AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Animating Text Tutorial

Member Surfin Choco will become famous soon enough Surfin Choco will become famous soon enough Surfin Choco's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2006 11:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Animating Text Tutorial

Animating: Fading Text

Hi AG members,
    this is my first tutorial on animation so I apologize if this is the most crappiest tutorial you've ever read. I'm here to explain how you can make the text on your graphic fade by using Photoshop Image Ready. My skills in animating is pretty basic so I'm not a hard core animator just to let you guys know. For this tutorial, I'll try to make it simple and easy to understand along with some screen shots that will help. Ok, lets start!

What you need:
    -Some basic knowledge about graphic making.
    -Photoshop & Adobe Image Ready
    -A graphic image
    -------------------------------

I. GRAPHIC IMAGE & TEXT

-Open an image on your Photoshop. I'll be using a banner I already made for this tutorial.

1. Type in the text that you want to be fading in your image. I typed "Kingdom Hearts" for my sig.

2. After that, hide your text layer. Go to your Layers window, look for your text layer, and click on the Eye next to it so it'll hide the layer.

3. On your Tools Window, find the PS Image Ready icon and click on it. In doing so your image will be transfered to the Image Ready program.

II. ANIMATING

-Now that you're in Adobe Image Ready, this is where you will start animating. Make sure you have your Animation window along with the Layers window and Optimize window (just have that minimize it, we'll start using it at the end). If you're still lost then just look at my screenshots so it can help.

1. Go to the Animation window and duplicate the frame. Just click on the duplicate icon located on the bottom next to the garbage icon.

2. After that, make your text layer visible by unticking the eye icon on the Layers window. By doing this, your text will be visible on the 2nd frame.

3. Now that your text layer is visible on the 2nd frame, this is when you can start fading your text. Go back to your Animation window and click on the Tween icon next to the Duplicate Frame icon. When the Tween window opens make sure you have "Previous Frame" selected for "Tween With:" and type in "3" for "Frames to Add" (look at screen shot) Tween basicly make the text fade by creating multiple of frames. You can also do this for images too.

Once you click Ok, you pretty much can click the Play button and see it animate! But it's going too fast. You can adjust this by changing the seconds on the bottom of each frame. See where it says "0 sec."? Click the little arrow next to it and it'll let you choose the seconds. Change it whatever you like and click the Play button to see it. Play around with the Tween tool and seconds that fit your animating liking.

(Tip: Instead using Tween on text, you can also use it on images. )

Here's the final product...

III. SAVING
    • Go to the Optimize menu; it should be on the upper right hand corner. Click on the Optimize Tab.
    • Now whenever you're saving an animate image, always save it in .GIF format or .PNG so that the image can stay animated.
    • Adjust the Colors that you see fit. 256 is the highest quality you can save it in.
    • The more frames you have, the larger file size you'll have.
    • Usually I try not to save the image in such high quality because it usually lags the loading page when you post it in forums or sites (well for me it is.)

----------------------------

Sorry if the tutorial looks long but it's only the screen shots that making it look big. To me, I learn a lot better when I look at the screen shots.

Anyway, I hope you guys learned something about animating from this tutorial. This is a start on learning how to animate and hopefully it'll help when you learn more of the difficult areas of animating. If you have questions or confused, post it here and I'll be happy to clear it up for you.

~~*BaCk! *~~ Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2007 09:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

not bad...but when the kingdom hearts disappears it sux...it should look like its fading away like the one that is happening when KH is appearing...But the tut is good ^_^ I Like it though...GJ!
    Visit!
    Fan Of

Elementress Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for the great tutorial! That helps a lot. Here's one of my sigs that I did kind of fast to test it out. (I fixed it - it fades out now.)

Last edited by Mira Kaiba; 03-19-2006 at 01:17 AM.
    Sooo many thanks to .Celeste for the lovely avvy!!! ::INTUITION GFX

~~*BaCk! *~~ Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama has a brilliant future Kamui-Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2007 09:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Nice Outcome ^_^ I will Try it too...as soon as i re-install my photoshop and image ready
    Visit!
    Fan Of

Member Surfin Choco will become famous soon enough Surfin Choco will become famous soon enough Surfin Choco's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2006 11:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kamui-Sama
    not bad...but when the kingdom hearts disappears it sux...it should look like its fading away like the one that is happening when KH is appearing...But the tut is good ^_^ I Like it though...GJ!
    Haha, yeah ,I know what you mean. I would've made it better at the end by adding a transition there, but I just rushed through it and I had to make it simple for the beginners.

Mira Kaiba, that's a great looking sig there. I'm happy to see that the tutorial helped ya out.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

using animation has one disadvantage it reduce the quality of the sig....aniways nice tut easy and simple.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Elementress Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Surfin Choco
    Haha, yeah ,I know what you mean. I would've made it better at the end by adding a transition there, but I just rushed through it and I had to make it simple for the beginners.

Mira Kaiba, that's a great looking sig there. I'm happy to see that the tutorial helped ya out.

Yeah, thanks a bunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	YugiohSmanifull.gif‎
Views:	118
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	9732  
    Last edited by Mira Kaiba; 03-25-2006 at 04:25 PM.
    Sooo many thanks to .Celeste for the lovely avvy!!! ::INTUITION GFX

Closed Thread

Thread Information