AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: WHY do you like anime?

Threaded View

A Work In Progress _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 06:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up WHY do you like anime?

Okay, we've all heard the 'what's your favourite', and 'who's your favourite character', but WHY do YOU like anime?As I've said on an earlier post:
    It grows with you. When I was younger, I was a CCS, Medabots (remember that one?) and InuYasha FANATIC. But I've grown into anime with better characters, stronger and more progressive storylines, and a more interesting concepts altogether, that don't baby situations down, but give out the real deal, showing a more mature progression. Like Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist. Major character deaths happen all the time in those shows! But hell would freeze over before one of the InuYasha six ever died. Not saying that maturity level is determined by death, but compare shows like Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Seed to Hamtaro and Megaman.
    Although I have to admit...I don't think I'll ever grow out of CCS or Medabots. ^_^

There's the younger anime, like Hamtaro. Then there's the little-bit-older anime, like Megaman. Then there's what I call the 'transition anime', which is like a bridge between children's anime and adult anime, like InuYasha and YuGiOh (yes. YuGiOh.). Finally, there's more than one path for adult anime; there are many more genres to choose from, like FullMetal Alchemist (action / adventure), Love Hina (romantic comedy), Fruits Basket (dunno what that would be classified as), and various hentai. ^_^
    That's what anime's for; there are different genres for different stages of maturity.

What's your reason?
    Last edited by _allismine_; 03-20-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information