I've seen a lot of people posting about experience in the military, some still are some being ex-military. The posts in the "disgusting thing you ate" topic made me post this one (seems nobody likes rations eh?).

So, who here is currently or at one point in time, military? Doesn't matter what element; air, land, navy, all working for the same thing.

If so, where did you serve at? What job? Anything interesting to tell? I'll go first I guess:

I spent one year as a reserve artillery gunner. Had enough of that joke and switched to the Regular Force. Am now administration with the Royal Canadian Dragoons in Camp Petawawa, they're an armoured recce regiment (moved all the tanks out west and east).

I will most likely be going to Afghanistan either next year or in 08. Either way I have been told I will be going and I can't wait.

I have aspirations to become an Officer one day, but one of my aspirations may temper that. I am torn between Military Police (NCM, not officer, cause NCM's are out arresting ppl not behind desks like MPO's), Intelligence Officer and possibly a MARS Officer (basically commanding a ship).

I have lots of time to think it over, another 2 years till I'm a Corporal and qualify for Commissioning from the Ranks. As it looks now I will probably go IntO but the lure of being a police officer is very strong..

So, what about everybody else?