AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: opinion: sex before marriage II

Senior Member kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 09:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    stuck in the process of becoming infinity.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ekdromoi

Default opinion: sex before marriage II

just thought I should remake this thread.

[go crazy.]

o, and before you post, I though maybe
    some of you guys might want to hear a
    quote from da vinci. Its, rather incognitous
    really..

"He who does not restrain his lustful appetites places himself on the same level as the beasts. The act of coupling and the members engaged in it are so ugly that if it were not for the faces and adornments of the actors, and the impulses sustained, the human race would die out"
    [We the unappeased, the unaccepting continued looking,
    filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears and fantasies.
    Driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the world
    seemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared to
    us, we knew that anything was still possible.]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm quoting wikipedia's article on da Vinci:
    In 1476, while still living with Verrocchio, he was twice accused anonymously of sodomy with a 17 year-old model, Jacopo Saltarelli, a youth already known to the authorities for his sexual escapades with men. After two months in jail, he was acquitted, allegedly because no witnesses stepped forward, but actually on the strength of his father's respected position (Saslow, Ganymede in the Renaissance: Homosexuality in Art and Society, 1986, p.197). For some time afterwards, Leonardo and the others were kept under observation by Florence's Officers of the Night - a Renaissance organization charged with suppressing the practice of sodomy, as shown by surviving legal records of the Podestà and the Officers of the Night.
    --edit--
    This is not spam. As for my views on the subject, see the old thread.
    Last edited by Eris; 06-01-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Addicted to Capernicus! Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 05:56 PM
    Threads

Ok I believe that if you know what you are getting into and know the risks and if you are a responsible person, then I believe it is ok.
    This is not exactly my religious belief, but I don't want to get into an argument, so this is my personal opinion, without thinking of my religious beliefs.

[1] On The Line! Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2007 10:44 PM
    Threads

As what I've said in my previous post regarding this topic. Personally, I dont approve it. Sex before Marriage should not be praticed and must be ceased.
    No one has the right to object me nor others point of view through mean responses and rather proof whatsoever, hence this is a sensitive issue which is rather taken seriously or for granted by different nations. People respond to this issue in different ways as it depends in culture, religion and personal belief. Write down your opinion, defend it, compliment others but dont object others. Also, everyone is entitled ofr their own opinion, right?
    Thanks for the cool set, Thornwillow.

Im an ann0ying l0ser inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2006 11:31 AM
    Threads

no it is a very bad idea i dont know why but it is not a very good idea

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uno_Caste
    As what I've said in my previous post regarding this topic. Personally, I dont approve it. Sex before Marriage should not be praticed and must be ceased.
    No one has the right to object me nor others point of view through mean responses and rather proof whatsoever, hence this is a sensitive issue which is rather taken seriously or for granted by different nations. People respond to this issue in different ways as it depends in culture, religion and personal belief. Write down your opinion, defend it, compliment others but dont object others. Also, everyone is entitled ofr their own opinion, right?

No great discussion can happen if everyone just posts their thoughts but never respond to anyone. What I have found is most the time people who post want responses because they are wanting to discuss whatever the issue is...that is why they posted it. Otherwise they would just place it in their journal. Although I do agree it should be done maturely and to avoid flaming as that turns into a spam fest very quickly.

As for my view on the topic, aside from my other posts I would say my concern is not so much for the act, but the thoughts behind it. Or lack of them. I don't think it's wrong to have sex before marriage, but I think many people who do are not ready for it. I could blame the schools who aren't teaching things early enough or the parents who are too uncomfortable to talk to their kids or society for giving kids a skewed version of what a relationship should be, but when it comes down to it it is your own responsibility for your actions. (As I tried to state in the last thread, I don't believe this includes a situation where there is a predator and a victim; that is a separate issue and not one of choice.)

I don't think there's any one way to tell if you are ready or not and although I would say most who are still dependant upon their guardian(s) are probably not ready, I refuse to put everyone in a group and label them as the same level of maturity. In a nutshell, I think it's safer to wait in many ways, but I don't think it's wrong if you do not. Each person must judge that for him/herself.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Neji ---X--- Fan Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl has a spectacular aura about Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl has a spectacular aura about Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 12:28 AM
    Threads

In my opinion.... I believe that is not bad to have sex before the marriage, but is necessary to have responsibility and maturity to do it, and also to know how to choose the correct person to do it, and to be prepared for bad news
    Thanks to Nespa 4 the Sigi

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uno_Caste
    But why do you want to prevent OTHERS from not having premarital sex? I mean, sure, you're not going to do it, that's one thing, and I respect that, but what consenting adults do is none of your business.

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

Oh dear. I could write page on page about this, but it still would come down to this: "If you don't want to have sex before marriage, that's fine. If you don't want anyone to have sex before marriage, because you think it is morally wrong, then you're an idiot."

That's pretty much all there is to it really.

the best swordsman LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman is infamous around these parts LINK the swordsman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 10:38 AM
    in a closet....yeah i can't pay rent ha ha ha
    Threads

You have to test drive the car before you buy it.....yeah i don't know what it means ha ha ha
    Link the swordsman the best swords man
    and i hate inuyasha yay!

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

It's just wrong
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Look, if you don't have any sort of argument WHY you think it's wrong, don't bother posting. You don't contribute to the discussion what so ever.

Member Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 04:51 PM
    Threads

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by LINK the swordsman
    You have to test drive the car before you buy it.....yeah i don't know what it means ha ha ha
    First of all. If you do not know what that means then why are you posting it? And second, sure ... you can test drive the car ... but what happens when you wreck it?

Member Yarly is on a distinguished road Yarly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2006 06:40 PM
    Threads

Sex - why not?
    I don't see the problem.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rain
    ... but what happens when you wreck it?
    Then you're in a world of trouble, both metaphorically and non-metaphorically. None-the-less, you still test-drive cars, do you not?

Senior Member vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna is infamous around these parts vv echidna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2007 01:46 PM
    Threads

bad idea even though people do it anyway
    *chained in a dungeon somewhere*GRAHHHH!!!! curse the intire human race

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not going to lie and say "it's bad" Because it's not. It's natural. If you want sex, have sex. Just be aware of the risks before doing it.

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

I won't before marriage. What's the use? A lifetime of diseases or a child just because of one night of carnal impulses?

And if I had a b/f that I loved and felt I'd spend the rest of my life with, why not wait? Love is love, and if we'd always be in love, then nothing would change and we'd still get married. If we had sex before, what would make marriage anything special?

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

As I said in the last "sex before marriage" thread, I don't see anything wrong in it. I guess I'm saying this because I'm not very religious and this is a major part of many religions: no sex until marriage.

But for me, it's no sex until you feel confortable with what you're doing and who you are doing it with. Not only should you feel confortable with it, but to, you must have a taste of COMMON SENSE before you have sex. If you are some stupid, irresponsible, hormone-controlled teen who is willing to do it unprotected with the next person you see, then stop and think it over. Because doing that is the perfect example of lacking common sense.

When I first have sex (because, you see, I'm still but a young virgin... ), I will make sure that I'm confortable with the person that I love and I WILL make sure that protection is involved...because I don't plan on being stupid. So for me, it's sex when you're ready and when you KNOW you're ready. Or as my mom & older sister say, "Not until you're 18."

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanko
    If we had sex before, what would make marriage anything special?
    Marriage isn't about sex; it's about love and spending the rest of your life with that one person. It's about building a life, with or without children, together and noticing the little nuances in each other's personality that make him/her so endearing, albeit sometimes annoying. It's about sharing your life, the ups and the downs. Marriage is so many things, and although sex is another experience you do together it is not what makes marriage special nor is the foundation of any successful marriage.

Also, not everyone is irresponsible enough to not protect him/herself. Although I do agree if you do have sex--married or not--you should be ready to accept the consequences and responsibility that comes with it.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Beyond Redemption Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk is a splendid one to behold Amaruk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2007 11:29 PM
    Threads

People are divided in this subject between their beliefs and the beliefs of others or possibly religious belief. The fact is if you are going to do it be ready to cover all the bases. You should use some sort of protection if you dont want kids and that only lessens the odds of getting pregnant.Also, make sure it is for the right reasons, this is a potentialy life changeing decision. As Kakashi_Neji_Orochi~Girl said it comes down to 2 things, Responsibility and maturity.

Cute and Loveable Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2006 05:42 PM
    Threads

Im not against it. As long as you know what is going to happen or what might happen, yet if you make the girl pregant and then just leave, i think is completly wrong. Just use protection and be careful. Yet if you aren't mature or responsible enough, I suggest you wait till you are.

Yet if you are waiting to get married first, I congratulate you on that.

Member CpWalker_90 has a spectacular aura about CpWalker_90 has a spectacular aura about CpWalker_90's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2006 10:26 PM
    Threads

I think sex is best saved for serious relationships, but casual sex is also okay. Just, well, the numerous STDs that are floating about have me worried. And crabs, them things can be annoying.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it's ok, just as long as you are RESPONSIBLE and use protection and are committed, otherwise, you could get in trouble.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akiko_kalla
    Marriage isn't about sex; it's about love and spending the rest of your life with that one person. It's about building a life, with or without children, together and noticing the little nuances in each other's personality that make him/her so endearing, albeit sometimes annoying. It's about sharing your life, the ups and the downs.
    Yet people can (and do) do all those things outside of marriage. If a couple just lives together for their whole lives without marriage, they do those same things. So how is a married couple's relationship more special than an unmarried couple's? Just a certificate?

And when couples are dating/courting, they love each other just the same and they have ups and downs. So it'll be the same in marriage; they'll still be there for each other... what's so special about it?

Closed Thread

Thread Information