I've always been asked a lot by others here, "how do I make my avatars?" So
this is one of the ways of making a nice avatar. Of course I think this one is a simple style.
But please, you don't need to have the same picture, texture. gradient fill, and light effect textures.
This tutorial covers:
- gradient fills
- Light effect textures
In this tutorial, we will be making this avy:
1. Okay, first take out your picture and resize to what you want it to be.
And of course I'll be using this picture http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/pmk/14.jpg
2. And open a new document of 100x100. And paste it on. The Sharpen it 1-2 times. If it's too sharp go to Edit>Fade Sharpen.
3. Then grab yourself a nice little pattern that would match it. (hint you should really think over the color scheme of your avy, makes it easier for you to chose what gradient fill, and texture to use).
But for this, I'm using this one rite here from Ashke Icons.
And put it on 'Overlay' Opacity 100%.
4. Then grab a light effect texture, yet again I use this one by Ashke Icons.
And put that one on 'Screen' Opacity 69%.
5. Then I grab a 'Soft' light texture from 77words.
And put that on 'Overlay' 100% Looking good so far, ne?
6. Then Duplicate your Main picture and put it on top of everything else. And put that on 'Screen' Opacity 29%.
7. Then make a new layer and fill it with this color #C9CA8F, 'Multipy' Opacity 61%.
8. Then again copy your Main picture and put that on top of everything, and chage that layer mode to 'Softlight' Opacity 29%.
9. And here comes the another Texture to use.
And I just filp it to Horizonal, since I think it'll look nice that way.^^;
And put that on 'Multipy' Opacity 100%. If you want, I erase a bit of it on the left side (after flipping it). Since it was kind of dark for me. X_x;
Then you're practically done. You can add some small texts and some words also a border if you want, like what I did. =3
Heres the picture of what the layers look like at the end. Of course I dont normally name the layers. >_>; Imma a lazy bum, but for this, I named them..
Ta-dah! Done. Hope you like this simple Avatar tutorial.
Here are some other results:
But please, this is just a guide to making these. You dont need to use the same textures and color scheme. Play around with the modes and such. =3
Hope you like the tutorial folks! ^_^
Plz post your comments and results! XD