1. CHAT RULES: Chat rules are very well made. They keep the chat clean from useless posting and inappropriate language, and from now on they will keep clean this forum as well. The chat rules are applied for images, too. They can be found here.
2. BANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random images and don't quote images if not necessary. They are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post. When posting a big image (bigger than 640x480px) use the "Manage Attachments" feature under "Additional Options". This will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save bandwidth as well.
3. NO LINKING TO OTHER CG SITES: Linking to other sites is like advertising which falls under the category "Chat Rules". If you want to post a picture which is on another site, post the direct link of the picture or even better, use the "Image Uploader" located under the smiles list.
- http://name.deviantart.com = BAD and NOT ALLOWED,
- http://name.deviantart.com/picname.jpg = OK.
4. SPAM (aka Stupid Pointless Abusive Message): Off topic posts and threads, one word posts (don't post less than 4 words), advertisements, meaningless or just random threads all fall under this category. They are useless and just make the forum look bad. If you can't help it and you have to annoy someone with them, write a SPAM mail and email it to yourself. That won't hurt anyone. As everything, this rules has exceptions too. You are allowed to multi-post only (and I mean only) if in your thread nobody else posted in 2 days.
5. ONE THREAD, ONE SUBJECT: Since the sections were merged we have to merge the rules a bit. One thread per subject (with exception of photography). Meaning if you make a thread displaying signatures or your drawings; please keep to one thread displaying signatures and update it as you go. Photography is the exception; you may have a thread for each "photography subject" as per the old photography rules so that the threads don't load slowly with example of 500 posts with 20 pictures each.
6. RESPECT OTHER'S WORK: When commenting somebody's work, please, leave a message longer than a one-liner and back up your statements with reasons. Make sure you contribute to the thread with a good and constructive critique.
*** BAD ONES ***
- I like it. Keep it up.
- I like it. Keep it up and I want to see more.
- Omg ... it's awesome. I like your work very very very much. Keep it up. <-- NOTE: This type of comment is just a way to try to make a sentence long enough to abide by the rules. We want you all know that we are not counting words (unless we find out you are breaking the rule about SPAM). This is not the school. We want content and we moderate the forums considering what's written and not how long the post is. Keep that in mind!
*** GOOD ONE ***
- Your avatar/signature/wallpaper is quite good. The colors work good together. And with the positions of the various elements, you achieved a really good overall composition. The result is simple yet stylish.
7. DON'T FLAME: Flaming is not criticism, but just insulting the one who made the art. If you can't write a critique without flaming don't do it. We always appreciate flamers who keep their opinions for themselves.
8. EXTRACTIONS: Extractions (your own, no stealing them) and other resources that YOU create may be posted here under the "resource" tag.
9. RIPPING: Ripping other's work and claim it as yours is like stealing and we won't allow it. If we find out your work is not yours, you will find your thread closed and get a verbal warning. If after opening a new thread we will find out you did it again you will get a warning. After we find you for the 3rd time you will be forbidden to post into this forum.
10. REQUESTING ART: Requesting signatures and avatars is permitted in this forum. There will be no monitary or tangible exchange of goods for requests. Requests should be done on a first come first serve basis. Meaning whoever offered to do the request first should be given first shot at completing the request. If they decide later on not to complete the request then others may volunteer to complete the request instead.
11. CONTESTS: Members may run contests and MUST be approved by a moderator. Member ran contests may NOT offer rewards. Rewards are only granted from official AF contests. Please PM @blueangel06661 for any questions/approval.
The rules are subject to change so keep tracking this thread for changes.
For any questions regarding the forum rules or this forum itself we are available over the private messaging system (aka PMs).
Art Forum Forum Moderators