AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Step in and take action NOW

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 07:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Talking Step in and take action NOW

I was just thinking about to, so many people (Including I) complain about the government, this may not apply for all countries, but here in the US f you have something to say, you shouldn't just sit there and complain. My english teacher was telling us about something, and she told us that if we wanted to, to write a letter to the seneter, This is completely voluntary, so she put up the letter format on the board, only 2 people, went up to copy it down. But, when she let people read they journals, nearly EVERYONE said that what is going on isn't right and SHOULD stop, But if no one takes action then it won't happen, so I'm writing a letter, axplaining tha I know what is going on, And i WANT something done about it, I may be young, But I Am still an American I still have the right to say what I want. I am going to type the letter today, and give it o my teacher tommorow, she has to read it to make sure we aren't sending death threats or anything. So, who agrees with me? People should get off their lazy... *Butts* and do something!
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

Yes, I agree with you, Vendetta. You show more dedication and determination, at such a young age, than most of the lazy adults that I know. In 2000 year, I went, with a local volunteer organiztion, to people's houses, to encourage them to get up and vote, in the Kerry vs Bush election. The organization was passing stuff out, in favor of Kerry and the Democrats. I am an Independent, myself, so I could care less about supporting Kerry, or Supporting Bush; I just want these cry-babies to get up and vote. We arrived at an apartment complex, and met a few people. When we offered them information about the election and a flyer, they said that they wanted nothing to do with the election. That it was a waste of their time, and who they wanted to win wouldn't win. All that whinning and moaning about how bad Bush is, and those jerks won't even TRY to change anything? How can you complain about someone or something, and yet, you don't try to do anything proactive to improve the situation? That seriously ticked me off. Bush won, of course, and if those people don't like it, then they just have to deal with it and shut up; they have no right to complain.

Well, that was just a long example, but, in general, people should do more to improve THEIR community. Get out and vote, write a senator, go to town meetings, blah blah blah, do something! I'll get to vote next year, and I'll be sure to go out and rock the polls.
    Last edited by Music Fiend; 04-20-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Well, while I completely support and encourage people to actually get involved and do something about things that bother you, there is something that is very important before you do this.

Make sure you have all the information involved. I URGE you, don't go out and make a fool of yourself until you're certain that you know the whole story. Consider all the consequences of the change you are proposing. These days, everyone wants to be an activist. I've even seen a rally where people urge everyone to stop washing their hands, because after all, bacteria are living things too. Be prepared to have your views challenged, and be ready to challenge back. But don't be afraid to open your mind to opposing views.. After all, just because you disagree doesn't mean that one of you is wrong..

That being said, please do get involved. That's the freedom that we have, so exercise it.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member Dmeth will become famous soon enough Dmeth will become famous soon enough Dmeth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2006 01:28 PM
    Threads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    I was just thinking about to, so many people (Including I) complain about the government, this may not apply for all countries, but here in the US f you have something to say, you shouldn't just sit there and complain. My english teacher was telling us about something, and she told us that if we wanted to, to write a letter to the seneter, This is completely voluntary, so she put up the letter format on the board, only 2 people, went up to copy it down. But, when she let people read they journals, nearly EVERYONE said that what is going on isn't right and SHOULD stop, But if no one takes action then it won't happen, so I'm writing a letter, axplaining tha I know what is going on, And i WANT something done about it, I may be young, But I Am still an American I still have the right to say what I want. I am going to type the letter today, and give it o my teacher tommorow, she has to read it to make sure we aren't sending death threats or anything. So, who agrees with me? People should get off their lazy... *Butts* and do something!
    What are you talking about specificly? I can tell that whatever is "not right" Is somthing in the government that you do not agree with but you neglected to mention what it was... ...I think..

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Yes, finally someone mature here. I turned 18 last year, and I've yet to vote in any election. But I am registered, and I do sign petitions when asked...as long as I agree with what it's petitioning for. I met the mayor of my city last year, and he was a really great guy. Made me wish *cough* other political figures were that dedicated.

Did you hear about the Secretary of the Press resigning? And then Bush gave a press conference about how he will choose a replacement that HE feels is right. >.< Yeah, like he had such great success with things like that in the past. *coughsupremecourtnominationscough* We've yet to find a new judge as far as I know. But that press conference....he was able to reveal more information than the press secretary had in his 3 years in office. Hello? Is anyone home?

I will vote in the 2008 elections. I am deeply concerned on who we pick. It will be a great election, because the candidates will have an equal chance of winning. I hate that past presidents almost always get reelected. >>

In the meantime, I think I'll continue to keep my eye out on issues I feel strongly about. *coughgaymarriagecough* Ain't no constituional amendmant banning that gonna be passed if I have anything to say about it.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Capernicus, you obviously don't know the entire Secretary of Defense scandal, do you? Condoleza (Or however you spell her name) was given false information by the GERMANS. The German government, along with the RUSSIAN republic, gave us the information regarding Iraq and the weapons of mass distruction. If you want to act "mature", read what Member Name stated. Don't act unless you know the ENTIRE story. Obviously, you don't.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Krsnik
    Capernicus, you obviously don't know the entire Secretary of Defense scandal, do you? Condoleza (Or however you spell her name) was given false information by the GERMANS. The German government, along with the RUSSIAN republic, gave us the information regarding Iraq and the weapons of mass distruction. If you want to act "mature", read what Member Name stated. Don't act unless you know the ENTIRE story. Obviously, you don't.
    What? No need to be so condescending. I didn't say I knew jack squat about the scandal, I just said I saw that he resigned. I saw some of his press conferences too in the past, and he mostly seemed like he dodged questions. Referred them to other heads of departments. >.< Why don't you just calm down, eh?

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Oh, i'm calm, dude. Sorry if you mistook me for something other than that. >_>; I didn't mean to come across like that. It's just a big, big, common misconception. If you're talking about Collen Powell, he deserved what was given to him. Honestly. However, that doesn't mean that the facts he was given were true, either.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No, I was talking about the Secretary of the Press. Some guy, I don't know his name. I didn't say anything about that chick you mentioned, or Collen Powell. Didn't he resign too a while back?

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm lost. I see a whole lot of talking here and very little facts being shown. What is being done thats wrong? whats so bad? what do you know? You are saying that you know what the government is doing, like its hiding something from you.

No crap the president will choose someone that he feels is right, THATS HIS ELECTED JOB. Holy cow, now we're just trying to find reasons to criticise him. Thats seriously rediculious.

Marriage is not a right, its a social definition that gets governmental tax benefits. The society as a whole has to define whether or not gay, straight, or cross species marriage is acceptable. Talk to the people around you, they're the ones voting it down, not the president.

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

I praise you Vendetta of actually getting up and taking some sort of action, but sadly an angry letter usually doesn't get you anywhere - that's why when I'm slightly older I am hopeing to getting involved in some more extreme political groups, assuming the UK gets into the state I predict...

But basically Vendetta you are right: if you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem.

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako
    No crap the president will choose someone that he feels is right, THATS HIS ELECTED JOB. Holy cow, now we're just trying to find reasons to criticise him. Thats seriously rediculious.
    I may be wrong, but I thought it was the president's job to nominate a qualified candidate who will best serve the interests of the country, and who will uphold the constitution as set by the founding fathers, not just WHO HE WANTS. That would be bordering on lobbying.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 04-20-2006 at 05:07 PM.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

thta whats happening, people just whining up even me, but when comes to action i get lazy, but if i see there are others to support me i will take action.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    I may be wrong, but I thought it was the president's job to nominate a qualified candidate who will best serve the interests of the country, and who will uphold the constitution as set by the founding fathers, not just WHO HE WANTS. That would be bordering on lobbying.
    Well, yes. But the President's beliefs will affect how he feels is best for the country. That's why the Presidential candidates' beliefs are so important in an election. The idea is that the President appoints people who support his beliefs, so you vote for a candidate that shares opinions with you on the big issues.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but the Founding Fathers also intended for the position of Vice President to be filled by the next runner-up on the ballot. It didn't happen. The Founding Fathers were smart, but figured that the leaders elected would be like them and be more patriot then partisan. So basically, the Founding Fathers were overly idealistic at times.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dmeth
    What are you talking about specificly? I can tell that whatever is "not right" Is somthing in the government that you do not agree with but you neglected to mention what it was... ...I think..
    I purposely left that out, because that is not the point of the thread, I don't want for people to only talk about that one matter, and that is why I didn't say it, I may make a thread being specific later, But for now I dont' think I will....

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Make sure you have all the information involved. I URGE you, don't go out and make a fool of yourself until you're certain that you know the whole story. Consider all the consequences of the change you are proposing. These days, everyone wants to be an activist. But don't be afraid to open your mind to opposing views.. After all, just because you disagree doesn't mean that one of you is wrong..

That being said, please do get involved. That's the freedom that we have, so exercise it.
    I have only been researching for 2 days, But I have seen plenty. You don't know how mature, intellegent, and informed I can appear, If I'm this dedicated, and want this so much.JNow, I don't now everlst detail, But I know a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayoran
    I praise you Vendetta of actually getting up and taking some sort of action, but sadly an angry letter usually doesn't get you anywhere - that's why when I'm slightly older I am hopeing to getting involved in some more extreme political groups, assuming the UK gets into the state I predict...

But basically Vendetta you are right: if you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem.

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^
    I am not writing an angry letter, Like I said, I am saying I know what is happeneing, I know I don't like it, And I know something should be done... And If you all think I know some top-secret crap, no... It just takes some research to find out much about it, It's not like on the news...
    Last edited by Vendetta; 04-20-2006 at 06:53 PM.
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Who the president would think would be "right" would be the most qualified candidate who supported his views and would best serve the intrests of the country in that way, that would be who they would want. So they are quite one in the same. That sentence you're saying is hypocritical in itself.

This is just another blindly bashing Bush thread. yeay

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

So what if it is? Let the good times roll

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Who the president would think would be "right" would be the most qualified candidate who supported his views and would best serve the intrests of the country in that way, that would be who they would want. So they are quite one in the same. That sentence you're saying is hypocritical in itself.

OK.... This is NOT I reapeat NOT A BUSH BASHING THREAD I can't stress that enough, one of my older threads turned into a Bush Bashing one, This is for intelligent people, that know what the hell they are saying, not for critisizing weather not, or wheather they like the president. I am SICK of people constantly bringing up how much they dislike him. So, if you want to 'Bash Bush' DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE, because If I see you flooding a good thread such as this with trash like that, I WILL bad rep you... And that is for everyone!
    Last edited by Vendetta; 04-20-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Set made by me

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OK.... This is NOT I reapeat NOT A BUSH BASHING THREAD I can't stress that enough, one of my older threads turned into a Bush Bashing one, This is for intelligent people, that know what the hell they are saying, not for critisizing weather not, or wheather they like the president. I am SICK of people constantly bringing up how much they dislike him. So, if you want to 'Bash Bush' DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE, because If I see you flooding a good thread such as this with trash like that, I WILL bad rep you... And that is for everyone!
    You are the one telling us that if we have a problem with our government we should do something about it. Bush is the government. 1 + 1 = 2. Even if you didn’t intend to single the Republicans out, that’s what it appeared to be to a neutral outsider.

And honestly, (many) Senators don't care what you have to say unless you donate to their campaign, or otherwise help them. That goes double if you ask them to do something that goes against party line. There are very few people in government that actually vote for their conscience, most vote with the pack. Your English teacher isn't a realist.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My english teacher may not be actaully doing anything, But she IS showing us how to act when we are older, So, no't say things because you don't know her, even though this may not change the situation, She is still telling us, that if enought people try, we can do something. No matter what you think, I will always believe that.
    Set made by me

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My english teacher may not be actaully doing anything, But she IS showing us how to act when we are older, So, no't say things because you don't know her, even though this may not change the situation, She is still telling us, that if enought people try, we can do something. No matter what you think, I will always believe that.
    I believe large numbers of people can affect change. It's called a rebellion.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

thats call idealism, and is very rarely what happens. Hollywood would love for you to believe that in the end the pieces fall together and everything will just work out the way you want it and that of course will be the right way.

In the real world, this is not so. Writing letters will do little to none, and in truth the electoral college negates any vote you may have as well. You're actually voting for the electoral college to vote a certain way and in the end they don't have to do that ANYWAY. Idealism comes easy to the young. You're filled with "OH YOU can be the ONE person to make a massive difference and change the world".

Just by seeing what you're teacher has told you, its quite easy to come to the conclusion that they are an idealist. We don't have to "know" her to see that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I actaully don't think the senator would give a *cough* crap... But, I'm still trying... I don't care if I do nothing.. But, Atleast I can say I tried, unlike the lazy people who sit on their couches eating icecream, watching the news and saying, "How in the world could they do that?!"
    Set made by me

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

First, I would like to state for the record that I am not bashing Bush. Quite the contrary, had I been old enough to vote in the '04 elections (1 year away from 18! >.<) I would pobably have voted for him too. He had experience, which almost always outweighs any political fame.

Second, I would also like to assert that what you say is true: the pesident chooses the most qualified and just candidates....assuming he is knows exactly what that is. I have nothing against Bush, I like the guy (he takes most of the heat for the mistakes of his inferiors), but you must admit he screwed up pretty badly with Iraq and Bin Laden. I wouldn't blame him if he was way out of touch with the American people right now with all the things that are on his plate. He's got the worst job: no matter what he does, one group will hate him for it. Being a politician sucks.

Out of respect to Vendetta, I'll get back on topic here. I'm not 100% on these figures (and please correct me if you happen to know the real ones), but I thinks it's somewhere around 60% of the population that is elligible to vote but do not. And out of that 40% that does, about half voted for him. So, Bush is a president that was placed in office by 20% of the population (again, I'm not bashing Bush). What does that say about us as Americans? We are just too lazy to get involved, blaming everything that is wrong with our country on one group or another. Why do we play the blame game? For all our hype about democracy, we sure don't practice it much here. So how is it that we can teach other countries about it? What did we do, give them our civics books? The non-voting population is a very diverse crowd, ranging from young college students like me who ignore those deemed "overly political" to those baby boomers who feel out of touch with current issues. Why do people choose to let others make the decisions they have every right, nay, the rsponsibility, to make themselves? It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 04-21-2006 at 01:01 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information