AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pokemon Events: Unfair Treatment.

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Pokemon Events: Unfair Treatment.

Ok. I have been a fan of the Pokemon series of games for a long time. I owned Red, Blue yellow and silver for the game boy colour. Then I got rid of it and the games. Now I have got the DS and Emerald and waiting for the new DS Pokemon Pearl.

But I really have a problem that seems to have gone from Pokemon game to Pokemon game. Rare Pokemon have always been only available by going to one of these Pokemon events and getting a ticket or a certain item to catch a rare Pokemon, lets say mew. Now In Emerald that is no different, there are many Pokemon only avaliable through event tickets. Now I’m at odds ends here because A) I’m British, we don’t have these events. And B) I believe a game that really has the monsters in it, should be allowed with out getting some key and some event which you have to queue for hours just so you can catch one Pokemon.

Unfair. I think so.

Now I certainly hope if this does keep going on, that the DS Pokemon will have WiFi so you download the Pokemon form the Nintendo website. If not, it will be the same shot change story over and over again. I’m really fed up with this, I just want to catch some rare Pokemon without having to travel to America and going to some silly event with people with too much time on their hands.

How do you feel about Nintendo’s crap gimmick with the Pokemon games?

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by RichardE40k
    I’m really fed up with this, I just want to catch some rare Pokemon without having to travel to America and going to some silly event with people with too much time on their hands.
    Were you insulting Americans just now? o.O Oh well, to each his own.

I also hated that bit about gettin special "permission" to get a certain pokemon. A friend has a recent Pokemon game (I don't know which one), and she was telling me about how she had to stand in line to get Celebi. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the most skilled Pokemon catchers get the really rare ones and not the ones that can hold their urine for hours so they don't have to get out of line? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 04-07-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's why game enhancers were invented.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Things like the game shark are too risky. They are full of bugs and can ruin you're game. I believe one Pokemon game should be made wit hall of them, I mean heck some people don't even have friends or know people with the game to trade the other Pokemon and I will be damned If I'm going to buy all the games and another console.

PS: I was not insulting Americans, I was annoyed at the fact America i the only place that I know of where the events are held. And also the fact you need to go to the stupid events in the first place.

However at least I do know game freak have stated that the new Pokemon game will feature WiFi and wireless connections so you can trade and battle people all across the world and plus, maybe could connect to these events wirelessly or internet specific websites.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1) Get the other Pokemon title.
    2) Enter code on that one.
    3) Trade it to your game.

Cheaper than a ticket to America.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Nah, I think it was a neat idea. Much like the exclusive non-combat pet in WoW, "Murky", I think it's cool to give people an added bonus for going to an event like that.

And of course, if you really want the thing, you might as well cheat yourself to have one. It's not like it's allowed to use the thing in any tournaments. Any satisfaction you get from having it is your own alone. If it makes you feel better, Gameshark yourself to catch a level 1 Celebi, and raise it from there. Then it's all yours. Probably more so than if you got it from one of those annoying events that I almost went to, but in the end decided not to.

At least in the old GameBoy, the Gameshark never hurt my game.. After my completed game got erased for other reasons, I bought a Gameshark, just because I was annoyed that I'd have to start over, and cheated a few things. As long as you're careful only to do certain small things with it, the risk is minimal.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I won't spend more money on getting it, I'm not that desperate but I do think its a con but at least like I have said, DS should sort this out. I mean it's not the Pokemon it's the islands, there are about 5 hidden islands in Emerald that you can get to only if you have the secret ticket for the trip. I really liked Lugia in Silver and In Emerald it would be great but to get to its island I would have to go to an event. Oh well. Its annoying as I know its there but just need this bloody secret but not the end of the world ^.^ , just Nintendo and game freak being very good cons.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think it's a con to offer something special to people who give them more money, or are in the right place at the right time.

If you're paying for extra content, you know what you're getting. Not like if you got charged for something you never got.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What's suprising me is your getting one of the new Pokemon games. They better bring back the day/night feature and include two buttloads of originality and innovation before I'd buy one.

And it is a rip to have to go to some nerd convention to get those uber-rares.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They do include day/night and there is a lot of new gadgets, berrys to play with. It's a good game but I'm really waiting on the ds version.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    And it is a rip to have to go to some nerd convention to get those uber-rares.
    Would you consider it a rip if they didn't include it at all?
    It's uber-rare, because you CAN'T get it normally. That's the point.

You know it's true.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well there not. Lugia and HO-OH are easily accessible in Leaf Green and Fire Red. These are not uber rare Pokemon, its just the fact that they are inaccessible because of some damn required ticket.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

After the first versions I kind of gave up with the franhcise, the world had become to big and same looking for me to navigate without having to look at a ma every 3 seconds. And while it does blow that you can't get it without cheating, at least they aren't making you pay money for them.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

At least I can give kudos for that. It does not cost but I do believe the events cost a lot to go to and like I said. Hell no am I travelling that far. But it does not matter to me anymore; Fire Red and Emerald are both very good games. For me it has proved Pokemon still keeps coming up with better environments and graphics while combining good plots and play value. No other games have ever made me play so long, including the originals. Most games I get 10 to 20 hour’s tops. All the Pokemon games, even with help have over 100 hours of play, well for me anyway.

Oh and one more thing. I have attacked Nintendo a lot on the forums but I must say. They have really done well with the DS. Good games and now I want to play more than just Pokemon. That’s all my Colour was ever used for but the DS has many more game value. Well done to Nintendo.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Member Chris1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Chris1982's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2006 05:50 PM
    Threads

I found when pokemon first came out it was awesome, but now on tv and games its going a bit down hill. Its hard to know if its good or just something for a consumer cash cow... well thats about all I have to say about that

Closed Thread

Thread Information