AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Playing Old School Games With Other Members?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. (For Whatever Reason)

1 14.29%
  • I want to, but can't. Slow Modem/Computer

0 0%
  • Yes, SNES/NES/N64 Games.

4 57.14%
  • Yes, Sega Genesis/MegaDrive Games

0 0%
  • Sign me up! I don't care which it is! I want to pwn, NOW!

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread

Thread: Playing Together

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Playing Together

Are there any games in particular that you'd be interesting in playing with others from Anime Forums using netplay functions on Emulators?

Unfortunately, I will have to ask anyone with a 56k or lower modem to not participate until I can find out how well it would actually work if someone with a high speed connection and someone with a dial up connect were to net play together, my guess is not good.

I can get english versions of just about any game, its just a matter of finding them. And if you have them, please let us know. I think that games like Gunam Wing: Endless Duel would be fun to have tournaments in.

And games like Seiken 3 would be fun to play with others. But they'd take a while. If you know of any multi-player games, please suggest them, and I'll put them up to download soon.

To start off anyone who is interested, here are two sites FULL of working emulators.

Nemu64 - Has A N64 Emulator w/ Netplay Functions, and a dedicated Netplay Server.

SNES9x - The Best SNES Emulator Out There,

I suggest downloading SNES9x 1.43, and not any lower version, and doing it from this site. It is the latest version.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-26-2006 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Illegal content

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

That would be a great idea overall.
    Though I'm pretty much technologically illiterate, I think this idea would work and bring this site a few more users.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gah. Take off those links. We can't link to anything that breaks copyrights. Forum rules and what not.

Although, I fell really bad having to say that as I quickly linked to them and bookmarked them.

I'd be interested in playing Bomberman 2 or Rampart, but am on 56k. Also, I use ZSNES because it is superior.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-26-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Technically, owning the Emulators themselves isn't breaking a copy right law.

On top of that, it is only unlawful to own a rom of a game that you did not own for more than 24 hours. So if you own/owned the game it isn't suppose to be against the laws, or so that's what I've been lead to believe all these years.

Can't we just say it is up to the discretion of the downloaders to be truthful and adhere to the rules posted in the disclaimers?
    Pretty please? >_o'

I'll throw up a geocities page for the purpose of this though.
    And MP2k we could test out the netplay if you're up for it.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter. Against site policy. Believe me; I personally don't have a problem with Emulation. Just that it IS against site policy. I think that there is a grey area regarding emulators, but those download sites are nothing you couldn't search for.

Also, does ZSNES even sync with SNES9x?

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    Doesn't matter. Against site policy. Believe me; I personally don't have a problem with Emulation. Just that it IS against site policy. I think that there is a grey area regarding emulators, but those download sites are nothing you couldn't search for.

Also, does ZSNES even sync with SNES9x?
    You know, I'm not really sure if they will sync, so I may just download ZSNES just so we can test it out for the sake of connections.

The reason I suggested SNES9x is because the interface is more like a normal windows program, and easier to use for newer people, as opposed to the older versions of ZSNES i've used.

Give me a bit more time before I remove the links from my original post. I'm in the process of putting up a geocities page to move those links to, and I'll put a live chat on there so people can converse while playing if need be. It'll run off of a java applet.

It's FK/Globetalkers.

After I'm done, I'll link to the page.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    Technically, owning the Emulators themselves isn't breaking a copy right law.

On top of that, it is only unlawful to own a rom of a game that you did not own for more than 24 hours. So if you own/owned the game it isn't suppose to be against the laws, or so that's what I've been lead to believe all these years.

Can't we just say it is up to the discretion of the downloaders to be truthful and adhere to the rules posted in the disclaimers?
    Pretty please? >_o'

I'll throw up a geocities page for the purpose of this though.
    And MP2k we could test out the netplay if you're up for it.
    Anything involving breaking copyright laws, I have to remove. If your Geocities site has ROMS, I won't allow you to link to it.

It's a common misconception that ROMs are not illegal if you delete them within 24 hours. To the contrary, ROMs are only legal to distribute if the original creator/publisher expressly allows it. All the cartridge games out there do not have such express permission. It is not illegal to have ROMs, nor is it illegal to make copies of ROMs for games you own. But again, it is illegal to distribute ROMs without express permission of the copyright holder.

I like the idea you are presenting, but I will recommend that for your own protection, you do not provide copies of the games.

However, that being said, it's been my firm belief that ZSNES has always been a more accurate emulation than SNES9x. But far as I know, the netplay between the two are not compatible.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Anything involving breaking copyright laws, I have to remove. If your Geocities site has ROMS, I won't allow you to link to it.

It's a common misconception that ROMs are not illegal if you delete them within 24 hours. To the contrary, ROMs are only legal to distribute if the original creator/publisher expressly allows it. All the cartridge games out there do not have such express permission. It is not illegal to have ROMs, nor is it illegal to make copies of ROMs for games you own. But again, it is illegal to distribute ROMs without express permission of the copyright holder.

I like the idea you are presenting, but I will recommend that for your own protection, you do not provide copies of the games.

However, that being said, it's been my firm belief that ZSNES has always been a more accurate emulation than SNES9x. But far as I know, the netplay between the two are not compatible.
    I understand. But just to clarify, so long as I am not distributing copies of the roms myself from the page, is it ok to link to ROM sites from said page?

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    I understand. But just to clarify, so long as I am not distributing copies of the roms myself from the page, is it ok to link to ROM sites from said page?
    No, that's not any better. Generally you'll find that against the Geocities content policy as well.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    No, that's not any better. Generally you'll find that against the Geocities content policy as well.
    Right then. I won't link to any site that distributes roms. Then we should have no problem, correct?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Carry on. Interested to see how it all turns out.

You know it's true.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Net Play 101

The page is up.

It isn't pretty, but it is up.

It serves its purpose.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM or IM me.
    If you need roms, I can't point you towards sites personally, but your downloading them is at your discretion, and it is at your discretion whether or not to follow the rules and read the disclaimers of those sites.

I probably shouldn't say this, but hey, I've been playing ROMs for years, and well, nothing has happened to me or anyone I know yet. --shrugs--
    Its up to you.

With that said, let's get started.

Oh, and if you need any help about NetPlay feel free to ask me or anyone else who will help. It is easy to learn how to do. All you need is the IP of your computer and the person(s) you are playing with. The rest should be pretty simple to figure out.

Now, as far as finding out your IP goes, I hope that most of you know how to do it. For those of you whom don't know how, here are a few methods. Do all of these while you are online (for those of you whom are using AOL or a dial up modem) otherwise they won't work.

If You Have Windows ME/2000 or Lower:
    1. Go to start menu
    2. Click "Run"
    3. Type in: winipcfg
    4. A vertically rectangular window should pop up telling you your IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, etc.

If You Are Using Windows XP Or Using "Run" Doesnt Work:
    1. Go to star menu
    2. Go to settings
    3. Choose Network Connections
    3a. If Network Connections isn't there, go into control panel, and it will be there.
    4. Once you have that open. Choose the icon that says "connected" or "online" it might say "Local Area Connection" or "Dial Up" w/ "Connected" underneath that. Really, if there is more than one, and you arent sure which it is, just check them all. Because only one will have the info you need.
    5. You can either right click the icon and go to Status or just regular click it if you have Windows XP. When the window opens, click on the second tab at the top that says "Support".
    6. Ta da! You should see a box in the window that says something like "connection status", and more importantly, your IP and other info should be there.

Once you have your IP, write it down, its easier to swap that way. Or copy it. Don't forget the periods (.'s) because they are important.

If you have a firewall, you might have to lower it for netplay, or configure it to allow the emulator progams (safer idea). Also, if you have a highspeed connection, your IP won't change unless you release and renew it, however, I'm not sure how the assignment of IP addresses works with AOL because I had abaonded that craptacular service before I actually got into networking, and technology freaks like myself kinda look down on AOL itself, because we find it to be inferior to Netscape, IE, and definitely FireFox (which is what I use).

You should be able to find Net Play in the menus on the emulators, no problem.

For SNES, one person will have to act as the server, and really, that is the easier job, because it means others have to connect to you. However, its a real pain if the person acting as the server as a slow connection. So if you have a good one, be nice and act as the server, and give the person(s) your playing with your IP so they can connect to you.

Well, I hope that takes cares of it for now. If you are looking for games, just search on your own. Get creative, be specific, and also try being general. ROMs is the word. Trust me, its key. Also, throwing in the word Free helps a lot to. Its up to you to weed out that good and bad sites though.

Have fun, and if anyone wants to play me, bring it!

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll attack you later tonight.

(Or I'll go to sleep early cause I'm tired. Maybe tomarrow, then.)
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-27-2006 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Sooo sleepy...

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I feel like picking up Seiken Densetsu 3 again.

If you have a broadband connection, and SNES9x or ZSNES, and are interested in playing a fun multi-branching hach n' slash RPG, let me know, via PM.
    I do believe up to three people can play at once, and there are characters to choose from. Three girls, and three guys, all with a range of variety of attacks and spells, and all whom can evolve twice.

Closed Thread

Thread Information