AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Awwww, poor Halo 3 and Zelda fans

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 10:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Awwww, poor Halo 3 and Zelda fans

Well, by now you have probably heard, but incase you haven't, here is the scoop.

Halo 3 is not comming out in the near future says X-box, which has bummed lots of people out I would imagine. I don't forsee X-box fans being too loyal anymore, but thats just my opinion.

Zelda is the second big story. Twilight Princess has yet again been delayed until November.

This has been a bad month for gamers, not really for me, but for a lot of them. What do you think? So far it seems Sony is the only company who knows what they're doing, since KHII is well on its way. How do you think gamers have responded to the recent news? How do you think this will reflect on the companies and their loyal supporters? Lets here it.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 06:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

One word:
    Oblivion

By all means, this has been a great month
    I live in Switzerland!

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

im a hardcore gamer...this is why i own nintendo, PS and xbox...
    i dont have bad gaming months....>)

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

onto the end Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart has a reputation beyond repute Dragon-Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 02:37 AM
    Where dragons roam free and cats can talk
    Threads

my bro reserved twilight princess over a yr ago.. mwahahaha wait.. that effects me to! dang now i can't polay it either.
    A signature I made for another forum, but I like it just a little bit to much. ^^

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 03:18 AM
    Threads

YES! no Halo 3, for the time being, thats good news to me ^.^

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I actuallt want them to spend as much time on TP as possible. I love Zelda, and after playing wind waker I was...disgusted. Miyamoto even said that WW was rushed, and that they refuse to make the same mistake with TP.

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I actually have a little theory behind the garbage that is Wind Waker. Lets face it, after awhile games can, and eventually will, run out of ideas. There are two possibilites for why they did what they did.
    1. Wanted to try something new(which almost every gaming title who has a long series of games will do), and just screwed up horribly
    2. They just ran out of ideas, and just hoped that the gamers would buy it, soley on the name of the title
    Now I could be wrong, or it could be a little of both of those, but whatever it was, they should never try that again. Now, the new Zelda game "I HEARD" will be based off of the Wind Waker series, which may scare gamers who didn't like the first one. So for all you Zelda fans, lets just hope that you finally get what you desirve.

As for Halo 3, all they could do is put a "3" and cross out the "2" on Halo 2, and they would still make a lot of friggin money. Granted, the samething could be done for Zelda(which it has) and my favorite company which I'll never understand why they did this, Final Fantasy(again, which they did, although they were atleast going in the right direction with it). But, I dunno, just more fuel for the fire I guess.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    I actually have a little theory behind the garbage that is Wind Waker.
    O Rly?

Lets face it, after awhile games can, and eventually will, run out of ideas.
    Thats when you recycle old ideas that most people forgot about.

Wanted to try something new(which almost every gaming title who has a long series of games will do), and just screwed up horribly
    Thats pretty much it.

They just ran out of ideas, and just hoped that the gamers would buy it, soley on the name of the title
    If nintendo meant it to be like this, then we would have had TP a year ago.

"I HEARD" will be based off of the Wind Waker series,
    I heard that it is based after OOT and Before wind waker. However, this is fan speculation. In case you havn't noticed, it's just easier to say that each game is it's own seperate game, if you try to fit all of the games on a timelime then the entire story turns into once gigantic mess (The Zelda timeline is VERY flawed)

which may scare gamers who didn't like the first one. So for all you Zelda fans, lets just hope that you finally get what you desirve.
    ...Deserve what? What did Zelda fans even do? Zelda may have a insanly large fanbase but it least it's not as bad as other games (FF7, Kingdom Heats,halo, and Star wars come to mind)

As for Halo 3, all they could do is put a "3" and cross out the "2" on Halo 2, and they would still make a lot of friggin money.
    The orignal Halo...do you know just HOW happy I was with the first Halo? Halo 2 destroyed my love for the game. I stood online till midnight, got home at about 12:30...And to my surprise, I had the game beaten 14 hours later...Why?

Granted, the samething could be done for Zelda(which it has)
    Actually, not true. Go on Zelda Universe, there are a lot of people who couldn't stand wind waker, Minish Cap, and four swords, and they eat,sleep, and breath Zelda.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 01:30 PM
    Threads

I actually have a little theory behind the garbage that is Wind Waker. Lets face it, after awhile games can, and eventually will, run out of ideas. There are two possibilites for why they did what they did.

1. Wanted to try something new(which almost every gaming title who has a long series of games will do), and just screwed up horribly
    2. They just ran out of ideas, and just hoped that the gamers would buy it, soley on the name of the title
    Now I could be wrong, or it could be a little of both of those, but whatever it was, they should never try that again. Now, the new Zelda game "I HEARD" will be based off of the Wind Waker series, which may scare gamers who didn't like the first one. So for all you Zelda fans, lets just hope that you finally get what you desirve.
    Indeed you are wrong. Nintendo has a long standing track record of not only trying something new, but trying something new and SUCCEEDING BRILLIANTLY. Wind Waker was an excellent game that was not well received by the more closed-minded of Zelda fans, because the art style was different. As a game, the only problem I found with it was how much time was spent sailing. For those of you who didn't like Wind Waker, but did like Ocarina of Time, I say this to you: You lose. The gameplay styles are SO similar, and if you'd open your eyes to what the cel shading added to the game, your opinions on games may one day be worth something. As it stands now, if you can't look past the graphics, whether you like them or not, and see through to the game within, you should have your gaming privileges revoked.

As for how this will affect gamers, my guess is that the majority of the community will do what they always do in these situations: Go to forums and chat rooms and whine about how they deserve their game sooner.
    I recommend a different approach. Play other games, and wait patiently. If they release it too soon, it won't be nearly as awesome as the trailers made it look.
    As for Halo 3.. Go play Halo 2. It's good enough. Or even better, take a trip back a couple of years and play Goldeneye and remember how much fun that one was. After all, newer doesn't necessarily mean better. And while different can be fun, so can the classics.

By the way, the Wind Waker series is the same as all the others. Read the stories a bit. The timeline basically puts it something like.. Ocarina of Time, (Majora's Mask, which may not really count, but it's there), Link to the Past, Zelda 1, Zelda 2.
    Wind Waker is somewhere in the middle, my guess being before Link to the Past, but it's hard to be sure. Nonetheless, the story is there, referring to other games in the series. I didn't put in the Game Boy games because I didn't enjoy them enough to read the stories and figure out where they all fit in.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-21-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I always hated Goldeneye, just had a really bad experiance when I played it. I didn't own the game, but an old friend did, so whenever I was over there the only thing he wanted to do was play goldeneye in a 2p versus match. Naturally, since he owned the game and knew everything about it, he kicked my arse relentlessly.

Anyway, I am also one of the people who liked OOT but not Windwaker. To me, WW felt more steriotypical nintendo (childish) as well as the issue with the graphics. I don't really use my GC anymore so I'm not really following TP at all.

Halo 3, I think anyone who is actually looking foreward to Halo 3 knows, and has known, that it's not coming out soon. I know Axeit has been posting for a long time that Bungie hasn't even announced it yet. Any Halo "fan" is going to know it'll be a while before they get their hands on it.

The biggest dissapointment for me was that StarCraft: Ghost got pushed back.... again..... for the, I dunno 10th time or so....

But other than that it's been an average month for me. GRAW came out and it kicks. Plus this month Ubisoft announced that they will publish Over G for America and Europe.

Sony does seem that they are (finally) getting their act together, it looks like they are confident they can make a working system by pushing the PS3 launch date back several months.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-21-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Language

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    I always hated Goldeneye, just had a really bad experiance when I played it. I didn't own the game, but an old friend did, so whenever I was over there the only thing he wanted to do was play goldeneye in a 2p versus match. Naturally, since he owned the game and knew everything about it, he kicked my arse relentlessly.
    I think you and I had the same friend. He's probably the reason I don't care much for FPS games to this day.

The biggest dissapointment for me was that StarCraft: Ghost got pushed back.... again..... for the, I dunno 10th time or so....
    After Blizzard basically said they're not the ones doing the work on this one, I stopped following it. The concept always seemed pretty cool, but it had so many ways it could go wrong. The one thing keeping me interested was Blizzard's track record of making good games. As it stands now, I'll look into it when (if) it comes out, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 04:33 PM
    Threads

Zelda the wind waker is one of the best looking games ever made in my opinion, and it will always look that good. A bit to slow for my tastes, but I would be willing to give it a another chance.

And the reason zelda got pushed back was to add more stuff to the revolution version, nintendo already stated this.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Man, don't you just love how opinions are thrashed in these threads. This isn't a debate, just a place to state your opinions while respecting everyone elses, and again, as a moderator, you should know this most of all. But, I can't stand people thrashing my opinions without me backing them up, thus I will do so now.

Your opinion that Wind Waker was good can stand, I won't argue what basis you have for it. But, my opinion that Wind Waker had one of the worst story lines ever stands as well. OOT had an awesome storyline, thus is why its one of the only ones I like. Now, did I ever say that Nintendo has ever failed when trying something new with all their titles? Did I ever say that ANY company failed at trying something new all the time? If you read it instead of making your poorly thoughout assumptions, you would realize that I was mainly talking about Wind Waker. Nintendo has infact succeeded with trying something new, like Super Mario World. But, WW in general was not something that was good with trying something new. So yeah, thats my opinion, take it or leave it, I could honestly care less.

As for the Halo fans, I never said Halo was a great game, or that the fans even liked the sequal. The gameplay of Halo 2 is the same as Halo 1, and its really hard not to like it just as much atleast, unless you really hate the campaign mode(which I did). But, as most people are diehard Halo fans, they would most likely buy the new Halo game, if it came out, based on the success it has had(many people would disagree with not liking Halo 2 as much as the first, but I agree that it did suck).

Zelda does have a very long fan base, and the fans have been basically tortured, but what Nintendo has done with the new Zelda(I go to video game chatrooms all the time, they get pretty furious). I will just quickly say that Final Fantasy did do bad on the last couple games they made, but in my opinion, they were better than Zelda games(and obviously fans think so to, since FF has sold a bit more than Zelda from FF7-9 atleast, although by the time 9 came out, there were no more Zelda games coming out). I think TP will be taking place shortly after the WW era(like was said earlier, falling the middle somewhere), and that is why I don't think it will do well, but again, thats just my opinion. Indeed, the time they are taking may make the game more impressive, but I guess time will tell.

In short, the delay in making these games could infact hurt the sales in my opinion, considering the fact that people are not patient. And, when told they have to wait longer, they start to lose anticipation, like me and Kingdom Hearts(taking economics for 2 years helps a little bit, maybe some of you should read some sales information if you disagree).

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    Wind Waker was an excellent game that was not well received by the more closed-minded of Zelda fans, because the art style was different.
    What if I thought the story just flat out sucked and the overall game itself was no challange at all?
    I actually thought the graphics were cool, because they were unique.

By the way, the Wind Waker series is the same as all the others. Read the stories a bit. The timeline basically puts it something like.. Ocarina of Time, (Majora's Mask, which may not really count, but it's there), Link to the Past, Zelda 1, Zelda 2.
    Wind Waker is somewhere in the middle, my guess being before Link to the Past, but it's hard to be sure. Nonetheless, the story is there, referring to other games in the series. I didn't put in the Game Boy games because I didn't enjoy them enough to read the stories and figure out where they all fit in.
    That can't be true. There is no official timeline to the Zelda series, only speculation. The only thing nintendo confirmed is that the game would take place a few decades after OOT, and before WW.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Man, don't you just love how opinions are thrashed in these threads. This isn't a debate, just a place to state your opinions while respecting everyone elses, and again, as a moderator, you should know this most of all. But, I can't stand people thrashing my opinions without me backing them up, thus I will do so now.
    It's my opinion that you should do your job, and leave the moderating to me. I'll handle things that need to be handled, and I'll continue to post when I have something to say.

Your opinion that Wind Waker was good can stand, I won't argue what basis you have for it. But, my opinion that Wind Waker had one of the worst story lines ever stands as well. OOT had an awesome storyline, thus is why its one of the only ones I like.
    The overall quality of a game is made up of a balance of a number of factors. For different types of games, there are different factors that are more important. For RPG's (i.e. Final Fantasy) storyline is far more important. For Action/Adventure games (i.e. Zelda) storyline is a far smaller part of it than the gameplay mechanics. This is a widely accepted belief. The gameplay differences between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker were not very extreme. The storylines between the two were actually both very weak. (So you put the sword back, it's like you never pulled it out in the first place. Except.. Why are the spiders still dead? Why do you have all your money? Why don't you warn people of the dangers to come?) The stories both are weak, but Wind Waker has more of one. The games themselves were both good games for the same reasons. You didn't like the story. Fair enough. Doesn't make the game horrible, as you have said so many times. Besides.. Seems to me..
    1. Talking fish-----Don't care how good the rpg is, talking fishes are just lame
    2. Talking Boat-----again, just [lame]
    3. No talking hero----Chrono Trigger wasn't that great on an rpg, but thats just my opinion, make another thread if you disagree
    These were your top three reasons for hating Wind Waker.

Now, did I ever say that Nintendo has ever failed when trying something new with all their titles? Did I ever say that ANY company failed at trying something new all the time? If you read it instead of making your poorly thoughout assumptions, you would realize that I was mainly talking about Wind Waker. Nintendo has infact succeeded with trying something new, like Super Mario World. But, WW in general was not something that was good with trying something new. So yeah, thats my opinion, take it or leave it, I could honestly care less.
    I don't know where to begin. You just went around in a circle in one paragraph.

Zelda does have a very long fan base, and the fans have been basically tortured, but what Nintendo has done with the new Zelda(I go to video game chatrooms all the time, they get pretty furious).
    This is by no means proper indication of the majority of the Zelda fanbase, just the loudest. I'm a big fan of the Zelda games, and I remain in strong anticipation of the upcoming one. Never once have I felt that Nintendo "owes me" Twilight Princess. When I didn't enjoy the Game Boy Zelda games, I didn't feel "tortured" in any way.

In short, the delay in making these games could infact hurt the sales in my opinion, considering the fact that people are not patient. And, when told they have to wait longer, they start to lose anticipation, like me and Kingdom Hearts(taking economics for 2 years helps a little bit, maybe some of you should read some sales information if you disagree).
    Could hurt the sales, true. But I don't expect it to be nearly bad enough to have an effect on the company. But that's all speculation. Most people who would have bought the game at its original date would still buy the game a little later.

Sales aren't all that video games are about. Video games are a work of art. And I know I wouldn't be satisfied with anything I put my name on until I am certain it's what I wanted. Not everyone can be George Lucas, and go back and "fix" their old works.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    What if I thought the story just flat out sucked and the overall game itself was no challange at all?
    I actually thought the graphics were cool, because they were unique.
    I haven't found the Zelda games to be much challenge at all either. I play the Zelda games because they're a lot of fun, for the same underlying reasons each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    That can't be true. There is no official timeline to the Zelda series, only speculation. The only thing nintendo confirmed is that the game would take place a few decades after OOT, and before WW.
    No arguments here, it is pure speculation. But the stories do fit together, and that's what I meant to illustrate by what I said.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-21-2006 at 06:06 PM.

You know it's true.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 05:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

So for all you Zelda fans, lets just hope that you finally get what you desirve.
    Im not sure what you mean by that, never have I been let down with any Zelda game. I find that most people who complain are the ones that play for awhile, give up because they cant progress, then decide that its a bad game. Thats what most peoples problem is with Majora's Mask, they call it stupid when they never even made it out of clock town.
    At first I too was skeptical about the new look WW had, but that didnt stop me from giving it a shot, and it turned out to be great. I wasn't crazy about the story line, but then again thats not really what zelda games are meant for, at the beggining of the game they give you some story, then they hand you over the reins and its like that for most of the game until they rap it up in the end.
    And I have no problem waiting for Twilight Princess, once it comes out i'm sure it'll be worth all the time they put into it, besides there are other games that I have to keep me going until then.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 04:33 PM
    Threads

I was under the impression that game play was the most important part of an adventure title, not story. It's nice to have it but it isn't a driving force as far as I'm concerned. Games like RPGs where the game play pretty much doesn't exsist need a story to keep things interesting.
    1. Talking fish-----Don't care how good the rpg is, talking fishes are just lame
    2. Talking Boat-----again, just [lame]
    3. No talking hero----Chrono Trigger wasn't that great on an rpg, but thats just my opinion, make another thread if you disagree
    Wow what a piss poor and close minded list that is. Why not just come out and say oot was the first zelda game you ever played. Since most true zelda fans don't care about trvial things like this. The people who have only played oot do though.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-21-2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Language

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 06:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

And honestly, the gameplay of Halo and Halo 2 is not exactly the same.
    Even the use of the new physics engine, makes the two games very different.

If you still don't like it, go play some other game, like Goldeneye for an instance
    What did you say? Is it like every other Bond game?
    No, it's not. Neither is Halo.
    I live in Switzerland!

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

This seems to all be a very pointless and fruitless debate for all your efforts. People advocating either sides are presenting flawed and largely opinion based arguements, not to mention speculation on their part. The Zelda timline is just something fans demanded to explain all the Links (because let's face it, the fans have started to think Hyrule actually exists). Trying new things is actually very rare in Zelda games, they rely on generally the same gimicks and story. What changes each time is the geography of Hyrule, the characters you meet, the items you receive (to a certain extent), and the levels. That is about it. It's still the whole kill-Ganon-again-because-that-bastard-has-woken-up-or-whatever-and-taken-Zelda-AGAIN.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very huge Zelda fan, and I happen to love OoT and have WW. OoT was more traditional Zelda, only extended to include some brilliant new species in Hyrule. WW was something almost completely off base. True, the cell shaded graphics are a major turn-off, but look beyond that. The storyline was shaky at best, the new specis seemed to be forced, sailing around was a major pain in the neck, and most importantly it was too short! I happen to love ALttP for the Super Nintendo. That was the longest Zedla game, had wonderful gameplay and graphics, good ol' reliable Zelda storyline, added some new twists with that mirror, and gave Link some very nice new eguipment.

I think TP will be more of the same of ALttP and OoT. It seems to get most of it's art style from OoT with some added twists. Like a werewolf! I haven't heard much about the gameplay and battle system, but I hear rumors that it is also based on a targeting system. I'm curious and eager to play it and find out for sure.

As for Halo, I shall say very little. I have always hated the Halo series, mostlyfor biased reasons pertaining to the Metroid series. In my opinion it was a huge rip-off. Not to say that Metroid wasn't a huge rip-off, but Halo is shamelessly and unapologetically so. Master Cheif makes a lame main characterm, his aresonal is much to apocalyptic, and he just does impossible missions. Honestly, him against 1,000,000 in a haj? Please. No one can do that.

So, I'm quite happy Halo 3 has been pushed back (I won't have to hear about for quite some time), and I'm a little disapointed to hear about TP, but I am willing to wait if Nintendo makes it worth our while.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, keep in mind there were 20 reasons, lol. And, at the time I was fed up with the game because of its childish look and feel(yeah, I coulda got that from the cover, so sue me).

Basically, here's the bottom line cuz I refuse to write another essay when you guys bash it with no basis whatsoever except on the pure fact "I like the game".
    1. Storyline is one of the most important factors in MOST games, not just rpgs.
    2. WW was a childish game, and I didn't like it, which was my opinion, and everything I state is based off my opinion. Do I care if you don't like it? No. I like to hear others points of view, as long as they don't go judging my own. Member_name, you seem to be really good at doing that.
    3. Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
      Did I ever say that ANY company failed at trying something new all the time? If you read it instead of making your poorly thoughout assumptions, you would realize that I was mainly talking about Wind Waker. Nintendo has infact succeeded with trying something new, like Super Mario World. But, WW in general was not something that was good with trying something new. So yeah, thats my opinion, take it or leave it, I could honestly care less.
      I don't see how thats in any way a circle. I'm talking about Zelda, not all of Nintendo, is it that hard to comprehende?
    4. That list I made wasn't in any particular order, those were just disappointments in general, but reasons enough to dislike the game
    5. I'd say if you have a lot of Zelda fans in a chatroom, and they are all complaining about something, then it could be assumed that a lot more could as well. I never said ALL Zelda fans, but from what I've seen, most. If you don't fall into that category, give yourself a goldstar.
    6. OOT had a great storyline, whether there were loopholes or not. WW had a horrible story line, atleast in my opinion(again, you don't like it, I don't really care). I mean heck, the whole thing barely connected at all, it was almost as if they thought up random ideas, and threw them in a game. I never said that since I didn't like it, no one else could like it either, and so far, even if someone said they liked it, I kept my thoughts to myself instead of saying they were morons, or arguing that they shouldn't. But, it seems thats all you guys can do to me, but eh.
    In short, you are never going to make me thing WW is a good game, and I am never gonna make you guys think its a bad game. People don't change opinions very often, so thats why this is utterly pointless. Sure, we can exchange ideas back and forth, but that just gets kinda old after awhile since already we are repeating what we've already said, only we don't agree with it the first time, and won't agree with it again. So.....

Zelda sucks

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wind Waker was and awesome game. I just want to make that clear. Awesome art, and great gameplay and a great addition to the story.

All you graphics whores can bite me. So what if it was cell shaded? It was done beautifully and the art was superb. I'm sorry it didn't have tons of blood and shock value and a naked Zelda. Go play GTA: SA if you want that.

I want LOZ: TP to be great, so if they need more time, that is ok by me. I only play Halo for the multiplayer, as the story isn't all that great to me, or at least it doesnt grip my interest. I prefer to compete with real people then play another re-hashed FPS.

And Sony may have KH2, but remember, the first KH was pretty much a let down anyway. Or at least it was to me. To most people who game more than they watch anime, like me, KH isn't anything special. Actually, very few things put out by Square have been anything special to me. Sqauresoft had Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 right on back on SNES. Now, as Sqaure Enix, they are just the new 989, and having said that, I don't think Square will last too much longer.

Added: Zelda doesn't suck. You may think Zelda is bad, but that is just because you are a sick individual. Anyone who plays anything besides play station can tell you that.
    Last edited by Kishiro; 03-22-2006 at 02:04 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    And Sony may have KH2, but remember, the first KH was pretty much a let down anyway. Or at least it was to me. To most people who game more than they watch anime, like me, KH isn't anything special.
    I'm glad somebody finally said it. KH WASN'T THAT GREAT PEOPLE! If it wasn't for the fact that it brought beloved game characters back to life with more gusto and incredible graphics, it would not be worth anytime at all. The battle system was laughable, I honestly had expected it to be turn based. I really do hope KH2 will be an improvement, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of that game as well.

However, Halo can be delayed till the end of time and I would only lift a finger to celebrate.

As for TP, I really have high hopes for it. The die-hard Zelda fans have been denyed a decent Zelda game for too long, since OoT.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 05:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Trying new things is actually very rare in Zelda games, they rely on generally the same gimicks and story. What changes each time is the geography of Hyrule, the characters you meet, the items you receive (to a certain extent), and the levels. That is about it. It's still the whole kill-Ganon-again-because-that-bastard-has-woken-up-or-whatever-and-taken-Zelda-AGAIN.
    This is not so, maybe it use to be that way, but after oot came out the Zelda games started to become very different, Majora's Mask never once mentioned Zelda or Ganon, and took place in 'Termina' not Hyrule. The story was completely different, and the limit on time was also a something totally new to the Zelda games. I dont think I need to go into how different WW was, everyone seems to agree with that. But why does everyone complain about the slow sailing? After you get that song that allows you do transport to diffrent places on the map it becomes hardly a problem.

Garma_Zabi: all your arguments are biased and just ridiculous.

Storyline is one of the most important factors in MOST games, not just rpgs
    Did you look at what Darth said about this, because he's exactly right, its NOT the driving force in adventure games and everyone knows this. Having a bad story doesn't effect an adventure game as much as an rpg. So maybe you should get over this.
    And why are you calling WW childish?? Are you calling it childish because of the graphics? Also, since when does 'childish' make a game bad? I'm going to stop from now, since you did say you dont want people judging you opinion, but its hard when it seems your forming your opinion on trivial, stupid things.

I'm probably going to have to come back an edit this, I'm short on time and i have to goooooo....
    Last edited by Buruku; 03-22-2006 at 05:53 PM.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    I'm glad somebody finally said it. KH WASN'T THAT GREAT PEOPLE! If it wasn't for the fact that it brought beloved game characters back to life with more gusto and incredible graphics, it would not be worth anytime at all. The battle system was laughable, I honestly had expected it to be turn based. I really do hope KH2 will be an improvement, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of that game as well.

However, Halo can be delayed till the end of time and I would only lift a finger to celebrate.

As for TP, I really have high hopes for it. The die-hard Zelda fans have been denyed a decent Zelda game for too long, since OoT.
    I've always stood firm about my opinion of KH not being all that it is hyped up to be, JUST LIKE HALO. Neither were that amazing, I tell you!

What caught ppl for KH was disney characters, Utada, & FF characters. I can guarantee you that not so many people would have had anticipated or even picked it up without these things. KH succeeded because of Disney & Utada for the most part. With out all these combined pre-existing outside elements, most of you probably wouldn't have given KH a second glance if the story would have been done with original characters.

For all you fanboys and fangirls of KH, suck up your tears and quell your anger. It is just my opinion. It won't end the world, and it won't stop you from ranting about that game, or telling me how much KH2 "pwns" after you beat it three times.

Actually, I know of a comic perfect for this situation... from Penny Arcade
    Link removed - But I love Penny Arcade so much, and the comic is quite appropriate to the situation, so I've censored and attached the comic below - Member Name
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20021007h.gif‎
Views:	32
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	9657  
    Last edited by Regex; 03-22-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well it's good to be more clear in your statements about Nintendo and trying new things, because the way you worded it first was confusing and weird. Interestingly enough, I hated Zelda II, and thought that was a bad attempt at trying something different. It was a really strange mixture of RPG and side scroller, and I felt that it didn't work out well at all.

I'd also like to mention, for Capernicus, who says the games are not trying new things. Let's review the games.
    Zelda the first.
    Zelda II - More of an RPG element added to some factors, and more of an action element added to some others. You actually talk to people, instead of just getting hints in caves, there's a few puzzles involved
    Zelda III - Where to begin. Completely different method to get the same feel as the original. More items, and a more developed story. The puzzles are more complex, and a much bigger part of the game.
    Ocarina of Time - This one did an incredible job of implementing the 3D element, while still keeping the same feel as Link to the Past did. It's a massive change in the graphics, but it still maintains its "Zelda-ness." The idea of switching between two time periods is quite innovative, and was very well implemented.
    Majora's Mask - It seems like this one was an idea at first that just needed an engine to run it on, so they made it Zelda, because the Ocarina of Time engine was so good. This game is stronger on the puzzles than it is on the action, and overall very enjoyable if you like the puzzles Zelda games offered.
    Wind Waker - Once again, while trying to maintain the same feel, they did another massive graphics change. No need to go into further detail here, as it's kind of the topic at hand.

Okay, I accidentally gave a mini game review to each one, rather than just sticking to showing what was different. But I think the idea remains.

And as you can see, you've been outvoted on the importance of story. Member Name, Darth Tyranus, and Hatake Buruku have all said so. And while I'll agree that Final Fantasy has had some great games because of incredible story, this is just not the type of game that needs that kind of writing.

I'd say if you have a lot of Zelda fans in a chatroom, and they are all complaining about something, then it could be assumed that a lot more could as well. I never said ALL Zelda fans, but from what I've seen, most. If you don't fall into that category, give yourself a goldstar.
    It's unfortunate, but the most vocal people aren't always the best voice of the overall community. Chat rooms are usually filled with some of the younger fans, who are not the most articulate to what they mean. And often times, they are upset without understanding the bigger picture (Disclaimer: I know this only because I spend plenty of time moderating our own esteemed chat room here at Animeforum) Message boards often have the same problems, but there tends to be a slightly greater variety of users, so you get more opinions. The best voices of these things are (respected) review sites, and often, customer reviews on shopping sites. These are the people who actually buy the game, or are paid to have valuable opinions.
    But I liked your idea, so here you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gold-star.gif‎
Views:	26
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	9658  

You know it's true.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information