AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Real or Fake?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's real.

3 37.50%
  • No, I don't think so.

4 50.00%
  • What?

1 12.50%
  • Whatever.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread

Thread: The Zero-Year Curse: Your Thoughts...

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up The Zero-Year Curse: Your Thoughts...

To those of you who have studied hard in history class, you will all know about the "Zero-Year Curse". It has brought about the death of a U.S. president, while in office, every twenty years. This curse was [supposedly] brought about by an angered Shawnee indian, whose brother, a chief, died at the hands of Harrison's soldiers. He [supposedly] took twenty stones and, with curse set, threw them into a fire. Do you believe, or not? Here are the fallen presidents of different years...(Note: 'While in office means while they were presidents, not literally in their office...Just in case some were confused. >_>;; I hope you won't be.)

1840: William Henry Harrison: Died 1841 due to pneumonia; Got pneumonia from the longest inaguration speech in harsh weather (Washington D.C.) The speech was TWO HOURS long. Died in office.

1860: Abraham Lincoln: Assassinated April 14, 1865 while in office.

1880: James Abram Garfield: Assassinated July 2, 1881 while in office.

1900: William McKinly: Assassinated September 6, 1901 while in office.

1920: Warren Gamaliel Harding: Died due to food poisoning August 21, 1923 while in office.

1940: Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Died due to a stroke on April 12, 1945 while in office. His medical records are missing.

1960: John Fitzgerald Kennedy: Assassinated November 22, 1963 while in office.

1980: Ronald Wilson Reagan: Assassination attempt March 30, 1981. Miraculously pulled through. His living through the zero-year curse was thought to be the end of it.

Well, it's 2006, and President Bush is in his second term of office. Will he, too, fall victim of the curse? Or will he escape Tecumseh's wrath?
    Now, it is time for your opinions.
    1) Do you think the curse is for real?

2) Will Bush get through two more years in office, or will he, as presidents that befell the zero-year curse before him, die?

Junior Member Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399 is infamous around these parts Kittylover9399's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2006 07:13 PM
    Threads

OMG!
    1. After seeing and reading all of this yes I believe in this horrid curse
    2. Bush doesn't seem to be sick but you don't know what could happen especially with all the crazy people about counting ones who HATE bush.

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

I think it's called "Tecumsah's Curse," after the actual Native American who "called it." And I'm pretty sure that Reagan broke the curse...he didn't die in office, but a good fifteen years after leaving the White House. So, to all of you Bush-Bashers, don't get your hopes up.

So basically, yeah, I believe in the curse, and I also believe that it was broken by Reagan...he was shot, yes, but he didn't die.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. Bush himself broke the curse. If your 'curse' held any water, Bush would have died in 2000. He didn't. Your 'curse' is just some bored people trying to use the past to explain what's happening today.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Maganda talaga Lunamaria is just really nice Lunamaria is just really nice Lunamaria is just really nice Lunamaria is just really nice Lunamaria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2006 11:24 PM
    Threads

If your spelling is right then that's the name of my old school.

No, I don't believe in that curse, it could have been some sort of coincidence. Besides, everyone wants to assasinate the president.

Sora and Kairi 4ever!!

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089
    I think it's called "Tecumsah's Curse," after the actual Native American who "called it." And I'm pretty sure that Reagan broke the curse...he didn't die in office, but a good fifteen years after leaving the White House.

The curse has two names. More people likely use 'Tecumseh's Curse', but the 'Zero-Year Curse' was what I learned of. They're the same, so I won't argue about it.

And to Opinionated:
    1) Ronald Reagan broke the curse, not Bush. And the presidents did not immediatly die. If you looked at the dates of their deaths, with the exception of Harrison, then you would have seen that some did not die until a year or more after they took office.

2) The curse isn't explaining what's happening today, but what has HAPPENED since 1840-1980. The 'Zero-Year Curse' (also known as 'Tecumseh's Curse') probably was made up to explain the coincidental oddities of these presidents who died after they were elected on the zero year. I must have typed it wrong in the first post. Pardon me for the mix up, if any.
    Last edited by Bucky Katt; 04-24-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information