AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: First 3D attempt. *minor content warning*

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default First 3D attempt. *minor content warning*

Before I begin...The image I used was from a Doujin cover, so I only used the laughing man logo to censor Tsunades nipples (thats all that was showing, don't worry the rest is clean...and I was too lazy to edit over them >_>)
    I just got Bryce the other day, and after spending some time on tutorial sites and messing around in the program, I think I have the basics down now. I used PS to highten the 3D renders.
    Crituqes welcome.

Keep in mind...This is my first time rendering 3D things, as basic as they are, So I "Might" have went a little crazy with it >_>

Oh, and if you want the not....laughing man version, PM me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsunadewall-animeforumcopy.jpg‎
Views:	667
Size:	999.1 KB
ID:	10170  

Senior Member Foxxer will become famous soon enough Foxxer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 05:20 PM
    Threads

I think the use of the Laughing Man logo is hilarious.

Pretty background, and nice composition to the image.

The filmstrip at left is covered slightly by the background, and that looks wrong, especially since the highlighting around the black makes it look like the filmstrip has some substance to it. I recommend turning off the transparency on the filmstrip.

The woman's arms and head are a little washed out against the background, and she's not as sharp as the background, which makes her a little bit lost against it. I recommend sharpening her just a bit and turning up the contrast and/or saturation slightly to draw more attention to her.

The text is almost completely lost against the background. Maybe make it somewhat larger, or bold? Just make sure the text doesn't draw too much attention to itself.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ok, Made some changes (i made this wallpaper between 12 and night and 5 in the morning, I was coherent >_>)

I took the filmstrip out, I just put it there to try something new..failed >_>
    I was just looking for something to Fill up some space, but I like it better with the film strip gone completly.

I also made Tsunade a bit brighter to fix the arm/head problem you mentioned(which I saw now that i'm awake^^)

As for the Text...I need it small and un-noticable. Call it a pet peeve. When I make text on wallpapers, I've come to get myself used to "Small, un-noticable...but it IS there"
    I can't stand noticable text on my wallpapers, But I still want it to be there (see, weird).
    Same with my signature, it's always white text with black stroke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsunade wallpaper-animeforumcopy2.jpg‎
Views:	306
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	10178  

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I can't really effectlvely critique it since I wouldn't really know what I was talking about. But from a normal, non photoshop, guy it looks really impressive. all the 3D effects are really nice touches and the tsunade render is really nice. The Laughing man logo is also very funny >.>

But I also think there's too much stuff going on in it, like you said, you went crazy with those 3d whatchamacallits. There's too much going on in the background that distracts from Tsunade, and I suspect it could give someone a headache if they looked long enough. But other then that it's really quite good.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The woman, especially her head and arms, are still too soft and muted against the vibrant background; the eye is drawn away from her. Try increasing the saturation and/or sharpness on the woman, and making the background somewhat less vivid, to bring her out more.

Junior Member Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier is on a distinguished road Dantier's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2006 08:14 AM
    Threads

If is i how say... i say it is good....

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Well, yes, the woman's head and arms aren't sharp enough; they merge with the background in a not-very-good way as the color of the arms and background are opposite. The text above isn't visible enough. The 3D whatchamacallits are...(how can i make some too?)... a tad too many, but way cool! The wallpaper itself... i think it's too bright. You'll need to lower down a bit of brightness and sharpen it up abit, unless you intended for it to be bright. The Laughing man logo.... isn't really that funny, but, it works just fine, i guess.
    Nice job, in any case ^^

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've decided to quit on the wallpaper, as it was a failed first attempt and the stock in general was too bright to begin with.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don't give up so easily! I liked the concept.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

All you need to do is adjust the levels. It's easy!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Cheeky
    Gifts Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2015 06:02 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Why the laughing man logo's? You need to replace them with dancing Girls Gone Wild DvD's, and big flashing text saying, "BUY NOW."

That's my two cents.

My Photography
    #JustCanteThings
    My Signature Tags
    Project Cantelope
    A Home for Manly Souls
    Dai-Gurren Dan

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

hai, agree .... correct the levels on the char, try to clear it a bit more (suggestion, look for neatimage on google, a nifty program ^_^) ... and the main problem, need a connection between the bg and the image. as it is, it doesn't fit well in the bg o_O;

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zyph33r
    Why the laughing man logo's? You need to replace them with dancing Girls Gone Wild DvD's, and big flashing text saying, "BUY NOW."

That's my two cents.
    Because, Like nipples, the laughing man logo is round in shape. Also, it was sitting on my desktop doing nothing, I felt the need to use it.
    Other than that...Black bars are over-rated =O

I did change the levels, and it looks a bit darker. But i'm still not satisfied. I'll post more wallpapers later with..what I at least think, better 3-D.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

*delete*
    Last edited by -Batman-; 06-27-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Hooker Boots yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko.......'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2008 01:58 PM
    Threads

it's okay i guess.

Closed Thread

Thread Information