AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Downloaders - Legal Music

Mononoke Hime SilentKitty is on a distinguished road SilentKitty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2006 06:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Downloaders - Legal Music

I'm becoming more and more wary of using 'illegal' music sources (especially as I'm starting to look into the recording industry), and was wondering - what 'legal' music downloading sources can you reccomend? Which should I try to stay away from? Why?

...Just looking for some advice here before I plunge in.

Member psychooys is on a distinguished road psychooys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2007 05:59 PM
    Threads

i use napster because it is free and legal (now it is legal). it works within the copyright laws. i would suggest it.
    Last edited by psychooys; 06-05-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    BASILISK

Punk In Drublic! greenfalloutdude41 is just really nice greenfalloutdude41 is just really nice greenfalloutdude41 is just really nice greenfalloutdude41 is just really nice greenfalloutdude41 is just really nice greenfalloutdude41's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 07:15 AM
    Threads

Even though iTunes is a great media player, if you buy music from there all the computers you can listen to the music must have internet, and for each song you can set to only 5 computers, if you want more you have to buy the song again. So don't buy from iTunes. And Emusic, doesn't have much popular music, so don't get any from there. Napster, yes that's okay but to transfer music to your mp3 player you must have a supscription or your music is not transferable. Also Urge, good stuff on there, but it's a supscription music company so unless you have a subscription also you can't transfer your music to your mp3 player or iPod. I perfer to buy cds cuz that way you can send them to as many computers as you want and you don't have to worry about subscriptions. But you have to go to the store to buy them. Limewire, is illegal, don't use it unless you want to take a risk of getting fined. Nor BearShare. Now you know a bit more.

fusion-central.net (sign up and refer GreenFX)
    These Bands are great! Rep me if you like them. Show your Punk Spirit! Get Punk in Drublic!
    -greenfalloutdude41-

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ya people have the wierd notion that lime wire is legal and i got no clue where they get that from as far as i know its as illeagle as anything else.
    BASILISK

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Woah, great info, greenfalloutdude. Very good info on why getting CD's is better.

So.. *if* i can find something on eMusic (which according to you is the main problem), I can download it in .mp3 format?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SilentKitty
    Woah, great info, greenfalloutdude. Very good info on why getting CD's is better.

So.. *if* i can find something on eMusic (which according to you is the main problem), I can download it in .mp3 format?
    CDs don't help the artist that much though, they giver very little money to the artist... most of the oney goes to the producer.
    BASILISK

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, but that happens anyway, I think. I wonder what the exact statistics are for % of revenue going to artists for CD's vs downloaded.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

some1 told me they were 1/16 for cds and 11% for online music. so if that correct its a big diffrence.
    BASILISK

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This thread is going off topic. She asked where she can find LEGAL downloads, not about what % is going to the artists....anymore straying and I'll delete the thread.

If you know the artists you can usually find them on MySpace (where they have selections available for d/l) or even the band's own website will have music available.

Also, if you are a member of Amazon.com, you can find select music available for d/l.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some very good points, Myrra. I've been loath to deal with myspace for some time now, but if it's a reliable way to find music, I don't think that'll be a problem for long.

I had no idea amazon.com let you download music. I'll have to check that out.

Anyway, thanks for the input ^^ and again, if anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em.

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 06:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

I use a great program to get anything I want litterally, but it's not persay legal. But it goes thrue all the loopholes, and I get everything free and anything I can think of free from movies not out in theatres yet to programs like xp pro etc etc for free and in perfect working order. Why pay for it when you can get the real deal for free? Anyway, yeah napster is a good legal one to use.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

LED ZEPPELIN RULLLEEE Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2006 02:12 PM
    Threads

WOOP Illegal music rules lol free music for me thank you I will take that.

but yes I agree napstar, I had that until my computer malfunctioned *literally*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbyspartan
    WOOP Illegal music rules lol free music for me thank you I will take that.

but yes I agree napstar, I had that until my computer malfunctioned *literally*
    thats sucks what happened some hardware died? or the OS? i will say illegal music makes sense if a CD breaks or soemthing like that, but i perfer to give the artists money for their work, but its all a personal thing.
    BASILISK

Closed Thread

Thread Information