AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Punctuation Mark/Symbol

Banned Forum / Chat devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2006 02:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

My favorite is '

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 02:02 PM
    Threads

My favorite is the ?. The reason is because there are so many questions to be answered.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Dieslmannen. She is right. The comma " , " is far too often over looked. I am also partial to the semicolon " ; " <3 .

I am surprised that some of these people know what punctuation is, seeing as how many people on the net rarely even use it.

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 01:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    I am surprised that some of these people know what punctuation is, seeing as how many people on the net rarely even use it.
    That is so true. XD

I also like to use the colon ( : ) for listing purposes.

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 02:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    ...I am surprised that some of these people know what punctuation is, seeing as how many people on the net rarely even use it.
    Bingo! That was the reason for me starting this thread *LoL*

Anyway, thanks for all the replies you guys - and I once again emphasise - you must state why you have chosen the particular punctuation mark/symbol, to avoid this being spammed.

Any further posts given with no reason shall be bad repped - you have been warned! *>_>;*

Thanks again peeps,
    Sayoran ^_^

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the "*" because it can repersent so many things. Its cool looking and its easy to find on the keyboard because you always can remember it by number eight.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Offened by your face ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2006 04:43 PM
    Threads

mine has to be the ! and the ~ becaus ethere are so many things you can do with those.

Like my work? Add this to your sig! ^.^

Sea Turtle Goddess seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642 has a brilliant future seaturtle642's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2007 09:19 PM
    Threads

Mine are
    % because I think percents are cool
    @ because we use them for e-mail adresses and they're fun to make
    ~ because ,even though I don't know what they are used for, they make good decoration
    & because it's an easier way to say "and"
    Last edited by seaturtle642; 05-20-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Sig made by me. PM me if you want a free one.

Best Neji tribute----> http://youtube.com/watch?v=zB21H-BOVNU

The Fugitive J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan is a glorious beacon of light J0rdan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2007 04:01 AM
    Threads

Im like putting ... a lot
    I just like the way it sounds
    dot dot dot
    I also like using numbers instead of letters
    My favorite thing to say is probably:
    1m b0r3d
    Then there is always the symbol that looks cool
    Hold ALT, press 936 on the number pad, and let go to make it
    I can't really think of anything else that I think looks cool right now

Member Crystal~Blaze is on a distinguished road Crystal~Blaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2006 11:21 AM
    Threads

It would have to be this: > and [ I have no idea why, I just like using them..
    Crystal~Blaze

One step forward, two steps back. Yup, basic story of my life.

To avoid confusion, I'm a guy.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 12:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In no particular order:
    • :
    • -
    • \
    Don't ask about the last one. Hell, I don't even know what that's called, but I think it looks cool.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 12:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    • \
    Don't ask about the last one. Hell, I don't even know what that's called, but I think it looks cool.
    Backslash. Doesn't really have a purpose, outside of computing.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2006 12:00 AM
    Threads

I prefer dashes (-), and commas, of course. Semicolons can be used, however it's always a pain to use them properly, or in the right context for that matter. I'm also quite partial to the apostraphe ('), because no one uses it properly, and it's just quite fun to use.

People don't use puncuation on many forums or in many chats. Why? I don't know. Language is the beginning to mis-understandings. I attempt to prevent mis-interpretations before they happen.

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 11:00 PM
    Threads

Here are mine. I don't know what they mean and I don't care, but I was just exploring the keyboard one day and found them. I like them 'cuz they are different. Haha it looks like Egyptian heiroglyphics.
    ∑ π ∂ ∆ ˚ Ω ≈ √ ∫ ~ *

Oh and don't forget $$!! Haha money!!

Last edited by Aisu Hinate; 05-23-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Offened by your face ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2006 04:43 PM
    Threads

I've found the liking of using the @,^,>,~,`<,+,=,and - bottons a lot i find them ery useful also the . is a good symbol to use after every sentence.

Like my work? Add this to your sig! ^.^

Stolen Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 07:20 PM
    Threads

Oo I have a new one XD I have found new lurve for ":" Why? Because they create millions of smilies ^^; AND well they're interesting to use, having learnt to use them accuratly. My new love, but Still love Hyphens and Ellipsis <3

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 09:10 PM
    Threads

The question mark. ? = awesomeness.

I end up asking alot of questions on the internet, hence I've grown close to it.

Junior Member sailormoonfan#1 is on a distinguished road sailormoonfan#1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 06:49 PM
    Threads

My fave are ! & @
    I like this one ! because it expresses when im angry on like chats
    I Like this one & because it's a shorter way of typing and
    @ this one because i usually use it to decorate letters i write i put them all around the page.
    Last edited by sailormoonfan#1; 06-01-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Me+Music=♡ [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA] has much to be proud of [BeA]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2006 06:15 AM
    Threads

i like these but there is no order at all <33

it's a nice sign o_O

&
    i love to use it ALOT! lol

~
    same as the first time

!
    and same as the 2nd one lol
    Last edited by [BeA]; 05-24-2006 at 09:16 PM.

[not taking requests]

Member Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain is infamous around these parts Lady Rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 05:51 PM
    Threads

Hmmm. My favorite has to be the period. Basically because it seperates all of the sentences. Also, it is great use for the pauses ... <--- example ^^

Property of Memento Mori !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.! has a reputation beyond repute !.Ski Takeshi.!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2007 12:15 AM
    Threads

I like the ones that say $&*!

A Work In Progress _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 07:08 AM
    Threads

I would have to say: ;
    Because I'm one of the few who know how to use it properly. XD

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 11:12 PM
    Threads

Since there aren't any middle finger punctuation marks, I'm going with = |

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 11:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by _allismine_
    I would have to say: ;
    Because I'm one of the few who know how to use it properly. XD
    LOL yeah I just learned how to use that last year. I still like my wacked out symbols though.

A Work In Progress _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 07:08 AM
    Threads

Hey, they're not whacked out. I recognize them as parts of the Greek alphabet.

Closed Thread

Thread Information