AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Avatar tutorial on Textures, Gradient Fills, and lighteffect textures

Hybrid View

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

Default Avatar tutorial on Textures, Gradient Fills, and lighteffect textures

I've always been asked a lot by others here, "how do I make my avatars?" So
    this is one of the ways of making a nice avatar. Of course I think this one is a simple style.

But please, you don't need to have the same picture, texture. gradient fill, and light effect textures.
    This tutorial covers:

- Textures
    - gradient fills
    - Light effect textures

In this tutorial, we will be making this avy:

1. Okay, first take out your picture and resize to what you want it to be.
    And of course I'll be using this picture http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/pmk/14.jpg

From Animevisions.net.

2. And open a new document of 100x100. And paste it on. The Sharpen it 1-2 times. If it's too sharp go to Edit>Fade Sharpen.

3. Then grab yourself a nice little pattern that would match it. (hint you should really think over the color scheme of your avy, makes it easier for you to chose what gradient fill, and texture to use).
    But for this, I'm using this one rite here from Ashke Icons.

And put it on 'Overlay' Opacity 100%.

4. Then grab a light effect texture, yet again I use this one by Ashke Icons.

And put that one on 'Screen' Opacity 69%.

5. Then I grab a 'Soft' light texture from 77words.

And put that on 'Overlay' 100% Looking good so far, ne?

6. Then Duplicate your Main picture and put it on top of everything else. And put that on 'Screen' Opacity 29%.

7. Then make a new layer and fill it with this color #C9CA8F, 'Multipy' Opacity 61%.

8. Then again copy your Main picture and put that on top of everything, and chage that layer mode to 'Softlight' Opacity 29%.

9. And here comes the another Texture to use.

And I just filp it to Horizonal, since I think it'll look nice that way.^^;
    And put that on 'Multipy' Opacity 100%. If you want, I erase a bit of it on the left side (after flipping it). Since it was kind of dark for me. X_x;

Then you're practically done. You can add some small texts and some words also a border if you want, like what I did. =3

Heres the picture of what the layers look like at the end. Of course I dont normally name the layers. >_>; Imma a lazy bum, but for this, I named them..

Final product:

Ta-dah! Done. Hope you like this simple Avatar tutorial.

Here are some other results:

But please, this is just a guide to making these. You dont need to use the same textures and color scheme. Play around with the modes and such. =3
    Hope you like the tutorial folks! ^_^

Plz post your comments and results! XD
    Last edited by Taikyo; 04-19-2006 at 04:48 AM.

~~*BaCk! *~~ Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2007 09:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Nice Tut Sis!! gonna post like that someday in here...heheh( Outcome from ur tut)
    Visit!
    Fan Of

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^^; heheh, well for people that dont know what textures are and dont know where to get some, heres a good site to look at.

http://www.hybrid-genesis.net/indexxx.html

Of course, you gotta re-size 'em. Since they're own is like super huge. O.o;; But they gots good Icon brushes.

~~*BaCk! *~~ Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Tai...heheh just copied some from ur textures....here is my outcome....Cool ^_^

Visit!
    Fan Of

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

O.o not bad. But you can erase some parts of it, or lessen the Opacity. Looks kind of dark. But not bad. ^__^ And thanks for posting your results. =3

Heres another result of this tutorial:
    Yes, again, another Peace Maker Picture I used. <3

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

some mad skill going on there tai keep it up.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

nice work there Sis ^_^ Gonna make more soon hehehe If I have free time again....
    Visit!
    Fan Of

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

Hmm here's my result X__X

Oh yeah Tai... er... should you state that the avy would look better if the stating pic is in grayscale/black and white? I've tried both and changing the pic to grayscale would look better for the avy >_>
    Last edited by kaisen; 04-21-2006 at 12:55 AM.

[Dead yet Alive] [Now known as Yuuiki or SansAmour on GE]
    Come [ v i s i t! ]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kaisen
    Hmm here's my result X__X

Oh yeah Tai... er... should you state that the avy would look better if the stating pic is in grayscale/black and white? I've tried both and changing the pic to grayscale would look better for the avy >_>
    O.o; well it works both ways for me. Guess it depends on what textures you used. But for that one on the tutorials, its greyscaled. ^^; But yanno, the KH one is colored. So it depends. XD (has dl too many avy icon textures for own good..X_x)

Senior Member kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen has a reputation beyond repute kaisen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2012 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yuuiki90

Yeah I can see that the KH one is different xP (I know what ya mean lol ^^; I also downloaded too many textures X___x ... over 200 O.o)

Another result of the tut >_>;

[Dead yet Alive] [Now known as Yuuiki or SansAmour on GE]
    Come [ v i s i t! ]

DarkPrinceBman <3 U stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2006 11:55 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Spiffing. A tut for avies, just what i needed. XD Thanks Tai. ^_^

Right, so i actually have not much idea what is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikyo
    - Textures
    - gradient fills
    - Light effect textures
    But i got some ideas from the the tut, and so working with the gradient tool, i came up with this avy. ^_^

Whadaya think?

Awesome sig+avy set made by [kaisen] <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatize
    Spiffing. A tut for avies, just what i needed. XD Thanks Tai. ^_^

Right, so i actually have not much idea what is:

But i got some ideas from the the tut, and so working with the gradient tool, i came up with this avy. ^_^

Whadaya think?
    Ohh nice results. ^_^ But yanno you'll get used to those things. Trust me, when i first started making these things, i was like "..." what are those. but avatar makers use a lot of those. @_@ Especially the textures, but there are sometimes I dont use'em..forgot which ones were those. Anyways, Stig where you got your picture of Hitsugay dressed like that? XD I was looking everywhere for pictures of those..O.O no really everywhere.

DarkPrinceBman <3 U stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2006 11:55 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyo
    Ohh nice results. ^_^ But yanno you'll get used to those things. Trust me, when i first started making these things, i was like "..." what are those. but avatar makers use a lot of those. @_@ Especially the textures, but there are sometimes I dont use'em..forgot which ones were those. Anyways, Stig where you got your picture of Hitsugay dressed like that? XD I was looking everywhere for pictures of those..O.O no really everywhere.
    Hee..thanks. I'm really grateful for your tutorial here, because my avies sucked like hell. But i can't really picture so many layers used for just one avatar.

The Hitsugaya pic? I Googled it, actually. ^_^

Awesome sig+avy set made by [kaisen] <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatize
    Hee..thanks. I'm really grateful for your tutorial here, because my avies sucked like hell. But i can't really picture so many layers used for just one avatar.

The Hitsugaya pic? I Googled it, actually. ^_^
    Hey np. ^^ Just glad to help people here make better avatars. XD

Maybe I should make a tutorial on coloring B&W manga scans for your avies. ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information