AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Who all can program?

  1. #1
    There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gender
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    AAAAAAAA!
    Age
    28
    Threads
    163
    Posts
    9,496
    Blog Entries
    106
    Rep Power
    5827

    Default Who all can program?

    Iíve started learning how to program (Only VB.net so far) and was wondering who else on the board can program? I never thought Iíd like programming, but after taking a class Iíve found that I really like it and how intend to make it a career, as I find most other occupations undesirable.

    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

    The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

  2. #2
    Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    24,440.31
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Look behind you
    Age
    22
    Threads
    158
    Posts
    2,224
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    I've been progamming since forever. Progamming is another way I can connect to what I consider a different language.
    A languag in which even humanity has a hard time concertrating one becuase they do not understand the complications performed.


    "There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

  3. #3
    KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    28,166.05
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2013 09:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The US wannabe...Canada
    Age
    20
    Threads
    26
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    3636

    Default

    Im sorry, i have no idea how to program with VB.net... but my dad is a computer scientist who works with VB.net. So im sure he knows alot. I'll ask my dad if you need jelp. But please be specific on what you need help on. Hope i can help. ^^

    Siggeh made by me. Taking requests ATM! =3



  4. #4
    Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    316.26
    Gender
    Gifts Systems PS3 Cake Santa Hat
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2014 12:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sagittarius A*
    Age
    30
    Threads
    55
    Posts
    18,155
    Rep Power
    2397
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Ashminigun

    Default

    *joins in the frenzy...

    Let see now... so far I have some knowledge on C/C++ and VB but now it become rusty 'cause I don't use it much. However, my academic field more focused on microcontroller assembly languages like 68HC11 and VHDL which for electronic design.

    'nough said...

  5. #5
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    100,992.67
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    27
    Threads
    616
    Posts
    19,642
    Blog Entries
    619
    Rep Power
    14700

    Default

    C (4y+? experience), C++ (2y+ experience) mainly, got some rusty java skills too. And naturally also HTML, CSS, javascript, AJAX, PHP; but that's barely programming at all.

    A word of advice, stay away from anything that has "basic" in it (eg. VBScript, VB(.net), ASP and so forth) You will regret ever learning it when you start learning a real programming language like C++ or Java, it will give you so many bad (and hard to break) habits, it's almost rediculous. Python is a far better beginner's language if you ask me.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-04-2006 at 11:29 AM.

  6. #6
    Member lucifer_ur_god is on a distinguished road lucifer_ur_god's Avatar
    Gil
    1,954.26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2006 10:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nc,nj
    Age
    24
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    T-T i only know html and Java


    sig made by Chibi Fire Angel...thanx your the greatest

    any vampires that see this PM me...i have an idea

    "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" Behold I am Lucifer. Bow down to me you inferior mortals or fall victim to my blade.

  7. #7
    This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    16,570.55
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas.
    Age
    24
    Threads
    63
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    4709

    Default

    Well, based on what i've seen of C++, it kinda looks like Uscript. I can Uscript pretty well. Maybe i'll take some time to learn C++. I take a lot of time messing with files on the games i have, editing them, and looking at their structures. I guess i know a little programing.

    This signature contains nothing.




    Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09


  8. #8
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Okay, I started programming in Atari Basic when I was 6 years old.. It was a great beginner language for me.. I've been working in various other languages since then...

    Including (but not limited to)
    C/C++
    Java
    PHP
    C# ( <-- Currently in high demand, and what I'm earning my living doing )
    Visual Basic (old style and .NET)
    Assembler (For the Atari first, and a bit for my old 8088, and for 8086 Mainframes)

    And on top of these, I'm extremely familiar with Javascript (and HTML, which may not be programming, but it's a language of its own)

    Visual Basic is a great way to get your start in the concepts of programming.. With 6.0, you really had to go into it understanding that you were playing with a scripting language, not really anything that Microsoft tried for it to be. However, .NET is actually object oriented (GASP!) and is a perfect transitional language to get you started. The obvious direction from there is to go Java, because .NET is so similar to it.. C/C++ is the easiest to really screw up in, and as such can be the toughest at times...


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  9. #9
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    100,992.67
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    27
    Threads
    616
    Posts
    19,642
    Blog Entries
    619
    Rep Power
    14700

    Default

    Have been waiting all day for you to post Member Name so we can have our regular language/os/whatever-computer-related war.

    Havn't got time to write any longer post here, but let me just cut it short: Any language that _isn't_ case sensitive, that's not a very good beginner's language.

  10. #10
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Sure, why start with learning concepts when you can waste all your time making not only logic errors, but also capitalization errors?

    Seriously, it's smart to start out where you can focus just on logic. When you get past that, and you have a good understanding of how the logic works, then you can find where you mess up by missing a semicolon or something equally as frustrating.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  11. #11
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    100,992.67
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    27
    Threads
    616
    Posts
    19,642
    Blog Entries
    619
    Rep Power
    14700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Sure, why start with learning concepts when you can waste all your time making not only logic errors, but also capitalization errors?

    Seriously, it's smart to start out where you can focus just on logic. When you get past that, and you have a good understanding of how the logic works, then you can find where you mess up by missing a semicolon or something equally as frustrating.
    But starting in a forgiving language means you will have to re-learn large portions of your knowledge. That isn't very smart, if you ask me, when you can start learning a language with C-like syntax, sure, the first step may be a tad steep, but once you've grasped it, you've grasped the syntax of a bunch of other languages as well. This is programming, not kindergarten. A bit discipline is to be expected.

    As for logic, that is why every programmer needs a good foundation in math. Logic-wise: Everything you need, and more.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-04-2006 at 04:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    To the contrary, not everyone can just jump into that much attention to detail. Remember, there's a reason Windows is popular, and it's not just for the non-developers. In fact, more and more developers I know are going beyond Windows, to the absolute extreme, and going for Macintosh.

    It's because it's long since the days of hand pumping your water from the well. We have computers to do things for us, and software developers know laziness better than anyone else. This is why you begin at a high level, and work your way down. The more you understand, the better you are at it.

    Sounds like the problem you have is that you (or perhaps just your friends) don't know how to keep working your way to lower levels. If you keep bad habits when learning a new language, then you should try working your way more slowly. The natural progression today would be
    VB.NET to Java to C++

    I don't deny that Visual Basic makes ugly code. I don't deny that it's not the best language at all. But to say that Python is where you should start? Please. You're being naive. That's the same sort of logic that people use when they say that Firefox is better than IE6. When Firefox is not only as secure as Internet Explorer, it's also slower, and has just as many memory leaks.

    Plain and simple, Basic is not something to be ashamed or afraid of. It's called "Basic" for a reason. It does what it does very well. Don't go stomping on someone else's flower bed because you don't like the soil they plant in.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  13. #13
    This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    35,474.10
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Threads
    13
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    The only programming knowledge I have is some slight experience in Visual Basic, and that's only because I'm required to use it as part as my course (until next year of course). I'm not sure if I want to take up programming however, as I'm only slightly interested in it at the moment.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.


  14. #14
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    100,992.67
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    27
    Threads
    616
    Posts
    19,642
    Blog Entries
    619
    Rep Power
    14700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    To the contrary, not everyone can just jump into that much attention to detail. Remember, there's a reason Windows is popular, and it's not just for the non-developers. In fact, more and more developers I know are going beyond Windows, to the absolute extreme, and going for Macintosh.
    Yeah, well, people do all sorts of dumb stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    It's because it's long since the days of hand pumping your water from the well. We have computers to do things for us, and software developers know laziness better than anyone else. This is why you begin at a high level, and work your way down. The more you understand, the better you are at it.
    VB isn't even particularly high level, it's just programming for dumb and/or lazy people (or people who don't know any better). Sure, it has gotten better with .NET, but it's still not highest in the abstraction scale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Sounds like the problem you have is that you (or perhaps just your friends) don't know how to keep working your way to lower levels. If you keep bad habits when learning a new language, then you should try working your way more slowly. The natural progression today would be
    VB.NET to Java to C++
    Python, C, Java, C++ I would say... Optionally skipping Java. Depends on if you plan on doing a lot of simulations that require fancy graphs or not (come on, it's the only thing people use java for these days .

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    I don't deny that Visual Basic makes ugly code. I don't deny that it's not the best language at all. But to say that Python is where you should start? Please. You're being naive. That's the same sort of logic that people use when they say that Firefox is better than IE6. When Firefox is not only as secure as Internet Explorer, it's also slower, and has just as many memory leaks.
    You're omiting FF's cool extensions.

    Python is the ideal language for teaching beginners programming. It has most of the features a modern language has, and it doesen't damage your brain. Simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Plain and simple, Basic is not something to be ashamed or afraid of. It's called "Basic" for a reason. It does what it does very well. Don't go stomping on someone else's flower bed because you don't like the soil they plant in.
    Had basic just had semicolons at the end of lines, less verbal code ("EnD iF" -> "}") and case sensitivity, and you might just find me using it. Until that day, I'm going to keep calling it a digital cancer.

  15. #15
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Yeah, well, people do all sorts of dumb stuff.
    Opinion. In fact, your opinion vs. the opinions of many others. You're outvoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    VB isn't even particularly high level, it's just programming for dumb and/or lazy people (or people who don't know any better). Sure, it has gotten better with .NET, but it's still not highest in the abstraction scale.
    Look up the term. VB embodies the definition of high level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Python, C, Java, C++ I would say... Optionally skipping Java. Depends on if you plan on doing a lot of simulations that require fancy graphs or not (come on, it's the only thing people use java for these days .
    Yeah, look at the job listings for how many people want Java developers. Now it looks like you're outvoted on how much Java is being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Python is the ideal language for teaching beginners programming. It has most of the features a modern language has, and it doesen't damage your brain. Simple as that.
    Features like.. You write code, and the computer interprets the code written, and does something in response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Had basic just had semicolons at the end of lines, less verbal code ("EnD iF" -> "}") and case sensitivity, and you might just find me using it. Until that day, I'm going to keep calling it a digital cancer.
    This, folks, is what is known as "bigotry". She doesn't like it because it's different.
    Seems like you're the one with brain damage.


    Besides, Visual Basic can't cause bad habits that are so tough to get out of. After all, their standards change yearly. They don't give you enough time to keep any habits.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  16. #16
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    100,992.67
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    27
    Threads
    616
    Posts
    19,642
    Blog Entries
    619
    Rep Power
    14700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Opinion. In fact, your opinion vs. the opinions of many others. You're outvoted.
    Yes, because 100,000 lemmings can never be wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Look up the term. VB embodies the definition of high level.
    Look up the term. VB is a high level language. But there are languages that are higher, LOGO for instance. VB-.NET (note the - before .NET,as in notdotnet) is for an instance procedure based. That's relatively low level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Yeah, look at the job listings for how many people want Java developers. Now it looks like you're outvoted on how much Java is being used.
    It's not bad to know java, no, but it depends on where you want to go with your programming. If you learn C++ first, you will pick up java in a jiffy if you'll ever need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Features like.. You write code, and the computer interprets the code written, and does something in response?
    It has an interpeter, yes... not seeing your point? You can use python to learn procedure based programming, OOP, AOP, most of the basic concepts in programming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Besides, Visual Basic can't cause bad habits that are so tough to get out of. After all, their standards change yearly. They don't give you enough time to keep any habits.
    I mEaN HaBitS lIkE iGnoRinG cAsE...

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. What'z the best editing song program?
    By Kurumirina in forum J-pop/rock (and other music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 07:46 PM
  2. Is Photoshop the program to use?
    By Velvet_Nightmare in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts