AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New immigration Bill (USA)

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 07:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up New immigration Bill (USA)

What do you think about the immigration bill, that illigal immigrants need to leave? I think it shouln't be made into a law. Without all of the illiegal immigrants, our economy, I feel, would corrupt. Once again, as I say in all politicial threads I post in, I am young and I don't know much about this. But, I read this article, http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060402/...tion_ap_poll_4 And learned a little bit. . Even though illigal people should be criminals, What are they doing? I mean, what is the difference, between one that IS legal and one that isn't? The people that don't pay income tax, and send there money down to, Mexico for example, I think THOSE people shouldn't be here. But, that doesn't mean that ALL of them do that. So, do you agree or disagree with me? I would really like to know. Should it be made into a law?
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This really is a touchy and really difficult subject. The way I see it, the fact that they are "illegal immigrants" means they should be sent back to where they originated. People seem to be forgetting that these people are here illegally, meaning that they have no right to be in this country. The fact that they came here means that they broke a law, in both their home country and ours, and therefore, they are criminals. Also consider that many do not pay taxes, and we have no records for many of them.
    On the other hand we must consider that without them our agricultural economy would be down the drain, and that would do some serious damage.
    We have the ability to say "Okay, everyone who is in our county right now, is a citizen", and give all of the illegals U.S. citizenship. But, do you know the effects of that? I will guarantee you that many of the 12 million currently-illegal immigrants will try and succeed in getting into the welfare system, getting money from our government, which comes from tax money, which could be used on the war, or the Katrina Reconstruction. Also, many will get onto our social security system, which is already have problems. And then medicare, and so on. And then, even more illegal immigrants would come over and be like "Hey, they got to be citizens, how come we can't?", and they would all come over the border, expecting to be made citizens, which they would not become. So then we have a new wave of illegal immigrants.
    Okay, this is were I start to get a little far fetched in my theory. So we have the original-citizens who would not want the new-wave-immigrants to become citizens, and would want them sent back home. Then we would have the illegal-immigrants-given-citizenship, who would stand up for their people and try to get them citizen ship. If you can't see where I am going with this, I'll just say it. Civil war. Think about it. It is not that far off from the situation back in the 1850s. And now, is where my theory will either shock you, or make you say "Man, what an idiot this kid is!". I want you to compare the U.S. to the Roman Empire. Both the some of the greatest countries of their time, who are litterally policing the known-world. Why did Rome fall? Economy went down the drain, civil war broke out, and Rome started to weaken. At this point, they were invaded by barbarians, and torn apart. Now, as to how the U.S. is similar to this. Out economy is not as good as it use to be. If the situation above were to occur, we would have civil war(worse economy, occupied troops and equipment, etc.). At this point, the many countries out there who would love to take down the U.S, especially North Korea, the various Middle Eastern countries who have good reason for hating us, and possibly the Chinese, just to name a few, would come at us. And there we have to downfall of the U.S.
    And yes, that is entirely possible.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

I, Nokidamus, predicteth that thiseth Discussion willeth end in the Hottestef of Flameth between the "goody two shoesth left-wing with dream world illusions" and the "greedy and evil, yet the only onest realisticeth right-wing", and then it will be most certainly smited and sealed by The Gods of these so Forums, known as thürn Mods!

(While I'm not going to contribute with anything solid in this debate, I will use this post as a reminder to make sure that the feelings running wild when it comes to such subjects as these, are put on ice <3)

Edit: A rough summary of what I said in my messed up attempt of archaic English would be that this touchy subject is likely to stir up a flame war between the idealistic and self-righteous lefties (Which I might add is the vast majority of these forums), and the realistic and harsh righties that see how things work (As in they know better than "to take in every poor man, woman and child into their home" and think it'll work), thus after some time with less than productive flaming from both sides, the mods will eventually shut it down *if* it goes as I assume it will.
    Last edited by Zedekiah; 04-02-2006 at 04:33 PM.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 07:26 PM
    Threads

hey, Nokidamus, I didn't understand most of what you said, But I kind of firgured out that you said this will be closed.... May I ask why? I hope for a reply I can understand...
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Alright, people forget that these people are breaking two laws, and in two different countries. Their own, and here. They have no right to be here illegally. What many of them end up doing is coming here illegaly, having a kid, and that kid is officially a US citizen. That means a couple of things.

A.) They are now elligible for wellfare. That's what many of them do. For each child they have, they attain a higher amount of money. Why do we get 28% of anything and everything we make get cut from taxes to fund people that shouldn't be here in the first place? 10% of 28% goes to wellfare, not government jobs. Whoever told you that is lying. Stick with factual evidence, and you'll see where your money ends up going. Even if you don't like it, that's reality.

B.) The government doesn't want to break up the families. I don't care if they do or don't. I'm not a racist, don't get me wrong, but in other countries, you know how hard it is to get there illegally? We don't even check to see if you're a citizen or not in many, many jobs. Let's take Britan for example - In britan, you have to show them your identification card that states you're from that country legally. If you're not, you have to apply for a work visa, which is also incredibly hard. You can only hold the work visa for no more than a year at a time. Here, you can now hold it up to five. The hell is up with that? I'll tell you, our government Is LAZY.

C.) People also seem to forget that in california, and in texas, over 50% of the entire population within those states is hispanic. This is where the immigration laws are mainly targeted towards. Another thing, we don't have a national language. Do you see billboards in England in spanish? No. It's illegal. Here, you can have it in spanish, and english, and around five other languages. It's not illegal to do that. We have no national language. Our government won't impliment one either, because they don't want to loose the hispanic vote. If you're going to come to a country, you damn better make sure you learn the language. Many of these people come to this country, get a job, and don't even bother learning the language. That bothers me.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Well, this is just the result of a crappy situation that has been inflamed by people not addressing this issue sooner. Personally, if they are breaking the law and you want to enforce any of the other laws, you need to enforce this one as well. Not that our government is good at that. -_- However, once they have a child here, the child is technically a citizen and the government needs to look out for the well being of ALL its children, like them or not. You can't just take a child away from his/her parents and send the parents back to the original country--which is not always Mexico. There is not a good solution to this issue and there never will be. People are going to get angry and lives are going to be messed up because this was allowed to go too far to begin with. My only thoughts on the matter are if they are going to enforce something like this, they need to make sure they are not allowing people into this country who are not supposed to be here.

The thing is, I can't exactly fault someone for wanting a better life, especially for their children. And honestly in teaching many of those who are from other countries--and although I don't know who is legal and who isn't, I'm sure some of them aren't--are much more appreciative of their life here. I can't tell you the number of non-immigrants who expect the world to revolve around them and by goodness they better get special rights because they are this race or they have this issue or they have so much money or etc etc etc. The first immigrants to this country were illegal and they did far worse than take jobs and welfare. Not that that makes it right. I think I would have more of an opinion on this issue if I thought the government was going to address the real issue, but I fear that it will only try to "solve" the problem by addressing symptoms of it. In which case the government is just as wrong as someone coming here illegally and it will continue to have little control over something such as this. At least that's how I see it.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Ah, I say good for the government. I'm really sleepy right now, so I will definitely edit this tomorrow, but let me just say that I fully support this bill. And I'm half Mexican, so don't even try to tell me I'm racist (which is foolish enough even if I was full "American", whatever that is, because Hispanic is not a race, it's an ethnic group within white!)

Edit: Okay, so I'm back to give you all an earfull!! I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT want a situation like Rome (because although I don't like America all that much, I want democracy to live). We are so close to that trojan horse Zero mentioned it ins't even funny. o.o Here's my opinion on the poilicies put forth.

*I don't think we should make illegal immigration a felony.

*I do favor some kind of temporary legal status while trying to get US citizenship for those immagrants who have children here, have legitimate jobs that benefit the economy, and have family here.

*I very much support what I hear is a very difficult process to become an
    American.

*I support having the backpay taxes (because the treasury could certainly use it!).

I think that about covers it. I'm not at all against immigration, just do it legally please. You harm a lot of people while here undoccumented, your shildren end up having to pay for your mistakes. And if you're going to live here, please please please, SPEAK ENGLISH!!!
    Last edited by Capernicus; 04-03-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

im an immigrant, but im not a criminal, im not breaking the law of my country if my country is led by a dictator?, i don't know about other imigrant but i work for the money i get and i do pay 70-80 percent of the taxes.

it is not right to say all imigrant are criminal or whatever, you know in my country if i say the leader is an idiot they'll send me to jail torture me and other unimaginable things.

im in UK and i say i am an imgirant, and americans are imigrants to becuase america was invaded by european people, irish..etc.

this conversion could get very political so i drop it from here.

i don't support nor disapprove of it cuz i don't really care, since people put differences between eachothers that brings hatret, arguement and war and the result lots of innocent people die and lot of ***************** get rich and power.
    Last edited by Keitaru-san; 04-03-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krsnik
    Alright, people forget that these people are breaking two laws, and in two different countries. Their own, and here. They have no right to be here illegally. What many of them end up doing is coming here illegaly, having a kid, and that kid is officially a US citizen. That means a couple of things.

A.) They are now elligible for wellfare. That's what many of them do. For each child they have, they attain a higher amount of money. Why do we get 28% of anything and everything we make get cut from taxes to fund people that shouldn't be here in the first place? 10% of 28% goes to wellfare, not government jobs. Whoever told you that is lying. Stick with factual evidence, and you'll see where your money ends up going. Even if you don't like it, that's reality.

B.) The government doesn't want to break up the families. I don't care if they do or don't. I'm not a racist, don't get me wrong, but in other countries, you know how hard it is to get there illegally? We don't even check to see if you're a citizen or not in many, many jobs. Let's take Britan for example - In britan, you have to show them your identification card that states you're from that country legally. If you're not, you have to apply for a work visa, which is also incredibly hard. You can only hold the work visa for no more than a year at a time. Here, you can now hold it up to five. The hell is up with that? I'll tell you, our government Is LAZY.

C.) People also seem to forget that in california, and in texas, over 50% of the entire population within those states is hispanic. This is where the immigration laws are mainly targeted towards. Another thing, we don't have a national language. Do you see billboards in England in spanish? No. It's illegal. Here, you can have it in spanish, and english, and around five other languages. It's not illegal to do that. We have no national language. Our government won't impliment one either, because they don't want to loose the hispanic vote. If you're going to come to a country, you damn better make sure you learn the language. Many of these people come to this country, get a job, and don't even bother learning the language. That bothers me.
    I must completly disagree with your whole entire opinion.

You've ignored the fact that these people are trying to BETTER themselves by coming here, and having a better life. 10-28%? That's NOTHING compared to the US Citizens who ARE just as bad, who are doing the exact same thing, and the percentage rates are A LOT higher. It's NOT okay for either person to go feed off the government, but to say it's just immigrants is very unfair.

I'm not a racist, don't get me wrong
    Sorry, but I have to take it as you are, being as it seems like your post was directed to only hispanics, as you keep mentioning "spanish" quite a few times in that last paragraph of yours. Duely note, it's not just Mexico that these people are coming from.

If you're going to come to a country, you damn better make sure you learn the language. Many of these people come to this country, get a job, and don't even bother learning the language. That bothers me.
    This statement is also close minded. Keep in mind that it's not easy to learn english. Try going to China and learn their langauge. Sure, you can. Overtime. It's not that simple to just LEARN a language. And also, it's hard for them to learn english, when they have people such as yourself who think they don't belong here in the first place.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of people can understand english, and they can speak it, but they aren't confident enough to speak it.

EDIT:
    I took out some of negative in here, as it came off rude and insulting. I think I'm a little more mature than that. - Piper
    Last edited by Piper; 04-03-2006 at 03:25 PM.

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    Threads

Our economical growth is based on our GNP/GDP, in which all jobs that involve getting your taxes done are the basis for citizens. Now, if immigrants are illegal, do you think they get their taxes done? I doubt it. So, it wouldn't really be hurting the economy that much, if at all. If anything, the people spending money for the immigrants to work, and not being able to claim that money, is hurting the economy. Now if they would make it legal for them to stay, then said they had to leave, then yeah, it would probably hurt.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay. You guys are just talking about Mexicans.

There are other races that are being affected.

It's not that hard to get a green card, you know. If my mom could have gotten one easily when she was 4, then so can everyone else.

People don't understand that this is going to make things BETTER. We're not just KICKING everyone out, we're helping them to get green cards so they aren't staying ILLEGALLY in this country.

We're also helping the AMERICANS who are poor and can't get welfare and etc, because the illegals come first. Hospitality and all that

I think there's a lot of ignorance going on. Locally as well as world wide. Locally they're holding protests and are trying to start riots and etc because they don't want to go back to Mexico. (Half of the people in the riots and etc, ARE LEGAL.)

People waving mexican flags and etc... they should obviously realize which country they are in, and why exactly we're doing this. They are all screaming the race card, when we're trying to fix our messed up economy.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

You want some, punk? mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Bleach Kon Double Bento Pocky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 05:58 PM
    in the dojo doing laundry with Kenshin ^_^
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Byakuya_Girl

Default mmm

this is such a sensitive subject. my family came here legally from Japan... i just don't think this should be made into a law....

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I think it should be made a law. You have no idea how miffed I get when I see or hear that 50 new Cubans are now in Florida, and that they touched American soil, so we cant kick them out. I live in Florida, and its to the point where i cant get a decent job because I dont speak spanish. Last time I checked, we were in AMERICA, where we speak ENGLISH. Why should I have to learn spanish?? A good percent of the people who live around me arent even legal, but are getting paid far better than I am. I think its pure crap that I need to know spanish to get a good job. I'm not going to Cuba or Mexico and forcing everyone to learn English....I really do hope this law passes, so that the people who seriously want to live the American dream (legal aliens) can do so. Now, my fathers Cuban, but he came here (by plane), became a legal citizen and learned English. If they dont want to learn our language, but expect to get better jobs, then they really need to get out.

And I'm done ranting....

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If your family came here LEGALLY you have nothing to worry about.

My mom, grandpa, grandma, and several aunts and uncles came here Legally. We have nothing to worry about. However I have several cousins who are here Illegally.

They are going to be deported.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    I think it should be made a law. You have no idea how miffed I get when I see or hear that 50 new Cubans are now in Florida, and that they touched American soil, so we cant kick them out. I live in Florida, and its to the point where i cant get a decent job because I dont speak spanish. Last time I checked, we were in AMERICA, where we speak ENGLISH. Why should I have to learn spanish?? A good percent of the people who live around me arent even legal, but are getting paid far better than I am. I think its pure crap that I need to know spanish to get a good job. I'm not going to Cuba or Mexico and forcing everyone to learn English....I really do hope this law passes, so that the people who seriously want to live the American dream (legal aliens) can do so. Now, my fathers Cuban, but he came here (by plane), became a legal citizen and learned English. If they dont want to learn our language, but expect to get better jobs, then they really need to get out.

And I'm done ranting....
    Think about what you are saying. It's not difficult to find a job, if you're looking. I know plenty of people that got jobs they wanted, they just had to look. I'm not saying it's easy to find a good job. It's not at all. But if you want something, you would go for it.

Two, I believe that those that are fluent in another language, deserve higher pay, only because their double skilled. They're not saying you HAVE to know both languages to get hired, they're saying they PREFER individuals who know two languages, as it is a plus for the company, be it Russian, German, Spanish, or whatever other languages are out there.

It's good to know 2+. If you don't? Nothing wrong with that either. Doesn't mean they'll NOT hire you because of it. They'll NOT hire you, because you didn't meet their qualifications. Companies in the United States cannot discriminate on Age, Nationality, etc.

The reason I know this, is because I am currently in the middle of a lawsuit, I am suing my previous employer, for defermation of character. My attorney went over these guidelines and laws with me.
    Last edited by Piper; 04-03-2006 at 03:32 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Intelligent
    im an immigrant, but im not a criminal, im not breaking the law of my country if my country is led by a dictator?, i don't know about other imigrant but i work for the money i get and i do pay 70-80 percent of the taxes.

it is not right to say all imigrant are criminal or whatever, you know in my country if i say the leader is an idiot they'll send me to jail torture me and other unimaginable things.
    There is a great difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant. What is that you ask? The method by which they came here. One has been given the right to be here, the other has broken the laws of two countries by coming over to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Intelligent
    im in UK and i say i am an imgirant, and americans are imigrants to becuase america was invaded by european people, irish..etc.
    Yes, American is made of immigrants. Legal immigrants. Immigrants who went through the system to become a citizen of this country. Also, consider there was a time when there was no immigrantion laws, during which time, anyone could enter. It is no longer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    You've ignored the fact that these people are trying to BETTER themselves by coming here, and having a better life. 10-28%? That's NOTHING compared to the US Citizens who ARE just as bad, who are doing the exact same thing, and the percentage rates are A LOT higher. It's NOT okay for either person to go feed off the government, but to say it's just immigrants is very unfair.
    Better themselves or not, they are breaking the law. People steal from other people to better themselves, why not make that legal? Hitler felt he was bettering the word with the Nazi party. Just because people have good intentions, that does not mean the methods by which they caring out their intentions are good. There is a difference between an ideal and an action. Also, the bad US citizens you refer to, are here legally. Get it? They have the legal right to be in this country.

Sorry, but I have to take it as you are, being as it seems like your post was directed to only hispanics, as you keep mentioning "spanish" quite a few times in that last paragraph of yours. Duely note, it's not just Mexico that these people are coming from.
    Krsnik is not a racist, but I will support the rest of this. We have Europeans, Asians, Haitians, Cape Verdians, Cubans, Mexicans, Canadians, and many more people closing our borders. The problem is not who is crossing it, it is the means by which they do so.

This statement is also close minded. Keep in mind that it's not easy to learn english. Try going to China and learn their langauge. Sure, you can. Overtime. It's not that simple to just LEARN a language. And also, it's hard for them to learn english, when they have people such as yourself who think they don't belong here in the first place.
    If you go to China you learn Chinese. If you go to Spain, you learn Spanish. If you go to Germany, you learn German. If you go to the U.S., you learn English. That is the language of our nation. Or hey, here is an idea, why not just create an international, worldly language? That would clear up all of our troubles...provided it weren't highly improbable.

And, why, for the love of everything holy, unholy, and everything inbetween do people always play the race-card in these situations? I just hate that. I had this conversation with someone today:
    Xero: "Man, you are an idiot."
    Kid: "You're just saying that because I'm Haitian."
    Xero: "No, I'm saying it because you're an idiot."
    The race card-is only played when people just want to make someone feel guilty, or feel they cannot win an argument/debate without it. It is very rarely used for a legitimate reason.

Also, just for the record, my mother is an immigrant (Legally). The majority of my friends are immigrants (Legal). In fact, according to a poll taken in 2003, my town is 67% immigrants(Legal count only)...I'll find the newspaper article(provided I still have it), scan it, and post it.

Also, about the immigrants waving their country's flag, they should realize that this is the U.S. Once you are a citizen here, you are an America.

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2023 01:02 PM
    Threads

To think I came here Illegally, endured all sorts of punishment and terror.. and it was all to escape the wars we had back in our country.. sending poor innocent kids to war.. and even worse government at the time.. and to be with my mom who came legally to the US.

I don't know why the Mexicans do it.. but we Nicas wanted a place for freedom. The cubans helped us Gain our Residents in some way back in 96.. we had their support and also became allied to the US.. it seems the US has a liking to us. Explains why alot of Americans like to travel there =p

anyways. there you have it for me.. The Nicas aren't totally a waste.. and aren't too over populated but we still get bashed alike for being hispanic

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII
    Better themselves or not, they are breaking the law. People steal from other people to better themselves, why not make that legal? Hitler felt he was bettering the word with the Nazi party. Just because people have good intentions, that does not mean the methods by which they caring out their intentions are good. There is a difference between an ideal and an action. Also, the bad US citizens you refer to, are here legally. Get it? They have the legal right to be in this country.
    Well if it's illegal, might as well make it illegal to leave your house at midnight too, until 6am. Doesn't make much sense, does it? My point exactly. And what I'm saying is that actual US Citizens (Americans), are more so using the government than any other immigrant. No stats to prove that, however it's common knowledge.

And..

If you go to China you learn Chinese. If you go to Spain, you learn Spanish. If you go to Germany, you learn German. If you go to the U.S., you learn English. That is the language of our nation. Or hey, here is an idea, why not just create an international, worldly language? That would clear up all of our troubles...provided it weren't highly improbable.
    This is the case for other countries. Not for the United States. The U.S stands for a free country, does it not? So for you to say that "If you go to the U.S, you learn English" is very complex and contradicting to what the United States represents. As far as I know it, America is a free country, freedom of speech comes in action here, when it comes to language. Anyone can speak any language they please.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Think about what you are saying. It's not difficult to find a job, if you're looking. I know plenty of people that got jobs they wanted, they just had to look. I'm not saying it's easy to find a good job. It's not at all. But if you want something, you would go for it.

Two, I believe that those that are fluent in another language, deserve higher pay, only because their double skilled. They're not saying you HAVE to know both languages to get hired, they're saying they PREFER individuals who know two languages, as it is a plus for the company, be it Russian, German, Spanish, or whatever other languages are out there.

It's good to know 2+. If you don't? Nothing wrong with that either. Doesn't mean they'll NOT hire you because of it. They'll NOT hire you, because you didn't meet their qualifications. Companies in the United States cannot discriminate on Age, Nationality, etc.

The reason I know this, is because I am currently in the middle of a lawsuit, I am suing my previous employer, for defermation of character. My attorney went over these guidelines and laws with me.
    Nope. People wouldnt hire me simply because I didnt speak spanish. I understand this is a free country and your free to speak whatever language you want, but I think its wrong not to hire someone because they dont speak a certain language. Where I live (southern Florida) the majority of the population is illegal aliens...all of which are Cuban. Im not trying to be racist, because at least twice a month theres a news report about a new batch of illegal aliens in Florida. None of which know any English. So, 99.9% of the jobs down here REQUIRE that you speak spanish, in order to commnicate with their illegal alien customers...which I think is pure crap.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well if it's illegal, might as well make it illegal to leave your house at midnight too, until 6am. Doesn't make much sense, does it? My point exactly. And what I'm saying is that actual US Citizens (Americans), are more so using the government than any other immigrant. No stats to prove that, however it's common knowledge.
    Clearly, but onto that, does it really need any more abuse?
    This is the case for other countries. Not for the United States. The U.S stands for a free country, does it not? So for you to say that "If you go to the U.S, you learn English" is very complex and contradicting to what the United States represents. As far as I know it, America is a free country, freedom of speech comes in action here, when it comes to language. Anyone can speak any language they please.
    Representing something is far different from upholding something. The image is in the eye of the beholder...or in this case, the non-beholder. I will say that in my mind, without a doubt, the U.S. is one of, if not the, greatest countries on the planet, and it has many more freedoms than most countries, but it is not free. Also, making it illegal to go out between 12am and 6am, is more symbolic of a having a greencard, rather than illegal immigration. Also, yes, anyone can speak any language they please, but I still feel that people should know the basics of English if they choose to live in the U.S.

My last post in this thread. I believe I have made my opinon clear.

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nope. People wouldnt hire me simply because I didnt speak spanish. I understand this is a free country and your free to speak whatever language you want, but I think its wrong not to hire someone because they dont speak a certain language. Where I live (southern Florida) the majority of the population is illegal aliens...all of which are Cuban. Im not trying to be racist, because at least twice a month theres a news report about a new batch of illegal aliens in Florida. None of which know any English. So, 99.9% of the jobs down here REQUIRE that you speak spanish, in order to commnicate with their illegal alien customers...which I think is pure crap.
    Then I really think you should look into getting yourself an attorney so you can get them for discrimination. Because that's not acceptable.

Also, yes, anyone can speak any language they please, but I still feel that people should know the basics of English if they choose to live in the U.S.
    Again, this is your opinion.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

LAW, hahaha instead of asking are they legal or not we should be worrying who are they and why they are there.

some to better themselves, some want new life, some want to study and some are criminal mostly politic criminal.

i can't say much about america's immigrants im not there.

what i hate about law is instead fixing the stupid ones they got and correct it they keep making new ones.

hmmm about language, have anyone seen southpark show? the immigrant fom the future?
    short story long, that if you going to another country you should first know english second their language.
    Last edited by Keitaru-san; 04-04-2006 at 07:09 AM.

it is sweet

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    Threads

Well, there is a little basis behind this. If you live somewhere, where more than say, 40% of the citizens there speak another language, they like you to be able to communicate with them. Now, they may not have hired you because you can't speak the language, but rather someone else can, and would be more able to help someone who speaks that language. But, it is because of the "illegal" aliens, that there are so many people in areas like Florida that mainly speak the language, so you have a decent argument there.

Its not, I repeat, NOT WRONG, for a company not to hire you because you don't speak a certain language. That is in no way, shape, or form, discrimination, but rather a lack of skill needed for the job. I learned fluent spanish in just a couple months, its not hard. If you aren't ready to invest time into the skills you need for a job, don't complain you didn't get it.

Now most of you agree, that in America, many languages are spoken here, and that we have a freedom of speech. So, is it much to ask that a company requests that you know one or two of these languages, so that you can communicate with the customer? In schools, atleast around here, it is required that you take up a language, so that you can indeed, find a job. So, I suggest you do just that. I'm not saying master that, but saying "Hola, como usted Senior?" isn't hard to master.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Don't you have to take some kind of test to become a citizen?,...which requires english to understand it.

p.s. and to the people who were protesting and holding up their countries flags...if you want to stay, hold up the american flag!
    Last edited by Khanxay; 04-04-2006 at 12:53 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD
    Don't you have to take some kind of test to become a citizen?,...which requires english to understand it.

p.s. and to the people who were protesting and holding up their countries flags...if you want to stay, hold up the american flag!
    i donnu but flags doesn't have meaning for me, but still your quiete right.

it is sweet

Closed Thread

Thread Information