AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fate...

Junior Member Kotuso Kaz'e can only hope to improve Kotuso Kaz'e's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2006 11:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Fate...

Do you believe in fate?

Some people I know believe in fate in (such as your is predetermined)

And some people believe in total fate(Such as every action you take is predetermined.)

So...what do you believe in?
    And if you have any theory in fate I'd love to hear em'

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

well can i ask you first, why you picked the word fate and not destiny??and o yah i think your post is incomplete..can you complete it first coz i kinda lost it there =.=

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Predestination is impossible. You can't know the future without changing it (thus invalidating your knowledge of it), thus making predictions (and having a fate) would also be impossible.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

I believe this topic is already in discussion. Fate vs. Freewill has always been in arguement, such as Nature vs. Nurture.

My thoughts are free will. You always have a choice, but the outcomes and ripples of that choice make life what it is. Everything is just a choise and more choices, with outcomes and consequences of each choice. Fate people don't really have an arguement other than "That choice was already made for you", but if the chioce existed, that's still free will.

Bite Me! Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2009 01:13 AM
    Threads

Actually Fate Vs Free will is a different topic then, Do you beleive in Fate.

You can know the future with out changing it. For a simple example: You could know that you're going to get hurt today. You can avoid it all you wish...but you don't know how or when. So it is inevitable.

I beleive you can know your fate, or destiny but only to some extent. There's no way that you can know the exact location at the exact time, who was there, what happened etc.

Anyways, Fate is used more often meaning is't like a past, present and near future tense While Destiny is used as a far future tense.
    Examples:
    Fate:
    Boy: Why's he die mommy?
    Mom: It was his fate, son.

Destiny:
    Boy: But Sense, I don't think I can.
    Sense: It is your destiny to grow up and be the champion of the world, I can sence it.

Well, my take on fate is that it is all just beleif. It's like religon, he beleives Buda is god and she beleives that Jeasus is god Others beleive in Bishnu. Some people beleive fate exisits while others think it is what you would call poppycock. Fate is something Human's created to explain what they don't and never will know. Humans do not like to be unknowlegable. When someone asks a question then they need to figure out the answer somehow. So Fate answers many questions.

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

I believe some things are just meant to happen, but I also think we make our own destiny.

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^

Junior Member Third is on a distinguished road Third's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2006 04:20 PM
    Threads

I believe in fate.... I think that everything happens for a reason. The bad things in life make us stronger, etc. And maybe everything is predermined. I think that may be the case...

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Third
    I believe in fate.... I think that everything happens for a reason. The bad things in life make us stronger, etc. And maybe everything is predermined. I think that may be the case...
    The idea that everything we do is predetermined makes me think that life would be pointless, that we are just a machine filling out are required job... That idea just cant work for me - how futile is our lives if we have no choice in its course?

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^

Stolen Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima has a reputation beyond repute Seldrima's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 06:20 PM
    Threads

I believe in fate, but i think we can shape our own destinys. At one point I used to believe that everything was decided by fate, I still believe that strongly, but I believe we can change our destiny.

Senior Member Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2008 09:05 AM
    Threads

I don't think "Fate" and "Destiny" are the same thing. Fate is what you have no control over. Destiny is what you want it to be. You control your destiny. But fate is fate. So to answer your question. Yes I believe in fate.

Junior Member ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince is infamous around these parts ice_prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 02:39 PM
    Threads

see every thing happens for a reason and you cant change wat should of been so if you try it will still happen if it was supose to

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

I believe that there is a predetermined future for everyone...but every step you take can change the outcome of your destiny. So it's like a mixture of predetermined fate and not knowing the future. You can decide whether or not you should go in your "predetermined" steps...I hope that wasn't too confusing.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Senior Member Marrugi can only hope to improve Marrugi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2006 02:56 PM
    Threads

I guess i do but i'm not sure of myself

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

Everything has a purpose. A Beginning & an Ending. And everything that happens has a purpose and has a meaning. And everything that happens causes a chain reaction, no matter how small. Everything is already written for us because we have already decided what we are going to do, it just understanding why we do it, is the real question.

Here are some examples.

This pencil has a purpose, its purpose is to be left behind the mans desk for years until one day, while clearing out he finds it, and places it in his pocket. While walking home he gets attacked but jabs the pencil in the attacker’s body. Although never used for its main reason of being, the pencil has served a purpose, to protect the man. And now his whole outtake on life will change, he quits his job after the court case and starts writing. I know this is elaborate buts it’s the easy way to get it through.

The 100th British man to die in Iraq causes a huge chain reaction back at home. His purpose was to die and bring much more awareness back in England about the stupidly and worthlessness of the war. This causes doubt and anger in England, making the priministers job much more difficult. For better or for worse? I do not know but that was the man purpose and its reaction is being filled out right now.

Maybe my purpose and so called fate is to make people realise this complex system. Or maybe not. I just know this will cause some chain reaction, however big or small.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

[K_K]'z Death Plague PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 08:42 PM
    Threads

i was told once by a sunday school teacher that god has someone for everyone when it comes to love, but yet u still have freewill, i was told that god will move heaven and earth to bring two people together , your soul mate could be thrown infront of you and be right before your eyes, but some people over look them, being their choice and then , well your screwed getting divorced or ending up alone, or perhaps with some one u might not love as much as you could.

however i dont think i belive this because no one has come to me by fate that i know of, either way im leaning towards free will

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It is all a load. There is no force or anything of that sort which can plan out our lives for us. To do so is simply impossible, as Dieselmannen stated. And even if there was such a thing as fate, would it really matter? I mean, if the idea of fate even were to have any logical sense behind it, would that not mean that it has predetermined that you will question it? If that is the case, there is no point in knowing it exists, other than to know it exists. It will neither benefit nor harm anyone, seeing as we would not be able to control it, nor read into it. Basically, to spend your time pondering over the existance of fate is futile.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 03-24-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Grammar.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

[K_K]'z Death Plague PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 08:42 PM
    Threads

you said it boy

spawn of dragons skater2791 is a glorious beacon of light skater2791 is a glorious beacon of light skater2791 is a glorious beacon of light skater2791 is a glorious beacon of light skater2791 is a glorious beacon of light skater2791's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2006 08:38 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII
    It is all a load. There is no force or anything of that sort which can plan out our lives for us. To do so is simply impossible, as Dieselmannen stated. And even if there was such a thing as fate, would it really matter? I mean, if the idea of fate even were to have any logical sense behind it, would that not mean that it has predetermined that you will question it? If that is the case, there is no point in knowing it exists, other than to know it exists. It will neither benefit nor harm anyone, seeing as we would not be able to control it, nor read into it. Basically, to spend your time pondering over the existance of fate is futile.
    i agree with Xero XIII....even if there is such a thing as fate, why should we worry about?
    just let it be
    anger+sadness+happiness+confusion=life
    skater2791

siggy made by chibi fire angel
    put this in ur sig if u would walk 1,000 miles to hold ur love in ur arms

Member DarkFireDemon is on a distinguished road DarkFireDemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2006 10:07 AM
    Threads

I belive in fate to an extent....
    If You're Gonna Be Dumb
    You Gotta Be Tough
    When You Get Knocked Down
    You Gotta Get Back Up

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I think life can be part fate, part freewill. Not exactly sure how to explain why I think that way, and I don't have any set in stone way to back it up, but that's how I tend to look at it.

Although I do believe in the idea that when you meet certain people at a point in your life, you were meant to meet them and you are meant to learn a lesson, whether it be learning from their mistakes or them sharing ideas or experiences with you. I met this lady who is now my riding instructor a few months ago, and the timing of when we met and what our situations were, it was almost as if the timing was perfect. Even though she is 54 years old and I'm only 15, our experiences and views on things have been solutions to each other's problems. When I think about when I met her, I do think we were meant to know each other. You can't explain it, it's just a feeling that you have.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe fate in the most scientific way possible. We are a product of our memories and genes, and there is nothing we can do to change that. Everything you do is a reaction your surroundings and those two factors, so if you were to live your life again, you would make exactly the same decisions all over again.

Upon realizing this, one may think that it's prudent to rebel against this "fate"---act completely out of character in spite, but that is ALSO a part of your fate, and also something you would, were you given the chance, repeat all over again.

This however, does not imply any sort of logic, predetermination or intelligence behind fate.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Like Xero put it, Fate has no harm nor benefit, no escape nor controll. If there is such a thing as Predetermined Fate.
    Still, saying "everything you do is already predetermined, there's no escape" is like saying "You exist in a universe, there's no escape" or "That's the cheesyest cheese", there's no sense in it. It's like saying a self-confirming, self-denying truth, neither the truth nor the false counts, more like a Paradox, i'd say.
    Last edited by Dr.McDoom!; 07-01-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Senior Member Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster is a glorious beacon of light Beautiful_Disaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 12:23 PM
    Threads

I've never thought of it before...so thinking of it right now i'm sure i don't
    Best Friend Forever: ~Pure Soul~
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into your
    signature to help him on his way to world domination

I'm sorry MsAeris Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I Don't look at fate as a pre-determined event.The way that I look at it,is that every little choice that you make will eventually lead up to a one-in-a-million encounter with someone,something,or situation,ect...What I mean by this is that,if you were to change just one of your choices,then it might be possibible that you'll miss that one-in-a-million encounter with something.

So with that said,I guess i'm saying that every little choice you make leads to something that could have easily not have happend, if you were to just do one thing differently.That is my definition of fate.

Social expectations diminish an individual's ability to think as an individual.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Krsnik
    I believe this topic is already in discussion. Fate vs. Freewill has always been in arguement, such as Nature vs. Nurture.

My thoughts are free will. You always have a choice, but the outcomes and ripples of that choice make life what it is. Everything is just a choise and more choices, with outcomes and consequences of each choice. Fate people don't really have an arguement other than "That choice was already made for you", but if the chioce existed, that's still free will.
    Exactly. I agree with this statement.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Closed Thread

Thread Information