AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Decline of Anime

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Decline of Anime

I remember a time way back when when the Anime "Gundam: the 08th MS team" was shown every weekday on Toonami. I was overjoyed, but then...they promptly removed it after a questionable scene between Ina (bad bad bad spelling) and Shiro. At this point they put Yu Yu Hakusho on adult swim, a good anime indeed. But that did not last long (at least not during hours normal humans are awake), then the downfall of anime was secured when adult swim decided to air the ever loathsome...Inu-Yasha. After that, I stopped whatching anime on TV. I turned to the internet and never looked back. And then I had to ask myself: "why? Why do they deprive me of good anime for garbage? what is the reasoning behind this? where's the benefit?" Do it for the quality of the show, not who it will appeal to" Yes, I am hinting that Inuyasha MOSTLY (key word) appeals to simple minded anime noobs. They've stopped airing the good anime in response to what the general public will enjoy. However, there are many good animes that are good but not mindless. Such as Bleach (but I don't want it liscenced any time soon). Why do they not air these, why do they insist of airing the same tedious episodes of Inuyasha every damn night, WHY!? Do you agree? Do you think anime has taken a turn for the worse? Are we being exposed to the garbage while japan wallows in the fields of anime goodness? Discuss.

1000th Post btw
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Sorry to tell you, but Bleach has been licensed. I supplied Sophonax the info about it for the News Forum.

I understand what you are saying. I have rarely watched anime on television for the past 8 years or so. But, I suppose this all depends on what type of person one is, and what type of anime appeals to them. Everyone has different tastes in anime. We cannot all have the same opinion about shows. Even if you know a show is terrible(Inuyasha), there will always be people who will like it, as it is an anime that suits what they want in an anime(or lack there of).

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

not sure but i don't usually watch anime on tv. When i do i usually watch it on the asian channel cuz they show series i actually like like record of lodoss war and yami no matsuei...sometimes i catch vandread occasionally on the action channel...but theres only so many times i can rewatch the same anime so i tend to only watch it when really bored. I don't have CN so i don't get to see how bad shows turned out...although i would like to rewatch some of the gundam series...the older ones...including Wing and Endless waltz although relina annoys me for some reason.
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Sorry to tell you, but Bleach has been licensed.
    That ruined the remainder of my night.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Blade08 will become famous soon enough Blade08's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

I think that that there should be a channel on TV just for anime
    If you give in you might as well DIE!!!

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    That ruined the remainder of my night.
    And mine as well...And it was ruined enough.

Igit GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 06:10 AM
    Threads

Adult Swim's purpose for me is Robot Chicken, Moral Orel, Family Guy, and Harvey Birdman. The anime has become too lame (with the exception of Samurai Champloo, but I am not watching it in English).

I hope they bring the REAL DBZ that is being released on DVD to Adult Swim. That's a man anime

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

Arrow

1.) If some people here have IO digital cable, they could watch all of the Anime they wanted from the past as i do, Most of the time.

2.) I would agree, The shows from the past are much better because the shows they are showing on cartoonnetwork...I think they are getting desperate because their rate is falling, But I guess if they worked on bringing back some shows, they would get a higher rating.

3.) For GreyFox, DBZ is being shown on Cartoonnetwork at 10:30 pm, but Since cartoonnetwork it going to have Adult Swim move to 10:30 soon, I do not know the results for what is going to happen to DBZ now.

Igit GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am aware, but it's the watered down version

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I remember when Toonami aired Outlaw Star, YYH, all of the Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, ect. Those were the pretty good days. I wish they would air some of those again, but most likely they've gone into the vault of 'Never to Return' shows on CN. That nasty, nasty vault.

Alot of the good animes are deeper in storyline and content. Not very many adults watch CN, it's mostly younger kids. So, I think the purpose of that is so that it's easy for little kids to understand and get a kick out of. Indepth stories probably won't capture their attention. Especially nowadays I think. ><

Plus liscense and censorship issues have a part of what gets played and what doesn't. I don't watch CN or Toonami or Adult Swim anymore. And I don't really know what's going on with that Miguzi thing-a-magig, but someone had to have been smoking something when they decided to put that on the air. ^^;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heh, having to follow Sailor Moon in its most awfulness back in my high school days...that's what I am grateful for putting in the vault.

Senior Member Marrugi can only hope to improve Marrugi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2006 02:56 PM
    Threads

I loved how toonami used to show Tenchi Muyo i loved that show sooooo much

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh yes. We saw the promo commercial and my bro and I went bonkers, ha ha ha.

Nice sig, Galaxy Angel?

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We have two hopes:

1: Anime Unleashed redeems itself and gets either some new [donkey]-kickin' shows or puts some old [donkey]-kickin' shows(a la Last Exile) on.

2: Someone takes the great baseball bat of Sense and knocks it into Adult Swim. Bring back action Satudays! Also, take every half decent anime given it Toonami, de-edit it and put it on. Except for Naruto. Toonami can keep Naruto. And they should drop Inuyasha. Maybe it'll finally die.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Blah blah blah, tv sucks always has. Why would the animes that are on suck any less than all the other shows on tv? And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually doesn't download anime at this point.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're not alone, Tyranus. I don't download either.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

To me it just doesn't feel right, not to mention I hate having to watch things on my small moniter. There's a couple more reasons as well, and although it's probably well known at this time you tube sucks, it sucks hard. I tried watching an episode of mst3k (I buy them all so it's ok) what a waste of time that was. It froze all the time and had remarkably poor video quality.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    To me it just doesn't feel right, not to mention I hate having to watch things on my small moniter. There's a couple more reasons as well, and although it's probably well known at this time you tube sucks, it sucks hard. I tried watching an episode of mst3k (I buy them all so it's ok) what a waste of time that was. It froze all the time and had remarkably poor video quality.
    YouTube is to video what AOL is to the Internet. It gets you the basic idea of what you want, but at the cost of all quality and usefulness. You want quality videos, they're usually distributed via a torrent.

As for the anime on your computer issue, I can relate. I get around that with the computer I have plugged into my tv. Any videos I download, I just watch on that. Unfortunately, that's not a luxury everyone has. Xboxes are commonly used in the same way, however. Just a few things to consider.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Heavens Angle Of Darkness shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi has a reputation beyond repute shinju hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2009 07:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blade08
    I think that that there should be a channel on TV just for anime
    i think so too ^^

SDK lover 4ever
    family in my journal pm me if u wanna join

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

i liked watching the gundam series that toonami aired along with dbz, sailormoon and tenchi. those were fun to watch(except for the horribly dubbed sailor moon) i liked the midnight run and the rising sun, then there was adult swim which caught my attention with cowboy bebop, now that adult swim airs mostly garbage on saturdays and sundays (yes i consider harvey birdman, squidbillies, and those other pathetic and perverse 'cartoons' they put up as garbage) i just watch it for FMA, eva and bebop.
    no...i dont download anime, its just a waste since the mangas are always better (and a lot cheaper) to get.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dunno, I still watch TV-based anime. AS still does show a few quality Anime; Inu-Yasha is banished to some day that isn't Saturday, and they show GitS: S.A.C. 2nd GiG and NGE instead. But, I haven’t watched G4 Tech TV's Anime Unleashed in a long time, due to them changing the schedule all the time. Anime Networks VOD service is kind of lame, the only thing I'm watching on their entire lineup right now is Jing King of Bandits, and only begrudgingly. The rest of my Anime is either rented from Blockbuster or bought from Best Buy because Suncoast and FYE insist on raping me. I am a cheap bastard when it comes to Anime; most of my disposable income goes to Video Games and Literature.

And honestly, the Anime hasn't changed much: The Audience has.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

A Work In Progress _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_ is infamous around these parts _allismine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2007 06:08 AM
    Threads

The US and Canada usually slaughter any anime I like by dubbing it. Which is why I don't watch it on tv. I'm trying to finish a couple of Bitlord.com torrents, but they are taking FORVER...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As for the anime on your computer issue, I can relate. I get around that with the computer I have plugged into my tv. Any videos I download, I just watch on that. Unfortunately, that's not a luxury everyone has. Xboxes are commonly used in the same way, however. Just a few things to consider.
    My computer and tv are a floor apart so an S cable ain't happening. Still I would rather buy the show anyway. I don't knwo how to use bittorents and don't really want to learn. Especially when a lot of shows can be found complete now for around 40$. Sure a lot will cost you 100$ or so for a box set but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I mean the artists do deserve to be paid for their work after all.

Meiun no Pengin Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2006 10:23 AM
    Threads

Uh-oh... I seem to be the only one still attached to InuYasha. I wouldn't be THAT harsh on it, though... it's a little too Americanized at times, I must admit.

Anyway, there is a channel that's just for anime. It's called the Anime Network XD! They play all different kinds of anime. Not the most popular, but semi-popular. A good example would be DNAngel or Full Metal Panic. I only watch it OnDemand, 'cause I don't wanna pay for it ^^;.

~.::.~Ginji Amano~.::.~
    ~.::.~The Lightning Emperor~.::.~

Go Team Light Penguins!
    Yup, that's my survivor theme ^^!
    Be sure to support us ^_~!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    My computer and tv are a floor apart so an S cable ain't happening. Still I would rather buy the show anyway. I don't knwo how to use bittorents and don't really want to learn. Especially when a lot of shows can be found complete now for around 40$. Sure a lot will cost you 100$ or so for a box set but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I mean the artists do deserve to be paid for their work after all.
    I do buy the anime I feel is worth buying. Chances are, I'll be buying Bleach up through the whole Soul Society story, now that it's been licensed. I downloaded Bleach since there was no way to buy it here. The torrents, while they are commonly used for illegal purposes, it's pretty easy to track down who's adding to that, and that's just not something I feel like getting involved in.

In short, I download only what I feel is worth downloading that I can't get otherwise.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Closed Thread

Thread Information