AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarians and/or Vegans post here please

Meet me in outerspace.... Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars has a reputation beyond repute Number_the_Stars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2010 09:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Vegetarians and/or Vegans post here please

I was wondering if anyone here was a vegetarian or vegan? I'm thinking about becoming a vegetarian myself... anyone have an comments or stories to share.... like what's the hardest part of being a vegatarian... and is it worth it? Thanks!

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

It's not really worth it. Being a vegetarian is damaging to one self. On average, they don't live as long because they need certain things they can only get from foods they refuse to eat. At least, this is what I have heard
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've been a ovolactoflexi[pullo,pesco]vegetarianism (viz vegtarianism including eggs, and diary products, and occationally fish and poultry) for a couple (atleast 1, probably closer to 2) of years now, and that has worked out pretty well.

The "craving" for meat many people feel goes away pretty fast, as your body learns that it can find nutirents in other sources just as well. Interestingly, things like beans, that to a non-vegetarian isn't particularly appealing to your reglular meat-eater, becomes very appealing when you go veg. I always find it interesting how your brain tells you to want food that you need. It's sort of like how you (well, I atleast) can find yourself craving oranges when you're not getting enough Vitamin C.

It's also important to realize that when you quit eating meat, you can't keep eating what you used to eat sans the meat (eg. potatoes and peas, but no steak), if you do that you will end up lacking several key nutrients your body needs, and getting deficiency diseases. You really don't want that. There are lots of good books with vegetarian recepies to prevent you from ending up there.

Die-hard vegetarianism, or veganism however, is a bit harder to maintain. You end up taking all these pills, and feeling like crap all day long.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-26-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    It's not really worth it. Being a vegetarian is damaging to one self. On average, they don't live as long because they need certain things they can only get from foods they refuse to eat. At least, this is what I have heard
    I don't know where you got that from, but it's completely inaccurate. If anything, a vegetarian can be more healthy than a non-vegetarian, if done properly. There have been studies possibly showing a correlation between a low-fat vegetarian diet and longevity, decrease in heart risks, and even a decrease in some cancer risks.

It's true that one of the most difficult nutrients to replace as a vegetarian is protein. I myself am only a "partial vegetarian." I allow myself the occasion chicken or turkey meal in order to get enough protein to quiet my hypoglycemia (low blood sugar...requires ample protein). That, along with other forms of protein have proven to be enough to keep me healthy. And I always have been healthy, since first cutting out all other meats a good 10 years ago. More healthy than the members of my family, in fact. I eat a lower-fat diet, and regularly get more fruits and vegetables than they do.

Dieselmannen is 100% correct in telling you you'll need to make further changes to your diet. What minerals and nutrients you aren't getting from cutting out meat, you will need to find elsewhere. It's a little more work and planning, but I think it worth it in the long run. It's probably not a bad idea to cut meat out slowly, if that's what you decide to do...especially if you eat a great deal in your diet now.

People always ask me how I can handle not eating the red meat. The thing is, after this long, I don't have the slightest interest in red meat or pork. It doesn't even smell tempting. And I FEEL healthy. Why jeopardize that by forcing myself to eat it, if it's not even something I desire?

Some further information: http://www.vegparadise.com/news44.html

Now vegans on the other hand... I've known several. None of them have lasted on the strict vegan diet, and none of them felt healthy, or even looked healthy. All of them began as vegetarians, and eventually reverted back to it. That's not to say that a person can't successfully live on a vegan diet. It's just difficult. And expensive. And filled with vitamin supplements. I don't recommend you go that far without a LOT of diet planning.

You may call me V sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    I've been a ovolactoflexi[pullo,pesco]vegetarianism (viz vegtarianism including eggs, and diary products, and occationally fish and poultry) for a couple (atleast 1, probably closer to 2) of years now, and that has worked out pretty well.

The "craving" for meat many people feel goes away pretty fast, as your body learns that it can find nutirents in other sources just as well. Interestingly, things like beans, that to a non-vegetarian isn't particularly appealing to your reglular meat-eater, becomes very appealing when you go veg. I always find it interesting how your brain tells you to want food that you need. It's sort of like how you (well, I atleast) can find yourself craving oranges when you're not getting enough Vitamin C.

It's also important to realize that when you quit eating meat, you can't keep eating what you used to eat sans the meat (eg. potatoes and peas, but no steak), if you do that you will end up lacking several key nutrients your body needs, and getting deficiency diseases. You really don't want that. There are lots of good books with vegetarian recepies to prevent you from ending up there.

Die-hard vegetarianism, or veganism however, is a bit harder to maintain. You end up taking all these pills, and feeling like crap all day long.
    Normally i'd say that being a vegetarian is pretty stupid, you're just wasting your body and limiting what nutrients and vital substances you get that your body needs. However, when you think of it this way, it makes since that it's possible, and still healthy. Good points there, diesellmannen

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My older brother became a vegetarian, and that's what probably made me decide to not become vegetarian. To put it simply: I like meat. Beef, pork, chicken, whatever suits you(I don't count fish as meat), I like meat. I eat relatively healthy food, excersice, and thus enjoy Tex-Mex and a good burger once a week. I do not see the need to become vegetarian. I know I could find the nutrients in another source, but I don't want another source. I want my burger. If you enjoy meat, don't become a vegetarian. The 'meat' substitutes are crap reflavored. However, it's your choice.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    My older brother became a vegetarian, and that's what probably made me decide to not become vegetarian. To put it simply: I like meat. Beef, pork, chicken, whatever suits you(I don't count fish as meat), I like meat. I eat relatively healthy food, excersice, and thus enjoy Tex-Mex and a good burger once a week. I do not see the need to become vegetarian. I know I could find the nutrients in another source, but I don't want another source. I want my burger. If you enjoy meat, don't become a vegetarian. The 'meat' substitutes are crap reflavored. However, it's your choice.
    What do you preceive fish as? Vegetables?

An important part of becomming a successful vegetarian is to realize that you generally can't substitute meat for some sort of substitute in your dishes. Then most of your food will taste terrible. You need to come up with new ways of making food that isn't as meat-centric as you're used to. You need to convert your entire food culture so to speak.

You brain enhances what you preceive meat tastes like, because it has identified it as a source of proteins. As I stated earlier, if you give it up, your brain will hone in on other protein-rich food, and you won't find meat appealing what so ever.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-26-2006 at 06:12 PM.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I consider fish to be fish. I will casually refer to "fish meat", but I do not hold them in the same class of meat as beef, pork, and poultry.But, you missed the point of my post. I was not asking for an answer, attacking vegetarians, or wishing clarification. I know all that. I read the posts before mine. My statement was that I do not want to be vegetarian.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, that is naturally up to you. After all, this isn't the Spanish Inquisition... and even if it was, you wouldn't have expected it. NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Last edited by Eris; 05-26-2006 at 06:38 PM.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I'm a borderline vegetarian; I rarely eat meat. I do eat eggs, and drink milk, and stuff like that. I have just never really found meat to be my favorite thing to eat. But usually on Thanksgiving or Christmas I can't help it but to eat meat.

So, yes and no; I'm a vegan. ^^
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Correction: You're a vegetarian. A vegan doesn't eat any animal products. Those include things like eggs and milk.

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 10:00 PM
    Threads

Are you kidding? I could never be a vegetarian!! Vegetarians always seem to just be skin and bones. And I'm a girl who likes her meat.... Mmmmmm.... Steak,

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen

But... I like meat. Meat=Murder and murder tastes great.

The biggest reason I'd never switch to vegetarian is my undying hate for cooked vegetables. Really... they're all squirmy and gross... ‘Cept things like Potatoes, Beans and Corn. You know, man vegetables.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 04:01 AM
    Threads

I'm almost 15 (4 days to go!), and I've been a vegetarian all my life. Yes, that means: no eggs, no fish (is a fish a vegetable or a fruit?), not chicken (again, it's not plant material: it's still an animal), and I'm perfectly healthy.
    To me, there is no downside. Eating animals is gross, and it encorages people to treat the other creatures on this earth like garbage. Why are people so much more important than other animals? If we want to eat meat, we should go out and catch it with our bare hands, prepare it ourselves, and then we'll have some reason for eating it. If you can't do that, you don't need it.
    That's what all the other animals do

We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
    because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
    unable to step out into the sky
    like that fearless flower

- Kubo Title, Bleach, Volume 12

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Your body accumulates tears in your muscles as you go about your day. These tears can only be replaced by amino acids. The only place your body can get amino acids is from meat.

Diesel's diet works well because she eats fish, poltry, eggs and dairy. Fish is a GREAT source of amino acid proteins.

You as a human being get very little nutrients from chlorophyic organisms. This is because we lack the ability to adequately digest it. Horses and cows have a "rumen" filled with bacteria that break down this material so that they can get the nutrients from it.

As a human you are an omnivore. You have canines and are made to eat and digest meat. TO deny it isn't exactly wise. I can guarantee 90% of doctors will tell you NOT to go on a vegan diet. It isn't good for you. You need that protein from the meat. You cannot get the same amount of protein in beans and other legumes. Most vegetarians/vegans end up having to take supplimentary vitamins. This is to get the vitamins and amino acids your diet lacks.

A low fat diet with meat is the BEST diet for you. It is what you are physiologically made to eat.

I would highly recommend NOT becoming a vegetarian or a vegan. Based on my knowledge gained from a degree in genetics.

P.S. Next time I see that lion eating a gazelle in nature, I'll make sure to let him know that its not nice, and its gross, I'm sure he'll care. Other than the fact thats his instinct.

*tagline stolen*
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fine, so explain to me this:
    Why, after almost 15 years of vegeterianism, without even once eating any kind of meat, am I perfectly healthy, and not having to take any kind of suppliments at all?
    My oldest brother is almost 28, and he's never eaten meat. He doesn't take supplements.
    My father, almost 52, has been a vegetarian for about 40 years of his life. He is perfectly healthy and doesn't take suppliments.
    The whole idea of "having to eat meat or you'll be unhealthy" is total rot.

As for lions: they catch their food themselves. They rip it up themselves. They don't go to the supermarket and buy it, when it's been slaughtered with absoloutely no chance of escape, all pumped full of hormones.
    I have absolutely no problem with people going and hunting their food, as long as they do it the way other animals do. If we cant' do that, we don't need it.

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    But... I like meat. Meat=Murder and murder tastes great.
    Well, You can't have slaughter without laugher! ;-)
    Last edited by Eris; 05-26-2006 at 08:56 PM.

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 10:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Troublesome Woman~
    I'm almost 15 (4 days to go!), and I've been a vegetarian all my life. Yes, that means: no eggs, no fish (is a fish a vegetable or a fruit?), not chicken (again, it's not plant material: it's still an animal), and I'm perfectly healthy.
    To me, there is no downside. Eating animals is gross, and it encorages people to treat the other creatures on this earth like garbage. Why are people so much more important than other animals? If we want to eat meat, we should go out and catch it with our bare hands, prepare it ourselves, and then we'll have some reason for eating it. If you can't do that, you don't need it.
    It's not that were more important than other animals (though some people think that we are), It's just like all the other animals in the world. Everything was ment for something. Like fishies. Fishies are only here to feed other animals including humans. So theres really nothing wrong with eating meat. I mean, that's like a bear living off berries his while life.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I’ve been an Omnivore all my life and I’m in perfect health. Also, due to all the dairy, eggs, and meat I’ve consumed, I’m six foot tall, thick boned, and muscle-y. I’m a Killing Machine.
    To me, there is no downside. Eating animals is gross, and it encorages people to treat the other creatures on this earth like garbage.

No, it teach people to treat animals like what they are- fuzzy, dumb creatures further down the food chain. How does a wolf treat a rabbit? Do they cuddle before the Wolf shakes it’s jaws to break the rabbits neck?
    Why are people so much more important than other animals?

We are. What have animals done that is so great? When was the last time an Animal wrote a great novel? Animals don’t have sentience, so their opinions don’t count. The live below us on the food chain so they are de facto are ours to do with as we please. If they have a problem with it, they can kill us to take our place. Let um’ try.
    If we want to eat meat, we should go out and catch it with our bare hands, prepare it ourselves, and then we'll have some reason for eating it. If you can't do that, you don't need it.

So by that logic, you shouldn’t eat a vegetable you, yourself haven’t gathered. Because that’s what animals do. They walk around looking for food. They find it, and then they eat it. They don’t grow it. They don’t go to the market and buy it from other animals. They don’t take it home, and cook it over a fire. All those things are unnatural processes fostered by our intuition and oral memories.

You have every right to only eat vegetables if you so choose. Maybe it can be made to work on dietary grounds, but it really doesn’t stand on moral grounds. You are still a consumer, you just don’t directly eat meat products. Every bit of vegetation harvested for your consumption kills hundreds of small animals in the process. If you really cared about the stupid animals, you’d only eat that which you grew. But you won’t. So I refuse to except your arguments.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal_Alchemist249
    It's not that were more important than other animals (though some people think that we are), It's just like all the other animals in the world. Everything was ment for something. Like fishies. Fishies are only here to feed other animals including humans. So theres really nothing wrong with eating meat. I mean, that's like a bear living off berries his while life.
    No, there isn't. There's also nothing wrong with making the decision NOT to eat meat, whatever the reasons behind it. As long as you don't force your opinions on someone else, I see no harm in it.

Now, personally, I'm tired of being attacked for my lack of meat. Even if I were to cut out the chicken and turkey that I do eat, I would find ways to replace those nutrients with other foods.

I'm healthy. I'm not "skin and bones." I'm not overweight. I'm in excellent health condition. I don't crave meat. I don't judge people for eating meat, the way they judge me for not. I began this out of a disgust for the way animals were killed for my consumption...but it has morphed into a desire for a healthier lifestyle. I feel content with my decision.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Let me make this simple. Vegetarians die by getting run over buses and the people driving them are the people that smoke three packs of smokes a day and eat red, raw meat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and don't die until they are 110. Get it, got it, good.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    Correction: You're a vegetarian. A vegan doesn't eat any animal products. Those include things like eggs and milk.
    Whoopsies. I honestly didn't know that.

The more ya know ^__~
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I used to be a vegetarian until my dad shoved pork in my mouth when I was 7. Just because he doesnt want me to become a vegetarian...my mom was on my side but she couldnt do anything about it... Now, I eat more of vegies than meat. And I think it's worth it. I've meet alot of vegetarian friends myself.

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000

I’ve been an Omnivore all my life and I’m in perfect health. Also, due to all the dairy, eggs, and meat I’ve consumed, I’m six foot tall, thick boned, and muscle-y. I’m a Killing Machine.

I'm 5'3'', thick boned, and muscley too. I've never touched meat in my life, like I said before. I did elite gymnastics for 4 years. I do Tae Kwon Do, and Athletics. Don't talk to me about killing machines.

No, it teach people to treat animals like what they are- fuzzy, dumb creatures further down the food chain. How does a wolf treat a rabbit? Do they cuddle before the Wolf shakes it’s jaws to break the rabbits neck?

I never suggested that. We portray animals as cute, cuddly little creatures, oh aren't they so cuuute, and then as soon as they grow up, we slaughter them to eat. I disagree with that. If that's what we're going to do, we should at least have the guts to tell our 4 year old children, "Ok Sammy, this is an animal destined for the slaughterhouse, take a good look, coz it's going to be served up to you for dinner one day." instead of, "Oooh, look at the cute baa-lamb!".

We are. What have animals done that is so great? When was the last time an Animal wrote a great novel? Animals don’t have sentience, so their opinions don’t count. The live below us on the food chain so they are de facto are ours to do with as we please. If they have a problem with it, they can kill us to take our place. Let um’ try.

That is purely opinion. Animals, in my opinion, do have sentience. There is a lot of matierial on it that validates it. I suggest checking your local library for more info on that, because I'm not going to spout off about it and get myself warned for spamming.
    You seem to be a little confused about the food chain. We shoot animals with guns that they do not possess. I'm not disputing the fact that we have a fairly high standing, all I'm saying is that it's wrong to shoot animals, especially those that have been bred and kept solely for our convienience. They have lives too, and their lives are just as valid as ours.

So by that logic, you shouldn’t eat a vegetable you, yourself haven’t gathered. Because that’s what animals do. They walk around looking for food. They find it, and then they eat it. They don’t grow it. They don’t go to the market and buy it from other animals. They don’t take it home, and cook it over a fire. All those things are unnatural processes fostered by our intuition and oral memories.

You have every right to only eat vegetables if you so choose. Maybe it can be made to work on dietary grounds, but it really doesn’t stand on moral grounds. You are still a consumer, you just don’t directly eat meat products. Every bit of vegetation harvested for your consumption kills hundreds of small animals in the process. If you really cared about the stupid animals, you’d only eat that which you grew. But you won’t. So I refuse to except your arguments.
    Exuse me: for your "informed" information, my parents grow and harvest fruit and vegetables for our personal consumption. We live on 10 acres, and have an abundance of wildlife. We don't "damage" the wildlife and kill hundreds of small animals by growing a field of fruit trees; we have many other kinds of vegetation, and they live just fine.
    The things that kills the most animals is the destruction of their habitat to provide grazing area for livestock which is then slaughtered. You have no idea the way in which they treat the animals that you consume. If you want to know some of the gorey details, PM me and I'll give you some insight (I'm not going to list them here because it's off-topic).

So don't give me your "it doesn't stand on moral grounds". When someone can prove to me that they can kill, skin, and eat an animal with their bare hands, then I'll believe that they need it. If they're that desperate, then they do.

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

So you shouldn't drive a car because you didn't build it, or you shouldn't ride a bike because you didn't farm the metal, purify it, pound it out, shape it. Harvest the rubber and put it together.

Oh and you shouldn't wear clothes because you didn't sheer the wool and spin it to thread then weave it.

Its all or nothing if you want to stand on moral high ground.

Todays society you do a service so that another doesn't have to and you get paid. Some people make cars for society so that another person can focus on farming. They both get paid. With that money the farmer buys the cars and the line man buys the groceries. Its not a moral "if you don't kill it you can't eat it". Its called forming a large functional society. If we all hunted and gathered we wouldn't have time to think, so Einstein shouldn't have eaten at all because you know what he did was not a huge benefit to the society. But all that lazy bastard did was sit and think, so he should have starved! Didn't kill his own meat, didn't pick his own veggies. THE HORROR!

I am also perfectly healthy. Its not a matter of Veggie is low fat and meat is not. Its just eating a "LOW FAT" diet in general. I eat meat for almost every meal, Minus my slim fast shake for breakfast (not because its slimfast but in reality its very healthy for breakfast vitamins, minerals, protien). I exercize regularly. I don't eat mounds of chocolate cake, and I pick lean beef when I do eat it, and eat chicken a lot. It is very possible to be healthy eating a meat filled diet. With everything its always watching what you eat and not eating fat or over eating. The end.

P.S. any protein you do not need that you have intaken you excrete. With carbohydrates and other things it gets turned into fat.

*tagline stolen*
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Closed Thread

Thread Information