AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Lost it's Popularity Ten Years Ago-Or Did It?

Wait, this guy is still here? Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

Default Lost it's Popularity Ten Years Ago-Or Did It?

Often times when I play my music at work people say that it is stupid because it lost it's popularity ten years ago. They want to hear slipknot, senses fail, and those gothic bands. However, I asked a person who said this to me what he liked to hear in a song. He said "I like to hear about drugs, death, and destruction. I want to hear about lost love and the effects on the lovers! Play that stuff!"
    So, In responce to this, I changed the song from Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith to Cocaine by Eric Clapton. The guy said "That's a whole lot better. This is good music."

Weird, huh? Do people really know good music when the hear it? Do they really know what they're talking about?

What are your opinions?
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 09:10 PM
    Threads

People's idea of 'good music' is based on what they like. So when you hear people say, "This music is amazing, it's the best ever!", that doesn't mean you should think the song or band is any good, or anyone else thinks it's any good. It's different for everyone, not everyone has the same taste in artists or songs. So, there is no real definition of what good music is and what bad music is. It's just a difference of opinions.

And just because a band is older or hasn't come out with anything for a while does NOT make their music stupid or any less good. I could care less if my favorite band was a group of 100,000 year old cavemen, if it was good, I'd listen to it and not care what anyone else said or thought about it. Hey, at the end of the day, the stuff you listen to and what you like shouldn't change because of what other people think about it. What's the point of listening or pretending to like something you don't just because other people do?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2015 11:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Well, theres tons of music that I think is fantastic, but others think its crap. Its all a matter of opinion, Like Tsuna said...
    BUT, I noticed that with people who listen to rap, they like a song a lot...you know how they devote a small amount of their life to that song, and blast it in there cars with the bass up to ear exploding...then years later the some is 'old' and 'wack'...and no, Im not just pulling this outta the air...I have friends who do this...it baffels me

Cute and Loveable Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2006 06:42 PM
    Threads

most people dont know what they talk about and follows others. If people think your music is crap you shouldnt care.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 02:04 AM
    Threads

Good music is different to every person. Its just that in the end, most people end up clinging to the same idea.

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 07:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Some people like songs just by what the title may or may not say, I take those people that do that as "musically ignorant". They have no clue to the meaning, and they have ABSOLUTELY NO clue and no real appreciation for the artful expressions that each instrument offers to the pallet of a song.

But being a musician, it doesn't help me cope with those people. So I ignore them and move on, there are alot of people that just hear "Cocaine" or some other word and mistake the music, blah lol.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Hallo everyone! ^_^ Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 11:22 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: thornwillow Steam ID: thornwillow

Like others have said here, it all depends on the person's opinion what they feel is good music.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Of Shred
    But being a musician, it doesn't help me cope with those people. So I ignore them and move on, there are alot of people that just hear "Cocaine" or some other word and mistake the music, blah lol.
    And I totally agree with Master here because I am a musician as well and I've heard good music and what I think is good music. It's really hard to tell if music is good nowadays or not because with so much sound editing that is done in studio or trackovers for singers out on stage, it makes you wonder how many of those people are actually singing.

Music was good when they actually had talent up on stage. So I like all types of music, but today's music ... well, you just have to be careful what you listen to because you don't if it's that person's excellent talent, or just some high tech device that could make a chipmunk sound like Celine Dion. lol I think that was a good analogy. xD

Make Wallpapers or Sigs? Check Out My Images

Wait, this guy is still here? Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

I hear that, shredder. I know what you mean. People give me crap all the time because all I play on my guitar is country music. I honestly dont care if they like country or not; It's what I play.

However, it does get on my nerves when people keep nagging me about it... -_-;
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

LED ZEPPELIN RULLLEEE Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan has much to be proud of Deathbyspartan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2006 03:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Alias-Revolution
    Often times when I play my music at work people say that it is stupid because it lost it's popularity ten years ago. They want to hear slipknot, senses fail, and those gothic bands. However, I asked a person who said this to me what he liked to hear in a song. He said "I like to hear about drugs, death, and destruction. I want to hear about lost love and the effects on the lovers! Play that stuff!"
    So, In responce to this, I changed the song from Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith to Cocaine by Eric Clapton. The guy said "That's a whole lot better. This is good music."

Weird, huh? Do people really know good music when the hear it? Do they really know what they're talking about?

What are your opinions?
    :O:O:O They told you to take sweet emotion off :O that is aerosmiths best song.
    I always get flammed for listening to Led Zeppelin :P
    What I think here in sunny england, is most people follow some sort of crowd, if they dont like a cluster of music they will be an "outsider"
    But luckily me and my friends are differnt:P

Closed Thread

Thread Information