kagome vs sailormoon thread, if you want to debate it, go there. However, be ready to get your arguments dissected.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Lord of the Sith DarkShadow60 will become famous soon enough DarkShadow60 will become famous soon enough DarkShadow60's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2008 12:27 AM
    Threads

I've already made my point I don't think I'll say anymore.
    Fear me The King of Darkness, and my knights.

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

Hmm..You should do some more researching. Tsk, tsk. Sakura could use many weapons, not just one. Kagome has very good aim, so before Sailor Moon can attack, she fires an arrow and BAM! She's toast. Now, for Ichigo, you make it sound like Ichigo hits people with that bell thing. WRONG! She's like Sailor Moon. She combines magical powers with her weapon, like Sailor Moon. So..I guess it's kind of a draw.

And that's your lesson for today. o.~
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sailormoon doesn't have as much of a attack delay as everyone thinks.

it's sad people can't tell that ..
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Junior Member ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Kawaii♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 06:34 AM
    Threads

I don't really hate it but I think it is to soft! but I don't really mind girlyness I totally love the girlyness in this anime but I hate the lovey dovey stuff but Serena is strongr then most of the "magical girls" not including kagome because any fedural era character can win from a slow in transforming but beautiful magical girl and magical girls are unique in a speical way and what makes them unique is because they are different from all other types of anime they are ditzy and girly they have a love life and are totally cute and they are good at being clutzy and adorable! and Sailor Moon have all those qualities that what make the anime a real magical girl anime so i really love it from this angle! now let check on the vs threads!

Serena vs ichigo:-

Well this battle is going to Sailor moon because ichigo has attacks that may combine but they are lesser in ower and quantity than Serena's attacks so this battle goes to SM!

Serena vs Sakura:-

well this battle definatly goes to Sakura because she has more choices of attacks and sakura is the only magical girl,I think that could beat Serena!

Chibiusa vs Ichigo:-

well both have the same ditzy personalitys and wepons are kinda same too so this could be a tie!

Sailor Satrun vs Ichigo:-

well Satrun wins D.U.H!!!!

Sailor Moon vs Kagome:-

well any fedural era character can win from a magical girl even kagome could win from sakura so yeh! kagome is the winner!

I Am SWEET_ NOW

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I just find Sailor Moon to be way to childish that is the reason I do not like it

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Hooker Boots yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko.......'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2008 01:58 PM
    Threads

sailormoon is okay but i like minimoon!!

I am from Strongbadia ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi is a splendid one to behold ChibiChibi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 02:13 PM
    Threads

Default Please read my whole post :)

Ok, ok, ok. Yeesh. Settle down abit. You may say that lots of people dislike Sailor Moon. But you are forgetting how many people LIKE Sailor Moon. They don't have to love it but still...some people say they don't like it because it is too childish. Well, it may seem that way to some, but let me say, just go rent the Japenese version (with or without subtitles) and it goes from For Children to For Teens and Up. People can argue that "It's too girly" "It's too childish" and the opposition can say "The plot runs deeper" or something of the sort and it could go on for awhile. Honestly, it may just be the version they have is why they dislike it. Maybe they saw the second episode of the first season of the American version of the anime. Thus they might think the voice acting is bad, or that it is silly and for children. Now, if they saw the Japenese version of the anime or read the manga their veiw point may change. The Japenese version is definately different and the manga's artwork is beautiful. Now, let's look at the battles that were layed down in front of us.

Mew Ichigo vs. Sailor Moon

The fight is actually very even. TokyoGirl is right, you do make it sound like Ichigo smacks people with her bell. She uses words, magic, and her weapon combined for her attacks. Same with Sailor Moon. Words, magic, and weapon. Honestly it is the most fair fight of all.

Card Captor Sakura vs. Sailor Moon

Honestly, I can't really say...I've never seen Card Captor Sakura...heh, oops. But, from what I get, Sakura releases cards faster than Sailor Moon can use an attack. Then again, it isn't all about speed. Strategy, timing, and choice impacts it. Now, I don't know if Sakura has any "support" or other people who are ready and willing to battle with her, but Sailor Moon has the scouts and Tuxedo Mask. Now, if it was a one on one battle then I don't know...I have no idea what-so-ever

Mew Ichigo vs. Chibi Moon

...you can say that "Tokyo Mew Mew copied ChibiUsa's weapon" but I don't think they did that on purpose...See that picture? They didn't copy her better, bigger weapon off of any other anime/manga.Now, in my opinion, Chibi Moon is the weakest of the scouts while Mew Ichigo is the leader of her bunch...I think the bout would go to Mew Ichigo (sorry about the big picture)

Sailor Saturn vs. Mew Ichigo

Ok, this one is EASY. It goes to Saturn. The weapon, the magic, everything! Saturn is much stronger than Mew Ichigo. She's the Sailor Scout of Death for crying out loud! No match. Saturn wins

Sailor Moon vs. Kagome

You know nothing about archery do you? "Dodge her arrows"? Yeah right! Now, if Kagome were any good at archery (I don't know since I don't watch Inyuyasha) and Sailor Moon was hopping around to avoid being shot just predict where she would be and kerpow. Done. "Destroy her arrows"? Nope, sorry. It is phsically impossible to split an arrow, and nearly impossible to hit one, how is she going to destroy it? Spend her time upgrading and then upping her possibility to hit it with her giant hearts? That would take WAAAY too long. Moon might have a chance if she stays unpredictable and takes her shot fast with her magic but the bout leans (but does not go to) toward Kagome.

Now, what was your last statement again? Right, "sailor moon is the best and strongest and most ditermined and sailor moon wepons are so pretty so the main question why do everyone hate the anime?." Sailor Moon is the best? Opinion. Most Determined? Opinion. Her weapons are so pretty? Opinion. Why does everyone hate the anime? Not everyone does. You're exagerating. Not the truth so it must be....opinion! Wow, all of that was YOUR OPINION. People like different things, think different things, and guess what? Everyone on this forum has different ideas and thoughts and things they like. Oh, and, by the way, I personally love Sailor Moon. It's my favorite (followed by Tokyo Mew Mew-the manga, not anime, never seen the anime). People are different. GET OVER IT. Eh, sorry about that. It's just all this writing get's me kinda crazy. Wow, long post, sorry!
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE~!

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Sailor Moon was my gateway anime, meaning it's what got me into anime in the first place. I was once a hardcore moonie, and I'll always have a soft spot for the series.

What I don't like are the retarded vs. threads. Because they make no sense.

Well, it may seem that way to some, but let me say, just go rent the Japenese version (with or without subtitles) and it goes from For Children to For Teens and Up.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the original Japanese show isn't for teens and up. It's for children and families. Don't worry, I thought as you did once upon a time. And then I learned that they simply don't have all the Bible-thumper-induced censoring over there. Even an interview with the voice actress who plays Haruka talks about how it's a family show, and pretty much directed mostly towards the children.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...sort of... Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (BSSM) didn't create the magical girl genre, but it certainly introduced it to America and elsewhere. I'd also say it probably had a rather large influence on the genre as well. The only reason that there are people now who bash on it so much and champion shows such as Inu Yasha in its place (despite IY not even being a magical girl series...so where the heck are the comparisons even coming from?) is because it's an older series. It just happens. New anime fans get pulled in via Inu Yasha, Kenshin, or Naruto and whichever show it was that drew them in is the one they think is the best. Chances are, a lot of the people who bash BSSM haven't even seen it.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by †Viper™†
    I just find Sailor Moon to be way to childish that is the reason I do not like it
    Then youve never watched the Japanese version. Like Die Tod said, its not mature over there in Japan, but it is here.
    For example: In Sailor Moon season 1, Malakite and Zosite were lovers...gay lovers. Thats right, Zosite is really a boy. They mad him a her in the american version so little kids would ask their mommys and daddys why the two boys were kissing...
    Anyway....I happen to adore Sailor Moon. It was my starter anime, and still holds place as my all time favorite. But theres going to be people who dont like it. Big deal. You cant force someone to like something just because you think they should...

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Junior Member Alma Rose is on a distinguished road Alma Rose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2006 11:36 PM
    Threads

I like Sailor Moon. Not the crappy English version, (which I think is why a lot of people hate it) but the subbed version. There's a really solid base in mythology, With planets and personality traits, it's really well thought out. My favorite is Haruka, who is Uranus. Later in the show, she and Michiru (Neptune) adopt Hotaru (Saturn).
    Saturn is the equivalent to the Greek God, Cronus. In greek myth, Uranus is married to Gaia, the legend says that he comes every night to mate with her. Eventually she got tired of this and asked all of her children to castrate Uranus, and only Cronus does. I find this ironic because Haruka is a girl. You'll find little quirks like that throughout the show. It was also my first anime. I don't think it's about 'who can kick who's butt' thats stupid and childish to me. Anime shouldnt cross over like that. I think that each induvidual anime should get its own attention. But thats just my opinion.
    "I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this. In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen...Not dark, but beautiful, and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me...and despair!........I pass the test, I will diminish. I will go into the West...and remain Galadriel."

Coolest person ever.. flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2006 11:12 PM
    Threads

shes the worst ever! looser

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*sigh*

Can't some people post a GOOD well thought out reason instead of the usual:

"omgz she sucks lollerskates 1!!!!"
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Member Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra is infamous around these parts Lyra's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 08:19 PM
    Threads

In the fight of Sailor Moon vs. Kagome
    Sailor Moon would win.Kagome can't even shoot an arrow straight and has to have
    Inuyasha come save her all the time.Then again with her crappy aiming...
    Sailor Moon is a classic magical girl fighting anime.Most of us younger anime watchers
    had that as our first anime.Hey I still watch it.I think it's pretty clever and if you look
    very closely most other animes has ripped something off from Sailor Moon one way or
    another.The magical transforming,the items and the thought of regular girl go supergirl.The reason for Usagi probly being a crybaby is to show her make a
    change in life from that pathetic teen into a strong young woman.Most likely it's
    a girl anime, but all you boys know if it was for real in our world you would love
    it.Teen age girls in mini skirts firghting crime for us.
    There was even a survey at my school and 84% of the boys said they'd
    like to have Sailor Moon in real life.Bascily I though it was perverted, but
    still even though they don't speak for the rest of the world keep it in mind.

Closed Thread

Thread Information