AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human Nature

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Human Nature

Everyone says that something has to do with Human Nature or instinct.
    Is that really relavent now.
    Is human instinct still relivant since now we have so many things to help us out that there seems to be a decline in our instinct.
    Is our instinct now to become the only one on this planet?

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Local Idiot wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2006 02:16 AM
    on the ragged edge of the world i'll roam. and the home of the wolf will be my home.
    Threads

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can spak and vice my knowlege!!!!! uh hrmhmm it is true that we have human insticts but acually caling them human instincis kinda wrong we all have the basic instisck at thats to survive be happy reproduce and look out for the ones you care for every animal hase these no matter what species but accully when you are born human do not know it most animals are born then relize that they are what they are but we humans are to smart for our own good and we adapt to well when we are born we dod not know what we are but we do not discover what we are we are told, let me explain if you take a human and stick it with a bunch of monkeys it will think that it is a monkey and will act like one and do whatever is learned so where pretty dumb animals really we say we are the smartest but ask your self "how so" now that its said chew on for awhile and think

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by FallenBabyDoll
    Everyone says that something has to do with Human Nature or instinct.
    Is that really relavent now.
    Is human instinct still relivant since now we have so many things to help us out that there seems to be a decline in our instinct.
    Is our instinct now to become the only one on this planet?
    Instinct will always be relevant. Just because we have technology, that does not mean our instinct will go away. Your instinct is our natural reaction, drive, self-defense mechanisms, and many other parts of our personalities. Some technology numbs some of our instinct, while other technology inspires it.
    Our instinct will never be the only type on instinct on the planet, so long as other species exist.

Are you sure you don't mean something else other than instinct? Yu are using it in a rather strange way...

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe he means Subconscious, and if so he is wrong. The whole point of the Subconscious is that it is not under the control of the individual, but exerts an influence on him. The Subconscious is often the reason why people behave in ways opposite of logical. These people often deny that they could not be in control of their faculties, and so are controlled by them. I am aware that I have a subconscious, and can often tell when it has placed a suggestion. These suggestions aren’t necessarily wrong, such as when I get a premonition, but should always be taken with a grain of salt.

So, to put it succinctly, yes the Instincts/Id/Subconscious are necessary, and no you could not separate them from yourself anyway, so the point is moot.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Our instincts will always be relevent, and on top of that, 2000 years and only 100 years of true civilization and prosperity is never going to erase millions of years of evolution that has been engrained into our DNA.

The day that we use both instinct and logic thought in perfect cohesion is the day we'll really realize our strength.

Local Idiot wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    on the ragged edge of the world i'll roam. and the home of the wolf will be my home.
    Threads

did anybody even read my post?? it pretty dang imprtant to the conversation ya know!!!!!!!!!!

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 01:02 PM
    Threads

If you get lost in a forest, that's when your insticts will kick in. And instincts will always be relavent, no matter what.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    I believe he means Subconscious, and if so he is wrong. The whole point of the Subconscious is that it is not under the control of the individual, but exerts an influence on him. The Subconscious is often the reason why people behave in ways opposite of logical. These people often deny that they could not be in control of their faculties, and so are controlled by them. I am aware that I have a subconscious, and can often tell when it has placed a suggestion. These suggestions aren’t necessarily wrong, such as when I get a premonition, but should always be taken with a grain of salt.

So, to put it succinctly, yes the Instincts/Id/Subconscious are necessary, and no you could not separate them from yourself anyway, so the point is moot.
    I wasn't speaking about Sub. I was speaking as a whole. As a whole the body works as a system does it not.
    As our world advances will our instinct disappear or become much more.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2013 09:29 PM
    Threads

Even though we can adapt to almost every situation, habitat, We still continue our very extisance. Even though us humans need the earth, we continue to destroy it.
    Cutting down trees faster than they can reproduce. Releasing toxic chemicals into the air. And even though we know we need these resources, we ignore the consequences.

Siggeh made by me. Taking requests ATM! =3

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-on-the-hunt
    did anybody even read my post?? it pretty dang imprtant to the conversation ya know!!!!!!!!!!
    It's really hard to read when your entire post is one huge, run-on sentence. So most people figure it's probably not that important, since the person who wrote it didn't put enough effort to make it understandable.

Also, humans don't really have instincts anymore, if I recall correctly, due to our massive brains being able to think out situations rather than have some part of us go, "No! Don't do that! Bad!"
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

We don't really have instincts anymore? the hell?

A big burly guy corners you in a bar. Fight or flight?

You see an attractive guy/girl walk past you. Where are the two parts (usually two) you'll almost unconciously notice first?

You walk down a street by yourself at night. You hear some noises from dark parts of the street, what's your first reaction? What happens to your body unconciously?

You get into a fist fight with some street punk. You throw haymakers and in close automatically attempt a head lock.

I could keep going on and on and on..

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

XD Most of those aren't instincts. Those are hormones. And those that aren't hormones have more to do with how you think. ;>

Besides, I wasn't referring to instincts like fear. More like which way to go when you get lost, sensing an oncoming earthquake, etc...
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Many of man's more redundant instincts will be shed once we take the step towards becomming the superman.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How are they not instincts?

Fight or flight is one of the most primal instincts shown on thousands of mammals.

The attractive guy/girl thing, the minds are instinctively programmed to look at certain parts of the body first, even if you don't realize it. Its an instinctual "sizing up" to determine if you would have sex with them, usually it takes a second or two and you've already made up your mind based on appearance if you would or not.

The dark street thing and hearing noises in the bushes or dark areas, you become more alert, your heart rate increases, and you are more aware of your surroundings. Another instinctual reaction because of how humans had to once live in a world where predators were everywhere and the unaware often died.

Two untrained fighters get into it on the street. Haymakers are thrown, the instinctual punch humans have everywhere. The head lock, another move humans naturally know (even little kids) something genetically engrained from the days where we had to hunt and subdue prey.

I fail to see how any of those are hormones, especially since practically everything could be classified as "hormones"

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Read "The Lord of the Flies". A great example of how barbaric mankind can be.

Humans are animals. Simple as that. We still fight for survival, just like any wild beast. At any time, instincts can take over logical thought.

We may have cool gadgets, but without them, we are basically just another creature.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ami~chan
    Read "The Lord of the Flies". A great example of how barbaric mankind can be.

Humans are animals. Simple as that. We still fight for survival, just like any wild beast. At any time, instincts can take over logical thought.

We may have cool gadgets, but without them, we are basically just another creature.
    Which is exactly why we need to overcome humanity.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 01:02 PM
    Threads

I agree with Sagat. Those are instincts. And I also agree with akari_aurion. We destroy everything.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

Instincts are something every living thing has. It kicks in when we don't know how to handle something. For example, if someone came face to face with a, uumm, snake, then your instincts would kick in. What instinct? Selfdefence. Of course, people have very deferent ideas on how to defend themselves. Some people might run away. Others might think that running away would make the snake chase them. But both of these ways are still the selfdefence instinct. Hovewer, a snake handler knows what to do, or at least how to get out with the least amount of damage. So, they would be useing there intellegence, not there instincts. Get the drift? A nother example, you lie to your teacher, and know you are almost caught. You have no idea what to do. Again, instincts kick in. What instinct? To get out of the problem with the least amount of damage. One person could come clean and tell the trueth because they think if they continue lieing, it'll only make things worser. A nother person might make up a lie on the spote and tel it because they think that they couldn't get into anymore trouble and at least this way they have a chance of geting away. Or, they ust think that they can pull it of. (Don't comment on the spelling please. I was always a bad speller.)
    Sig no longer in development...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh man plz read my origanal post it may be long but it explain's alout plz plz plz c'mon trust me >.<

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

It's not the fact that it's long. It's the fact that you've made no attempt to use proper punctuation. Like Piper said - most people don't bother to read a paragraph of writing if it's just one long unbroken sentence.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

wolf-on-the-hunt, I already read it. And I don't think that what you're talling about is instinct in general. To me, it seems like you're talking about the instinct to learn. But thats what it seem like to me.
    Sig no longer in development...

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

omg noooo!!! yea i had to read that book lord of the flies this year in my dumb english class n we had to watch the 1960's version of the movie n it sucked!!!....yea i think thers certain human qualities of instinct's we can't escape like territorial and suspection insticts like we tend to not trust certain people because of certain actions they do...except if we were liek caveman then we'd probabally have a war n try to kill eachother cause we thought what they were doing was wrong n disturbing but were more civilized today but u see how we still have that territorial instict we can't escape from....???

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

post removed for language
    Last edited by Kewii; 05-21-2006 at 07:49 PM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FallenBabyDoll
    I wasn't speaking about Sub. I was speaking as a whole. As a whole the body works as a system does it not.
    As our world advances will our instinct disappear or become much more.
    As a whole? Meaning the Whole mind?

Anyway, change the word subconscious to instinct, and the point still stands.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey what i mean is we have the basic instinct's survive reproduce and be happy but was i was saying was that most are learned....do you get it now????

Closed Thread

Thread Information