AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samurai rawks

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

Default Samurai rawks

~Ok, this thread may not be in the right place and if it's not Mods please move it to the designated area...~

But Samurai should have an entire thread dedicated to them and them alone so here it is, I think that being a samurai would be awesome, to have to live by the strict code of honor would be a good thing. as well as learning to wield a sword with mastery. If I could I would move to japan (again) and go in as an apprentice and try my hardest to become a samurai, anyone else that looks through this thread go ahead and post your opinions on the matter. like would you or would you not like to become a samurai? that sorta thing...

the strict life would of course be immencely difficult but the end reward would be more than worth it, japanese culture would shape and form you into a respectable person. so yeah samurai deserve your respect but maybe not your admiration either way this post is only for samurai so please keep it on topic as much as possible. thank you ~_^
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 08:48 PM
    Threads

hmmm.....i'd like to become a samurai....

Note - I did not make this....i found it on the internet.....props to whoever did make it though....

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thats a very good start now shall we go into more detail such as why? lol I mean are there any specific reasons you wish to become a samurai other than to "play with a sword" and I am not dissing on you with that remark as a friend of mine actualy used that reason at school shortly before gettin slapped with a rather heavy text book ^_^.
    But seriously please elaborate on your reasons for wanting to become a samurai as I would like to hear from someone other than myself on the subject...
    Family

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Manslayer_Kenshin
    ~Ok, this thread may not be in the right place and if it's not Mods please move it to the designated area...~

But Samurai should have an entire thread dedicated to them and them alone so here it is, I think that being a samurai would be awesome, to have to live by the strict code of honor would be a good thing. as well as learning to wield a sword with mastery. If I could I would move to japan (again) and go in as an apprentice and try my hardest to become a samurai, anyone else that looks through this thread go ahead and post your opinions on the matter. like would you or would you not like to become a samurai? that sorta thing...

the strict life would of course be immencely difficult but the end reward would be more than worth it, japanese culture would shape and form you into a respectable person. so yeah samurai deserve your respect but maybe not your admiration either way this post is only for samurai so please keep it on topic as much as possible. thank you ~_^
    1. japan is no longer an imperial country, and no longer has samurai, although people still practice swordsmanship, but that can be learned all over the place, no matter where you are.
    2. okay, judging by your sig and avatar, japan is no longer what it was in shows like rurouni kenshin or samurai x....that was in the mid 1800s......150 years ago.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man has much to be proud of D-man's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 11:26 PM
    Threads

i would like to be come a samurai. i would not like to be one a how lot in this time and age for there is no way i could use it. guns is this time and age. for it would still be nice to get some training.
    I know all and I see all, I just don't tell all.

The Dragon Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade has a spectacular aura about Jd Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2007 09:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by D-man
    i would like to be come a samurai. i would not like to be one a how lot in this time and age for there is no way i could use it. guns is this time and age. for it would still be nice to get some training.
    yep...pretty much the same for me.
    Manslayer_Kenshin Nice advatar!
    Last edited by Jd Blade; 03-08-2005 at 07:18 PM.
    Don't mock the short guy... or else...hehehe...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

DarkTwilight, I understand that japan is no longer an imperial country and samurai are long since over with, but i would still like to live the lifestyle of one, even in the modern age.

And as for my sig and avatar they simply signify my fave anime, nothing more nothing less.
    Family

Guardian and Protector WeyrDragon will become famous soon enough WeyrDragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2005 06:21 PM
    Threads

personally, i think samurai are weak when compared to the ninja. When weighed against each other, the ninja, or assassin, has no code of honor, and would just as soon stab a samurai in the back to take his swords, whereas another samurai would face his opponent from the front. The skills of a ninja can even be used in todays society as well, as opposed to those of a samurai.

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ah but the samurai holds respect and thus rocks more.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Senior Member kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 09:37 PM
    stuck in the process of becoming infinity.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ekdromoi

i would not want to become a samuri, because the risks of dieing are high, but i respect them for that because they would kill themself just to keep there honor. and risk there lives for... stuff...
    [We the unappeased, the unaccepting continued looking,
    filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears and fantasies.
    Driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the world
    seemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared to
    us, we knew that anything was still possible.]

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by WeyrDragon
    personally, i think samurai are weak when compared to the ninja. When weighed against each other, the ninja, or assassin, has no code of honor, and would just as soon stab a samurai in the back to take his swords, whereas another samurai would face his opponent from the front. The skills of a ninja can even be used in todays society as well, as opposed to those of a samurai.
    i disagree....
    1) ninja are mainly warriors who try to avoid combat at all costs and complete their job, and while they don't have an honor code they prolly won't kill unnecessarily.....
    2) their skills are completely replaced by those of snipers...
    3) cameras will also be a serious bar in the way of them being any use whatsoever in today's society as assasins or the like....

Note - I did not make this....i found it on the internet.....props to whoever did make it though....

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

ninja are mainly warriors
    ninja were samurai who did not abide by the code of bushido, thats it, lets not over-romanticize the whole thing

1. japan is no longer an imperial country, and no longer has samurai, although people still practice swordsmanship, but that can be learned all over the place, no matter where you are.
    2. okay, judging by your sig and avatar, japan is no longer what it was in shows like rurouni kenshin or samurai x....that was in the mid 1800s......150 years ago.
    On top of that they were nothing like what anime or stories would have you believe. There were no elaborate duels where you'd scream out the name of your attack and then do 2 flips in the air while jumping 20 feet up. And even then the samurai sword was not the main weapon used. Often swords would break in the heat of battle and it would boil down to hand to hand grisly combat, nothing romantic like what Kenshin or Ninja Scroll would have you think. Also many factions like the Shinsengumi were hated and often assassinated while sleeping, in times of war honor mattered little as long as the battle was won. Also war is an ugly thing, and places like Satsuma and Kyoto were always facing daily bloodshed at the hands of Samurai during the Bakufu reign.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thank you all for your varied opinions this is just what i was looking for, please post more if you have anything else to add to the matter
    Family

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Enishi
    ninja were samurai who did not abide by the code of bushido, thats it, lets not over-romanticize the whole thing
    Ummm....where'd ya get that? a ronin would be a samurai without an honor code....the way i see it - ninja were completely different from samurai and were mainly used as assasins or mercenary's, whereas a samurai was bound to his daimyo.....

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ummm....where'd ya get that? a ronin would be a samurai without an honor code....the way i see it - ninja were completely different from samurai and were mainly used as assasins or mercenary's, whereas a samurai was bound to his daimyo.....
    Try to find the book Ninjutsu: History and Tradition. Im not gonna type out the whole section but basically ninja were indeed samurai's who chose to not follow bushido and therefore accept assassination and other types of missions. At one point it was even found that the whole Samurai Yagyu clan was found to be Ninja. It got so bad that any Samurai that was not accounted for for a certain period of time would be suspected of being ninja. And ronin's were not Samurai without an honor code, they were masterless samurai.

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

i have one question... please answer me...
    what is a rurouni?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It means "wanderer"
    Family

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

samurai means 'to serve'

Samurai were mearly obedient servents who did what there shogun or the emperor told them to do. If the task was not done with perfection then the samurai were forced to comit sepuku, because a samurai cannot live with shame.

Also, the Samurai were very prideful and thats why samuari were refered to as wariors. Pride is the root of war, but to be proud to die for what they believed in ... bushido ... is what they did best.

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

thanks a lot...

Senior Member Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 07:34 PM
    Threads

Ah... samurai's actually prety cool. But one thing i dun like bout them is harakiri. suiciding attempt by slitting ur tummy and taking out the liver or stomach.. yucks... wut a mean way of kiiling oneself o.o;;;

^_^ My favourite band: Dong Bang Shin Ki
    Currenly favouring: Arisu Gakuen

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Dragonninja maybe you should mention the fact that there were many samurais in many areas who would cut down a peasant who dared step in front of them as they walked down the street, and were allowed to by the Shogun. Or maybe that they would mercilessly slaughter every inhabitant of an enemy village? And I mean every inhabitant.

Oh no! Samurais are not all the honourable warriors that anime has made them out to be!? THIS CANNOT BE

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Dragonninja maybe you should mention the fact that there were many samurais in many areas who would cut down a peasant who dared step in front of them as they walked down the street, and were allowed to by the Shogun. Or maybe that they would mercilessly slaughter every inhabitant of an enemy village? And I mean every inhabitant.

Oh no! Samurais are not all the honourable warriors that anime has made them out to be!? THIS CANNOT BE
    For some reason, that makes me respect them more! Just because of the fact that the can be cruel and not all of them were robots who had to share views and personality.

I've read a bit on Samurai, and what the smart people in the topic say is true.There was some honor involved...but not on the battlefield.
    Also, when you see samurai block things with the blade of the sword in an anime, thats false. The blade would break easier. The would block more with the side of the blade, as it's thicker and a bit more durable.
    also, most samurai would try NOT to block an enemies blade, but try to dodge it first to limit the ware and tear on the blade.
    Also, duels were not common on the battlefield. A samurai would swing one or two times, kill the oponant, than move onto the next.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    For some reason, that makes me respect them more! Just because of the fact that the can be cruel and not all of them were robots who had to share views and personality.

I've read a bit on Samurai, and what the smart people in the topic say is true.There was some honor involved...but not on the battlefield.
    Also, when you see samurai block things with the blade of the sword in an anime, thats false. The blade would break easier. The would block more with the side of the blade, as it's thicker and a bit more durable.
    also, most samurai would try NOT to block an enemies blade, but try to dodge it first to limit the ware and tear on the blade.
    Also, duels were not common on the battlefield. A samurai would swing one or two times, kill the oponant, than move onto the next.
    I think I saw something like that on TV. They mentioned the blade thickness would cause it to break and typically the flashy stuff is a Hollywood invention to make better fight scenes.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think I saw something like that on TV. They mentioned the blade thickness would cause it to break and typically the flashy stuff is a Hollywood invention to make better fight scenes.
    Exactly. A katana can only take so many hard impacts. It's ment to cut things that aren't as strong as the metal. Such as
    Skin-Muscle-Organs-Maybe Bone

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Also, the flawlessness of the Sword in anime and movies. After constant hitting, clanging, slashing against bone, etc etc...It doesn't matter how goo your sword is, it'll dent, and rust, and then break. Kenshin replaced his sword...hmm...once? Yeah, just once and he got in a sword fight with someone every damn day.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Closed Thread

Thread Information